Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

getting in a car takes me out of passive mode on ps3 :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...

Slim Killington posted:

I'm digitalprophet on PSN.

Oh, maybe I knew that from the old days. I'm witchoo. Literally, right this second.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

fyodor posted:

getting in a car takes me out of passive mode on ps3 :(

Watch out for fire trucks too. They'll spray you into oblivion.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

geeves posted:

I was in passive modding Dubstas and there were proxy mines on the yellow pylons outside of the central LSC. I kept returning to mod my other cars when I got a text, "WHY ARENT YOU DYING?"

Please tell me you just replied with either "hax" or "magic"?? :v:

Would love to run tons of races with you nerds tonight but I'm trapped at work until late thanks to Entertainment Weekly™ the magazine no one reads.... :mad::argh::emo:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

fyodor posted:

i put a prox mine in driveway of the downtown lsc and not 5 minutes pass when some pubby drives in a gang car he stole.

i have never, ever, ever in my life heard someone scream like he did into the public voice chat lobby thing. holy god. he carried-on for another 5 minutes then ragequit.

I had thought about doing this down on the docks where you deposit the HPVs for Simeon, but this is much better.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Duke Chin posted:

Please tell me you just replied with either "hax" or "magic"?? :v:

Would love to run tons of races with you nerds tonight but I'm trapped at work until late thanks to Entertainment Weekly™ the magazine no one reads.... :mad::argh::emo:

I had a sub to that and then called to cancel and they sent it for another three years free of charge until I called and told them to please for the love of God stop.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Oh, Kelly. You silly woman driver you. I'll be sober, and Jay will be there too. So you're guaranteed two things; you won't be last, and you're guaranteed to gently caress me--who will in then gently caress you--out of many wins. It is the way things are meant to be. :glomp:

The fact that you win races in cars modded way below mine really says something not great about my driving. :sigh:

But if Jay's there that's a mark in the plus column!

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 8, 2015

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

I need to get with some of you guys for a sea race sometime. Gotta win one to unlock matte lime green paint

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I keep telling myself I don't want the last few paint colours bad enough to win an air race or a rally, but really it's just because I'm a lovely pilot and a terrible navigator/driver without precious yellow and purple lines.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

I had a sub to that and then called to cancel and they sent it for another three years free of charge until I called and told them to please for the love of God stop.

I don't even subscribe and I've received it for the last 4 years. How do they even make money?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
^^^ Ad revenue and pay-for-publicity pieces.

Kelly posted:

Hah, no, I mean I had/have to work late tonight cause they were literally in my office interviewing my boss today which delayed all production. THEY'RE RUNNING MY VIDEOGAME/DOT-SHOOTING TIME!!!

t:reject::arghfist:

Pivit posted:

I need to get with some of you guys for a sea race sometime. Gotta win one to unlock matte lime green paint

Oh poo poo, that's literally the last thing I have to unlock as well! I totally forgot about that color.

Galdarion
Apr 13, 2014
because you forgot to pull the pins out?

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Is PSN user ranacher a goon?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm pretty sure they are, logging in now for race action!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

me your dad posted:

Is PSN user ranacher a goon?

Yes, we've played together since launch but I still have no idea how to pronounce "ranacher".

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
How do I output chat audio to not headphones :wtf:
I use a USB soundcard to get mic audio in, I figured out this is why I cannot hear in-game lobby-etc chat from GTA5, it lets me hear actual partychat but nothing else. My choices of output to headphones which I don't want to use (since that's the plug in the DS4) is All Audio or Chat Audio, it's one or the other and no choice of anything else even if I plug in a dummy. But this is all fine when using the USB soundcard and regular PS4 parties.

Without USB soundcard it's just down to the junky bundled plug or pulling a bunch of extra wire, I guess I might as well.

e: No, with that plugged into the DS4, output device becomes TV/AV (THATS THE CHOICE I ALWAYS WANTED TO HAVE) and I finally hear in-lobby voices, but no input device. I have to do soldering to get the right kind of plug that supports mic input ready for this. Sony's made a booboo or really, R*. "Output to headhphones" puts everything to plug-in-DS4 headphones and not "USB Headset" ie the soundcard.

e: alright, pulling out the USB deal means I can at least hear. I guess I can solder up that 3.5mm to give it microphone input and then that'll be it.

e: recorded it complete with voicechat and all, gonna youtube the goodness from my Panto view (got first and second, ran out of space for third, will just up whatever's great and oh my god these maps need to get featured officially

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 9, 2015

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Are those races going down right now?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Something is certainly happening, here in hell

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I ended up in a freaking Cognoscenti while switching to something better. Great race.

e: And the Rosevelt wasn't that bad! Shape up foo

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 9, 2015

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
The loving Horsening

This poo poo is Dantean

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 9, 2015

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I really need to stay up late again and play with you all but I got school stuff in the morning. I still need to find my Cadillac to go with my Old Black Church Lady gimmick.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Horse Factory 2 is even better now.

our hero!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

WITH MY LAST BREATH

I CURSE THE HORSE TRACK

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

"Watching Lady Gaga run a loving marathon here"

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Hey guys, I've been out of Online for a long time, good to see the group still active on the 360. I assume a branch of Stairs will be on PC on launch day?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGxh_Wb02iI

The first race

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Good times. Gotta do this again.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dang I gotta figure out how this Share thing works. I set it to record microphones but the only person's mic it recorded was my own.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Dang I gotta figure out how this Share thing works. I set it to record microphones but the only person's mic it recorded was my own.

I tbelieve that's some silly thing apparently everybody need to check manually somewhere to say "Yes, I am okay that my voice may be recorded by others".

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Ah poo poo, really? I recorded like 90% of The Great Horse Race but all I have is my voice and it's just not the same with the constant laughter and explosions. I guess you recorded with your PC or something right? Gotta get me one of those.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Slim Killington posted:

"Watching Lady Gaga run a loving marathon here"

:lol:

I didn't even make the connection - who dropped that? (I was very busy sniping everyone)

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Ah poo poo, really? I recorded like 90% of The Great Horse Race but all I have is my voice and it's just not the same with the constant laughter and explosions. I guess you recorded with your PC or something right? Gotta get me one of those.

Yep! http://www.amazon.co.jp/USB3-0%E6%8.../dp/B00DU0YD5U/

Here you go wee_bairns :haw:

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jan 9, 2015

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

MrLonghair posted:

Here you go wee_bairns :haw:

:lol:
Holy gently caress!

Rat Supremacy
Jul 15, 2007

The custom title is an image and/or line of text that appears below your name in the forums
Goddammit I always miss the horsening

Did anyone get a video

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Rat Supremacy posted:

Goddammit I always miss the horsening

Did anyone get a video

It was well over a half hour...so probably not though I did hear someone say they got the first 15 minutes.

It was set to utility, then for whatever reason skipped the vehicle section screen - it loaded at 1 second and then started the race. So a lot of us got stuck with the first stock vehicle which was awful. I don't even know what it was - it looks like a smaller Zamboni machine.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

I bought this when it first came out, and never really gave online much of a chance before I moved on to another game (because it didn't exist most of the time I played.) I think I hit like level 20 and basically all I did was rob stores and hide in the mountains. I quite liked it.

So I've got it on PS4 and I am loving the online play. I can't drive for poo poo so I skip races but if you've ever been blown up by a proximity mine entering LSC and are then sniped from the roof of it you've probably met me before.

I really love proximity mines.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I was spectating (I didn't get invited :( ) and that was the most bizarre cavalcade of a race I've seen.

Although I did have fun with the few minutes I was on with some of you when I took the armored car and then firetruck out for a spin.

I only end up doing stuff with pubbies, unfortunately.

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jan 9, 2015

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I love you Geeves. That was so much fun. I want to do it again.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Ziploc posted:

I love you Geeves. That was so much fun. I want to do it again.

You must really hate yourself.

Also Lasagna Miracle I will find you and hurt you.

Probably the most fun I've had online was last night, lets do it again sometime.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 9, 2015

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

"My screen won't stop shaking! It's like Michael J. Fox driving."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
"We need more Paul Walker tribute races."

"How about one that goes from point A to point B in a straight line, only point B is just a wall."

"Or a tree."

• Locked thread