Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Quidnose posted:

Today I am listening to jazz records! Started with Duke Ellington's Piano Sketches, now I'm listening to Ahmad Jamal Live at Blackhawk. Maybe some Bill Evans next? I'm in a piano jazz mood~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoDJl3vcpgo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I loathe jazz. I don't understand how people enjoy listening to it.

(Why yes I am old and crotchety irl. Why do you ask?)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I can appreciate jazz, but I don't like it either.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Go listen to Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue and get back to me! It has Bill Evans on it.

Seriously though listen to the whole thing there's a reason it is the best selling Jazz album of all time.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
ahhh Alive by Pearl Jam is also one of my 90s favorites

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i've solved the game

pearl jam likers are the scumteam, and they're just brazenly flaunting it atm

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
He's onto us. Abort, abort.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

okay i'm going to look at the four votes currently on people, and i'm going to vote for whoever put down the worst one

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asiina posted:

##vote quidnose

music taste joke

Epsilon Plus posted:

Heh. No, though. ##vote f_v

music taste joke, pearl jam related

Allen Wren posted:

##vote Rascyc

Come on.

music taste joke, video game related

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Get bent.
##vote EP

omgus

##vote fv

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Look up John Cage and you will realize that my vote was 100% justified.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

music taste joke

music taste joke, pearl jam related

music taste joke, video game related

omgus

##vote fv

I'm pretty sure there is a mafia rule that says you can't vote for people who use Futurama quotes.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

Look up John Cage and you will realize that my vote was 100% justified.

dunno seems pretty epic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKdeNv3Rlv0

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

ahahahaha that's hilarious, i gotta show that to my ap music theory class

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

capps what are you listening to tonight :allears:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Quidnose posted:

capps what are you listening to tonight :allears:

http://birdtapes.bandcamp.com/album/the-le-sigh-vol-1

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

franki cosmos is on there i like franki cosmos!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Capps if I had a vig I would give you control of it for posting that video.

I don't though.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Music is cool, but I have way too many podcasts to catch up on. I'm currently listening to Revolutions, and it's a bit dry, but still fun and informative!

As for mafia stuff, my gut still says that it's Clockwork. I think that he was rolefishing, and that's not a cool thing to do.

##vote Clockwork Gadget

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
revolutions is done by the history of rome guy, right?

history of rome was really good

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

mr.capps posted:

revolutions is done by the history of rome guy, right?

history of rome was really good

That's the guy, yeah. He's finally talking about 'Murica, so I can actually have an idea of what he's talking about.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
the only podcast i've ever really listened to is nerdist

since deadline is tomorrow and i've been waffling on whether or not to post this, i don't see any downsides so: fyi there is a scum recruiter or cult in this game

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Kumbamontu posted:

since deadline is tomorrow and i've been waffling on whether or not to post this, i don't see any downsides so: fyi there is a scum recruiter or cult in this game

In light of this information, I think it's possible that the recruiter is a lurker, playing it low key to keep from getting too much shade thrown their direction. Right now, both Rarity and Epsilon Plus are beneath Somber in post count, though that could just be on account of music talk.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

P.S. Only Sondheim has any idea of how to have a musical with decent writing. All other musicals are garbage.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Meinberg posted:

In light of this information, I think it's possible that the recruiter is a lurker, playing it low key to keep from getting too much shade thrown their direction. Right now, both Rarity and Epsilon Plus are beneath Somber in post count, though that could just be on account of music talk.

That's pretty much it. Also I really hate Pearl Jam.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

Meinberg posted:

As for mafia stuff, my gut still says that it's Clockwork. I think that he was rolefishing, and that's not a cool thing to do.

##vote Clockwork Gadget

Fwiw, from my perspective, equating asking what songs are out there to rolefishing is a pretty silly argument, and I think it's a little sketch that you both immediately hopped on it to try to skew it in that way and used it as an excuse to drop a power role softclaim.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
##vote meinberg

"here's me giving really specious reasoning to vote, followed by 2 names that lie in that category, and then a hedge 10 feet tall"

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
he didn't actually vote but the point still stands

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
fwiw my song and role do not appear to be related in any way that is obvious to me at least

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
To further iterate, softclaiming a power role day 1 as town completely unprovoked like you did leads to three possibilities:

1.) you being bad at being a town power role, you legitimately think I am scummy because your role relates to your flavor

2.) you trying to draw night actions as a vanilla town, which makes your argument of rolefishing fall apart because you'd have no role to relate to flavor

3.) you are scum, your role relates to your flavor, and you were hoping that the same extended to other power roles so that you could softpush rolefishing claims to get me lynched.

so basically you are either bad, wrong, or scum.

preview edit: And now you're advocating a glorified lurker lynch. :waycool:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

roles are usually related to flavour in somber games i've played

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
there may be some mountain goats subtext or something i'm missing but i listened and looked up the lyrics to my song and it doesn't seem even a little bit related

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Completely meta, but I've had several discussions with Somber about why you shouldn't relate roles to flavor. It basically broke the Cowboy Bebop game we ran together years back.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
you can do it you just have to be careful and you usually put a disclaimer in the OP stating that revealing your flavor would be A Very Bad Idea

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i ran a game where everyone was a different kind of lizard and the roles were at least tangentially related to the species, it worked out pretty well

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Clockwork Gadget posted:

Completely meta, but I've had several discussions with Somber about why you shouldn't relate roles to flavor. It basically broke the Cowboy Bebop game we ran together years back.

i played in a somber game a month ago where the roles and flavour were aligned :shrug:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Kumbamontu posted:

there may be some mountain goats subtext or something i'm missing but i listened and looked up the lyrics to my song and it doesn't seem even a little bit related

You said your role informed you that there is a recruiter type of role in the game and that your song was Lovecraft in Brooklyn.

A song about xenophobia and paranoia and a role that is aware that there are recruiters out there seems like a pretty simple connection to make.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i didnt think about it that way but yeah i guess you're right, fair enough

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Revealing further roles or flavor would be a Stupid Fukken Idea - take it from a guy who knows one.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah I don't know why we're making all kinds of flavor arguments, who gives a poo poo, let's talk about music until tomorrow and then look at people doing all the scummy poo poo~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
okay

music is pretty good

• Locked thread