Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

All righty guys, I'm having dinner but it won't take me an hour and a half so I'll check in before the deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It's the first 'day' so I evidentially don't have much to prove my innocence. You guys can vote for me but the blood thirst should probably look towards the more cunning of players. I can and will simply state, once again: I am not scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oookaaay, I think that's long enough. I haven't seen FS around, but either TBK or Milky could've weighed in by now.

I'm really not sure about Anidav. He's a wild card to me. He could easily be one of the scum and I just didn't rank him high enough yet, cause other people who came off as scummy to me appeared more calculated in their scumminess. But I think he's worth keeping around for a bit longer though, certainly at least for tonight.

Cause if we ever get to a point where we're deadlocked or one knows what the gently caress's going on, or he's somehow survived till LYLO and no one's got any better reads or knows who to vote for... well, you could always just vote for Anidav. Not to mention, the guys that I (and others) think are towniest are sticking with Milky, while the guys I at least believe are scummiest (besides Milky) are voting for Anidav, who seems like an easy scum case.

Also Milky could've voted for Anidav now to lure me into choosing him right now for a hammer, but he hasn't. This could mean they're scum together, in which case, getting Milky's just as good!

##vote Milky Moor

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Hey, that's a hammer for Milky Moor!

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Votecount for Day 1

Milky Moor (4): Freudian Slip, Anidav, thatbastardken, Bifauxnen
Anidav (2): Those On My Left, tithin
Freudian Slip (1): Milky Moor
Those On My Left (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
tithin (0): thatbastardken, thatbastardken
thatbastardken (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (0):

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

You drag Milky outside and shoot him. Then you notice he is wearing a mask. Wow... it wasn't Milky at all!

:s: Milky Moor, Raptorfag (scum), was lynched D1.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Poor Tithin. All he wanted to do was help save AusPol.

:h: Tithin, Tithin (town), was killed N1.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (5): Anidav, Bifauxnen, Freudian Slip, thatbastardken, Those On My Left

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 08th, 2015 at 9:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 14 hours, 46 minutes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

:ghost: A smart scum would have left me to flounder after yesterday. Thanks!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
:ranbowdash:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Okay then, time to go read Tithin's posts

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

other than Bifauxnen and anidav tithin hasn't left many pointers as to who might have picked him for getting too close. They can't both be scum, and both of them voted for Milky Moor with Bif providing the hammer. Tithin voted for Anidav and was found dead. Milky voted for Freudian Slip when no-one else did.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Milky didn't mention Bifauxnen at all in his posting.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

except on a couple of lists.

unusual for someone who is very thorough

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

other than Bifauxnen and anidav tithin hasn't left many pointers as to who might have picked him for getting too close. They can't both be scum, and both of them voted for Milky Moor with Bif providing the hammer. Tithin voted for Anidav and was found dead. Milky voted for Freudian Slip when no-one else did.

Entirely possible that Bif saw the writing on the wall for Milky and threw him under the bus in an attempt to save herself from suspicion

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

yeah that was her strategy in the last game as well

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Guys there's only one scum left and we know one was Milky. There's not too many options here.

If it's Milky and Anidav - Milky wasn't willing to switch to Anidav, but why would Anidav get the bandwagon started on Milky in the first place? This would be stupid. If you're about to say "even for Anidav?" I should at least hope Milky would've yelled at him in the scumdoc and got him to change his vote after people called him out for bandwaggoning anyway. Not looking likely at all. Instead I think the scum's trying to psych us out and second-guess everything so we think it's Anidav. Seems like a long shot at this point.

If it's Milky and me - I stuck to my case of him and TOML. I was trying to see what Tithin was up to and if he was serious about Anidav, so I could've maybe rode that out for a no-lynch. Why hammer him? Sure it would make me look like scum if I didn't, but I was already called really scummy so this would've given us another day of precious time. Milky could've then tried to ride the wave of TOML and Tithin's theory about it being me and Anidav. Also, if I was the last scum I would sure as hell not have lynched Tithin. I would've left him alive so you guys could argue over whether it was him or TOML who was trying to save Milky, and have 2 people to look at today instead of 1. I would've lynched Freudian since people seemed to agree he's the most towny.

If it's Milky and Freudian - then Freudian is playing absolutely bonkers. D1 is a bit too early to start bussing somebody, especially when they're your only scum partner in the whole game and he had no case on them before you made one!

If it's Milky and TBK - Seems unlikely to me but it's at least possible, I guess. He was a bit white-noisy too, especially regarding his original tithin vote. He just didn't compare to Milky and TOML for me on D1. He only joined the Milky vote after he already had a decent bandwagon going. But it still seems unlikely to me, since he could've switched to Anidav near the end. This wouldn't be a bad move at all cause he could've blamed it all on me. I mean, he's even still trying to make me sound suss this morning which makes way less sense, so why wouldn't he have done so last night instead when it really mattered? But then I guess it would make sense to go after me harder than TOML cause if he got TOML first, it would make me look pretty cleared.

If it's TOML - All the stuff I said yesterday stands, which I don't see why TBK hasn't picked up on at all. But TOML and TBK can't both be scum, so maybe TBK is just pulling the same routine as Tithin and not bloody seeing it. TOML's white-noise posting and ironicat routine with me and ties to Milky seem way too obvious and easy from my standpoint, but then so do Milky's posts, especially in hindsight. I believe that being too obvious is the theme of this game, and TOML lynched Tithin in a desperation play to try and fake us all out.

Either TBK is being really dumb and TOML is using him, or vice versa.

##vote Those On My Left

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I am notoriously dumb

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Why hammer him? Sure it would make me look like scum if I didn't, but I was already called really scummy so this would've given us another day of precious time.
this is your argument? "I would've looked like scum if I didn't hammer Milky, which is why I hammered Milky, because I already looked like scum?" what?

Bifauxnen posted:

Also, if I was the last scum I would sure as hell not have lynched Tithin.
oh okay if you say so, yeah i'll just believe that

to be honest I am still suss on you or anidav. anidav is much harder to justify given that he piled on Milky first but there's some dodgy poo poo going on here

unfortunately i don't have a spreadsheet to back that up though

anyway, these are my thoughts for now, i'm not going to vote just yet because unlike you i'm not embarrassingly keen to get today's lynch going

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

also, full disclosure, tonight I am going to this gig: http://tickets.thehifi.com.au/default.aspx?Event=46934

I am also going to dinner beforehand so my last post for the day will probably come somewhere between 4:30 and 5:30.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I told you i was innocent.

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
awww yeahh :smuggo:

OK there are two main suspects left.

Anidav was the first on the band wagon which to me suggests to me he is likely town. I know he could have been throwing Milky under the bus - but I think it was way too early and there were other people he could have voted for.

TBK - As Bif said, he could have easily joined the Anidav vote and force Bif to hammer Anidav instead. It wouldn't have looked suss as it would have been Bif hammering Anidav. So I think its likely TBK is town.

So my two main suspects at the moment are TOML and Bif. I am going to go back through the posts yesterday before I make my vote - but it doesn't look good for TOML that Milky said he wasn't going to vote for him (I believe this was before I voted for Milky)

In any case - if it is either TOML or Bif we have enough turns left to lynch both

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

After going through the posts yesterday I am less sure of TBK now as he voted Milky before Tithin voted Anidav. In some ways it doesn't matter because I still distrust Bif and TOML more.

Those On My Left posted:

also, full disclosure, tonight I am going to this gig: http://tickets.thehifi.com.au/default.aspx?Event=46934

I am also going to dinner beforehand so my last post for the day will probably come somewhere between 4:30 and 5:30.

Don't worry mate - it will be over for you before then I think

##vote Those On My Left

The main reason for this vote is that I think the Tithin kill was because Tithin was suspecting Bif over you in his final posts before he died. I think this was to frame Bif.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

Don't worry mate - it will be over for you before then I think

jesus, with this quality of reasoning i can only hope

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

##unvote

OK you have till after lunch to make your case - also it will give the other time to decide

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

I hate that we can't edit our posts for typos and lovely grammar

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

it doesn't look good for TOML that Milky said he wasn't going to vote for him (I believe this was before I voted for Milky)
yeah, i unironically agree, that comment by milky made it look like the two of us were linked

almost like maybe he meant to do that???

think about it. when milky made that comment, there was one vote for me, and one vote for him.

what did he stand to gain by making that comment, by making it seem like there was a link between the two of us? it's loving obvious.

1) Milky knew that if he got lynched, all eyes would be on me. he knew that would make me an easy target for a D2 lynch. And if Milky got lynched on D1, he could only stand any chance of winning by guaranteeing a town lynch on D2.
2) Milky knew that if I got lynched I would flip town. At that point, Milky would be looking less suspicious because he had refused very early on to vote for me

if you want to believe that one of the best AusPol mafia players outed his scum colleague in one of his earliest posts, well, go ahead, i can't stop you being an idiot

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hooman posted:

:ghost: You all suck at spotting actual scum :ghost:

My only further argument would be to go through and just read again seeing what TOML sounds like and where it's got us ever. Then read through seeing what I sound like and what I've actually done. Like FS said, you guys got time to lynch us both. I'm pretty sure though that if you go for TOML it'll be over today.

And then Mills can confirm for me if my conspiracy theory is right. :dance:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

My only further argument would be to go through and just read again seeing what TOML sounds like and where it's got us ever. Then read through seeing what I sound like and what I've actually done.

my face is melted by the highly specific quality of this argument

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

it doesn't look good for TOML that Milky said he wasn't going to vote for him (I believe this was before I voted for Milky)

just fyi this is wrong, look at the timestamps on these posts

Freudian Slip posted:

##vote Milky Moor

Milky Moor posted:

i'm not voting toml first day because he didn't get a real mafia game last time

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

Yeah - when I actually went through the posts I did note that I had the sequence of those events incorrect. That's why it wasn't a reason to lynch you - its probably the biggest thing in your favour at the moment tbh

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

Yeah - when I actually went through the posts I did note that I had the sequence of those events incorrect. That's why it wasn't a reason to lynch you - its probably the biggest thing in your favour at the moment tbh

not if you're Bif, if you're bif it's evidence of

Bifauxnen posted:

a conspiracy theory
yeah a conspiracy theory that the **theme** of this game is to be obvious

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

meanwhile there's this chain of posts

thatbastardken posted:

thatbastardken posted:

thatbastardken posted:

except on a couple of lists.

unusual for someone who is very thorough

Those On My Left posted:

Entirely possible that Bif saw the writing on the wall for Milky and threw him under the bus in an attempt to save herself from suspicion

thatbastardken posted:

yeah that was her strategy in the last game as well

but no, a much better theory is that Milky Moor tipped his hand on the first loving page of the thread, ensuring that if he died the scum team would be hosed because you'd all find his scum teammate in 30 seconds flat

yeah, that's definitely what happened Bif, totes

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

That's not quite true - Milky did mention Bif in the post below as she was the other poster (apart from me) that was trying to get a vote going

Milky Moor posted:

that is, i have no targets except for the two people who have been trying to start up lynches and hammer someone as quickly as possible

Those On My Left posted:

but no, a much better theory is that Milky Moor tipped his hand on the first loving page of the thread, ensuring that if he died the scum team would be hosed because you'd all find his scum teammate in 30 seconds flat

yeah, that's definitely what happened Bif, totes

To be fair, Milky was defending Bif on the first day of the last thread where they were both scum - but then again he didn't have a vote against him then (I don't think)

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Freudian Slip posted:

That's not quite true - Milky did mention Bif in the post below as she was the other poster (apart from me) that was trying to get a vote going
so, yeah, milky's behaviour continued to be consistent with a smart scum play: seem suspicious of your colleague, protect a townie.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

wait have i not put my money where my mouth is yet?

##vote Bifauxnen

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

yeah TOML has deployed some good arguments there, also I'm still sore that I couldn't get Bif lynched last game so:

##vote Bifauxnen

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Making Bif and Milky scum twice in a row seems like the most unlucky roll in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

thatbastardken posted:

I am notoriously dumb

Well, if this sticks, enjoy the delayed win tomorrow, guys. I'll at least take the high road by not going down in a fit of Komaeda references.

• Locked thread