Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Death Grips cancelled 3 of the shows I was going to go to. (2 funfunun fests, nine inch nails)

I mean I saw a little bit of them at Fun fun fun fest once before like 3 years ago? It just sucks that they cancelled all of their shows I was really stoked on seeing them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Henchman of Santa posted:

I just think that they're tremendous douchebags, and providing more examples of them being douchebags doesn't really help whatever point you're trying to make.

Uh, yeah it does.

VVVVVVVV correct; in return, they give their albums away for free.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 11, 2014

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Maybe getting bilked out of your money IS the Death Grips concert experience.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

We're all going to meet back here in 2025 for the 10 year.

Screaming Cow
May 10, 2008
When you come out your show is gone.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'M NOT IN YOUR AREA

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
I was at Moogfest 2012 and missed Death Grips to see Andy Stott, one of the regrets of my life.

New song is dope.

Brick Card
Oct 12, 2008

Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember and be sad.
Sneaked into the Bjork show here in Toronto to catch Death Grips open for her. So many confused Bjork fans it was great.

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Maybe getting bilked out of your money IS the Death Grips concert experience.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Having actually seen them play a headlining show I can't say that's entirely true, although they did only play like a 50-minute set.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

they just lifted weights and screamed for the entirety of a game of thrones episode and like, I just wasn't satisfied with it really

Malaria Playboy
Aug 28, 2014

Inform
Anyone looking to get exmil on vinyl without having to pay a stupid amount for it, vinyl-digital is running a 2xLP bootleg of it

http://www.vinyl-digital.com/en/Electronic/Exmilitary-Grey-Vinyl.html

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

If only it were a single LP...

Malaria Playboy
Aug 28, 2014

Inform

WASDF posted:

If only it were a single LP...

I'd be nice to own it on a single LP, but who knows. Maybe the 2XLP press will sound better considering the more you cram onto a single LP, the worse it sounds.

Jonny
Dec 31, 2005

Malaria Playboy posted:

Anyone looking to get exmil on vinyl without having to pay a stupid amount for it, vinyl-digital is running a 2xLP bootleg of it

http://www.vinyl-digital.com/en/Electronic/Exmilitary-Grey-Vinyl.html

Whoah, thanks for this. Went ahead and ordered. I wonder why nobody else has done this until now. Can't wait to see if it's any good.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Do they press their own bootlegs? I bought the Acid Rap one earlier this year and it is awful. Even the cover art was a cheap recreation. But maybe that will just make it even more Death Grips?

Malaria Playboy
Aug 28, 2014

Inform

Fors Yard posted:

Do they press their own bootlegs? I bought the Acid Rap one earlier this year and it is awful. Even the cover art was a cheap recreation. But maybe that will just make it even more Death Grips?

Not sure. I've had good luck with some of their bootlegs in the past (Channel ORANGE to be specific), so it seems hit or miss.
Also, to be fair, that bootleg probably sounded like garbage because Acid Rap was only ever officially released as a 320 mp3. Noticing a difference when it comes to home use is spotty but pressing an LP with an mp3 source is almost always gonna make it sound like poo poo.

Malaria Playboy
Aug 28, 2014

Inform
http://www.hmv.co.jp/artist_Death-Grips_000000000474373/item_Powers-That-B_6132683 beep beep track list might've leaked

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I Break Mirrors With My Face In The United States

Malaria Playboy
Aug 28, 2014

Inform

second-hand smegma posted:

I Break Mirrors With My Face In The United States

That and Centuries of drat might be the best song titles I've seen all year.

Like I don't even care what the actual name of the first track is, I'm changing it to I Beak Mirrors With My Face In The United States

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Fors Yard posted:

Only if you paid like $300 for it.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Mods make this my new avatar tyvm

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Mods make this my new avatar tyvm

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
If Jenny Death is not released before January 1st 2015 I propose we all commit ritualistic suicide in protest

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

Fors Yard posted:

Well considering Exmilitary sounds rough and poo poo this can't be too bad, riiiiight? Think I might get that

Malaria Playboy
Aug 28, 2014

Inform

:vince:

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Hey Disc Exchange is my local go to play for new albums. Nice.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

love this rock music

Malaria Playboy
Aug 28, 2014

Inform

WASDF posted:

love this rock music

jimmi hendrix, of course

Long John Silvers
Apr 17, 2013

https://www.facebook.com/deathgripz/posts/886106861434494

The track names spell "JENNY DEATH WHEN"

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Well that came out of loving nowhere

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

This album puts the last Aphex Twin release to shame so far. Didn't think I'd be saying that.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I love death grips so much

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

lmao, oh Death Grips :allears:

So these are just the instrumentals for the album coming next month? Or is this actually the album? Or something differently entirely? Sometimes I don't even know what to think with these dudes.

Nevertheless, so far it owns.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

lmao, oh Death Grips :allears:

So these are just the instrumentals for the album coming next month? Or is this actually the album? Or something differently entirely? Sometimes I don't even know what to think with these dudes.

Nevertheless, so far it owns.
I think this is a completely separate release from Jenny Death.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Of loving course the best Death Grips release since 2012 has no loving vocals on it.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

HorseRenoir posted:

Of loving course the best Death Grips release since 2012 has no loving vocals on it.

Yeah, I gotta agree with this.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
fashion Week sounds like a Vaporware album.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
BE-BE-TUNES

• Locked thread