Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Owner's booth after the call. Chris Christie in the upper right is the funniest poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

justice4trayvawn posted:

the phrase "football move" should not exist in any rule book

in fact how do the browns get any yards when football moves are required

An absolutely dumb term. Bryant even transfers the ball from one arm to another.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
hope this neckbearded gently caress luck wins the whole thing tbh :3:

also im gonna be mad IRL when jj watt is passed over for mvp for a qb

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Me too Mokey :3:

Im alright with a Colts SB win.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
The Colts beating Peyton on the way to the Super Bowl would be pretty great

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Colts are my 2nd choice after the Lions lost

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
All the cowboy's fans moaning about how 'the refs are loving us' is the best. Like 90% of those dudes were saying 'dont blame the refs' last week.

one of my irl friends said the same thing but about the lakers.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Peyton is seriously losing his touch.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

All the cowboy's fans moaning about how 'the refs are loving us' is the best. Like 90% of those dudes were saying 'dont blame the refs' last week.

one of my irl friends said the same thing but about the lakers.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

a fat rude unemployed black man is the perfect eagles fan so this guy gets a pass

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

justice4trayvawn posted:

a fat rude unemployed black man is the perfect eagles fan so this guy gets a pass

EDP is the loving best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR1PmxOFmOc

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
i still think the broncos/packers/patriots have more lovely bandwagon fans than the cowboys lately.....i mean poo poo dawg its been 20 years since dallas won a super bowl

i finally said gently caress it this year and went over to the texans :3:

vains
May 26, 2004

justice4trayvawn posted:

i still think the broncos/packers/patriots have more lovely bandwagon fans than the cowboys lately.....i mean poo poo dawg its been 20 years since dallas won a super bowl

i finally said gently caress it this year and went over to the texans :3:

I think its all regional. Most of the bandwagon fans in DC seem to like the cowboys or steelers due to rivalries.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm excited for the Bears finally. They seem to be realizing that hiring staff from winning organizations (NFL) is smart.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

I think its all regional. Most of the bandwagon fans in DC seem to like the cowboys or steelers due to rivalries.

its a lot weirder up on the east coast because so many teams are so close to each other.....in texas you can pretty much assume a person is a cowboys/texans fan or not from here

vains
May 26, 2004

justice4trayvawn posted:

its a lot weirder up on the east coast because so many teams are so close to each other.....in texas you can pretty much assume a person is a cowboys/texans fan or not from here

You dont mess with texas bro

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

You dont mess with texas bro

Steers and queers XD

lol

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
Lmfao I called the Broncos losing. Peyton has been playing like a turd coming out of a dog's butthole after eating too much grass ever since he broke that TD record.

Luck, on the other hand, has an oddly fitting name for a variety of reasons.

vains
May 26, 2004

good imagery

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Apparently he's super autistic.

quote:

But first, Kynes found himself stretching with Andrew Luck before a morning workout. The future NFL Pro Bowl quarterback had a question for the new walk-on.

"If you were a medieval warrior, what would be your weapon of choice?"

Kynes responded by choosing the mace.

"I would pick the longbow," Luck offered in his own fitting fashion.

quote:

"I am not making this up," says Hasselbeck, who has grown close to Luck. "It was a book on concrete. He was showing it to everyone on the road trip to Cincinnati. He was fascinated."

Said receiver Griff Whalen, a college teammate and friend: "He was on the bus like, 'Did you guys know that Cincinnati was the first (city) to use this or that kind of concrete?' Everyone was like, 'Yeah, whatever. Thanks for that.'

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

holocaust bloopers posted:

Apparently he's super autistic.

hahahah owns

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
http://www.wsj.com/articles/andrew-luck-the-nfls-most-perplexing-trash-talker-1418663249

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I don't know how anyone can not love Luck, he is just so damned earnest.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Peyton manning: best quarterback ever*

* at going 1 and done in the playoffs

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

BRB killing myself.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
facebook feed is filled with people celebrating despite the fact that they never went to OSU

vains
May 26, 2004

Fair amount of celebratory gunfire in Columbus tonight.

Helldump Immunity. posted:

facebook feed is filled with people celebrating despite the fact that they never went to OSU

state cult

None of the highway signs on 70/71 say "THE Ohio State University". Wonder if that pisses anyone off

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
I crave tears.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Honestly of the 4 schools int he final, Ohio was the least obnoxious.

Alabama wasn't even the best SEC team this year and pulled the SEC West trick of powder puffing your schedule to inflate ranking

Oregon played an even easier schedule while managing to get blown the gently caress out at home by Arizona

FSU wasn't terrible but it became very clear that they were just waiting to implode with all the squeaked by wins they got out of their own division,

TCU should be upset because they played a much tougher schedule than the 1 and 2 seeds and got screwed out of contention, but that said Texas schools (which never sounds right in the same sentence) can blow me, so their whining is music to me.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

Honestly of the 4 schools int he final, Ohio was the least obnoxious.

Alabama wasn't even the best SEC team this year and pulled the SEC West trick of powder puffing your schedule to inflate ranking

Oregon played an even easier schedule while managing to get blown the gently caress out at home by Arizona

FSU wasn't terrible but it became very clear that they were just waiting to implode with all the squeaked by wins they got out of their own division,

TCU should be upset because they played a much tougher schedule than the 1 and 2 seeds and got screwed out of contention, but that said Texas schools (which never sounds right in the same sentence) can blow me, so their whining is music to me.

If Ohio State is the least obnoxious school in a 4 school list the other three had better be Schutzstaffel Academy, Caligula University and Notre Dame.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Fucitol posted:

I crave tears.

Genocide Tendency posted:

If Ohio State is the least obnoxious school in a 4 school list the other three had better be Schutzstaffel Academy, Caligula University and Notre Dame.

more

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I got no problem with them winning the NC, especially since they proved that they were at least better than Oregon, FSU and Bama.

But admit it. Their fans suck cock.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Sports are cool because guys on reddit and SA are exchanging notes of coaches on their personal short lists like it actually matters.

quote:

I have Bowles well ahead of Fox, but Fox well ahead of Schwartz or any other candidates I've seen. It was not pretty watching the end of Schwartz up in DET; I do not want that.
Not that I think Bowles is a world-beater and a sure thing, just that he seems like the right rookie to gamble on.

quote:

It seems to be that this is where we're going and it's a shame.
He's not a good HC, adjustments? Well there were none in the playoff game. Yes I get it Peyton was injured, you still can't be stagnant. Further, the fact the Broncos fired him despite Peyton having a major injury is rather telling.
Basically Fox just was a coach who got a good record thanks to one guy but all in all was an average HC At best.
This would be a terrible hire and if Pace can overlook all the red flags then I'm worried a bit but still I like Pace and hope he makes a good choice no matter what It is but I do feel like he's leaning towards Fox.
One thing I will say, if he's leaning towards Fox because of connections in his inner circle and because he's listening to Accorsi who is close friends with Fox and will be bias..then I got to lean towards Pace failing before he began.

quote:

I understand that you are down on Fox right now because you just fired him and the playoff loss put a sour taste in your mouth, but I'm going to disagree. I think Fox is actually the ideal coach for the Bears right now.
You have to understand where we are. We are basically starting over. We have a brand new GM, and almost every vet with any kind of playoff experience is off the roster. We need a proven coach, who knows what he's doing and will create an identity for the Bears. Pairing a rookie GM with a rookie coach is a boom or bust situation. With Fox, at least we'd have a steady hand to guide the ship. Even though it's not flashy, and may not win us any Superbowls, I think it's what we need right now.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Genocide Tendency posted:

But admit it. Their fans suck cock.

people complaining about osu fans gives me a huge boner, so ty.

holocaust bloopers posted:

Sports are cool because guys on reddit and SA are exchanging notes of coaches on their personal short lists like it actually matters.

TFF is full of autists that love the same recycled lovely jokes from a subpar football webcomic on top of FREAKING THE gently caress OUT when their lovely team does predictably lovely. I don't know what portion of them have held the barrel of a pistol inside their mouth at any point in their life, but I'm willing to bet that it's a sizable chunk.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
OSU fans are nowhere near as awful as Alabama, LSU, Notre Dame, University of Arizona or Penn State fans.

I'm also not a huge fan of Florida fans, but thats probably because I'm a UGA fan (We lost all 3 of our rivalry games and murdered everyone else, PS Gurley is over-rated as gently caress)

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Fucitol posted:

people complaining about osu fans gives me a huge boner, so ty.

TFF is full of autists that love the same recycled lovely jokes from a subpar football webcomic on top of FREAKING THE gently caress OUT when their lovely team does predictably lovely. I don't know what portion of them have held the barrel of a pistol inside their mouth at any point in their life, but I'm willing to bet that it's a sizable chunk.

To be fair. This could be said about GiP with America being the team.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
People rooting for schools they never went to. :rolleyes:

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

Spicy Guacamole posted:

People rooting for schools they never went to. :rolleyes:

I went to an Oregon school that has a terrible team and isn't Oregon State. Plus I grew up supporting the Ducks and virtually all Oregonians support Oregon or Oregon State regardless of whether they went there or not.

Not sure why this is weird. vOv It'd be like people supporting pro sports teams even if they aren't in the same state or w/e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

• Locked thread