Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

apseudonym posted:

So much XP to get the gun on it :smith:

Yeah, but that's not unique to the T-54. A lot of tier 9s have that issue, particularly the medium tanks; take a look at the WZ-120, and be thankful you're not grinding that line! Part of the process of preparing to play the 120 without spending a shitload of free xp or grinding it stock is to unlock the tier 10 Chinese heavy first! :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

apseudonym posted:

So much XP to get the gun on it :smith:

Well, prioritize the D-10T2S, because the 140 is a better T-62A. Even though clans want more than one T10, the way the T-62A is spoken about now is "seriously...no one else has a 140 that's not locked...okay, I *guess* you can bring your -62A..."

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Well, prioritize the D-10T2S, because the 140 is a better T-62A. Even though clans want more than one T10, the way the T-62A is spoken about now is "seriously...no one else has a 140 that's not locked...okay, I *guess* you can bring your -62A..."

I'm too gay for clan wars.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So, if you're insane enough to be tanking right now (getting in a few before getting ready for work), they've got the x3 crew xp bonus running concurrently with the x2 combat xp bonus. Probably until server restart.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So, if you're insane enough to be tanking right now (getting in a few before getting ready for work), they've got the x3 crew xp bonus running concurrently with the x2 combat xp bonus. Probably until server restart.

The insufferable cunts are ruining my Archer win rate

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

NTRabbit posted:

Even Dan Murphy's doesn't have it, which is unusual, because it usually has nearly everything. Local bottlos don't stock more than Bundy, Jim Beam and XXXX/Tooheys/VB/West End/Swan, avoid if possible.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
I only wish they'd hurry up with botes.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

JuffoWup posted:

Edit: also, I just had a 4400 damage game in my newly minted 263, but then the server shat itself right at the end of the match, so I have no idea the results. Highlights include me face tanking a object 268 from about 100m away taking no damage the entire time. Same goes for a few other tanks completely stemming the near fall that was happening. This tank is absolutely amazing. :argh:

A lot of people don't have a clue how to pen the 263, making it one of my favorite tanks. You can be super aggressive in it and still win. Just try to avoid attacking downhill, people can slug shots past your armor into your tank.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

The insufferable cunts are ruining my Archer win rate

at the very least 2/3 of the people playing right now have no interest in winning whatsoever, they're just pounding that battle button as fast as they can

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
^^^ The 111 mission is nice for that actually. Oh, my team is doing something loving retarded? gently caress it, I got 4 kills.

apseudonym posted:

Researched:T-54 researched. Undistributed experience spent: 142000. Free Experience spent: 0.

My first tier 9 :getin:

The best T9 :ussr:

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
I got the panther14/88 two days ago, and its rather mediocre. I can make it work, but its a really frustrating tank to play. The gun is way more comfortable than on the fcm, the mobility is ok and i guess it could be argued to have better armour than the fcm. However, the combination of the last two aspects is not very nice. its a bit too big and soft and its a bit too slow. If they buffed the mobility or gave it a higher rate of fire i'd like it a lot more. Giving it sheltered mm would of course help too, but the combo of mediocre stats is more of a fundamental flaw that it also suffers from in t8-9 games.

Seeing as ive played the 111 a lot lately, i guess i have unreasonable expectations when it comes to average damage in tier 8s (think i have 2300 on average in it after almost 100 games in it). I'm currently averaging around 1700 in the panther88, and while this apparently is rewarded with just below 3k wn8, i feel its too low to be able to carry much. It should be mentioned that matchmaking last night was appalling tho.

anyone else got the hitler panther?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Tahirovic has the Hitlerpanther and he likes it. He should post about that.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I don't use it to carry games, since I've given up on solopub carrying anyway. The Hitler Panther is mobile enough and comes with a good gun that allows you to flank people and hit them while they are busy. It is kinda similar to how I play my SU-122-44, except the long 88 is accurate enough that I can actually aim for things like fuel tanks.

If it had pref MM I could actually recommend this tank as a fun money maker. If you don't care about stats it already is a good buy, in T10 games you simply get some early hits in taking some risks until you die and then go play your next tank.

Keep in mind, I've entirely given up on stats, if I don't feel I'll have fun in a match I don't play it.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Tahirovic posted:

Keep in mind, I've entirely given up on stats, if I don't feel I'll have fun in a match I don't play it.
Doesn't this translate to "disregard everything i say" tho?

its main problem is that its too soft to be as (im)mobile as it is and vice versa. the firerate is too low for you to be able to dpm race anything, d25ts will eat you up as they can literally pen you through the mantlet with ap. trash lowtier tanks go straight through your front armour even if angled. as a result you have to play rather cautiously, which again leads you to commit the cardinal sin of depending on your shitlord team. its sort of fundamentally flawed as it is, and i think slight changes too its mobility/firerate would redeem it. current verdict: mediocre+

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

we just call them "russian mediums" , doesnt matter which one anyone picks, they are all so similar that the difference isnt noticeable in CW.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I came back to tanks after a break and jesus loving christ it's rough just now. I have a bunch of tanks I've just unlocked, Black Prince, T34-85 and the Japanese tier V. Every battle I seem to be coming in as bottom tier. It's really no fun at all being in a stock 34-85 in a tier 8 match.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

JuffoWup posted:

Ok, I know the challenger is a poo poo tank anyway. This was already covered in the achilles which didn't have a barn turret. What is the story on the challenger turret upgrade? I mean, what is the soft stat changes not being shown. 10m more view range and 2 more degrees of rotational speed isn't all that much of an improvement. But in britian's own hilarious ways, the armor scheme rotates to something that would make the french proud. 101mm front armor + 40mm rear armor on the stock turret altered to 50mm front + 200mm rear. What.

Turrets have to be balanced, otherwise it may be impossible to then them if you're standing on a slight incline (see: Tiger and Panther). When you're using a long-rear end gun, you need a counterweight on the other side of the turret. Might as well make that counterweight a shitload of armour. You can see this phenomenon on the American heavies.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Atal Vataman posted:

Doesn't this translate to "disregard everything i say" tho?
I dunno, is my opinion on arties invalid because on maps I don't like I will rush into enemies trying to get 1 shotgun off before dying? I wouldn't say so. I just don't enjoy those maps as arties so I refuse to play them, stats be damned.
Edit: did you know 900 dmg an arty does while nobody else is spotting for them is worth around 3k damage you do over a full game while someone spots for you?

Atal Vataman posted:

its main problem is that its too soft to be as (im)mobile as it is and vice versa. the firerate is too low for you to be able to dpm race anything, d25ts will eat you up as they can literally pen you through the mantlet with ap. trash lowtier tanks go straight through your front armour even if angled. as a result you have to play rather cautiously, which again leads you to commit the cardinal sin of depending on your shitlord team. its sort of fundamentally flawed as it is, and i think slight changes too its mobility/firerate would redeem it. current verdict: mediocre+

If you're looking for a super carry tank then the Hitler Panther isn't for you I agree with that, but it isn't a bad tank and you can have plenty of fun with it. It makes me enough credits without using gold ammo and I am confident it can actually pull its weight in platoons.

Goons just seem way too focused on their stats, I went from a 55-56% WR down to 51-52% but I having way more fun and actually enjoy the game again. People messaging me after matches to complain about my suicides are an other bonus.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
Last night, while trying to sleep, my brain told me that it's too bad there's not going to be an Italian tree. Not because the tanks would be anything special or whatever, but because they'd go great together with a soundpack made from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skb2gKR7rOk

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Ensign Expendable posted:

Turrets have to be balanced, otherwise it may be impossible to then them if you're standing on a slight incline (see: Tiger and Panther). When you're using a long-rear end gun, you need a counterweight on the other side of the turret. Might as well make that counterweight a shitload of armour. You can see this phenomenon on the American heavies.

I know, and spare ammo is store in there nicely stacked up as well in the american heavies.

It was just in this case, there is no upgrade in gun. The base turret handles the gun as well (historically, perhaps not, but wargaming allows the top gun on the stock turret). This is why I was wondering on the stats. Is it even worth mounting the top turret since it seems you lose armor for negligible view range and turret traverse. Perhaps in reload speed or is that 101 some tiny thin strip while the rest of the face is 50mm.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Uhh, did something change with arty in 9.5?

Because arty seems to be a bigger issue.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

SS advertised the Battle Assistant mod, so now everyone who plays arty runs it. It helps all the pubs who don't get firing arcs, so you get what looks like a general increase in accuracy with artillery.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Infected posted:

SS advertised the Battle Assistant mod, so now everyone who plays arty runs it. It helps all the pubs who don't get firing arcs, so you get what looks like a general increase in accuracy with artillery.

Okay, I was wondering why I seemed to be getting mega-hosed in innocuous places. Remove arty from game.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I finally unlocked and purchased the M41 last night and holy poo poo. Mine is stock aside from having the top engine and its a joy to drive. Like a pre-physics T-50-2. Had to move my T37 crew up to it, so I wish they'd hurry up with the 6th sense change.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

CitizenKain posted:

I finally unlocked and purchased the M41 last night and holy poo poo. Mine is stock aside from having the top engine and its a joy to drive. Like a pre-physics T-50-2. Had to move my T37 crew up to it, so I wish they'd hurry up with the 6th sense change.

The only reason I'm abusing myself with the challenger is just till I get 6th sense on my commander. Once that is complete, gently caress this tank.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13tnjh3dZw4

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTyN-vvFIkE would have been a better choice

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Infected posted:

It actually helps anyone who isn't rainman when it comes to remembering/figuring out your arty's arc and the incline of that hill the thing you're shooting is hiding behind. Shots on poo poo more or less in the open it does nothing for, but partially hidden poo poo? Holy crap.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Cippalippus posted:

I only wish they'd hurry up with botes.

What do you mean hurry up did you not make it into Alpha? We bote all the time.. during testing hours at least.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Tahirovic posted:

I dunno, is my opinion on arties invalid because on maps I don't like I will rush into enemies

Yeah your opinion on pretty much everything in the game is invalid because of this. Sorry not sorry

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

I just can't giggle harder

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Last night: 87.5% solopub win rate

Today thus far? 31.2.

Plenty of kills, plenty of damage, but gently caress. EVERY. SINGLE. oval office. PUBBIE.

I know your pain. I just wanted to do my daily in the 3601...

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 8, 2015

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Valle posted:

It actually helps anyone who isn't rainman when it comes to remembering/figuring out your arty's arc and the incline of that hill the thing you're shooting is hiding behind. Shots on poo poo more or less in the open it does nothing for, but partially hidden poo poo? Holy crap.

I don't see much point in it, but then again the only arty I play anymore is the 261, which has a very predictable arc regardless of incline.

Mr.48
May 1, 2007

Ensign Expendable posted:

I don't see much point in it, but then again the only arty I play anymore is the 261, which has a very predictable arc regardless of incline.

Which is to say, no arc at all. Screw the 261, I sold mine.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mr.48 posted:

Which is to say, no arc at all. Screw the 261, I sold mine.

Yeah, gently caress fast firing highly accurate arty. That poo poo is the worst being able to react quickly to the battle with the confidence that you will actually hit what you are aiming at.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

Yeah, gently caress fast firing highly accurate arty. That poo poo is the worst being able to react quickly to the battle with the confidence that you will actually hit what you are aiming at.

The 261 is my favorite tier X arty as well. The CGC is made of sads and missed shots.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

I was in a Price is Right mood Juffo, gently caress you! <3

OSad
Feb 29, 2012

Atomizer posted:

So, I heard you quit PANSY again because someone convinced you that Hellsau had re-joined. Confirm/Deny. This is important.

Confirmed. The name Hellsau makes me skitter so fast, I barely even have time to catch up on the hot anime of the season.

Hellsau posted:

You can't say you people don't bring it on yourselves. Anime belongs in the trash.

I don't want to hear that coming from you, Hellsau-tan.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

Valle posted:

Last night, while trying to sleep, my brain told me that it's too bad there's not going to be an Italian tree. Not because the tanks would be anything special or whatever, but because they'd go great together with a soundpack made from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skb2gKR7rOk

That video has to be the most perfect metaphor for pubs in this game I have ever seen. Pub is cruising along, not watching, falls off cliff, complains. God (Hand of SerB maybe ?) replaces cliff with water. Pub tries to fish with hands, fails, complains. Hand of SerB gives them a... baseball bat (wtf?) to fish with, fails harder, falls in water, more complaining. Hand of SerB gives them advanced equipment (goggles, fins, snorkel, trident) to fish with, pub catches a shoe. Pub continues on, complains about a hole in ground they could have easily jumped over. Hole is removed by HoS. Later on, pub is given a fishing pole, apparently catches something, result is a tsunami that wipes out everything.

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

OSad posted:

Confirmed. The name Hellsau makes me skitter so fast, I barely even have time to catch up on the hot anime of the season.

I don't want to hear that coming from you, Hellsau-tan.

Don't be so tsundere baka*

T/N Note - baka means idiot.