Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
PATRICK WILSON IS LOU SOLVERSON.

Also officially joining Kirsten Dunst, Jesse Plemons, and Jeffrey Donovan on Fargo season 2: Ted Danson, Jean Smart, Nick Offerman, Brad Garrett, Bokeem Woodbine, Angus Sampson, and Kieran Culkin. Details on their characters in the link above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Empire had a 3.8 rating in the demo. It will be interesting if they can sustain such monster ratings, because the show itself was not that great. Kevin Reilly is probably smug in his TNT office and plans more musical TV, maybe he will pick up Galavant if ABC drops it.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

GaussianCopula posted:

Empire had a 3.8 rating in the demo. It will be interesting if they can sustain such monster ratings, because the show itself was not that great. Kevin Reilly is probably smug in his TNT office and plans more musical TV, maybe he will pick up Galavant if ABC drops it.

Instead, he'll save Glee from cancellation.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

less laughter posted:

Instead, he'll save Glee from cancellation.

No god dammit let it die, let it diiiieeeeeee

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Discovery is now saying no more fake poo poo.

http://deadline.com/2015/01/discovery-channel-new-chief-rich-ross-fake-documentaries-tca-1201344279/

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

xeria posted:

let it die, let it diiiieeeeeee

That's sung to the tune from Frozen, right?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

xeria posted:

No god dammit let it die, let it diiiieeeeeee

You'll never be free.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sometimes I see a commercial for Glee or someone mentions it and I smile because I suddenly remember that I forgot that show existed.

Freedom is wonderful.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
This is a mod-sanctioned(*) Brett Gelman alert:

Dinner with Family with Brett Gelman and Brett Gelman's Family runs February 13th on Adult Swim.

*("Mod-sanctioned" in terms of "Deadpool adores Brett Gelman so I'm taking this opportunity to kiss up and score points.")

DivisionPost fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jan 9, 2015

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

DivisionPost posted:

PATRICK WILSON IS LOU SOLVERSON.

Also officially joining Kirsten Dunst, Jesse Plemons, and Jeffrey Donovan on Fargo season 2: Ted Danson, Jean Smart, Nick Offerman, Brad Garrett, Bokeem Woodbine, Angus Sampson, and Kieran Culkin. Details on their characters in the link above.

Holy poo poo I was hype as hell about season 2 based solely off of season 1 but THAT loving CAST.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Z-Nation hits Netflix today :dance:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yo this week's PoI was p loving swell

P loving swell, guys

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Told ya.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I think NBC wants you to learn about Jesus or something. Or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MSO8meL1sE

This could go terribly wrong or be halfway decent. But it's NBC, so let's not give them the benefit of the doubt.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Looks like a crappy GoT metoo instead of a weird alternate history/modern day mashup like Kings was.

Man Kings was good. The lead was not so great, but Ian McShane and Creepy as gently caress Adult Macually Culkin(sp? the home alone kid) were amazing.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Sober posted:

This could go terribly wrong or be halfway decent. But it's NBC, so let's not give them the benefit of the doubt.

Not to get too hyperbolic but this looks like the most amazing thing that has ever happened and Christians are going to hate it so much. I do object to the fact that Gaius Baltar appears to be in it but is NOT playing Jesus.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think it could have been interesting if it didn't have any supernatural elements and was just about the apostles trying to decide what to do in the early days of the religion.

IRQ posted:

Looks like a crappy GoT metoo instead of a weird alternate history/modern day mashup like Kings was.

Man Kings was good. The lead was not so great, but Ian McShane and Creepy as gently caress Adult Macually Culkin(sp? the home alone kid) were amazing.

Its funny, the guy who was the lead on Kings is now the lead on Dominion, where he plays a messianic religious figure.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 9, 2015

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

muscles like this? posted:

Its funny, the guy who was the lead on Kings is now the lead on Dominion, where he plays a messianic religious figure.

I knew that sense of blandness seemed familiar!

I quit Dominion after like 3 eps, did they get back to cool angel fights or was it more politics?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was kind of half and half. Although eventually the main character got the ability to cast out angel possession.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

IRQ posted:

I'm still pissed about Kings because the second season they sat up would've been loving fantastic. Macaulay Culkin was also surprisingly great in it, too.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The main bland guy sucked and looked like Hitler youth.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Mu Zeta posted:

Yeah, he was the worst part of the show because he had to be impossibly virtuous and perfect which sucked. He was okay in his scenes with McShane but that was mostly because McShane was carrying them and chewing on every bit of the scenery.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Mu Zeta posted:

I was going to say a hipster, but these days the difference is subtle.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

That rumored Wet Hot American Summer Netflix series is officially a go. And they're apparently bringing back virtually the entire cast, including the likes of Amy Poehler, Paul Rudd, Bradley Cooper, and Elizabeth Banks.

http://www.avclub.com/article/original-cast-returns-wet-hot-american-summer-seri-213670

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I wish I 'got' that movie because I would be so excited right now. Unfortunately I thought it was real bad

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't really get any of the David Wain movies. I really like The State though but I haven't seen that since I was a kid so it might have aged badly. They Came Together is so bad and goes on for so long.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Bown posted:

I wish I 'got' that movie because I would be so excited right now. Unfortunately I thought it was real bad

Mu Zeta posted:

I don't really get any of the David Wain movies. I really like The State though but I haven't seen that since I was a kid so it might have aged badly. They Came Together is so bad and goes on for so long.

It's like "I get it... it's just not that funny"

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

WHAS is an amazingly hilarious movie, and Stella is one of my favorite TV comedies ever, so I'm pretty excited for this.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Amazon asked me to watch one of their upcoming pilots as part of the Amazon Previews program. I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to say or not, but I will say that the show was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be--except for the extensive amounts of full frontal nudity. So, uh, there's that.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
So tomorrow starts the Lets Watch the Sopranos thread with the very first episode. There were 5-10 people who posted in the thread how they'd be up for watching the show for the first time and a couple others just interested in re-watching the series and discussing. I'd like for every episode to have at least 5 people watching it for the first time and sharing their thoughts on the episode with no knowledge of what comes next.

Here's the no spoilers thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689323

And here's the Sopranos general discussion thread, going strong since 2008

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2773659

Rather then 2-3 episodes a week for most show watches I set up the schedule for the same days as the original season aired. Given the insane amount of stuff going on in the show and the massive amounts of speculation and chat the show generated in magazines, newspapers, and water cooler chat (the internet was much smaller in '99) I think a full week to obsess over details, themes, single frame shots of something interesting, etc should be enough. If enough people participate I figure we can start season 2 a few weeks after we finish season 1. I kind of expect most people starting fresh to end up binging the show once they're hooked though.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Sophia posted:

Not to get too hyperbolic but this looks like the most amazing thing that has ever happened and Christians are going to hate it so much. I do object to the fact that Gaius Baltar appears to be in it but is NOT playing Jesus.

It's being by the same people who did The Bible mini-series, so it looks like a pretty blatant attempt by NBC to get some Christians to watch one of their shows. Judging by the preview and the makers past history, it's probably going to be as faithful as it can to the bible.

That doesn't mean it will be bad, but I doubt it's going to be taking too many risks beyond filling in some of the blanks in the bible.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

thrakkorzog posted:

It's being by the same people who did The Bible mini-series, so it looks like a pretty blatant attempt by NBC to get some Christians to watch one of their shows. Judging by the preview and the makers past history, it's probably going to be as faithful as it can to the bible.

That doesn't mean it will be bad, but I doubt it's going to be taking too many risks beyond filling in some of the blanks in the bible.
I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings are terrible compared to the Bible miniseries, in part because conservative America thinks NBC is the liberal devil and also because "Hey, it's on the History Channel, let's affirm our belief in the truth of scripture!"

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

pentyne posted:

So tomorrow starts the Lets Watch the Sopranos thread with the very first episode. There were 5-10 people who posted in the thread how they'd be up for watching the show for the first time and a couple others just interested in re-watching the series and discussing. I'd like for every episode to have at least 5 people watching it for the first time and sharing their thoughts on the episode with no knowledge of what comes next.

Sopranos? Not really into singing shows myself.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would of thought for sure you'd be into musicals

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Sober posted:

I hope there's a #BLINDSIDE on screen when the big J gets crucified.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
I had time to finish the last season of Borgia on Netflix and that poo poo was so good. Never thought I'd get all emotional and poo poo over Cesare Borgia, but Mark Ryder was so amazing as him and the finale did the character so much justice.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

thrakkorzog posted:

Well I'm not of the faith myself, but I'm adjacent by birth, and the level of militarization / guerrilla insurgence they're alluding to in the disciples (as entirely realistic as it probably was) isn't going to set well with the ones around here. Granted that Christians aren't even close to a same-thinking homogeneous group of people, I think a lot of them will be fine with the stuff having to do with Jesus, but maybe not so much the representation of the early church as some kind of rebel resistance against Rome. But I've been wrong before!

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

This isn't the first time NBC has tackled Jesus, FWIW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Rocksicles posted:

I would of thought for sure you'd be into musicals

As a brown person, musicals are my Charlie Hebdo.

Galavant is an exception because Omundson is great.

• Locked thread