Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
For a dude who's currently at 7/11 votes to lynch (after voting yourself), you're being pretty loving melodramatic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

merk posted:

Like, the Chic case is so much better than any other case made so far in this game that I'm bored that people wave over it as "bad" with """bad""" reasons. That single Dugong post I quoted is 10000% a scum post and it got waved over as me not analyzing the guy's body of work.

Offhand, It makes more sense that chic misremembered than that she was fabricating/twisting something maLiciously abs hoping no one would check, especially in light of her acknowledgement thereof and re making the case without the faulty point.

That isn't a terrible reason to dislike your case

Did you ever make any effort explaining what about dugong's post was scummy?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

merk (7): Byers2142, Chic Trombone, Pinterest Mom, Winged Orpheus, Rarity, Allen Wren, merk
fiery_valkyrie (2): Byers2142, KhyrosFinalCut, Your Personal Muse, Byers2142
Your Personal Muse (1): Ernie.
Ernie. (0): Byers2142, Byers2142
Dugong (0): merk, merk
Pinterest Mom (0): Rarity, Rarity
Chic Trombone (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (9): Amoeba102, Asiina, Dugong, EXAKT Science, fiery_valkyrie, HiipFire, Little Mac, Tremendous Taste, uranus

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 11th, 2015 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

:siren:zzyzx replaces EXAKT Science:siren:!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I forgot I replaced into this 🙇🙇🙇

Readthrough in the AM

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I posted that from my phone not having previewed the last 6 posts so I didn't see merk being a complete tool and self voting. I've since gone back and reread merk and chic more thoroughly and I stand by my earlier statement.

Especially in the context of a follow on to Ernie, I think that it's much more plausible chic half/mis-remembered the exact circumstances and honestly thought Ernie was on to something, than that she took the opportunity to bandwagon without checking it out in more detail, especially since it was her game. I'd give ernie cred as scum for pushing that case disingenuously, but he hasn't stuck with it even as you've picked up steam so... it seems as/more likely an honest thought as anything else from his POV too.

I find it a little odd you never remarked on how this reflects on ernie when you've made it a cornerstone of your chic case, you never responded to somber asking about this, either.

I don't want to vote merk because I don't think he's likely scum, but will vote him to get rid of him being a tool if we can't get someone better rolling, like FV. The chic case is not as good as he thinks it is.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRR
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

t

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
how bout those seahawks

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
gunna win two superballs in a row

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
did bowmore do a football mafia this year?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Hello!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
hello friend. i applaud you for your service to this thread

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
so uh whats up. i gave up on chess it didnt grab me. go 4 lyfe

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
no one is here i guess i'll drink alone :'(

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
anyone in this thread play me at go and if you win you get my vote for the rest of the game. i'll give you a 9 stone handicap if you havent played.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Hello Merk is not scum!

Byers is though ! ##vote byers

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

KFC, I'd love to debate the reason the case was effective, but I don't want to distract right now from the reaction it warranted from f_v or the overall scumminess of f_v's play this game. Remind me after the game to come back to this, because while it's interesting to me I'm not sure it's relevant right now.

Like this is point number one this is so fake it's unreal. Full context : Byers then wastes two posts discussing omgusing with merk

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Byers2142 posted:

Seems scummy, but less than you and f_v. Put him and Rarity in the next tier down in my list, with him above Rarity at this point.

This is so intentionally obtuse when asked about dugong that it has to be from a scum perspective. Full context : it's in response to merk right after byers voted him making this post motivated by not giving merk a chance to look better

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

[quote="Byers2142" post=""440003717"]But if you make a bad case on merk when he's scum, he tends to get aggravated that he was pressured for the wrong reasons. If you look at his post-mortems in games, he will continue to point out flaws in bad cases/guesses made against him even when they inadvertently outed him.
[/quote]

This is not relevant to anything at all. But if you look at the logic it's circular and all wrong. If the case is bad and aggravating merk he'd be angry either way considering if he's town he also knows the case is wrong.......

This post is just motivated by rushing the vote.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

uranus posted:

anyone in this thread play me at go and if you win you get my vote for the rest of the game. i'll give you a 9 stone handicap if you havent played.

i haven't played go in years but i'm dtp

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I calmed down a bit and am back.

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Did you ever make any effort explaining what about dugong's post was scummy?

Dugong posted:

the other games i have played i have been quite rightly been called just saying "i dont like this" rather than actually voting. I feel more sure about YPM being 3rd non-town than any of the 3 leaders.

fv is uranus and YPM just going ham. Already mentioned but then there is Somber's weird comment on uranus.

Merk hosed up a vig. I wish he had saved it for the end of the day so it be used as a pseudo lynch when risk of no lynch is possible but I don't think that's a mafia tell, it just was less thoughtful than it should have been.

Somber throws me off. I like that they just questioned a lot of people's actions early on but then they say that they would vote for anyone and I interpret it as scrambling.

##vote Somberbrero

I explained this in my original post where I voted Dugong, but please read this quoted post a few times.

His analysis of me is nonsensical.
His analysis of somberbrero is nonsensical.
He is scum analyzing a town/town lynch decision. The content is completely fake feeling, sounding, and there's no logic to it at all.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Ernie. posted:

This is not relevant to anything at all. But if you look at the logic it's circular and all wrong. If the case is bad and aggravating merk he'd be angry either way considering if he's town he also knows the case is wrong.......

This post is just motivated by rushing the vote.

I feel like Byers spent a lot of posts setting up a vote on me. When he came into the game, there are multiple posts where he gets a weird ping on me and then says he wants to believe I'm town. He put a lot of effort into publicly building up his read. He's probably #4 in my would lynch list.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

merk posted:

I calmed down a bit and am back.

I explained this in my original post where I voted Dugong, but please read this quoted post a few times.

His analysis of me is nonsensical.
His analysis of somberbrero is nonsensical.
He is scum analyzing a town/town lynch decision. The content is completely fake feeling, sounding, and there's no logic to it at all.

Thank you -- I did go back e and catch that you covered this briefly against dugong. I wish it wasn't the weekend because I want more contributions from him and like well, a ton of players, so it didn't feel as much like a lurker lynch.

I'm torn about ernie's push on byers.

Ernie. posted:

Like this is point number one this is so fake it's unreal. Full context : Byers then wastes two posts discussing omgusing with merk
I gave Byers town cred for the post referenced because it felt intellectually honest and pro town to talk at all about the fact that he disagrees with how I came to my conclusion but not distract the whole game by diving into it.

The rest of it I can only half see. -- Byers reacting to Merk's question about dugong is actually feeling like a reasonable catch. That said.

merk posted:

I feel like Byers spent a lot of posts setting up a vote on me. When he came into the game, there are multiple posts where he gets a weird ping on me and then says he wants to believe I'm town.

I feel like I've had this thought process about you in other games,, though. So I'm not at all persuaded that this is a scumtell.

I could get on board with Dugong, though.

No one else thinks the initial fishing thoughts on FV nor the wildly overly defensive reaction thereafter is telling?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Pinterest Mom posted:

i haven't played go in years but i'm dtp

your on, challenge me:

https://online-go.com/user/view/59605

set handicap to whatever you feel is fair, or even whatever

I WILL DESTROY YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
what's go like? never played it

sounds dumb

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

uranus posted:

your on, challenge me:

https://online-go.com/user/view/59605

set handicap to whatever you feel is fair, or even whatever

I WILL DESTROY YOU

10k :wth:

i'm gonna get destroyed

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

HiipFire posted:

what's go like? never played it

sounds dumb

it is a dumb game for nerds and losers, the pieces dont even move like wtf!

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

uranus posted:

hello friend. i applaud you for your service to this thread

Up to page 14ish and you've got surprisingly good taste in scotch. Other impressions to follow as events warrant.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

I think merk's town and Chic is a good scum pick. I've thought that from Somber's initial read, really, which is one of the reasons I figured he'd (Somber) flip town as well.

##vote Chic

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

zzyzx posted:

Up to page 14ish and you've got surprisingly good taste in scotch. Other impressions to follow as events warrant.

I switched to bourbon. Support America.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ernie. posted:

Hello Merk is not scum!

Byers is though ! ##vote byers

Why dis doe

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ok i read it and don't buy it but I Do think it's sincere

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Merk was acting pissy like when he gets caught as scum but he's cooled down. Would vote but that's more out of value of potentially removing a maybe scum merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
meta

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yep

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Sorry had a minor family issue. Reading in the car

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

merk posted:

I switched to bourbon. Support America.

Most scotch is aged in ex bourbon casks so you're still supporting the US with scotch.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Juanito replaces Hiipfire!

Any people found to be lurking horribly from here on out are going to simply be :siren:MODKILLED:siren:. Please do not lurk to the point that I have to do that!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

merk (7): Byers2142, Chic Trombone, Pinterest Mom, Winged Orpheus, Rarity, Allen Wren, merk
fiery_valkyrie (2): Byers2142, KhyrosFinalCut, Your Personal Muse, Byers2142
Byers2142 (1): Ernie.
Chic Trombone (1): merk, merk, zzyzx
Ernie. (0): Byers2142, Byers2142
Your Personal Muse (0): Ernie., Ernie.
Dugong (0): merk, merk
Pinterest Mom (0): Rarity, Rarity

Not Voting (8): Amoeba102, Asiina, Dugong, fiery_valkyrie, Juanito, Little Mac, Tremendous Taste, uranus

With 19 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 11th, 2015 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

To byers: my YPM vote was too late. In other games I've flailed around and not given opinions on players. In other games I've stayed until the later days. probably because I haven't made an impact. then been voted out because I've been seen as a lurker. Im trying to be more aggressive. I don't really see what else there is to this.

I thought YPM was scum by the end of day 1. It annoys me that someone else said YPM wasn't worth looking at. I thought somber was an ok target but I was wrong

• Locked thread