Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

oh hahahahaha they want to go back to Universal

quote:

For years, “Impact” found a home at Universal Studios in Orlando, FL for its television tapings and the sound stage became affectionately known as the Impact Zone. However, that changed in Jan. 2013 with the decision to take the show on the road. Carter says that gameplay will continue including a possible return to Orlando for tapings.

“Yeah, it may be a different soundstage which I like because we can mix it up and make the change to make it look different. We’re talking with them now and I do envision that we’ll probably have some shows coming back from there. I want to be there at a time when the audiences are great and they’re full and there’s certain times of year that are much busier than others and we want to really time it so it’s perfect.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Didn't they already try to do that, and it was awful?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

karmicknight posted:

Didn't they already try to do that, and it was awful?

I can't remember if they succeeded in landing a studio there for some tapings, but the only one Universal would give them was a poo poo studio with zero amenities, like not even a shower for the wrestlers.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

They'd be better served securing a cheap venue in a town they do decent business in. But that would require them to have a town they do decent business in.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Tato posted:

Did Low Ki re-sign yet? And why is he wearing that awful spandex outfit?
This isn't a swimming pool, no matter how much you want it to be.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

coconono posted:

They'd be better served securing a cheap venue in a town they do decent business in. But that would require them to have a town they do decent business in.

The funniest thing about TNA might be that for years people went "TNA has to get out of the Impact Zone. Touring and having tapings in front of different crowds (especially paying crowds, unlike the Impact Zone) can only be a good thing!"

Little did any of those fools (myself included) realize that TNA's inability to get people to buy their shows was actually a general inability to get anyone anywhere to pay to see their product.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
If they came back to Nashville I would go to every show just for the schadenfreude.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

There is no city in the country that will support an audience for a weekly wrestling show. It's just impossible in this day and age, they are better off in a theme park.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

There is no city in the country that will support an audience for a weekly wrestling show. It's just impossible in this day and age, they are better off in a theme park.

It hasn't been a weekly wrestling show in a long time, more like a once-a-month (or even les frequent) taping schedule of three shots. They've out and out stated that they don't want to do live IMPACTs anymore - or at least not as often - so they can post-produce the footage for Unlocked and stuff so I don't see them going back to weekly in the near or far term, especially given the cost of that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

It hasn't been a weekly wrestling show in a long time, more like a once-a-month (or even les frequent) taping schedule of three shots. They've out and out stated that they don't want to do live IMPACTs anymore - or at least not as often - so they can post-produce the footage for Unlocked and stuff so I don't see them going back to weekly in the near or far term, especially given the cost of that.

I don't mean weekly tapings. It's a show that requires a weekly 2 hour show meaning you can't really tape more than 2 episodes at a time. You aren't going to burn through an audience any slower doing 3 marathon tapings every 5-6 weeks. They draw so poorly that even their best recent crowds would be money losers compared to taping at the Impact Zone.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

You don't think Philly could do it?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

You don't think Philly could do it?

Not a chance in hell. ROH couldn't pull it off with a one hour show. This ain't the 90s anymore and even if TNA was ECW they probably couldn't pull it off and survive. It's too expensive to produce wrestling TV.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

I don't mean weekly tapings. It's a show that requires a weekly 2 hour show meaning you can't really tape more than 2 episodes at a time. You aren't going to burn through an audience any slower doing 3 marathon tapings every 5-6 weeks. They draw so poorly that even their best recent crowds would be money losers compared to taping at the Impact Zone.

I don't know, with their new format I could see them taping way more than 2 hours if they're relying as heavily on backstage 'reality' stuff as it sounds like. I'm not disagreeing that a town probably can't sustain that sort of taping schedule unless maybe it was an LA studio, but it sure sounds like they're going in the direction of taping a fair bit more at each taping and padding it out with backstage stuff they film later. We won't know what exactly this reality nonsense is or the ratio of that to wrestling is until next week at the earliest but I'm thinking it's a lot closer to the Lucha Underground model than what they were doing before (replace the telenovella aspect with 'generic reality show' I guess).

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't know, with their new format I could see them taping way more than 2 hours if they're relying as heavily on backstage 'reality' stuff as it sounds like. I'm not disagreeing that a town probably can't sustain that sort of taping schedule unless maybe it was an LA studio, but it sure sounds like they're going in the direction of taping a fair bit more at each taping and padding it out with backstage stuff they film later. We won't know what exactly this reality nonsense is or the ratio of that to wrestling is until next week at the earliest but I'm thinking it's a lot closer to the Lucha Underground model than what they were doing before (replace the telenovella aspect with 'generic reality show' I guess).

They can only tape so much backstage stuff. Remember they have a rerun that will have original backstage footage too. Given what they've announced about their taping schedule I don't think they are paring back close to what they'd need to do to run fewer tapings. Not that such a move would help their live gate, they haven't been to New York in 5 months and they aren't close to selling out a small building for tonight's show.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
They're still broadcasting Xplosion in the UK (do they show it anywhere else?), Rockstar Spud actually got a win, and also inadvertently got the (tiny!) audience doing a "Yes!" chant. Good times! Anyone know who does the ring announcing when it'd not Hemme? Because this other woman is absolutely terrible.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

quote:

According to a report from PWInsider, former TNA Knockouts Champion Awesome Kong or more recently known as Kharma is backstage at tonight’s Impact tapings from New York.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
TNA Deathwatch 2k15

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Oh thank god I don't get Destination America, I was about to do something stupid like watch TNA.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo come back to us Kharma

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I seriously considered going to the show tonight but it is cold as gently caress in NYC, like, way more than usual, wind chill of minus a million

Looks like you can't use the half-off ticket code anymore anyways (unless I just can't find where to input it on Ticketmaster)

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

abraham linksys posted:

I seriously considered going to the show tonight but it is cold as gently caress in NYC, like, way more than usual, wind chill of minus a million

Looks like you can't use the half-off ticket code anymore anyways (unless I just can't find where to input it on Ticketmaster)

Looks like you might have got in for free if the reports coming out are true.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Who's old grandpa did they drag out to the show?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Eh, why not

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Onmi posted:

Who's old grandpa did they drag out to the show?

Pretty sure that's Dixie's father.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
wrong thread dam gently caress it

edit; general discussion, Abyss has a dumb mask

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

:lol: and this is the smaller grand ballroom not even hammerstein

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Oh my god, I can't wait until the show finishes just so I see the reactions to the main event.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Happy New Year TNA :toot:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

The new dominant stable

Lashley
MVP
Samoa Joe
Kenny King
Low Ki
Eric Young

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey, they didn't job barrett to sin cara!!!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Testekill posted:

The new dominant stable

Lashley
MVP
Samoa Joe
Kenny King
Low Ki
Eric Young

y MLK? jk

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Testekill posted:

The new dominant stable

Lashley
MVP
Samoa Joe
Kenny King
Low Ki
Eric Young

Oh so they teased MVP turning on Lashley for no payoff then?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

Oh so they teased MVP turning on Lashley for no payoff then?

Don't you get it? It's because we'd never see it coming. Despite the fact that it's an old school Russo-esque double swerve. Technically a triple swerve because EY look like he was gonna save Roode but decided he hated him because of reasons.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

...I just realized. Is Rockstar Spud now the number 3 babyface?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

...I just realized. Is Rockstar Spud now the number 3 babyface?

Maybe number four or something. Angle, Roode & Aries would probably all be ahead.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I really want that new Lashley shirt.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i am the new living ECK master

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

quote:

TNA President Dixie Carter revealed on Twitter this morning that Christy Hemme recently gave birth to a baby girl named Charlie Rose. Hemme's last tweet came on January 3rd and she still had not given birth yet.

Hemme split ring announcing duties with Jeremy Borash at tonight's Impact Wrestling tapings in New York City but worked through her pregnancy as just last month she hosted a TNA event in the UK with Borash.

Dixie Carter's twitter posted:

A new era for TNA and a new addition to our family. The newest Knockout Charlie Rose!! Congrats @hemmepowered & Charlie on your baby girl!

"our family" :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

reminder that when jesse sorensen was laying in a hospital bed dixie carter kept calling him "our son" when lying to his mother about how she would cover all the medical bills

• Locked thread