Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

NeoSeeker posted:

I'm certain there's a camper that allows for passengers in the back of the RV.

Pretty sure the breaking-bad looking RV allows for passengers in the rear, at least in a job online where you need to chase down one and steal it from the lost theres at least one guy in the back shooting at you as well as the driver and the front passenger.

I can't remember seeing any vehicle yet that didn't adhere to occupancy rules for npc and player alike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

NeoSeeker posted:

I'm certain there's a camper that allows for passengers in the back of the RV.

There are two (one kind of Breaking Bad-esque and the other kind of looking like a modern Ford F-350 with a camper on it), but neither of them are insurable/garagable.

e: vvv I know, but they're not moddable and saveable in that sense.

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 6, 2015

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

There are two (one kind of Breaking Bad-esque and the other kind of looking like a modern Ford F-350 with a camper on it), but neither of them are insurable/garagable.

You can buy the motorhomes from Warstock, they get delivered by Pegasus.

E: the nasty old motorhome and the modern RV, I don't know if they have the truck / camper.

titties fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 6, 2015

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Just got the chrome Dubsta to spawn. I'm halfway to LSC and network error. It will probably take me another day or two to get another.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
The bastards stole all my festive gear but left me with the dumb stocking mask...rude.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Craptacular posted:

Wait, I thought you were automatically removed from passive once you got in a vehicle?

Actually, Craptacular, yes that is correct on the platform on which we play. This short sighted and dimwitted response by our crew leader is simply more evidence that he should step down and leave leadership of the crew to Mr. Dread

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Hugh Malone posted:

Actually, Craptacular, yes that is correct on the platform on which we play. This short sighted and dimwitted response by our crew leader is simply more evidence that he should step down and leave leadership of the crew to Mr. Dread

not it

FITB is a fine leader. Besides, I don't want to be in charge of any crew that isn't the white girls and yacht rock crew that Cute as heck and I have been dreaming of.

titties fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jan 6, 2015

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

titties posted:

not it

FITB is a fine leader. Besides, I don't want to be in charge of any crew that isn't the white girls and yacht rock crew that Cute as heck and I have been dreaming of.

lol

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

Bobtista posted:

Pretty sure the breaking-bad looking RV allows for passengers in the rear, at least in a job online where you need to chase down one and steal it from the lost theres at least one guy in the back shooting at you as well as the driver and the front passenger.

I can't remember seeing any vehicle yet that didn't adhere to occupancy rules for npc and player alike.

There are exceptions to the occupancy rule. Once in a while you can find a Sentinel being chased in single-player with four passengers around the Richman area. If you "manipulate" the scenario further, you will realize that unlike normal "scared animation" passengers, the rear seat passengers are not able to leave the car.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Hugh Malone posted:

Actually, Craptacular, yes that is correct on the platform on which we play.
Rats, trolling people with the horn sounded like fun. :( I was hoping there was some method to stay in passive in that I didn't know about. "Buy a PS4" is not it, shut up.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I cAn get the special Sentinel to spawn. Grabbed 2 so far. Try between 11pm and 4am. Both of mine were just passing the coffee shop.

http://m.imgur.com/a/4KUkg

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

titties posted:

not it

I'm down.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

geeves posted:

I cAn get the special Sentinel to spawn. Grabbed 2 so far. Try between 11pm and 4am. Both of mine were just passing the coffee shop.

http://m.imgur.com/a/4KUkg

Whoa hello.... want.

Do you have to use the massacro to get it to spawn?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

Whoa hello.... want.

Do you have to use the massacro to get it to spawn?

First time yes. Second time I was in an F620 and grabbed the yellow and black one after the NPCs ran because of a big firefight.

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

BUTT clan reigns supreme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSHPznAuOY

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

geeves posted:

First time yes. Second time I was in an F620 and grabbed the yellow and black one after the NPCs ran because of a big firefight.

Awww balls I don't own one.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
There is a glitch within the LSC menus that adds the 'Sad Trombone' horn to your cars for free, and it works on the modded Dubstas. If you take the car there, go to the Suspension settings and make sure it has the stock suspension. Then, go to the horn menu and you should see a checkmark beside the trombone horn. Select it, and it will equip it for free. You can now sell the car for an additional 10k. On the Dubsta, this made the sale price $34,000.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

geeves posted:

Just got the chrome Dubsta to spawn. I'm halfway to LSC and network error. It will probably take me another day or two to get another.

Do what this video says to get your first gold or chrome dubsta. It's a good video. Informative, no lovely music or intro.

Sit in that driveway from 8am-3pm in any car, a chrome or silver will drive by eventually. Once you have that, it is your dubsta seed. Insure that seed and make room in your garage because from then on you'll it is how you make more spawn. Drive it up to the special intersection between 8am-3pm and you'll get a new dubsta almost 100% of the time. If one doesn't spawn, drive to the bottom of the hill and back up. The one that spawns is the one that you sell to LSC.

They'll keep spawning between those times with your gps tagged dubsta sitting up there. You can save a few.

Before you sell it though...
Buy the stock suspension for $200
Go to horns, and at the very bottom you can equip Sad Trombone for free now.
If you are over level 71 you can re-equip the competition suspension again.
Now sell dubsta for $34050 with stock suspension, or $35000 with competition.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Pivit posted:

Do what this video says to get your first gold or chrome dubsta. It's a good video. Informative, no lovely music or intro.

Sit in that driveway from 8am-3pm in any car, a chrome or silver will drive by eventually. Once you have that, it is your dubsta seed. Insure that seed and make room in your garage because from then on you'll it is how you make more spawn. Drive it up to the special intersection between 8am-3pm and you'll get a new dubsta almost 100% of the time. If one doesn't spawn, drive to the bottom of the hill and back up. The one that spawns is the one that you sell to LSC.

They'll keep spawning between those times with your gps tagged dubsta sitting up there. You can save a few.

Before you sell it though...
Buy the stock suspension for $200
Go to horns, and at the very bottom you can equip Sad Trombone for free now.
If you are over level 71 you can re-equip the competition suspension again.
Now sell dubsta for $34050 with stock suspension, or $35000 with competition.

Yep that video is what I was doing when it spawned. But I think it had to do more that another goon (can't recall screen name) showed up while I was waiting in their gold Dubsta. I tried a few more times after that with no luck. I wonder if the suspension / sad trombone glitch works with the Sentinels. I actually did notice that I was able to get the sad trombone for free recently on a couple of vehicles I acquired.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
So you hang out at the tip of that dong

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Maytag posted:

So you hang out at the tip of that dong

If you're on current gen, I don't think these are on og

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

geeves posted:

Yep that video is what I was doing when it spawned. But I think it had to do more that another goon (can't recall screen name) showed up while I was waiting in their gold Dubsta. I tried a few more times after that with no luck. I wonder if the suspension / sad trombone glitch works with the Sentinels. I actually did notice that I was able to get the sad trombone for free recently on a couple of vehicles I acquired.

If you can only sell a car every 48 minutes, what's the point in doing this instead of just spending 25-30 minutes cranking out jobs for likely 40-50k

I get that if you time it right then that's an extra 35k but it you miss the window you've wasted your time.

Surely playing the game is more fun. If it got you like 100k I'd totally get it.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

I'd just save a bunch of them in a garage for future sales. I dunno, sometimes I just like to chill around the city after running a bunch of missions back to back.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.

Hugh Malone posted:

If you're on current gen, I don't think these are on og

I believe you are correct.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Bobtista posted:

If you can only sell a car every 48 minutes, what's the point in doing this instead of just spending 25-30 minutes cranking out jobs for likely 40-50k

I get that if you time it right then that's an extra 35k but it you miss the window you've wasted your time.

Surely playing the game is more fun. If it got you like 100k I'd totally get it.

Because it takes like 5 minutes and gives me a return of 35k. I garage cars then sell when convenient.

This isn't a thing where I do this or grind missions, I can do this and grind missions. Every hours or so sell one. When Im loving around in free roam if the time of day is right I do a little detour and pick one up.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Bobtista posted:

It isn't either/or. You can do both - sell cars and run missions. Why wouldn't you do everything you can to make money quickly? :confused:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so for PC players, what are the cool things to do in GTA Online

custom races, taking vehicles to sell them for cash, and??

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so
We'll let you know in 20 days!

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
(PS3) So I logged in today and found that I had been stripped of all my Christmas gear. Even worse, my awesome mask helmet combo was gone as well. I tried the usual method with an ATV, and put my desired helmet on before I got on. There was no animation to put the helmet on(it just stayed on), so I couldn't get a mask on. Eventually I found something that did work:

I went into the store with no accessories on, and selected the helmet I wanted from the hat rack. So the helmet wasn't on after I left the store, but would be put on when I got on the ATV. I got on the ATV, with my interaction menu open and ready to select a mask. After starting the ATV, but before putting the helmet on, I selected the desired mask. After a few seconds, the mask and helmet appeared together. In the interaction menu I pressed square in order to 'set' the helmet,* then joined a new session from the start menu. I spawned in my apartment with the mask helmet combo.

*this step isn't necessary

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 6, 2015

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Eonwe posted:

so for PC players, what are the cool things to do in GTA Online

custom races, taking vehicles to sell them for cash, and??

Read the OP, I know it's long, but I try to keep it up to date. Which reminds me, need to add info about the Dubsta, Sentinel, etc.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
On the plus side the game glitched and I got the new world record award.

On the negative side my ~beautiful~ redhead got the glitch where their face gets the sandpaper/old lady skin. Now she's ugly and I am sad.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

On the plus side the game glitched and I got the new world record award.

On the negative side my ~beautiful~ redhead got the glitch where their face gets the sandpaper/old lady skin. Now she's ugly and I am sad.

If you start up a second player and get them to level 5, when you hit level 6 you get the option to change your appearance which can be applied to your afflicted character by following this glitch:

http://youtu.be/VeIiGZfRE2o

1. Create a new character.
2. Level to 6.
3. Exit online.
4. Enter online.
5. At confirmation to edit, disconnect.
6. Re-enter online through choose character.
7. Select character you wish to edit.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Kelly posted:

If you start up a second player and get them to level 5, when you hit level 6 you get the option to change your appearance which can be applied to your afflicted character by following this glitch:

http://youtu.be/VeIiGZfRE2o

1. Create a new character.
2. Level to 6.
3. Exit online.
4. Enter online.
5. At confirmation to edit, disconnect.
6. Re-enter online through choose character.
7. Select character you wish to edit.

Yeah I'm working on that now, just worried bc some people said it didn't work anymore. gently caress you, Bob Mulét.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Aardmania posted:

There is a glitch within the LSC menus that adds the 'Sad Trombone' horn to your cars for free, and it works on the modded Dubstas. If you take the car there, go to the Suspension settings and make sure it has the stock suspension. Then, go to the horn menu and you should see a checkmark beside the trombone horn. Select it, and it will equip it for free. You can now sell the car for an additional 10k. On the Dubsta, this made the sale price $34,000.

I can confirm this works.

1) Get Chrome Dubsta
2) Buy Stock Suspension
3) "Add" Sad Trombone Horn
4) Get $34k

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Where the gently caress did my Christmas onesie and antlers go?!?!?!?!

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Pleads posted:

Where the gently caress did my Christmas onesie and antlers go?!?!?!?!

its so lame. last year they let people wear stuff until they changed it i think.

welp, i got a new mask/helmet combo with the red stocking i got:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

Yeah I'm working on that now, just worried bc some people said it didn't work anymore. gently caress you, Bob Mulét.

I haven't done is since early December, but this has been around since last-gen. They haven't gotten ride of it and it made the transition from PS3 to PS4...good luck!

So my gingerbread mask is going to be gone? Laaaaame. I haven't played since early last week - I didn't get to enjoy it enough. :(

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Kelly posted:

So my gingerbread mask is going to be gone? Laaaaame. I haven't played since early last week - I didn't get to enjoy it enough. :(
Considering it was down for most of the free time people had during the holidays, nobody did. I'd take fun costumes and awesome snow over not having them for another 12 months for 3 days. Come on, Rockstar.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

What the hell, why wouldn't they let you keep the items?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I'm glad they took away the items.

Said no one ever.

• Locked thread