Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
All hail the glorious strategical genius of America!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

Okay, I agree. It's generally hard to make statements about alignment early in day one, especially when the thread has largely been nonserious. However, I think it's fairly clear you and others assign some value to Orpheus' post. I think it's shady to say that you don't have any opinion on him at all while you're coaching him to play less scummy.

That wasn't supposed to be coaching and was pr much me just going "dude no" but I see now from the way I worded it that might've been ambiguous i guess?

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Somberbrero posted:

Okay, I agree. It's generally hard to make statements about alignment early in day one, especially when the thread has largely been nonserious. However, I think it's fairly clear you and others assign some value to Orpheus' post. I think it's shady to say that you don't have any opinion on him at all while you're coaching him to play less scummy.

Also it's been a while but I've played a few mafia games on SA before.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I don't like whoever I voted for's reaction to the heat, seems shady, would nuke

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
oh, are we playing mafia now?

i think allen wren is scum for his driveby bashing of people who like chess/go

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

open up a chess gake, play against the hardest ai, with you playing as merk and the ai is what moves you use against merk.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I might be able to catch up when I'm at work tomorrow, though I really have to get poo poo done. It's been a hectic few days and it doesn't look like it's changing.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It would be just like me to get down to a pawn and a king and still somehow win

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I like ernie and Kumba's line of thought here on Winged Orpheus. Most voteworthy offense so far.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh are we playing mafia now?

Orpheus's post is dumb as hell but it's not scummy cause what would be the point of saying that as scum? It doesn't look townie, it doesn't help get anyone lynched and ok maybe merk is scum too but that's still way too obvious for scum to say it. To me the reactions are more telling, particularly this one:

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

I like ernie and Kumba's line of thought here on Winged Orpheus. Most voteworthy offense so far.

This is a lovely bandwagony-yet-noncommittal post so it looks like KFC's contributing without having to add an original thought of his own ##vote KFC CT's coaching post was also really bad.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Has Opop lost? I don't see a way out for him.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Rarity posted:

Oh are we playing mafia now?

Orpheus's post is dumb as hell but it's not scummy cause what would be the point of saying that as scum? It doesn't look townie, it doesn't help get anyone lynched and ok maybe merk is scum too but that's still way too obvious for scum to say it. To me the reactions are more telling, particularly this one:

This is a lovely bandwagony-yet-noncommittal post so it looks like KFC's contributing without having to add an original thought of his own ##vote KFC CT's coaching post was also really bad.

Eh, I think the CT case is a bad case but so is this. It's such an easy thing to jump on, someone commenting on a bad case. I think it is a really lazy and "by the books" case, rather than you actually feeling like you've found scum Rarity.

And I don't agree that KFC is worse for his post than Ernie or Kumba. Both those guys actually voted, KFC just said it was worst thing "so far". I think the players actually pushing the CT vote are scummier.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I haven't played chess for 4 years so I'm pretty sure I would lose to merk too opop

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Why would you say most vote worthy offence yet and then not vote?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

uranus posted:

oh, are we playing mafia now?

i think allen wren is scum for his driveby bashing of people who like chess/go

tbf, my bashing was not driveby if you had seen the poo poo I was saying in mafia skype chat

my bashing is continual

because chess and go are games where I am a loving bad

and people who are not bads inevitably end up giving me poo poo about it

(in before "allen wren cares too much about what his posts look like which is so scummy" AGAIN for like the fourth game in a row)

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
it's because it's true, allen.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Eh, I think the CT case is a bad case but so is this. It's such an easy thing to jump on, someone commenting on a bad case. I think it is a really lazy and "by the books" case, rather than you actually feeling like you've found scum Rarity.

And I don't agree that KFC is worse for his post than Ernie or Kumba. Both those guys actually voted, KFC just said it was worst thing "so far". I think the players actually pushing the CT vote are scummier.

It's D1. It's not even late D1, of course I don't have a slam dunk case yet cause nobody does. I just got a read that pinged me and followed through on it to see what would happen.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
You're scum.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Chic Trombone

Coaching without making an actual statements about alignment.

this is a fantastically bad vote

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Pinterest Mom posted:

your face is a bad vote

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

do you have a "act like a counterstrike pubbie" post restriction

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
does my Fantastically Bad Vote say anything about my alignment?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Never stopped me before

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Pinterest Mom posted:

Nah it's good

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well I'm dead

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

In chess or cs?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i'll play you opop, then you can win

we should just forget this mafia game and start a chess club

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

uranus posted:

i'll play you opop, then you can win

we should just forget this mafia game and start a chess club

I'm not so pretty good at the chess

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

fiery_valkyrie posted:

It's been over since move 17.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
it's me swinging from the CHANDALIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
teach me chess ernie

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
should i move the little nipple looking guys first, or the horse

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
You can't move the little nipple guy first. You can move the horse first though.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I JUST MADE SILVER II CHUMPS

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Pinterest Mom posted:

nice of Pinterest Mom, Mafia Expert to chime in and shine some light on us lowly plebs

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Dugong posted:

Why would you say most vote worthy offence yet and then not vote?

My vote is doing what I want it to right now.

Epsilon Plus posted:

nice of Pinterest Mom, Mafia Expert to chime in and shine some light on us lowly plebs

There have been a couple light/no-reasoning condemnations of peoples' votes. Why is this one sticking out to you?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Merk, I knew I could count on you. Opop, an unfortunate victim to the RNG to get chosen.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
what do i win already, do i now have 'all' x 2?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

All rewards and penalties are unknown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
booo

boo diqnol, boo

• Locked thread