Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd vote somber. His stuff with amoeba felt like a weird trap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Quidnose posted:

Bull. You know very well that discussing meta is a distraction in games, and to act like there's nothing you can do because there's been no content - that's crap. People have posted opinions on people, talk about that. Don't act like your hands are tied, that's scummy as hell.

I'm not saying that. I made my vote picks clear, sorry if you missed that. When people are using meta in their arguments, I have to respond to that. I don't know why you're acting like I haven't been playing the game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Rereading, I stand by FV. I know she's trying a different approach or whatever, but it feels very much like faking participation. I don't feel like we ever got a good answer as to what was wrong with the KFC vote. If anything, it's KFC's vote that's opportunistic and shifty, I am really not feeling his approach at all. I don't like the way Chic voiced her opinion on WO, acknowledging that the post was scummy but not voting because I think she thought it looked bad. Still feel comfy voting Amoeba and it's goofy to say that he's probably town because he's chill.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

FV dancing around Somber and Somber defending his play makes me confident in my choices. Dugong for other scum because his callout of me is weird and I don't know who he is and he's contributed nothing else.

Game solved you're welcome

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Quidnose posted:

FV dancing around Somber and Somber defending his play makes me confident in my choices. Dugong for other scum because his callout of me is weird and I don't know who he is and he's contributed nothing else.

Game solved you're welcome

Are Somber and I only scum because of our interactions together?

What if one of us is lynched today and is town?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I haven't made an alignment call on anyone. I'm not sure yet.

So when you asked me to make a call and then didn't follow up it was because you are...

SCUM!?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Your Personal Muse posted:

So when you asked me to make a call and then didn't follow up it was because you are...

SCUM!?

No, it was because you were asking amoeba to do so when you hadn't yourself.

Hence why I echoed your "gun to the head" narrative.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i think quidnose is town and valary is scum

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Are Somber and I only scum because of our interactions together?

What if one of us is lynched today and is town?

Your interactions look fake. Your responses to my pointing this out feel forced and desperate.

I am not advocating a chain lynch in any fashion (which is what you seem to be implying here), and I was less convinced of you than Somber going into this until you vehemently refused to give any alignment calls while subsequently not wanting to...read or anything? I dunno, man, if someone was all "you haven't given any alignment calls and are refusing to do so and that's weird" as town I would say "well then let me see what I can come up with given the stuff that's happened" rather than "i mean i don't really know and don't care to know!"

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
so I've worked 48 hours the past four days, time to flex my mafia muscles

and probably do nothing to be honest but hey! flexxx

Ernie's mafia-related posts have been pretty poo poo but so have mine so, that's a thing. He makes a good point with regards to exaggeration but I never feel like my posts are "exaggerating" so much as my Posting Style. Somber's posting feels a bit ... I dunno, off? Based on my previous experiences. I'd buy Somber maybe a 3P over anything else but I don't have a good feel as for town/scum for him. He's not being as aggressive as he normally is IMO. More as I digest?

(if you guys wanted to Arms Race or Demolition you can find me on Steam as Epsilon Plus but Competitive does my nerves up wretched)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Quidnose posted:

Your interactions look fake. Your responses to my pointing this out feel forced and desperate.

This gets a big old :rolleyes: from me though fyi

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I wish to murder FV ##vote fiery

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
##vote valary

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

:siren: Tremendous Taste replaces Kumbamontu! :siren:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Quidnose posted:

I am not advocating a chain lynch in any fashion (which is what you seem to be implying here), and I was less convinced of you than Somber going into this until you vehemently refused to give any alignment calls while subsequently not wanting to...read or anything? I dunno, man, if someone was all "you haven't given any alignment calls and are refusing to do so and that's weird" as town I would say "well then let me see what I can come up with given the stuff that's happened" rather than "i mean i don't really know and don't care to know!"

I'm not implying you're setting up a chain lynch. I'm wondering how your opinion would be affected if you knew one of us was town. If I flipped town, do you have independent reasons for thinking Somber was scum, or is your opinion based totally on our posts together? And vice versa for if Somber flipped town.

quote:

i mean i don't really know and don't care to know!"

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said this. Why do I have to give an opinion now? What if I'm just not sure? Should I make something up just to avoid being called scum?

Faking an opinion when I don't have one just to satisfy this notion that I'm actually town is forcing me to do the thing we look for in actual scum players.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Epsilon Plus (3): Asiina, Dugong, Ernie.
fiery_valkyrie (3): Somberbrero, Your Personal Muse, uranus
Winged Orpheus (1): Ernie., KhyrosFinalCut, Ernie.
Somberbrero (1): Quidnose
Opopanax (1): Chic Trombone, Rarity, Rarity
KhyrosFinalCut (1): Rarity
Chic Trombone (0): Somberbrero, Your Personal Muse, Somberbrero, Your Personal Muse
Dr. Hurt (0): KhyrosFinalCut, KhyrosFinalCut
uranus (0): Winged Orpheus, Winged Orpheus

Not Voting (14): Allen Wren, Amoeba102, Dr. Hurt, Epsilon Plus, EXAKT Science, fiery_valkyrie, HiipFire, Little Mac, merk, Murmur Twin, Opopanax, Pinterest Mom, Tremendous Taste, Winged Orpheus

With 24 alive, it's 13 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 06th, 2015 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 19 hours, 40 minutes.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

alright i've literally never played counterstrike but i've played tf2 sniper so w/e

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

on controller chat one of my friends plays asscreed and mirror's edge with k+m like what

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

on controller chat one of my friends plays asscreed and mirror's edge with k+m like what

What the gently caress.

Asscreed is one of those games that is basically completely necessary to use a controller.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

ok i've caught up wow that was a terrible chess game to watch and not much has taken place cool

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
To be clear, I'm voting FV because she tried to force me to produce content with absolutely no follow up. It's not like I gave a home run answer or anything, she went through the motions, which seems like scum faking content.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

To be clear, I'm voting FV because she tried to force me to produce content with absolutely no follow up. It's not like I gave a home run answer or anything, she went through the motions, which seems like scum faking content.

You pushed amoeba here with absolutely no follow up. How is this different?

Amoeba I'm going to need more than that. Pretend you are a terrorist and I'm a counter terrorist and I have a gun up to your head and you know from your terrorist friends that I'm edgy and I'd do it and pretend I said "who are the scum" and you knew if you didn't say someone I would murder you.

Pretending that, who are the scum?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
valery you have a cool scum role dont you and are trying hard not to lose your cool cause man it would be so sucky to be lynched day 1 with a role like that oh god

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

uranus posted:

valery you have a cool scum role dont you and are trying hard not to lose your cool cause man it would be so sucky to be lynched day 1 with a role like that oh god

You would not believe how cool my role is. It will literally blow your mind.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hi everyone

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Playing CS: Go on a surface pro 3 in a hotel is hard.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I've read nothing. Give me someone to kill.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kill that pokemon Dugong thing he's weird

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##shoot Opo seems fitting

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

oh my

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

"valery" is a really stupid nic- oh you already murdered someone.

in cold blood.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Well, that showed him....

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Was his chess play that bad?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

remind me not to play chess with merk

I'd like to play someone rn though

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

While chat is hot and heavy, Merk quietly puts his knife away and pulls out the Negev he won from that 1v1 clutch earlier. His expression darkens noticeably as his eyes fixate upon his defeated foe, Opopanax. "The bushydo code", he types into allchat suddenly. "What?" "The gently caress?" "It's Bushido LOL". Merk tunes it all out. This is his moment. This is the meaning of the gun. "BUSHYDO!!!" he shouts, beginning to spray out his 150 bullet clip at Opop. "Uh, it might help if you aim that thing, clown," Opop taunts as Merk misses his entire first clip. Enraged, Merk jumps into the air and begins spraying it 360 noscope style. "I can't believe I lo--" Opop begins to say as his head is ripped clean from his shoulders. "Namaste," chortles Merk as he drops his Negev and walks back to his quiet corner. "Well, that's a thing that happened" says one pubbie, as the negotiations reignite.

Opopanax, CS-Aligned Pubbie has been lucksprayed to death!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the flavor :laugh:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
merk is confirmed town

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why in the world did you vig a complete unknown rather than one of the multitude of people we've been talking about and engaging with merk!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Merk i don't think murdering your chess opponent is very sportsmanlike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Especially since you won! At least murder him in a loser's rage man

• Locked thread