Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Meltathon posted:

Blocks and blocks. Hogue with the monster block to possibly save the game. Bad finish by OSU.

The whole game was about as non-Hoiball as possible, so it was fitting to end it with two blocks on the perimeter, which are basically anti-Hoiball.

Love the new avatar.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
has no one watched bball before, the undefeated team always loses in the tournament, so keep being undefeated kentucky, gently caress you baylor always beats you except that one year we didn't but whatever

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

anne frank fanfic posted:

has no one watched bball before, the undefeated team always loses in the tournament, so keep being undefeated kentucky, gently caress you baylor always beats you except that one year we didn't but whatever

Except UK is going to drop some bullshit game near the end of their conference run, thus insuring them the championship, and then I go numb like some hiker stranded on the side of Mount Everest.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Good god, gently caress Michael Frazier. Florida has officially taken the "Has one guy who single-handedly destroys South Carolina" mantle from Tennessee.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
purdue is down 1 to wisconsin in madison. unbelievably, wisconsin went the entire first half without a starter getting a single foul. don't think i've ever seen that before in my entire life, crazy.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

goldboilermark posted:

purdue is down 1 to wisconsin in madison. unbelievably, wisconsin went the entire first half without a starter getting a single foul. don't think i've ever seen that before in my entire life, crazy.

So is Purdue just trying to troll the B1G by losing to terrible teams and beating good ones randomly?

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Eltoasto posted:

So is Purdue just trying to troll the B1G by losing to terrible teams and beating good ones randomly?

purdue is really young and inconsistent and they are still trying to put it together, so that means they sometimes look idiotic and lose to poo poo teams but when they are playing well they look quite good and very different from last year.

i'm hoping they continue to put it together this big10 season because i like watching good basketball

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

goldboilermark posted:

purdue is really young and inconsistent and they are still trying to put it together, so that means they sometimes look idiotic and lose to poo poo teams but when they are playing well they look quite good and very different from last year.

i'm hoping they continue to put it together this big10 season because i like watching good basketball

I wouldn't mind them being good again, but haven't had a chance to see them play yet or really kept up with their recruiting.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
wisconsin 23-27 from the FT line. purdue 3-7 lol

difficult to win on the road when the team you are playing hits 20 more FTs than you

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well Purdue fought well, but can't beat out the B1G motto "On the Road? Get hosed". At least they are consistent.

Free Throws:
Wisky: 27
Purdue: 7

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Eltoasto posted:

I wouldn't mind them being good again, but haven't had a chance to see them play yet or really kept up with their recruiting.

Vince Edwards and Isaac Haas from this year's class are going to be really good, Kendall Stephens is a really good shooter and apparently AJ Hammons gives a poo poo this year. They're missing a true point and another outside shooter this year though.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
jon octeus has arguably been our MVP this season and has been awesome at the point so i don't know why you think they are missing a true PG. we'll be missing one next year, barring another dude falling into our lap a month into the semester lol

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Eltoasto posted:

Well Purdue fought well, but can't beat out the B1G motto "On the Road? Get hosed". At least they are consistent.

Free Throws:
Wisky: 27
Purdue: 7

And it ended up 31 - 7, 8 of those were from Purdue fouling to stop the clock at the end up the game.

goldboilermark posted:

jon octeus has arguably been our MVP this season and has been awesome at the point so i don't know why you think they are missing a true PG. we'll be missing one next year, barring another dude falling into our lap a month into the semester lol

Octeus has been awesome, especially tonight but I thought he was more of a 2 playing point out of necessity this year.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jan 8, 2015

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Octeus is also the coolest last name ever.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gently caress Duke a lot, y'all.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

RumbleFish posted:

Good god, gently caress Michael Frazier. Florida has officially taken the "Has one guy who single-handedly destroys South Carolina" mantle from Tennessee.

We won because I didn't watch. Was at the movies tonight. Watched the last two games and we lost.

I am the curse.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo Illinois :stare:

20-3 run against Maryland or something like that.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Malcolm Hill. I told y'all.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
That Purdue-Wisconsin game was brutal to watch, so drat slow. Lot of odd fouls too, especially early against Purdue - I think they had at least 5 before Wisconsin's first. Felt like they called everything outside and nothing inside.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Baylor-Kansas is really drat good

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Baylor-Kansas is really drat good

It is, but woof, both offenses.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Deacs hanging around...

Deacs NOT gonna hang around. :negative:

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 8, 2015

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Baylor is a dumb team and I can't imagine having to root for them on a daily basis

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RumbleFish posted:

Deacs hanging around...

Deacs NOT gonna hang around. :negative:

That game was so loving good though. Devin Thomas ate Jahlil Okafor's lunch immediately after doing the same to Montrezl Harrrell. Tough sledding, but Wake is as legit as a rebuilding team can be and I love Danny Manning.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I never realized Enfield had a pretty good coaching pedigree before FGCU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Benne posted:

Baylor is a dumb team and I can't imagine having to root for them on a daily basis

It takes an effort on my part not throw things at Scott Drew.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That game was so loving good though. Devin Thomas ate Jahlil Okafor's lunch immediately after doing the same to Montrezl Harrrell. Tough sledding, but Wake is as legit as a rebuilding team can be and I love Danny Manning.

Danny Manning owns, enjoy

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alman posted:

Danny Manning owns, enjoy

<3 y'all for providing him. He's gonna revive Wake Forest hoops, I honestly believe this.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

<3 y'all for providing him. He's gonna revive Wake Forest hoops, I honestly believe this.

Sorry he couldn't bring you the Miracle tonight, but there's years left on his contract. :)

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Benne posted:

Why do you think Anne Frank Fanfic is so screwed up?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Thoguh posted:

Why do you think Anne Frank Fanfic is so screwed up?

*sage nod*

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Probably Magic posted:

Sorry he couldn't bring you the Miracle tonight, but there's years left on his contract. :)

He's gonna leave us eventually isn't he :(

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Couldn't even humor me. Jerk. :smith:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Couldn't even humor me. Jerk. :smith:

I feel you've been tortured enough Samuari-chan

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Well yeah, most coaches do. But that hasn't stopped Iowa State from having fun in the meantime, and so on and so forth, so you should just enjoy it while you can. One day, Self is going to ditch Kansas for the Thunder, where he'll proceed to flame out and then coach Oklahoma State, but in the meantime, buncha conference championships. Go with the flow.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
MSU-Iowa is short a referee because of the weather.

EDIT: His plane got rerouted to Minneapolis and he had to drive five hours. If the conditions are anything like Chicago right now, that's pretty horrific.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jan 9, 2015

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Iowa, are you going to gently caress this up? Because you are kind of really getting my hopes up here.

edit: yep, here we go. Right on schedule.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Not exactly your fault, I would literally bet on MSU to make a full-court shot right now.

• Locked thread