Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I nominate "TNA: Organic Nuggets Of Reality" for the Feb thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

TNA: None of us had expectations

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

TNA: A new season. A reshuffling.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

TNA: I haven't seen it because I was too busy. Small parts.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
TNA: A half-page ad in USA Today

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

TNA: looks like something a bird left on my car

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
how the gently caress does the owner of the company not have time to watch their flagship tv show

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Spermgod posted:

how the gently caress does the owner of the company not have time to watch their flagship tv show

I thought she said she watches it 4-5 times. It's EVERY OTHER PROMOTION she never watches.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
WWE hired TNA alumni like Sting and RVD

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Spermgod posted:

She couldn't be bothered attending Bound For Glory either.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Television is changing. We made some changes. Made some changes last summer. Holding off on more changes. Subtle changes coming. Announcing changes. We have to make a change. Social media changed everything. Can change.

I love the fact that she still has no idea what to call her company. "I think it will become clear over time"

And I vote for "Organic Nuggets of Reality"

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Onmi posted:

I thought she said she watches it 4-5 times. It's EVERY OTHER PROMOTION she never watches.

She's just taking the approach of her most loyal fanbase. Dixie is Nom de Plume :tinfoil:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Also, I like how Wade had to interrupt her before she answered the "Why should someone start watching again after they stopped years ago?" question by telling her not to mention production at all. She wouldn't stop going on about the loving lighting. And I'm sure keeping the audience dark was a creative decision.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

when will she stop with the "lots of room for growth" nonsense on a channel that nobody gets, with a ratings ceiling they couldn't even get close to on their premier episode? let the half a million viewers you pissed away go and maybe just try to make some decent tv.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I also appreciate her claim that "Every single person gets Destination America if they want it. All you have to do is call your cable provider and ask for the channel. Everybody is capable of getting it"

So the reason that it's only available in 40% of homes in the US is because people haven't been calling Comcast to demand they have it?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I have Destination America and can attest that people not watching TNA has nothing to do with not have DA.

The show sucks

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I was watching the Premier League on NBCSN and there was an advertisement for Impact Wrestling, premiering on its new home this Friday.

But... it's Saturday :psyduck:.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I also appreciate her claim that "Every single person gets Destination America if they want it. All you have to do is call your cable provider and ask for the channel. Everybody is capable of getting it"

So the reason that it's only available in 40% of homes in the US is because people haven't been calling Comcast to demand they have it?

So what Dixie is saying is that people can bootstrap their way into watching TNA?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Sky Shadowing posted:

I was watching the Premier League on NBCSN and there was an advertisement for Impact Wrestling, premiering on its new home this Friday.

But... it's Saturday :psyduck:.

It's going to be on Friday after debuting on a Wednesday. It's the FRIDAY debut.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Grendels Dad posted:

So what Dixie is saying is that people can bootstrap their way into watching TNA?

Just like she...did...

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

If you combine both the number of people that watched it on El Rey with the number of people that watched it on UniMás, the most recent episode of Lucha Underground likely got more viewers than TNA did.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Spermgod posted:

In fairness I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to be too busy for a couple of days to watch something, even if it is part of their job.

On the other hand the WK9 discussion makes it pretty obvious that Dixie isn't a wrestling fan and doesn't have much interest in watching wrestling.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

The reaction to the bump seems to be a bit overplayed. The bump was most likely the method to write him off the UK TNA shows/tapings so it had to be dangerous looking.

HE loving BOUNCED.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
That was a terrible idea for a spot because I'm pretty sure there is no way to protect yourself falling 10 foot onto steal steps for a tiny crowd with an all time tiny TV audience. Write him out with a steel chair and a concussion scare. Don't ask him to do that stupid spot.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

HE loving BOUNCED.

You are trying to explain something to rovert. This is already a futile effort

WeaponX posted:

when will she stop with the "lots of room for growth" nonsense on a channel that nobody gets, with a ratings ceiling they couldn't even get close to on their premier episode? let the half a million viewers you pissed away go and maybe just try to make some decent tv.

If they do that, what the gently caress do they have left? They're never getting a 1.0 again. They might never even get a .6 again. They burned their bridge with one of the only stations that was willing to even air wrestling anymore, and did so over a guy who was already toxic enough to get himself canned from one company and sunk another. They might never have a crowd of 1000 paid fans in the US ever again. They had a full day of programming and couldn't even get half a million total viewers. They've lost half their roster. And they've never made a profit. Hope for growth to at least a .5 and maybe decent PPV numbers when they actually have them is all they have left.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

In fairness I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to be too busy for a couple of days to watch something, even if it is part of their job.

On the other hand the WK9 discussion makes it pretty obvious that Dixie isn't a wrestling fan and doesn't have much interest in watching wrestling.

It's pretty unreasonable someone wouldn't have time to watch the most important thing their company has put on in months.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

HulkaMatt posted:

It's going to be on Friday after debuting on a Wednesday. It's the FRIDAY debut.

Ahh, then that does make sense, I thought it was shown near-live on Wednesday, then replayed yesterday to get people used to the new timeslot.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I think its utterly incompetent planning that not only wasn't Dixie on hand on Wednesday but neither was the primary TNA director David Sahadi because he was in Nashville overseeing some business. The idea that TNA and Dixie couldn't schedule its other business on any day OTHER than the day they debut on Destination America and come back from like a 3 month purgatory is kind of mind blowing in its dysfunction.

But if we assume Dixie had business she HAD to do on Wednesday than I don't find it too ridiculous that she didn't get a chance to watch it in the next day or whatever before the interview. She should have found the time and like I said it speaks to some massive dysfunction, but time is a bitch.

But I think the more telling aspect of that is that when you take "I haven't watched Impact yet" with "I have no real interest to watch WK9 but I'm sure people in my company have seen it" it just screams "I don't like wrestling and don't much care to watch it." Which is probably a pretty damning thing since you'd assume that in the decade or whatever she's been doing this she'd develop SOME interest in it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, I think its utterly incompetent planning that not only wasn't Dixie on hand on Wednesday but neither was the primary TNA director David Sahadi because he was in Nashville overseeing some business. The idea that TNA and Dixie couldn't schedule its other business on any day OTHER than the day they debut on Destination America and come back from like a 3 month purgatory is kind of mind blowing in its dysfunction.

But if we assume Dixie had business she HAD to do on Wednesday than I don't find it too ridiculous that she didn't get a chance to watch it in the next day or whatever before the interview. She should have found the time and like I said it speaks to some massive dysfunction, but time is a bitch.

But I think the more telling aspect of that is that when you take "I haven't watched Impact yet" with "I have no real interest to watch WK9 but I'm sure people in my company have seen it" it just screams "I don't like wrestling and don't much care to watch it." Which is probably a pretty damning thing since you'd assume that in the decade or whatever she's been doing this she'd develop SOME interest in it.

It is unreasonable the president of a company who is relaunching their brand could not find time to watch their relaunch.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i mean you have sinclair higher ups at roh shows and i bet they don't give a flying gently caress about prowres. i can't think of a single owner/promoter that wouldn't be at their big launch show or at least watch it before giving an interview.

lmao at all of us really trying to analyze this dumb dumb dumb mickey mouse org.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

i mean you have sinclair higher ups at roh shows and i bet they don't give a flying gently caress about prowres. i can't think of a single owner/promoter that wouldn't be at their big launch show or at least watch it before giving an interview.

lmao at all of us really trying to analyze this dumb dumb dumb mickey mouse org.
Yeah, reading this stuff actually reminded me of some of the interviews that Cornette has given about the dysfunction in ROH with Sinclair and what led to him quitting/being fired/whatever. Its just genuinely head scratching that in the last 3 months or whatever that TNA has been in this whole "retooling/not quite dead" phase that they didn't do the necessary work to make sure all important personal were on hand on Wednesday.

Its almost got me wondering if Dixie is really terribly involved with the product at all beyond the business side of things. But the idea that maybe she wasn't there because she wasn't interval is kind of blown to bits when I read that their director wasn't there for their "live" debut. That's just bizarre incompetence.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gonzo McFee posted:

That was a terrible idea for a spot because I'm pretty sure there is no way to protect yourself falling 10 foot onto steal steps for a tiny crowd with an all time tiny TV audience. Write him out with a steel chair and a concussion scare. Don't ask him to do that stupid spot.

I don't think you have to ask Jeff Hardy to do spots like that

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I HOPE that wasn't the planned spot. It looks like Hardy legitimately slips and crotches himself and seems out of it when Storm clocks him and he just falls. I have no idea what the planned spot could have been or if it could have been a safer form of that but it sure looked like that got screwed up.

Maybe Hardy was supposed to be on the top of the cage and just have more control of where he fell? Hell, I have no idea. That looks insane.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

"That's what happens when there's only two major promotions"

Even if you want to ignore the major overseas promotion that's trying to break into the market and is pushing your most notable internally developed wrestler as a major star, they're far, far closer to ROH than they are to WWE.

I know it's difficult to get good estimations due to the myriad channels and timeslots ROH's TV is broadcast on, but don't they break 300k nationally?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

HE loving BOUNCED.

No poo poo.

He's Jeff Hardy. You could do a listicle on 20 worse Jeff Hardy bumps than that one.

Chris James 2 posted:

You are trying to explain something to rovert. This is already a futile effort

What a silly post. I was the first person on this forum to bring up the obvious what happens every year UK thing. But man falling is outside of my comprehension. Good one.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Don't go this route, thanks.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

HulkaMatt posted:

Don't go this route, thanks.

Cool. Just that post was childish and non-constructive. Understand more than most here.

Thauros posted:

I know it's difficult to get good estimations due to the myriad channels and timeslots ROH's TV is broadcast on, but don't they break 300k nationally?

Cornette said a 1 million. There was an annual report once that said the first airing of ROH gets 283k or something along those lines. The shows airs in numerous timeslots and multiple times in some markets. So obviousy that all adds up.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Honestly though, does anyone in the 18-35 demographic even read a newspaper today? This is just Ole Anderson levels of being "out of touch" right here.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sometimes I'm taking a bus or a train and am really bored so I buy a newspaper? You know, if none of the 100 magazines at the newstand doesn't draw my interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HE loving BOUNCED.

LIKE A TNA PAYDAY

Am not surprised Dixie doesn't watch wrestling at all. It makes so much sense.

• Locked thread