Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
seriously what do people like about it at all it's fre*king terrible in every way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Epic jokes and amazing times shared with friends in co-op.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Pewdiepie posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

even bad games can be fun, sometimes, op. I hope this helps you on your gaming journey

Xmas Dumpster Fire
May 29, 2001

Sub-Actuality posted:

even bad games can be fun, sometimes, op. I hope this helps you on your gaming journey

thsi is the only nice thing that can be said about BOREderlands

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Handsome Jack is the best villain because I would like to kill him very much. Few games really instill that kind of ire in me.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

epic memes, and great writing from Anthony Burch who isn't afraid to push the boundaries of videogame story telling

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
i mean shooting the bad mans and then having them fall down feels like a chore because you need a new gun every level (which will probably suck)

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
it's an fps loot game, why are you surprised by its success?

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
its fun with friends and

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

it's an fps loot game, why are you surprised by its success?

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Anatharon posted:

i mean shooting the bad mans and then having them fall down feels like a chore because you need a new gun every level (which will probably suck)

that's really only a serious problem in BL2 and the pre sequel. in BL1 weapons could stay effective for 10 levels or more depending on what it is.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Read thread title in Seinfeld voice.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
i agree op. it's terrible poo poo

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I lika the explosion

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Kylra posted:

Handsome Jack is the best villain because I would like to kill him very much. Few games really instill that kind of ire in me.

Ah, *swishes wine around in glass* ire instillery ftw, yes.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

AHungryRobot posted:

that's really only a serious problem in BL2 and the pre sequel. in BL1 weapons could stay effective for 10 levels or more depending on what it is.

i've never tried BL1, maybe i'll give it a shot.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Pewdiepie posted:

amazing times shared with friends in co-op.

also i used a level 8 gun until like level 20 because it was a double anarchy and i was using lilith and it was fun to run around invisible with an autoshotgun

i like when games let you do stupid minmaxing

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I beat 1 and 2 and it's decent as a chatroom but even the characters who are supposed to be tanky die in like 5 seconds.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Pewdiepie posted:

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
Im gonna paly some borederlands: the pre-sequel right now, though sadly none of my friends paly it

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
omfg i forgot how much it pissed me off how all the cahracters speak with retarded aussie accents

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

Borderlands 1 was really cool. I didn't like 2 as much for some reason. It's really really good in co-op, though.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Ah, *swishes wine around in glass* ire instillery ftw, yes.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Hoodrich posted:

omfg i forgot how much it pissed me off how all the cahracters speak with retarded aussie accents

Dude you can play as claptrap in that one.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
I heard he didn't have to deal with the retarded oxygen mechanics, which is something that will serve me through my twilight years

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
more like ire distillery

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Anatharon posted:

i've never tried BL1, maybe i'll give it a shot.

its fun to play with friends, and it was nice because i played it on a console when a friend got it so i "got" it for free

i actually didn't like the second one as much because it felt like they just leaned into the memes instead of actually making the game better or more fun

that said it's a loot-farm-fest and if you're not into that you might not like it!

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
why do people like borderlands but not destiny

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Pookum posted:

why do people like borderlands but not destiny

if you ask me? borderlands never made you grind the same mission a millions times for some legendaries so you could increase your level, and your abilities are actually powerful and can kill poo poo.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Borderlands also has like 5x as much content

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
borderlands had really good game ADHD where you can take like 50 quests and wander off and shoot dudes and accidentally finish them

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my only experience is on vita and it wasn't good.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Anatharon posted:

seriously what do people like about it at all it's fre*king terrible in every way

Okay man. Well, I think that's a topic lock if I ever seen one.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Okay man. Well, I think that's a topic lock if I ever seen one.

fre*king

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Borderlands (PC, PS3, XBOX 360) is an intense hellride through the capital wasteland! Bawoawow *guitar solo*. The world freaking ended dude!!!!! Now you are a Man with a GUN, go out and SURVIVE. If you can. :hehe:

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Nerds are easily amused.

So when some dev comes up with a group of obnoxiously "trying too hard to be funny" wacky batch of characters (starting with Claptrap on down) and decor, the nerds flock to it like they do with any other meme poo poo. Add in simple-cliche-FPS gameplay based around collecting and hoarding (nerds love collecting, y'see), and that's the deal with Borderlands.

Not that it's bad, but it's pure sugar even by video game standards.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Agent Escalus posted:

Nerds are easily amused.

So when some dev comes up with a group of obnoxiously "trying too hard to be funny" wacky batch of characters (starting with Claptrap on down) and decor, the nerds flock to it like they do with any other meme poo poo. Add in simple-cliche-FPS gameplay based around collecting and hoarding (nerds love collecting, y'see), and that's the deal with Borderlands.

Self loathing gamers are the worst.

Sizup
Nov 25, 2008

i for one find memes to be very ftw, fly away troll

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Agent Escalus posted:

Nerds are easily amused.

uuh uhm okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Kylra posted:

Handsome Jack is the best villain because he has a diamond horse named Butt Stallion, which he named after you.

• Locked thread