Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

incoherent posted:

:siren: Final bump to prepare your account :siren:

https://coachella-weekend1.frontgatetickets.com

https://coachella-weekend2.frontgatetickets.com

Create or login now and update your information

COACHELLA 2015: $375 SPICY PIE EXPERIENCE

2014 Thread

Friday 10th/17th 2015
AC/DC | Tame Impala | Interpol | Steely Dan | Alesso | Alabama Shakes | Ride | Nero | Azalea Banks | Flying Lotus | Raekwon and Ghostface Killah | Lykke Li | DJ Snake | Proter Robinson | Caribou | Todd Terje and the Olsens | Angus and Julia Stone Hot Natured George Ezra Squarepusher Kiesza Action Bronson Gorgon City | Reverend Horton Heat | Sylvan Esso | Kimbra | Vic Mensa | Erol Alkan | Kele | Cloud Nothings | Keys N Krates| MK | Pete Tong | Ab-Soul | Haerts | Engulls | Allah-Las | Alvin Risk | Chris Malinchak | Jon Hopkins | Oliver Heldens | Ryan Hemsworth | Jason Bentley | Brant Bjork and the Low Desert Punk Band | Marques Wyatt | The Ghost & Saber Tooth Tiger | Los Rakas

Saturday April 11th/18th 2015
Jack White | The Weeknd Axwell /\ Ingrosso | alt-J | Belle and Sebastian | Ratatat | Hozier | Flosstradamus | Bad Religion | SBTRKT | FKA Twigs | Tyler the Creator | Father John Misty | The War on Drugs | Deorro | Run the Jewels | Tycho| Chet Faker | Kasabian | Drive Like Jehu | Swans | Milky Chance | Toro y Moi | Jungle | New World Punx | Clean Bandit | Glass Animals | Royal Blood | Alison Wonderland| The Gaslamp Killer Experince | Loco Dice| Danny Tenaglia | Antemasque | Parquet Courts | Gramatik | Lights | What So Not | Yellow Claw | DJ Harvey | Tale Of Us | Yelle | Andrew Mcmahon| Carl Craig | Phox | St. Paul and the Broken Bones | Cashmere Cat | Nortec Collective Presents: Bostich | Fussible | Tourist | Benjamin Booker | Matthew Koma | Perfume Genius | Jamestown Revival | Bad Suns | Run Brothers | Bixel Boys | Andrea Olivia | Ryn Weaver Radkey | Coasts| Until the Ribbon Breaks

Sunday April 12th /19th 2015
Drake | Florence &the Machine | Kaskade | Ryan Adams | David Guetta | St. Vincent | Marina and the Diamonds | Fitz & the Tantrums | Brand New | Madeon | Stromae | Kygo | Odesza | Gasaffelstein | RAC | Circa Survive | Jenny Lewis | Desaparecidos | Jamie xx | Martin Solveig | Duke Dumont | Lil B the Based God | Mac Demarco | Vance Joy | Built to Spill | J.E.S.&S. (Jack Master, Eat Everything, Skream, & Seth Troxler) | Panda Bear | Kaytranada | R3hab St. Lucia | Dirty South | OFF! | Charles Bradley Philip Selway | Cedric Gervais | Claude Von Stroke | Touché Amoré Joyce Manor | Angel Olsen John Talabot| Tiger and Woods | Dubfire | Sturgill Simpson | Annie Mac | Chicano Batman | M0 | Sloan | Doc Martin | Saint Motel | The Orwells | The Cribs | tINI | Ben Klock | Night Terrors of 1927

quote:

The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival (commonly referred to as Coachella or the Coachella Fest) is an annual two-weekend, three-day music and arts festival held at the Empire Polo Club in Indio, California, located in the Inland Empire's Coachella Valley in the Colorado Desert.

General on sale: :siren: Tomorrow :siren:

However...

Tickets available: GA+Shuttle only, VIP tickets.

Camping options:

Car camping: Yes
Tent camping: No
Car Companion: Yes

incoherent posted:

:siren: Final bump to prepare your account :siren:

https://coachella-weekend1.frontgatetickets.com

https://coachella-weekend2.frontgatetickets.com

Create or login now and update your information

incoherent fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
What an odd lineup. I like it, there's a lot of gems in the undercard, but some odd choices for sure.

Everything largely made up for by Run the Jewels being on there.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Haha gently caress most of those headliners. ...But Squarepusher is on the lineup and I've yet to see him ever.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Internets consensus seems to be "meh" on the headliners but pretty stoked on the rest of the lineup. Might make getting tickets easier?

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
AC/DC is a kickass headliner, what the hell

supersteve
Jan 16, 2007

Atari Bigby - UNIVERSITY OF JAH RASTAFARI
What is the process like if I were to purchase my coworkers pre-sale tickets? We've already agreed on a price and everything I'm just wondering if I will have to call somewhere to get the tickets "transferred" to my name or if I'm going to be good to go with his physical wrist bands and car camping pass.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TailsButtholeGuy posted:

Are you loving serious. ACDC is loving poo poo

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

supersteve posted:

What is the process like if I were to purchase my coworkers pre-sale tickets? We've already agreed on a price and everything I'm just wondering if I will have to call somewhere to get the tickets "transferred" to my name or if I'm going to be good to go with his physical wrist bands and car camping pass.
I mean you could do that stuff through Frontgate, but you'll be fine just taking his wristband and camping pass.

also WOW, me no likey. Sasquatch roadtrip perhaps this year..

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I know I'm old when I can only recognize like 10 names on that whole lineup

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I think this is the first year I didn't care about the memes (bowie, DP, etc) and really wanted D'Angelo to show up. That didn't happen. Kind of deflated on this though...and my expectations weren't that high.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's that time of year again for white girls to have their event where they get to be racist.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Sold out of what little tickets were available (due to that amazing exploit that exhausted all the tickets at presale).

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Anyone have experience buying camping passes second-hand? Is it a pain in the rear end or are they often swapped around in the weeks before the festival?

They're supposedly linked to the wristband they were bought with, so I'll presumably have to find a seller who's willing to swap wristbands with me as well. No one in our group was able to get through to get them today, though we all have wristbands already from the pre-sale.

supersteve
Jan 16, 2007

My buddy is trying to do the same thing so good luck.

Any idea how many people you could comfortably fit on a car camping spot?

Occurrence at Owl Crik
Jan 13, 2005
When I went in 2012, which I think was the first year that camping passes and wristbands were linked, I bought one off Craigslist and got in just fine. No wristband swaps or anything. I can't guarantee that they haven't started checking though.

As for how many can fit in a camping spot, I usually have four, which is comfortable. You may be able to get up to six, but I wouldn't try to cram much more than that if you value personal space at all.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Is this the only music festival thread so far this year? Because Bonnaroo announces their line up next week. Over at Inforoo, a poster who has leaked the headliners the last 3-4 years accurately just said the top four are Billy Joel, Mumford and Sons, Kendrick Lamar, and Deadmau5. And I'm sincerely hoping this is the first year I'm hoping she's wrong.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

TailsButtholeGuy posted:

Yeah, but its only like half of the band. A guitarist & the drummer aren't touring for reasons idr.

Also, pretty big let down on this lineup. Drake? Really?

Since I'm coming from the east coast, I'm looking at spending around $900 total for basically Jack White & Ratatat. I think I'm going to try and sell my ticket or trade it for: http://lineup.governorsballmusicfestival.com/

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Noslo posted:

Yeah, but its only like half of the band. A guitarist & the drummer aren't touring for reasons idr.

Also, pretty big let down on this lineup. Drake? Really?

Since I'm coming from the east coast, I'm looking at spending around $900 total for basically Jack White & Ratatat. I think I'm going to try and sell my ticket or trade it for: http://lineup.governorsballmusicfestival.com/
lol

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

To each their own, I mean AC/DC is still a huge act so I'm sure the fill ins will be just fine and they'll rock out regardless.

But yeah, I'm still kinda bummed because this is my first time going to cali for whats supposed to be the biggest & best music festival in the world and the lineup isn't as good as years past when I haven't been.

Still don't like Drake though. And I've tried. And I'm open to song suggestions, maybe something will happen. But poo poo I can easily name 10 other rap/hiphop acts better headliners than him. I think most of it is just that he doesn't tour anymore so his value is higher.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Noslo, you should still come out and enjoy everything else and don't get hung up on drake.

But yeah, loving drake.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

I'm sure I will, just havin' a rant is all. Besides, I'm going with a group of 10 or so good friends so there's no way it'll be a bad time

This might be my first time staying in a hotel though for a music festival since we can't take the tents on the plane. Are they decently close? Because I also have an option to camp with one of my friends that's renting a car.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Are you car camping?

If so, rent a jucy

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Nah, one of my buddy's has family in cali so he's renting a car and borrowing his brother's tent. So we've got 5 people camping & 5 in a hotel. I haven't decided yet since they're both about the same in price after the split so I'm weighing in which one is closer or at least making sure the hotels aren't stupidly far away

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Drake is probably going to be a lot better than acdc.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I'm not crazy about the headliners, though I do like Drake. However there's a bunch of bands I've been trying to see for years so I'm more than happy to go for that.

supersteve
Jan 16, 2007

How thorough are the car camping searches?

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

I have a friend who grabbed an extra pass for me during the presale since I did the same for him for Movement this year. My only Coachella experience was last year and I had a blast, except I'm torn because of the cost and the lineup. Looking back, I spent a poo poo ton at Coachella compared to my usual festivals like SXSW/FFF/Movement, which all cost way less. As far as the lineup, majority of the undercard is what I'm interested in because of electronic acts that don't even pass through Texas. I guess we'll see depending on some of the lineup announcements for the more electronic music focused festivals that I'm planning to do.

supersteve posted:

Very much depends on the person searching your car. Last year, they didn't look through our coolers which was fortunate for various reasons, but especially because I didn't realize one of them had alcohol in glass. The main consensus is to just keep what you don't want found physically on you (crotch/bra etc).

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

supersteve posted:

I'm sure it's pretty low. Don't have it clearly visible.

I think you're okay'd to bring in 1 case of beer but not liquor. Also, I assume the searches are only first day? So far our plan has been to keep all the booze at the hotel room during car check in and then later roll over with the goods.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Noslo posted:

I'm sure it's pretty low. Don't have it clearly visible.

I think you're okay'd to bring in 1 case of beer but not liquor. Also, I assume the searches are only first day? So far our plan has been to keep all the booze at the hotel room during car check in and then later roll over with the goods.

I did see one car where the first place they looked was under the hood, so like I said, it's a huge dice roll on how thorough they'll go. Glass (hard liquor), weapons, and metal stakes are mainly what they're looking for.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

Fair enough.

I've always been a fan of the clear liquor + food coloring in a large Listerine bottle. This becomes suspicious if you have like 4 bottles of Listerine though, so I'd suggest just having 1 of high proof stuff and pack it with other toiletries.

Westmountdke
Mar 17, 2005
A flat of modified gatorade works too.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I've been pretty lucky, my trunk has always been so packed they've just kinda been like "you don't have anything right?" "Nope" "Alright".

also a protip about weed: just have it on your body when you step out of the car for them to search. The one year they smelled weed in a backpack and made them throw my friends' away could've been avoided by this.

Paperback Writer fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 11, 2015

joeshmoetogo
Mar 20, 2006

Looking for a group of ~3-7 for car camping. Not too jazzed about our options this year. Mainly just want to avoid the over-the-top drunks/druggies.

We are 3, 25-28. One car camping pass, maybe 2 but doubtful so our plot is full. I get in line early.

air- posted:

Very much depends on the person searching your car. [...] The main consensus is to just keep what you don't want found physically on you (crotch/bra etc).

Last year they pretty thoroughly checked most individuals in the car camping line. I got a ball tap and and my chick's underwire was felt. Don't half-rear end this option. Saw one girl freak-out when they wanted to feel her up. There is no plausible deniability if they feel a lump on your inner-thigh.

If a gate-worker finds a box of Goldfish you stashed some poo poo in they will simply say, "this looks tampered with." Let them have it... who knows who it belongs to, you are carrying poo poo for all your friends.

Don't be retarded, this is a very easy game to play as searchers are only looking for low-hanging fruit when there is time. Moisture barrier bags are cheap.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Noslo posted:

Still don't like Drake though. And I've tried. And I'm open to song suggestions, maybe something will happen.

He's garbage. Don't see him. There will be four or five (plus the DoLab) other stages going when he plays and they will all have better music

Size of the font on the lineup is all politics of music. Has nothing to do with talent.

Also, putang and I have made the decision to go this year.

mitztronic fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 20, 2015

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

For those of you would would like a preview of some of the acts for 2015 KCRW has a playlist of bands that have been on their influential show, Morning Becomes Eclectic.

http://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLI0O645afJYaGPYbIHQPYJ9uFav-cjffE

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Update: Goldenvoice (the promoter for coachella) have announced shows in between the festivals.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

mitztronic posted:

He's garbage. Don't see him. There will be four or five (plus the DoLab) other stages going when he plays and they will all have better music

Size of the font on the lineup is all politics of music. Has nothing to do with talent.

Also, putang and I have made the decision to go this year.

Engin3
Mar 5, 2012
Ugh. Tickets are sold out. Does anybody have any successful experience getting these things secondhand? Stubhub or what?

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Engin3 posted:

Ugh. Tickets are sold out. Does anybody have any successful experience getting these things secondhand? Stubhub or what?

For the last three years(but not 2015), I had to buy 'em secondhand, and never had a problem finding them once the actual ticket-boxes were mailed out. This year I lucked out and grabbed 'em at the presale.

I usually paid about 10% over face value but they get cheaper as the date approaches, so it's kind of a battle of nerves. Craigslist was full of them and I just met the seller at a public place. Stubhub was pricier so I avoided it, but I'm in the Bay Area, so I had plenty to choose from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

JnnyThndrs posted:

For the last three years(but not 2015), I had to buy 'em secondhand, and never had a problem finding them once the actual ticket-boxes were mailed out. This year I lucked out and grabbed 'em at the presale.

I usually paid about 10% over face value but they get cheaper as the date approaches, so it's kind of a battle of nerves. Craigslist was full of them and I just met the seller at a public place. Stubhub was pricier so I avoided it, but I'm in the Bay Area, so I had plenty to choose from.
Yeah same. Bay Area and all. There will be a lot of people selling them in the LA area too if you're traveling. Once the wristbands get sent out it shouldn't be hard to find a seller.

• Locked thread