Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Endless Mike posted:

^^^yeah, mitm is good

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Whatley!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
what was that stat about how the last 40 years of mining will produce two bitcoins or whatever

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

indigi posted:

what was that stat about how the last 40 years of mining will produce two bitcoins or whatever

the reward stops halving and instead goes straight to 0 in 2140.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

the reward stops halving and instead goes straight to 0 in 2140.

It'll run off the transaction fees provided by people using this currency that comes without fees. What part of that don't you get? :rolleyes:

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you
2011-2012: not a lot happened, why do you ask?

Thesoro posted:

yes, they will be traumatized by the images and sounds that they can barely perceive, let alone comprehend
official recommendation is to minimize screen time before age 2, it correlates with add or something

but newborns sleep a lot so have some fun

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
what worked for me was finding a bunch of stuff i could do that I could pick up and drop at a moments notice

for example: reading buttcoin thread

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Did anyone else watch The Wire I think bitcoin is more like the wire than breaking bad. the scammers are omar.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

screens fo children are terrible, literally babbling like an idiot to your kid is healthier in terms of mental development

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
your kid should watch the wire

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Susan's coming yo! http://kottke.org/15/01/the-sounds-of-the-wire

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

duTrieux. posted:

screens fo children are terrible, literally babbling like an idiot to your kid is healthier in terms of mental development

unless you are babbling about bitcoin

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

duTrieux. posted:

Especially when the screen is on a stick and has Roger Ver's face on it.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Crankit posted:

Did anyone else watch The Wire I think bitcoin is more like the wire than breaking bad. the scammers are omar.

the private key stands alone

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2rqlj6/apple_approves_ios_game_that_tips_players_in/

[–]BTCJerk 9 points 4 hours ago
Looks like someone may have found a way to get lots of payouts... watch this address https://blockchain.info/address/1QDLVy7Kpoob9Ejzk9oESZcq5DYnbfSWqN

[–]micro23 7 points 4 hours ago
He just sends the new user command non stop. The server has no protection :( Someone just logged the traffic the phone sends when you setup the account and resends the first game play command every 3 seconds. Already at $30

[–]BTCJerk 3 points 4 hours ago
good call, hope the developer patches before he's wiped out.

[–]BTCJerk 2 points 4 hours ago
He's sending the funds to this address, which looks pretty wealthy https://blockchain.info/address/1FsVcdeHbpvUVT3gjeuVR2ZSDnpcsJMsLL

[–]micro23 1 point 2 hours ago
Thats BTC-E. Someone figured out how to get the key and moved all the money into a exchange.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

...! found something pretty cool

someone released an ios game that tips you btc for playing. someone else sniffed the protocol, and found that if you just keep resending the new user command it'll just keep paying you.

.... bitcoin!

e: ya what ^^^ said... :suicide:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

site is down already lol

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dex posted:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2rqlj6/apple_approves_ios_game_that_tips_players_in/

Looks like someone may have found a way to get lots of payouts... watch this address https://blockchain.info/address/1QDLVy7Kpoob9Ejzk9oESZcq5DYnbfSWqN

He just sends the new user command non stop. The server has no protection :( Someone just logged the traffic the phone sends when you setup the account and resends the first game play command every 3 seconds. Already at $30

He's sending the funds to this address, which looks pretty wealthy https://blockchain.info/address/1FsVcdeHbpvUVT3gjeuVR2ZSDnpcsJMsLL

Thats BTC-E. Someone figured out how to get the key and moved all the money into a exchange.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Dex posted:

Lol I wonder how much game man has to lose

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

apparently it's funded by donations from the bitcoin community

so ... probably not much

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Bitcoin would not be where it is without silk road. Support Ross Ulbricht. (youtu.be)
submitted 5 hours ago by jessestewart
202 commentsshare
top 200 commentsshow all 202
sorted by: best
[–]the--mannequin 42 points 4 hours ago*
I'm of the belief that drug use shouldn't be any concern at all of the government's. I don't believe Ross or SR have done anything wrong, except getting caught. Bitcoin has done wonders in undermining laws that are only kept in place because of the profitability of incarcerations.
You think drugs are bad? How about the police who throw teenagers in jail over a gram of pot? What about the imprisoned heroin addicts who needed rehab, psychiatry, help, etc. but were instead locked away. Who are the bad guys, really? Freedom of bodily choice vs a cold metal cage... This is far from black and white and Ross is definitely not to blame for any crimes committed. poo poo, the fact that people didn't have to go out and meet strange, potentially dangerous people because of his website practically makes him a hero. He's provided a level of harm reduction that hasn't been seen since clinics started giving junkies sterile water and clean utensils. There were a lot of road bumps, but I honestly think what SR did with BTC was nothing but positive. Drugs are desired and will never go away, so all we have is harm reduction until we can bend these laws to actually get those addicted the help they need.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

the payments are coming from this address https://blockchain.info/address/17ZgzoQUAiCrCgSieYfGhAvToW9kn6uaLt

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

ayn rand hand job posted:

Bitcoin would not be where it is without silk road. Support Ross Ulbricht. (youtu.be)
submitted 5 hours ago by jessestewart
202 commentsshare
top 200 commentsshow all 202
sorted by: best
[–]the--mannequin 42 points 4 hours ago*
I'm of the belief that drug use shouldn't be any concern at all of the government's. I don't believe Ross or SR have done anything wrong, except getting caught. Bitcoin has done wonders in undermining laws that are only kept in place because of the profitability of incarcerations.
You think drugs are bad? How about the police who throw teenagers in jail over a gram of pot? What about the imprisoned heroin addicts who needed rehab, psychiatry, help, etc. but were instead locked away. Who are the bad guys, really? Freedom of bodily choice vs a cold metal cage... This is far from black and white and Ross is definitely not to blame for any crimes committed. poo poo, the fact that people didn't have to go out and meet strange, potentially dangerous people because of his website practically makes him a hero. He's provided a level of harm reduction that hasn't been seen since clinics started giving junkies sterile water and clean utensils. There were a lot of road bumps, but I honestly think what SR did with BTC was nothing but positive. Drugs are desired and will never go away, so all we have is harm reduction until we can bend these laws to actually get those addicted the help they need.
also, please ignore the part about him ordering hits on people, thank you and god bless.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

theflyingorc posted:

also, please ignore the part about him ordering hits on people, thank you and god bless.

[–]the--mannequin 4 points 3 hours ago*
Of course, but this isn't a criminal trial. I thought we were discussing the morality of the issue and whether Ross should be supported and defended. The laws are too numerous and broken, they'll work whichever way best serves against him. He is guilty, 100%, of breaking the law. There's no arguing that. On a legal platform, though, attempted murder accusations aside, is providing a safe environment for illegal activity as heinous as the activity itself? They're trying and publicizing him like a cartel leader when all he seems to have done was act as a middle man on a site he made that eventually got too big for his control (and perhaps ego). Should he be punished like a kingpin? He will, probably, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me to be making an example of some drug abusing tech geek who earned a meager sum (in context to the cartels) while actual drug cartels are murdering, enslaving and ripping people off every second of the day. As far as I know, and as far as the DEA knows, Ross is far from that. He's helped protect people from dangers like that, he's helped undermine organized crime (despite the fact that all drug sales profit cartels) by giving people an alternative to meeting gangs and their lackeys, by slowing down local drug trade it keeps the issues further up the chain, further away from home. The impact wasn't large, I'm sure, but it was an important stand to make.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
hiring people to kill other people is not a bad thing

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

being an FBI agent posting as a hitman is also a method of harm reduction.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

Captain Cool posted:

2011-2012: not a lot happened, why do you ask?

official recommendation is to minimize screen time before age 2, it correlates with add or something

screens at a young age definitely increase the development of adhd in children that are genetically predisposed to it

if you have a family history of adhd do not loving let your infant watch TV, probably don't do that if you don't have a history either

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
who was the proud new dad who posted about what tablet he should get his baby then got all pissed wen people called him a loving moron?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

infernal machines posted:

who was the proud new dad who posted about what tablet he should get his baby then got all pissed wen people called him a loving moron?

"what tablet should get this baby" means "i want a cheap durable tablet recommendation for myself, since i'm probably just as clumsy as a child"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
no this was literally "what tablet should i get so my infant child can paw at the screen like a cat for hours on end"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Purse.io announces a $10,000 customer protection guarantee.

They announced it on their company blog by admitting that a customer was raided by feds and their service was used to facilitate stolen credit cards

quote:

A few weeks ago, the home of a user named vnnkl was searched by authorities as a result of a purchase he made on Purse 6 months ago. Through an internal investigation, we discovered that the counterparty’s activity originated from a hacked computer of another German resident. To vnnkl, we are truly apologetic and have offered to compensate lawyer fees and any other expenses related to the incident.

In the past year, we successfully transacted over 10,000 items, and 4 transactions went awry. 3 transactions involved gift card reversals which we promptly refunded. In this case, a refund alone did not suffice.

We want to make this right, and on January 7, we will implement a $10,000 Purse Guarantee protecting users from any costs related to purchasing items through our website. We will extend this program to vnnkl or any other user who happens to report an incident for past purchases.

How bizarre that a company has to put up a guarantee that they'll pay a portion of your lawyer fees when you get accused of using stolen credit cards

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

infernal machines posted:

no this was literally "what tablet should i get so my infant child can paw at the screen like a cat for hours on end"

yes i know what they claimed it was for, I'm telling you what it was actually for considering they are a goon

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i think at the point where you have to consider insuring your customers for criminal liability it might be time to reconsider your business model

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

Nessus posted:

be sure to post your child's birth on the blockchain

placentacoins mined from the birthchain

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

Jizz Festival posted:

Bryan Cranston actually isn't that great of an actor :(

Also bitcoins are awesome I'm buying now while they're cheap.

nice Opposite Day post

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

Captain Cool posted:

I was referring to when she's sleeping but we can't leave the house or w/e, not watching it with the baby, Christ

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

quote:

The collective mind is picking up on the fact that no matter what happens to particular individuals or centralized institutions around bitcoin, this powerful decentralized anti-fragile technology is here to stay, just like what happened with the internet. (self.Bitcoin)
Uhm, okay

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

you can't kill an idea maaaaaan

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

vanilla slimfast posted:

nice Opposite Day post

:thejoke:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

theflyingorc posted:

hits with bonus gratuitous torture :rip:

• Locked thread