Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
I have far too much shame and self-awareness to wear video game themed clothing in public.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

androo posted:

I don't think anyone would be able to recognize that while passing on a bike. Might have been the fedora.

It was probably the Doritos and Mountain Dew he had in his beard which was freshly pomaded thanks to the goon Shaving like a Xir: Shaving Megathread Part VII!, and able to be used as a satchel.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Takoluka posted:

Riveting commentary on Zelda II.

Seriously. The run is fine and all but good lord is it lifeless as gently caress compared to Witwix playing Boshy.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Lloyd Van Buren posted:

I might have missed it on the commentary but why is up+a banned?

It's an automatic game over, or something, and it just warps you back to the start of the game. It cuts out a lot of overworld traversal and I think the running community doesn't like that. Technically the category also doesn't allow dying of any sort, but it's a marathon so whatever.

Save-and-quits are disallowed in A Link to the Past for similar reasons, but they aren't in Ocarina of Time. It just varies from game to game.

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
Catching up with games I've heard of

Whizz was, amazingly, chosen to be part of the bundle for the relaunched Amigas after Commodore went bust

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pretty sure save the animals is going to win out, I think Notch put all 30,000 into it. Thats a pretty big head start.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Your Computer posted:

When did that happen, and does anyone have a link to it? :stare:

http://tehurn.com/ysg

Apparently he is known as yellow shirt guy.

E:

Also blueglass.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jan 7, 2015

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

RyokoTK posted:

It's an automatic game over, or something, and it just warps you back to the start of the game. It cuts out a lot of overworld traversal and I think the running community doesn't like that. Technically the category also doesn't allow dying of any sort, but it's a marathon so whatever.

Save-and-quits are disallowed in A Link to the Past for similar reasons, but they aren't in Ocarina of Time. It just varies from game to game.

Oh i see, so shows more of the game off. Nice one.

e: Lol just as i reply to this Feasy explains it too

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
So much of this run is spent wandering through dark places. I don't know how this runner has it in him to remember how to deal with each one of those. Very impressive.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

It was probably the Doritos and Mountain Dew he had in his beard which was freshly pomaded thanks to the goon Shaving like a Xir: Shaving Megathread Part VII!, and able to be used as a satchel.

loving reddit mras

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Pretty sure save the animals is going to win out, I think Notch put all 30,000 into it. Thats a pretty big head start.

Notch is a fuckhead.

Guess everyone knew that but eh.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Notch is a fuckhead.

Total fuckhead for saving the animals and donating $30,000

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Spent $30,000 to see an easter egg in a video game, called a fuckhead by a goon. I guess he's probably called worse for weirder though.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Notch is a fuckhead.

How awful that it'll encourage people to meet that and try even harder to kill the animals :jerkbag:

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

KKKLIP ART posted:

nah just 10k

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

$300,000!

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Zurreco posted:

It looks like every logo for every TV show from the early 90s, though none of the ones I just looked up match it. It's kind of driving me crazy with how familiar it is.

It's not a direct reference to anything. Just supposed to look super 90's (I followed the artist's progress for this design).

Regarding the shirts, I'm also tired of black T-shirts. I try to avoid it, but so many of my designs just happened to look best against black, or parodied existing designs with black backgrounds (Metroidvania/Metallica, the SaveKill/God Save The Queen). For SGDQ I want to do something brighter.

I actually did two mockups for Save or Kill, since there's two styles of God Save The Queen shirts:

The Yetee liked the one on the right better. I like white shirts myself, but they like to stay away from them because they sell so poorly.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 7, 2015

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Natalya Fartz posted:

Doesn't make it a good game. A guy who can commentate while playing and the always fun death total donation incentives makes it a lot more fun to watch than play.

Thought he was saying the run was bad. Not just that the game was bad. Yes, the game is designed to be bad, and that's what made the run so entertaining.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Is flying through locked doors as a fairy a glitch or an intended feature?

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug
lol, I loved the gasp when the runner missed killing the boss straight away.

130k people watching a man play zelda II and hanging on his every move.

These are truly strange and wonderful times we live in. :allears:

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Save the animals kill all goons

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
What is the total funds raised including Humble/Yetee/whatever input? I know the Humble Bundle had raised over $100,000 earlier.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Voted Worst Mom posted:

Save the animals kill all goons

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

zari-gani posted:

It's not a direct reference to anything. Just supposed to look super 90's (I followed the artist's progress for this design).

Regarding the shirts, I'm also tired of black T-shirts. I try to avoid it, but so many of my designs just happened to look best against black, or parodied existing designs with black backgrounds (Metroidvania/Metallica, the SaveKill/God Save The Queen). For SGDQ I want to do something brighter.

I actually did two mockups for Save or Kill, since there's two styles of God Save The Queen shirts:

The Yetee liked the one on the right better. I like white shirts myself, but they like to stay away from them because they sell so poorly.

Would definatly have got one of those white ones too, shame they didnt offer a choice.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

RyokoTK posted:

What is the total funds raised including Humble/Yetee/whatever input? I know the Humble Bundle had raised over $100,000 earlier.

If it's anything like previous years, Yetee just donates their take at regular intervals throughout the marathon. But the Humble Bundle has seemingly raised $333,000 so far as of right now which is pretty incredible.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Al Borland posted:

http://tehurn.com/ysg

Apparently he is known as yellow shirt guy.

E:

Also blueglass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo1r2_CjPhE

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Cerebulon posted:

If it's anything like previous years, Yetee just donates their take at regular intervals throughout the marathon. But the Humble Bundle has seemingly raised $333,000 so far as of right now which is pretty incredible.

I am 99% sure that $333k is the total amount spent, which is divided between the developers, PCF, and Humble in whatever way the buyer sees fit. So I'm sure their contribution is at least $150k but I don't know for sure.

Hey, under one hour for Zelda 2, that's a pretty solid run even with the death.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

.TakaM posted:

Is flying through locked doors as a fairy a glitch or an intended feature?

Using the fairy to fly through the keyholes is part of the game. Flying through the top of the door, OTOH, is a glitch.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

this is riveting.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

This isn't quite as good as the Mario 64 guy loving up the WAHOO backwards jump through the door for 20 minutes but it's pretty good so far

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
This commentary is so forced right now. Whoever that is on the right needs to leave the entire room at this point.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

So, I guess it's time to catch up on good runs from last night.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Only took him 4 minutes, shameful. Mario 64 guy still king

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I wonder if these super-tricky glitch exhibitions should be recorded beforehand and then shown with live commentary instead.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

"I have a five frame window to jump there."
"I think he has a seven frame window to jump there?"
"Five"

:geno:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Zurreco posted:

This commentary is so forced right now. Whoever that is on the right needs to leave the entire room at this point.

Actually he is the only thing making this watchable and that's just barely.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Presjpolk is a weirdo nutcase but his commentary's been fine.

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011

RyokoTK posted:

I wonder if these super-tricky glitch exhibitions should be recorded beforehand and then shown with live commentary instead.

At that point it would be better to just show a TAS.

Leeham721
Jan 4, 2015
Choking harder than David Carradine

Topical reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
This is one of those you aren't going to enjoy every run situations, because I think the Zelda 2 stuff has been fantastic.

• Locked thread