Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Some of those comments are amazing...

"Elisa Baker OMG got in trouble for these niggas ans don't even know them fine rear end niggas wish I did! !!!" -some white girl
"Shahab Roberson Maaan Bridge u should chevk me out lite skiiiiiinnn" -huh?
"Anton Hängröv Henricson why does he have a penis on his cap?.." -keen eyes there, Anton

Dudley posted:

GP2 and GP3 are the de facto "minor leagues" of F1 these days. They run almost exclusively on the same weekends as F1. GP2 is (as you might guess) above GP3.

Lewis and Nico both reached F1 after winning GP2. Valteri and Danil Kyvat both skipped there from GP3.

F2 and F3 are essentially the same thing but run by the FIA whereas GPx is Bernie led.

F2 no longer exists due to lack of interest. F3 runs as a european and several national series, the cars are effectively a level below GP3.

Thanks for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Dudley posted:

GP2 and GP3 are the de facto "minor leagues" of F1 these days. They run almost exclusively on the same weekends as F1. GP2 is (as you might guess) above GP3.

Lewis and Nico both reached F1 after winning GP2. Valteri and Danil Kyvat both skipped there from GP3.

F2 and F3 are essentially the same thing but run by the FIA whereas GPx is Bernie led.

F2 no longer exists due to lack of interest. F3 runs as a european and several national series, the cars are effectively a level below GP3.

That makes sense now, thanks.
I love that Bernie has his own series competing against the FIA.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Der Kyhe posted:

So FIA basically made the bold decision that a series that no longer exists because nobody cares is better experience for F1 candidates than Formula E?

Even if Formula E is slow compared to F1, their specs are absolutely comparable to the Formula 3 cars.

As Daveh says they want to relaunch it themselves, they don't have any love for GP2 and 3 as they're not FIA. See also the screwing of WSR in the rankings.

The previous F2 was sanctioned by them but wasn't run by the FIA but by Motorsport Vision (Who own Brands Hatch and several other UK circuits and happen to be owned by Jonathan "Dad of Jolyon" Palmer)

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Daveh posted:

They're bringing it back. It's Domenicali's main focus in his new role as the FIA's President of the Single Seater Commission.

Now watch as they make it yet another spec series with zero media attention.

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.

Dudley posted:

The previous F2 was sanctioned by them but wasn't run by the FIA but by Motorsport Vision (Who own Brands Hatch and several other UK circuits and happen to be owned by Jonathan "Dad of Jolyon" Palmer)

Shockingly, Jolyon Palmer was one of the drivers in the initial season of the previous F2, having previously been driving in Formula Palmer Audi. No, I am not joking, that used to be a thing. Similar to F3 in spec, not so much in talent levels.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://www.lego.com/en-us/speedchampions/teaser

Guys I think I need to buy these.

Though will they have a lego miniature figure of Kimi included? I must know this.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
I got a Lego F1 car for christmas, the thing's two feet long. It's fantastic.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Seems about as aerodynamically efficient as the real life F14T.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://www.lego.com/en-us/speedchampions/teaser

Guys I think I need to buy these.

Though will they have a lego miniature figure of Kimi included? I must know this.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Someone actually did one of him driving with Lotus.

I would have bought it, if not for the fact it was like..59 dollars.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dudley posted:

As Daveh says they want to relaunch it themselves, they don't have any love for GP2 and 3 as they're not FIA. See also the screwing of WSR in the rankings.

I hate to defend Bernie here but GP2 has done better job of nurturing talent than F3000 ever managed.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Totally.

But it's the FIA screwing it over not me :)

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

Dudley posted:

Memorable only for killing Henry Surtees and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaC3OKZ-FkI

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I got this set when it came out.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Racers-Ferrari-Victory-8168-/181635586571

Lego Kimi and Felipe!

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Kimi looks beady eyed and chubby... Is "Flag Man" wearing a tie?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I had a Lego F1 grid set when I was about 9 years old and it was my favourite toy.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

CratSock posted:

Flag man is obviously Psy.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

CratSock posted:

If flag man had a white wig he'd look like Bernie.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dudley posted:

that last bit is pretty ridiculous as FR3.5 has produced talent on par with GP2 in recent seasons

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

CratSock posted:

The Flag Man looks like a Bond villain.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

gret posted:

The Flag Man looks like a Bond villain.

Like I said...

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Linedance posted:

Like I said...

But James Bond wouldn't be able to outsmart or kill Bernie.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Remember the time Justin Wilson won F3000 and nobody have him a ride?

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

be nice wicka posted:

that last bit is pretty ridiculous as FR3.5 has produced talent on par with GP2 in recent seasons

They've ranked GP2 as better than IndyCar which is apparently only equivalent to FIA F3. It's straight up trolling everyone who isn't the FIA.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Human Grand Prix posted:

Remember the time Justin Wilson won F3000 and nobody have him a ride?

Mostly because he was too tall to fit in any of the cars.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Two greats and a fraud.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

We need to bring back Stopwatch Watchers in Shoulder Shawls

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Alain Post posted:

Two greats and a fraud.

Is it bad that I recognised Damon ahead of the other two

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
Some of you old fucks may appreciate this.

A Accelerate
Z Brake
< Left
> Right

Type whatever you want when it asks for the manual check.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Also T to turn the texture road off because it'll gently caress your PC right in the rear end.

F1-F6 to turn off the aids, at least turn off autobrake (f1)

and G to see who is in front of and behind you.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Hope you've all done your Fanboost voting!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is there supposed to be sound?

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Cojawfee posted:

Is there supposed to be sound?

Just in DJ Squires car

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

IT'S JUST SQUIRE

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Woo hoo, made it for the formula e.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Weren't they at this track last time

And the time before that

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
Formula E seems to have been created to gently caress with Quick Nick Hiedfeld

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Formula E really is something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
That was a great race. This shouldn't work, but it loving does. It's massively entertaining.

• Locked thread