Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

so does that sand king trick work on last-gen? the modded dubsta does not, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tjones
May 13, 2005

fyodor posted:

so does that sand king trick work on last-gen? the modded dubsta does not, apparently.

While I haven't spent a lot of time looking for it, I'm assuming it does not.

The gang cars that spawn in the projects east of grove street do work on last gen.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Tweaked out gangcars spawn on current-gen, Gallivanter and other valuable cars became rarer with the christmas patch that increased vehicle variety massively, started seeing windowed vans on the streets for the first time ever.

titties posted:

E2: I see a lot of videos from you guys now that everyone's on PS4 but nobody is ever in 1st-person. This makes me sad. Is there an option for 1st-person only lobbies? I feel like the only *real* way to play this game on current-gen would be 1st-person free-aim.

Can only force perspective when creating or hosting a mission/race :(

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

titties posted:

Here's something I didn't see:

Don't use the option to refill all of your ammo in the pre-mission lobby. It sometimes overcharges you and you really don't need 9,999 rounds for your sniper rifle. Just top off your weapon-of-choice and explosives when you go to refill your armor reserves.

E: n/m, I did see that you said not to buy ammo from the mission screen. But yeah, seconding all of that poo poo you said. Also, if you have to blow something up, hand grenades will usually do the job about as well as blooper rounds, rockets, or stickies and they cost a lot less.

E2: I see a lot of videos from you guys now that everyone's on PS4 but nobody is ever in 1st-person. This makes me sad. Is there an option for 1st-person only lobbies? I feel like the only *real* way to play this game on current-gen would be 1st-person free-aim.

Real talk if you're not playing in first person, you're not playing.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Cute as heck posted:

Real talk if you're not playing in first person, you're not playing.

If they removed the slow rear end turn rate of the camera while driving I would be for this. Feels like your head weighs 100 pounds.

And that's with look around acceleration maxed.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I'm not liking first person mode. The field of vision just seems off to me.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I'm not liking first person mode. The field of vision just seems off to me.

You can adjust it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I enjoy first person for loving around with pedestrians but while trying to achieve anything remotely serious (grinding out jobs for funbux, trying to get a car to LSC/Simeon without destroying it, dot hunting) I stick with third person.

I have had some hilarious times joining first person locked jobs without realising though.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

verbal enema posted:

You can adjust it.

Not in cars. I miss the old first person while flying planes....the new one is exactly the same just with like 70% less screen real estate.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I love FPS flying with the aircraft helmet on. Give me all those meters and gauges and crosshairs.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Policenaut posted:

I love FPS flying with the aircraft helmet on. Give me all those meters and gauges and crosshairs.

Yeah I didn't even know this was a thing last night because whole I'd turn sure show flight helmet on my mask that I ALWAYS wear was keeping me from putting it on. My only regret/request is that they tone down the visit tint in first person. loving impossible to see things at night but it's cool.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Sapient Afro posted:

favorite pass time now is to go into passive mode and follow people around in a car while leaning on the highest pitch horn

Wait, I thought you were automatically removed from passive once you got in a vehicle?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Craptacular posted:

Wait, I thought you were automatically removed from passive once you got in a vehicle?

No.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

For anyone else having trouble getting that modded Dubsta to spawn with the one intersection method, I found a video with a slightly different method for it and after trying the first way a hundred times, this one worked for me first time (though I haven't been back to get a second one, yet): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMUBL-EcxlI

My Dubsta didn't show up until about 12:00 in game, but my friend was waiting in the same spot and got one as well. I just sat in a Baller I had stolen from nearby and parked in the driveway in the video and sure enough, here comes the Chrome Dubsta.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Quasipox posted:

For anyone else having trouble getting that modded Dubsta to spawn with the one intersection method, I found a video with a slightly different method for it and after trying the first way a hundred times, this one worked for me first time (though I haven't been back to get a second one, yet): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMUBL-EcxlI

My Dubsta didn't show up until about 12:00 in game, but my friend was waiting in the same spot and got one as well. I just sat in a Baller I had stolen from nearby and parked in the driveway in the video and sure enough, here comes the Chrome Dubsta.
I already have a Dubsta 2, does it need to be a chromed-out one for this to work?

Ausmund
Jan 24, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I know nothing about gang cars or these blue and yellow sand kings and I'm like level 165.
Wait, I thought the game won't let you sell stolen high value vehicles? It always locks me out of the mod shop. I'm still sorta new.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Ausmund posted:

Wait, I thought the game won't let you sell stolen high value vehicles? It always locks me out of the mod shop. I'm still sorta new.

What it means by that is poo poo like super cars or very expensive base normal cars. Since these gang cars are regular sellable cars, but with mods, they can still be sold.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

i stole a blue and white striped hexer from that roadhouse on the coast and it wouldn't let me sell it gently caress this game. :(

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

When pubbies take my cars during missions, it makes me irrationally angry. I really love playing in first person mode, but I swapped over to 3rd person view while in cover and it's made me die a lot less during missions. I really do hope they flesh out FPS mode for whatever sequel they have planned, poo poo is so fun despite being a "tack-on" in GTA V.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
PS3 goons need to organize better. Had a good time the other night, we seem to conglomerate at complete random..

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Quasipox posted:

I just got 3 Chrome Dubstas this way.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Croccers posted:

I already have a Dubsta 2, does it need to be a chromed-out one for this to work?

For your first one, I don't think it matters, but I don't know about his supposed "100%" method for driving back up with another Dubsta 2. In the few hours we tried it again, we drove up there with the chromed Dubstas we got earlier and were able to get one to spawn every time. Oddly enough we also got one outside of an LSC randomly; don't know what that's about.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lyer posted:

When pubbies take my cars during missions, it makes me irrationally angry. I really love playing in first person mode, but I swapped over to 3rd person view while in cover and it's made me die a lot less during missions. I really do hope they flesh out FPS mode for whatever sequel they have planned, poo poo is so fun despite being a "tack-on" in GTA V.

Set your car to passenger only when playing with pubbies. If you're really lucky you'll get to watch particularly stupid ones get in and out repeatedly, unable to comprehend why they can't jump in the driver's seat.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Quasipox posted:

Oddly enough we also got one outside of an LSC randomly; don't know what that's about.

Different custom vehicles sometimes spawn outside mod shops now. I've so far seen sabres and a rat loader. The dubstas are still by far the most valuable though.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sapient Afro posted:

Different custom vehicles sometimes spawn outside mod shops now. I've so far seen sabres and a rat loader. The dubstas are still by far the most valuable though.

I found a custom dominator outside an LSC and was surprised to find out it wasn't someone's personal vehicle.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Bobtista posted:

Set your car to passenger only when playing with pubbies. If you're really lucky you'll get to watch particularly stupid ones get in and out repeatedly, unable to comprehend why they can't jump in the driver's seat.

Dumb question, but how do I set it on the ps4? I can't find it in the options menu and googling it doesn't give me any recent answers.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lyer posted:

Dumb question, but how do I set it on the ps4? I can't find it in the options menu and googling it doesn't give me any recent answers.

Hold the touchpad button down to bring up the menu for your quick GPS and inventory poo poo, it's in there.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Bobtista posted:

Hold the touchpad button down to bring up the menu for your quick GPS and inventory poo poo, it's in there.

Holy poo poo I had no idea that menu existed, thanks!

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

What are the most goofy and run down cars/trucks you can own and put in a garage?

Everyone has all these sweet sup rides I want some crapped RV or a Hotdog Truck as long as I can garage it, insure it, and possibly mod it.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

CappyBottoms posted:

What are the most goofy and run down cars/trucks you can own and put in a garage?

Everyone has all these sweet sup rides I want some crapped RV or a Hotdog Truck as long as I can garage it, insure it, and possibly mod it.

You have the Duneloader:

The Ratloader:

The Hot Rod ATV:

The Rusty Karin Rebel:

I have a chromed version with the covered up truck bed and it looks great. This picture doesn't do it justice, if I get on later I'll take a picture of mine and change this picture for it.

The Dubsta 6x6 AKA "The Killdozer":

edit:

Also the Slamvan:

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jan 5, 2015

Goodfeila
Apr 25, 2010

I'm playing on PS4, is there any way to unlock the Tommy Gun?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Goodfeila posted:

I'm playing on PS4, is there any way to unlock the Tommy Gun?

They'll probably open it back up this Valentine's Day, since you didn't get it last year's.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

FallinInTheBlak posted:

You have the Duneloader:

The Ratloader:

The Hot Rod ATV:

The Rusty Karin Rebel:

I have a chromed version with the covered up truck bed and it looks great. This picture doesn't do it justice, if I get on later I'll take a picture of mine and change this picture for it.

The Dubsta 6x6 AKA "The Killdozer":

edit:

Also the Slamvan:

I love you. Thanks!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

CappyBottoms posted:

I love you. Thanks!

if you want a poo poo-rear end car that (almost) nobody has, find a Voodoo.

If you're on PS4, Kelly could probably help you out.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Don't forget the surfer:

Handles like crap even upgraded, but give it a clown horn and a matt paint job and it's just the best thing to rock up to a mission in.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Don't forget the surfer:

Handles like crap even upgraded, but give it a clown horn and a matt paint job and it's just the best thing to rock up to a mission in.

Seats 6, right? Stats don't matter when you have a mystery mobile of drunk fools all smoking a cig while cruising around.

edit; maybe two can even be girl characters.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Scyron posted:

Seats 6, right? Stats don't matter when you have a mystery mobile of drunk fools all smoking a cig while cruising around.

edit; maybe two can even be girl characters.

Unfortunately both it and the Youga only seat 2.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
All the vehicles you'd think seat 4 or 6 or 8 actually seat 2, it's stupid.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
The Paradise seats 4 and has neato paint jobs to boot. If only it had some kind of over the top wizard livery it would be perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
I'm certain there's a camper that allows for passengers in the back of the RV.

• Locked thread