Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

EightFlyingCars posted:

There's actually a good reason for this, it's necessary to double up on dodge buttons to be able to do angel evades and demon dodges without having to try to hit R1 and R2 at the same time or whatever.

That's how I've been doing it since I've been playing.

The dodge button on the left might as well not exist, but then I haven't even tried to use an Angel Evade yet.

Fake Edit: I just tried it in the shop and what the hell is the point of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Chucat posted:

How's the last quarter of this game?

Padding, and more poo poo bosses.

Chucat posted:

Fake Edit: I just tried it in the shop and what the hell is the point of this.

There is no point. There's not even specific situations to use it in, when a demon dodge wouldn't be preferable.
---

I finally figured out what's been bugging me about the final boss's moveset - he never actually uses a basic combo. And he's actually got less overall moves the his equivalent, despite gaining more unique moves. I know it's quality over quantity, but it is a DmC boss - there is no quality.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I keep fingers on all of the shoulder buttons and triggers, so one dodge button wouldn't be a problem.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012

EightFlyingCars posted:

There's actually a good reason for this, it's necessary to double up on dodge buttons to be able to do angel evades and demon dodges without having to try to hit R1 and R2 at the same time or whatever.

This is one of those things I didn't understand until I discovered recently that most people use one finger to operate both r1 and r2. I just use one finger on each :o

Also this is something I was kind of expecting based on some stuff I had heard from ninja theory bros, but I'm surprised by how comprehensive the walkback is. I'd definitely give it another go on PC if they ported.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

NECA's Ultimate Dante will hit shelves on March

Looks pretty cool and according to their Twitter will cost less than 30 bucks.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

SurrealityCheck posted:

This is one of those things I didn't understand until I discovered recently that most people use one finger to operate both r1 and r2. I just use one finger on each :o

Personally, the way my hand fits the dual shock 3, this is uncomfortable. I've tried it, and found in general I want my index finger for the analogue trigger, not my middle finger. Finer control, for me, if needed.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Man At Arms make a real life version of Dante's Rebellion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5tkGmavfvQ

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
God drat that was impressive. They really got all the little details of the Dante's Rebellion sword.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

notZaar posted:

God drat that was impressive. They really got all the little details of the Dante's Rebellion sword.

I'm happy that they made the 'awakened' rebellion.
But they showed DmC footage which made me go eeeeehh.

No one tried to stinger a pumpkin though :colbert:

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

notZaar posted:

Not everything, sadly. They only used the single skull, instead of having one side have a demonic skull, and the other a human.

Plus, I was personally annoyed with the size, as it should have been longer, and going with wood for the handle just irked me.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Man at Arms was the same group who made that lovely looking buster sword, right?

The Rebellion sword looks weird with the wooden handle.

Magil of Shadow posted:

Plus, I was personally annoyed with the size, as it should have been longer, and going with wood for the handle just irked me.
Here's a longer one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgR3mhwHfL4

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 7, 2015

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Pesky Splinter posted:

Man At Arms make a real life version of Dante's Rebellion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5tkGmavfvQ

god drat it I'm doing a dante cosplay right now I'm going to be constantly comparing the dante sword I'm making with this (I won't look nearly as good).

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

SSSmokin' Sick Style!

I prefer this to the MAA one, practicality be damned.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I'll only be impressed once they make a working Red Queen.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Pesky Splinter posted:

SSSmokin' Sick Style!

I prefer this to the MAA one, practicality be damned.

He also made Alastor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S739tacOM0Y

I actually don't like most of the weapons MAA make. They always mess around with materials.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
GameSpot has published some DmC Definitive Edition gameplay, though given they don't really use any of the new options available, I kind of question the point of the video. Still, if anyone cares:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zffdFZY-ve8

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

GameSpot has published some DmC Definitive Edition gameplay, though given they don't really use any of the new options available, I kind of question the point of the video. Still, if anyone cares:

me watchin that vid

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Vergil is incredibly powerful.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I'd guess to show off presumably stable 60 fps + Turbo Mode (72 fps total!), although YouTube is hardly a good avenue for that. Also those Vergil skins are bad.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
They aren't using Turbo Mode though :psyduck:

Also, they've released another video, this time showing the Vergil version of Bloody Palace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11bJO_63DC8

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Szurumbur posted:

I'd guess to show off presumably stable 60 fps + Turbo Mode (72 fps total!), although YouTube is hardly a good avenue for that. Also those Vergil skins are bad.

The spiky hair only works with anime proportions, just slick it back or something FFS.

Also, when the hell did you become a mod, Beef Waifu?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

They aren't using Turbo Mode though :psyduck:

You're right, I saw it checked and missed that it was unchecked before the start of the mission. Maybe they'll release a comparison video too, that'd work the best, I think.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The bloody palace one is turbo.
It looks slightly faster. Maybe 20% or about there, so the same as the DMC turbo.

Would be better if they made a double turbo mode so it can get DMC fast.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Fereydun posted:

me watchin that vid

I literally lolled when I scrolled past this, thanks.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
DmC release date has been rolled forward a week, to be released now on 10th March.
source:http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/01/14-1/dmc-devil-may-cry-definitive-edition-gets-earlier-release-new-screens

Article also contains more badly-skinned Vergil.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
DmC: Mea Culpa Edition seems to be available for consoles (PS4/XBone) now, and there's a little-advertised change that dramatically alters the game for the better:

Vergil's sick fedora? Gone.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I want them to annotate that the fedora was removed on the back of the case.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

DmC: Mea Culpa Edition seems to be available for consoles (PS4/XBone) now, and there's a little-advertised change that dramatically alters the game for the better:

Vergil's sick fedora? Gone.
Wow, game ruined.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Wait they released this stupid update before DMC4:SE? gently caress you Capcom.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

notZaar posted:

Wait they released this stupid update before DMC4:SE? gently caress you Capcom.

We've known that for a while. The DMC4:SE announcement was at the end of the full trailer for DmC.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They also extended the ending cutscene so instead of ending on Dante's eyes turning red, he instead walks off with Kat and slowly slides his hand down to grab her arse as they walk into the sunset. Sure, why not.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I thought you were kidding but I just saw the clip on Youtube and it's so bad. Did they change the entire ending cutscene then? Because despite the mediocrity that was DmC's storyline I don't see how that fits with everything that happens before.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They also extended the ending cutscene so instead of ending on Dante's eyes turning red, he instead walks off with Kat and slowly slides his hand down to grab her arse as they walk into the sunset. Sure, why not.

link now

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWGg47RydPA

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

:lol: that's stupid, but then the whole game is - and it suits the character they announced when the game was first advertised, but I don't think it suits the Dante at the endgame, because him and Kat didn't have much of a chemistry between them. Then again, the video cuts off abruptly, so maybe she shakes his hand off or something.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

That is the weirdest way to try and fix a ending.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

What in the world

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Quality story telling right here. Ninja Theory you did it again!

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
it's ironic you see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
If she had a piece of pizza stuck to her butt...

Yes...

• Locked thread