Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Gonna be gone for the next hour or thereabouts, I'll be back before the deadline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Chic Trombone posted:

To be fair I had forgotten that merk had cased Ernie the day before, I only modded that game and didn't actually play in it, but the two vigs still feel very similar on a tonal level.

This is something I agree with. The vigs are similar on a tonal level. i.e. Merk does something in a rogue fashion that ultimately progresses the scum goals. Whether or not merk exactly followed his patterns from last game is not relevant, because we can't draw an absolute conclusion about what merk would do based on a vig that he gets once every umpteen games.

Personally, I don't think merk is scum anymore. I expect scum merk to put up a better fight/argument than he is right now, with at least some lashing out or some claim to the townie leader position to direct the conversation elsewhere.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

what? no there's absolutely no one i wouldn't vote for today. we'll be lucky to lynch as it is.

I just asked because beyond agreeing with my case you haven't made a single comment about people giving you good vibes or town reads. I know they're not that helpful but they're still worth mentioning. Instead you've spent the whole time being antagonistic and pushing suspicion all over the place and it seems to me like you're just hoping to find somewhere where it will stick.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I suddenly wish Capps was in this game :smith:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

that's okay because I can pretend to be capps

##vote tremendous taste

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Pinterest Mom posted:

yes. in both cases, you faked not knowing you were going to use you vig, and on who, and then immediately used it. are you really unable to see the similarity at that very micro level?

In the first game it was pretty clear I was going to kill Ernie.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Ernie. posted:

and now kfc is freaking me out with how 'undecided' he seems. nothing winged orpheus did/said could have made them look 'better' in kfc's eyes, but apparently epsilon plus looked worse for half a second??

Ernie -- why do you say "Nothing WO could have done would make him look better?" Clarify that statement, please.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
allen are you sure you arent mad

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rarity posted:

I just asked because beyond agreeing with my case you haven't made a single comment about people giving you good vibes or town reads. I know they're not that helpful but they're still worth mentioning. Instead you've spent the whole time being antagonistic and pushing suspicion all over the place and it seems to me like you're just hoping to find somewhere where it will stick.

i feel like that's untrue as i've gone to bat for EP and WO multiple times. i'm not sure if town reads are actually important all though. i think what you're accusing me of is called "scumhunting."

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
anyway valary is bad, i promise on my honor as a poo poo poster

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Ernie -- why do you say "Nothing WO could have done would make him look better?" Clarify that statement, please.

Not what I said. I didn't say nothing he could have done could have made him better; I said nothing he did did. Between you originally suspecting him and you switching your vote to Epsilon, and then back to WO there was no logical reason for you 'dropping' your original suspicion.

Given how guarded you were with your vote originally, it surprised me that you went 'welp, yeah, epsilon is a better target'.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Uranus is one of the more engaged and active posters itt.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If Uranus were a counterstrike gun he would be one of the good guns, like a deagle.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Somberbrero posted:

i feel like that's untrue as i've gone to bat for EP and WO multiple times.

Ok yeah, I did miss you saying you really wouldn't want to vote for them on my reread so I'll concede that point.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Somberbrero posted:

Uranus is one of the more engaged and active posters itt.

This is the worst read in this thread, and there are some really bad reads.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This is the worst read in this thread, and there are some really bad reads.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Ernie. posted:

Not what I said. I didn't say nothing he could have done could have made him better; I said nothing he did did. Between you originally suspecting him and you switching your vote to Epsilon, and then back to WO there was no logical reason for you 'dropping' your original suspicion.

Given how guarded you were with your vote originally, it surprised me that you went 'welp, yeah, epsilon is a better target'.

Re: being guarded, we were a lot further from deadline earlier, and also epsilon's post was just SO hedged.
He acknowledged 2 people did scummy things and talked himself out of voting both and didn't choose OR venture a real comment on either of them. He says that merk's lovely play was meant to say scummy but then there's still no vote there. It's positively vacuous.

Then WO piled on merk for the vig -- like townies never have a bad vig? WO's whole post felt like a kneejerk bandwagon that required zero thought. Of COURSE a dead townie is "detrimental" for the town. The present tense thing is mostly gravy.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Didn't realise it was so close to deadline and I need to sleep within the hour. I want to vote YPM. Someone else posted that didn't see them as worthwhile enough to lynch but their most recent post is still just jokingly forcing the fv case. Saying that I don't want to be the one vote on someone else that stops a lynch going through. I'm going to put it on YPM for now and will change if needed before I leave.

##vote YPM

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
hey, the serious hat is right, im a good guy with good posts and im finding the bad guys

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Rarity posted:

derp always does this, it's always really loving annoying

Hm. noted.

and, balls, we're really in a pickle if we're going to lynch anybody.

okay, so our top votegetters right now are merk, somber and fv.

Merk, I dunno. I've never played against the guy, and it feels like a lot of the arguments about him are meta-based. I'm willing to buy the argument that he just waxed opop to end the chess game. I am the worst chess player I've ever met and even I could see how done that poo poo was. Don't scum dayvigs usually flip immediately, though? That's what I want to know. Maybe when the loved condition was announced, that's when merk got the one-shot, if it was gotten from that win. I don't have enough to grip on there.

I can't say somber's play doesn't feel like him, to me it looks exactly the same as previous. But him somehow forgetting how explosively bad of a player I am after seeing me in like two or three games last month and calling out my bog-standard lovely play as freaking out is hinky as gently caress.

I keep going back and forth on fv. I need to give her a real reread, but, like, when you look at the last time I posted seriously, we're stuck arguing about the analysis of analysis of analysis of garbage posts, so it's difficult. At least with the somber thing I just mentioned it's straight up disingenuous analysis of a bad post.

gimme a minute or twenty to reread fv but for now I'm pretty confident about changing over to

##vote Somberbrero

in the meantime.

also this map sucks can we get a vote going to change it?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

You can probably get the map changed tomorrow.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Allen Wren posted:

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

Maybe have some breakfast dude.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i like somber the best out of the potential kills, though i'd do any of the three
##vote somber

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Ernie. posted:

Personally, I don't think merk is scum anymore. I expect scum merk to put up a better fight/argument than he is right now, with at least some lashing out or some claim to the townie leader position to direct the conversation elsewhere.

Do you not consider his angry reactionary case on me to be lashing out?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Oh my God if you weren't such a swell dude I would loathe you so much

I think Quid is scum because he made kind of a lovely case on two people and then dissolved into nothingness. If he really believed (because he was town) he'd be pushing it more. As it stands now it looks like he's dropping it to avoid backlash later.

This is crap because there was almost no content at the time I did my reread beyond the things I touched upon. Somber and FV doing stupid poo poo with each other was a big part of what I was rereading.

I am rereading again and am on page 15.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Just a reminder that my vote on merk is not based on meta at all. I'm doing my best to not be swayed by meta arguments simply because I don't have the experience/background necessary to objectively evaluate them. I'm voting merk because the way he used that vig is objectively scummy. It provided the town with absolutely no relevant information, other than that Opop (who had no interactions with anyone else) is town. It prevents us from gaining insight on the alignment of any other people, and served solely to reduce town population. Using the vig like that hurts town and helps scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ernie. posted:

full context: i want everyone to reach deep within their hearts and consider if ~champion~ merk would use a vig the way he did if he's town. i mean he'd hold on to it to try and 'save' the game, is my impression of how strong merk knows his play is.

instead he wasted it on a joke.

I like this read.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

merk posted:

I was required to use it today.

This is convenient.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Asiina posted:

This is absolutely not Somber's town game.

##vote Somber

Still agreeing with this, everything from Somber feels super faked.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I'll go with somber of the theoretically viable candidates. ##vote somber

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm VT and I can't say I have played well today. Good luck, I think my reads are mostly right.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Merk pushing so hard about how wrong Chic is about the connection to the old game is feeling scummy to me. It's not so much that he's pushing his case on Chic, but that he's pushing that everyone must see how Chic is WRONG, and getting caught up in the details of that rather than the scumminess of her action. That's weird.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Actually reading Somber after that super bad post that has been mentioned a lot he's feeling a lot more genuine. :\ Why were you being so weird initially, Somber?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

uranus posted:

allen are you sure you arent mad

ahahahahaha

never change, derp :allears:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Dugong posted:

Didn't realise it was so close to deadline and I need to sleep within the hour. I want to vote YPM. Someone else posted that didn't see them as worthwhile enough to lynch but their most recent post is still just jokingly forcing the fv case. Saying that I don't want to be the one vote on someone else that stops a lynch going through. I'm going to put it on YPM for now and will change if needed before I leave.

##vote YPM

seriously is this Dugong new, who are you, why are you playing so poorly

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Allen Wren posted:

Hm. noted.

and, balls, we're really in a pickle if we're going to lynch anybody.

okay, so our top votegetters right now are merk, somber and fv.

Merk, I dunno. I've never played against the guy, and it feels like a lot of the arguments about him are meta-based. I'm willing to buy the argument that he just waxed opop to end the chess game. I am the worst chess player I've ever met and even I could see how done that poo poo was. Don't scum dayvigs usually flip immediately, though? That's what I want to know. Maybe when the loved condition was announced, that's when merk got the one-shot, if it was gotten from that win. I don't have enough to grip on there.

I can't say somber's play doesn't feel like him, to me it looks exactly the same as previous. But him somehow forgetting how explosively bad of a player I am after seeing me in like two or three games last month and calling out my bog-standard lovely play as freaking out is hinky as gently caress.

I keep going back and forth on fv. I need to give her a real reread, but, like, when you look at the last time I posted seriously, we're stuck arguing about the analysis of analysis of analysis of garbage posts, so it's difficult. At least with the somber thing I just mentioned it's straight up disingenuous analysis of a bad post.

gimme a minute or twenty to reread fv but for now I'm pretty confident about changing over to

##vote Somberbrero

in the meantime.

also this map sucks can we get a vote going to change it?

This is a post that doesn't say very much other than "maybe these people are bad or maybe not i don't know" with a vote attached to it.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Winged Orpheus posted:

Just a reminder that my vote on merk is not based on meta at all. I'm doing my best to not be swayed by meta arguments simply because I don't have the experience/background necessary to objectively evaluate them. I'm voting merk because the way he used that vig is objectively scummy. It provided the town with absolutely no relevant information, other than that Opop (who had no interactions with anyone else) is town. It prevents us from gaining insight on the alignment of any other people, and served solely to reduce town population. Using the vig like that hurts town and helps scum.

So you think Merk acted scummy, or what he did was scummy regardless of his intent? I am unsure which you are saying based on this post.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##unvote I dunno if I'm feeling Somber now. :\

I'm here and don't want to lesson plan, who wants to talk about things with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm working, but can chat a bit. What do you think of EP?

• Locked thread