Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Looks like Peter Parker's family was murdered by organized crime there.

While he was off at the science exhibit.

It's a thing from the internet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhHhXukovMU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

McSpanky posted:

Should've borrowed from the Spider-Man 2 movie game and hauled them up the Empire State Building for an atomic suplex.

They need to release a HD version of that game. Best superhero game ever.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

PJOmega posted:

They need to release a HD version of that game. Best superhero game ever.

Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is better

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I don't recall there being webslinging in Hulk. :colbert:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Honestly SM 2 is a pretty bad game outside of the webslinging. The webslinging is like one of the most solid and fun traversal mechanics in a game, probably ever, and one of the single best adaptations of a superhero's powers, so that more than makes up for its faults.

Hulk UD is probably better overall, but that has some pretty rotten missions and bosses too. Whenever either game actually makes you fight a powerful enemy one on one they instantly start sucking. Hulk has really great open world combat, though, using a hulkbuster robot as a loving springboard never gets old.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Cassa posted:

I don't recall there being webslinging in Hulk. :colbert:

Instead you get to fly around using a gorilla balloon

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Vincent posted:

On one hand, it's Leopardon and that's rad. On the other hand, Dan Slott is writing and ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I know this isn't the thread for it, so if someone wants to PM me to talk about it - but what is everyones beef with Dan Slott? I am reading Avengers: The Initiative at the moment and I love it. Is the writing going to take some awful turn and make me sad forever?

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 9, 2015

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The first issue of Avengers: The Initiative made me so angry at how bad it was I posted a rant in BSS earlier in the week. Since you're obviously past that point and you're enjoying it I don't think you're going to experience any disappointment.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Ghostlight posted:

The first issue of Avengers: The Initiative made me so angry at how bad it was I posted a rant in BSS earlier in the week. Since you're obviously past that point and you're enjoying it I don't think you're going to experience any disappointment.

To be honest I started Avengers Initiative, and put it down after a few issues because I found it really plain and try-hardy. I went back to it - and it does get drastically better. Taskmaster alone carries everyone else because he is a fantastic character who is written really well.

Speaking, of - Funny panels: Norman Osborne: "Hi Taskmaster, I want to come and tour the training facility tomorrow - Will that be okay?"

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I know this isn't the thread for it, so if someone wants to PM me to talk about it - but what is everyones beef with Dan Slott? I am reading Avengers: The Initiative at the moment and I love it. Is the writing going to take some awful turn and make me sad forever?

I don't like his writing. His She-Hulk was fun, but his spider-man doesn't grab me. His ideas work: Spider-ock was great in the hands of other, better, writers, same with the whole Spider-verse idea, Gage and the other writers in the ancillary books are killing it while the main one sucks. Also I find his characters cliched as hell.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
The reaction shots in Hawkeye vs. Deadpool vs. Crime continued to be awesome:

(The explosion is Deadpool)

Hawkeye vs. Deadpool vs. Crime 4

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Chinston Wurchill posted:

(The explosion is Deadpool)

This should be the thread title.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
...Wait, why are Typhoid Mary and Black Cat working together to kill the Hawkeyes?

Also, can someone with a scanner/better image clipping skills than me post the page from Squirrel Girl #1 with her possible ways to defeat Kraven?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Black Cat got Mary out of jail, and Mary as always is just in it for the violence. As for Black Cat, she wants a thumb drive they have that has the addresses of SHIELD Agents so she can have them brainwashed, and also she's evidently super super evil now.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Boogaleeboo posted:

Black Cat got Mary out of jail, and Mary as always is just in it for the violence. As for Black Cat, she wants a thumb drive they have that has the addresses of SHIELD Agents so she can have them brainwashed, and also she's evidently super super evil now.

Thanks a lot Slott.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Who's paying her, or have they abandoned that part of her character as well?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Thanks a lot Slott.

...Do I want to know? Because last time I was reading ASM was when she had gotten a job in JJ's administration so she could case City Hall. That seemed like, regular burglary type stuff. Did she get possessed by Malice or something dumb during Superior?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Black Cat's better as an actual villain anyway.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

goatface posted:

Who's paying her, or have they abandoned that part of her character as well?

She's a boss now, she's trying to run things. Evidently being messed with by Spock really, really hosed her up and she's lashing out in the most extreme way possible. If that means dropping...well, everyone that gets in her way? Eh.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gaz-L posted:

...Do I want to know? Because last time I was reading ASM was when she had gotten a job in JJ's administration so she could case City Hall. That seemed like, regular burglary type stuff. Did she get possessed by Malice or something dumb during Superior?

Superior beat the crap out of her and gets her arrested. She wants vengeance.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

bobkatt013 posted:

Superior beat the crap out of her and gets her arrested. She wants vengeance.

On shield for some reason, look just don't think about it too hard she's a villain now and her appearances in Superior Foes and Hawkeye vs. Deadpool vs. Crime are the best ones she's made in a decade.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gaz-L posted:

Also, can someone with a scanner/better image clipping skills than me post the page from Squirrel Girl #1 with her possible ways to defeat Kraven?
Is there more than the one posted higher up on the page?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

Is there more than the one posted higher up on the page?

:downs: I reed gud.

Seriously, I didn't even see it was posted. Alternatively, someone went back in time to answer my plea.

(It's not the time travel thing.)

I love her little muffin and the flying car in the last sequence, though, which is why I asked.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jan 11, 2015

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
Some panels right before Deadpool explodes

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Who is the artist on that? The expressions in every panel that has been posted are amazing.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Ashcans posted:

Who is the artist on that? The expressions in every panel that has been posted are amazing.

Matteo Lolli and Jacopo Camagni. I'm not that familiar with either, but it looks like Lolli has done a lot of Deadpool in recent years.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I love what must have been Deadpool's thought process there.

"Hmm... what is the most offensive thing I could do to Hawkeye while saving him? Oh, right, dress up as him, steal his ride, and then shoot everyone to death with a bigass gun while insulting him."

:v:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Speaking of Hawkeye...

Loki: Agent of Asgard #1

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Oh, I just love Superior Hawkeye™. :allears:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Where does Deadpool even find this stuff on short notice?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Dolash posted:

How do you find a car in GTA on short notice?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Dolash posted:

He swings between hero and villain, and is on reasonably friendly terms with a bunch of people on both sides. He probably knows where half the powered folk in New York keep their emergency stash of toys.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Easier answer: Probably stole Clint's keys during the last few issues.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Actual answer: He broke into Avengers Mansion, where Clint just keeps all his old poo poo. It has surprisingly poor security.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 11, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What happened to those robot tentacle things that guard the mansion? This is a gross violation of continuity! :arghfist::nixon:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

What happened to those robot tentacle things that guard the mansion? This is a gross violation of continuity! :arghfist::nixon:

After the last time Deadpool broke into the mansion, the AI in charge of tentacles needed to take a very long shower.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Lurdiak posted:

After the seventeenth time they had to hose parts of Deadpool off of the tentacle-arms, Captain America gave in and gave Deadpool visitation privileges to the Mansion so as to preserve the mental health of the groundskeeping crew.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Binary Badger posted:

Oh, I just love Superior Hawkeye™. :allears:

I'm reminded of Alpha Protocol when Stephen Heck does a machine gun drive by on a train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Lurdiak posted:

The mansion proper has security tentacles, Hawkeye's garage where he keeps all his crap is not guarded and Tony does his passive-aggressive best to make Clint get rid of it by offering no security.