Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Finally finished S2 in time for tonight. I love the never ending parade of big scary looking motherfuckers this show brings out to inevitably fistfight with Hood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Goddamn, that was firing on all cylinders. I've never been more hyped to see more of this show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Gunfight and sex scene in the first 5 mins, i've loving missed this show.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:barf: Kai and Rebecca :barf:

So Nola is back and pissed :black101: I wonder if she will work with Chayton or do her own thing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't judge, he's got good tatse

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Rebecca looks different. Maybe it was just the makeup and eyebrows but something about her face looks weird.

loving loved this episode, doubly so because my actual Marine buddy was raging on Facebook about how "no way a dude with a bow takes out so many Marines drat it!"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Hey, we're getting a crossover with NCIS!

Just kidding, but I would hyped for Gibbs and crew to show up to do all their investigations and then get absolutely wrecked during a huge street battle between the Banshee PD and the Red Bones.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Rebecca looks different. Maybe it was just the makeup and eyebrows but something about her face looks weird.

loving loved this episode, doubly so because my actual Marine buddy was raging on Facebook about how "no way a dude with a bow takes out so many Marines drat it!"

It looked like she got the gap in her teeth fixed or something.

Chayton with the bow and arrow was sweet and then Hood with the headshot from the moving car topped it off. I love this show.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I am so glad this show is back. That was awesome.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

LoG posted:

It looked like she got the gap in her teeth fixed or something.

Chayton with the bow and arrow was sweet and then Hood with the headshot from the moving car topped it off. I love this show.

With high quality bows and arrows those things will easily pierce regular body armor. That the soldiers didn't shoot him first as he was calmly walking towards the truck was stupid as hell. Also, for a couple of guys with 9 tours combined they couldn't shoot for poo poo.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
Oh god Kai and Rebecca why?

Nola's back. Sad that she's not a series regular.

Bow and arrow vs Marines? Dead marines. Chayton's basically carrying his little rebellion single handedly, his mooks weren't all that useful.

not-Hood as the Terminator in first 5 minutes was pretty awesome.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Mars4523 posted:

Oh god Kai and Rebecca why?

Nola's back. Sad that she's not a series regular.

Bow and arrow vs Marines? Dead marines. Chayton's basically carrying his little rebellion single handedly, his mooks weren't all that useful.

not-Hood as the Terminator in first 5 minutes was pretty awesome.

Chayton's planning to burn through the Red Bones like pawns for a chance to do something huge.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

pentyne posted:

With high quality bows and arrows those things will easily pierce regular body armor. That the soldiers didn't shoot him first as he was calmly walking towards the truck was stupid as hell. Also, for a couple of guys with 9 tours combined they couldn't shoot for poo poo.

perhaps you're not approaching this show correctly

bou
Aug 3, 2006

my only gripe with this episode is that there was not enough suffering for Emmet-Killer. :commissar: did not satisfy.

Apart from that i feel that all the pieces are now set for the rest of the season becoming all out war between the several groups in town. Do we have now 4 major powers in

1. Hood, with
1a) his Gangstersquad and
1b) the police

2. the Kinaho
2a) Chayton
2b) Nola

3. Military
3a) NCIS
3b) PMC

4. Proctor

?:fedora:

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Of course as soon as I saw fat stacks of cash I knew Hood had to go after it. I would really love to see him fight some Navy SEALs or mercs that are former special ops. Anyway the dude from Judge Dredd looks like he'll probably be a decent sort-of villain.

The entire episode was awesome and I also can't wait for the inevitable, probably one-sided fight between Chayton and Hood where Hood gets his rear end kicked for a majority of the time and still somehow wins.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Have they ever told us about Hood's background? Like it's 3 seasons in and we practically know nothing about his early life.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Niwrad posted:

Have they ever told us about Hood's background? Like it's 3 seasons in and we practically know nothing about his early life.

I think the general consensus is that he was a mercenary or former special operations given a hint or two toward the end of season 2. There was Carrie asking him if he had been in the military, IIRC, and he responded, "Something like that." And one or two of the Origins videos from either season 1 or season 2 show him being arrested and interrogated at the police station, and the cops say they can't find anything on him, like he's a ghost.

Oh and early in the first season, Emmett and Brock are talking about Hood fighting, and Emmett asks Brock, "So you're pissed that our new Sherriff knows how to fight?" and Brock answers, "That wasn't fighting, that was loving combat." Which ended up being one of my favorite lines from the show. Now whether that was ACTUAL foreshadowing and hinting at Hood's past from the observation of a trained eye, or just a line uttered by a dude who isn't too thrilled to not be the sheriff himself and is suspicious of Hood, is anyone's guess.

It's pretty clear that he has some combat training, any way you slice it.

e: Quotes and timelines are paraphrased, obviously. I don't remember what specific episodes in which these things were said.

life is killing me fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 10, 2015

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Thanks to DivisionPost's great thread, I picked up this show. I'm on episode 5 and oh my God Job swearing at the cows :3:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

life is killing me posted:

It's pretty clear that he has some combat training, any way you slice it.

In previous threads people kept arguing that he didn't and we had no proof otherwise despite numerous instances to the contrary.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

In previous threads people kept arguing that he didn't and we had no proof otherwise despite numerous instances to the contrary.

True, there isn't proof. But besides training with Job to be a thief, where else would he learn how to fight? There is clearly a form to his fighting, and he seems trained to me, and thus confident in his ability to win. But it's also true that he could have just been taught by Job to fight and fight dirty.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

True, there isn't proof. But besides training with Job to be a thief, where else would he learn how to fight? There is clearly a form to his fighting, and he seems trained to me, and thus confident in his ability to win. But it's also true that he could have just been taught by Job to fight and fight dirty.

poo poo, now I want to see Hood and Job throw down, just to see who would be more brutal.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

poo poo, now I want to see Hood and Job throw down, just to see who would be more brutal.

I think that Job's character is probably underestimated because he's a transvestite, and the show clearly puts forth that idea in a few scenes. But he seems to have some flashy martial arts skills, which leads me to believe that Job was formally trained in martial arts of some sort.

I'd also love to see that throwdown. At least I'd like to see Hood and Job training together--I wonder if they'd show Job just effortlessly beating Hood

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I think that Job's character is probably underestimated because he's a transvestite, and the show clearly puts forth that idea in a few scenes. But he seems to have some flashy martial arts skills, which leads me to believe that Job was formally trained in martial arts of some sort.

I'd also love to see that throwdown. At least I'd like to see Hood and Job training together--I wonder if they'd show Job just effortlessly beating Hood

When he assaulted the church solo in S2 he really showed how dangerous he could be.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Yeah it sounds like he was trained in something serious. I just think it'd be cool if they delved into that a little bit.

The show is amazing and I'm glad Season 3 is picking up where things left off. They know what the show is about and who their audience is. Banshee rules.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

When he assaulted the church solo in S2 he really showed how dangerous he could be.

I agree, especially when they were about to shoot him and he started kicking rear end and kicked the chair back behind him to hit some dude.

Also in the diner with him cutting some dudes when they made fun of him for being a transvestite.

Lesson: Don't gently caress with Job at all, but especially don't make fun of him being a transvestite.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

I agree, especially when they were about to shoot him and he started kicking rear end and kicked the chair back behind him to hit some dude.

Also in the diner with him cutting some dudes when they made fun of him for being a transvestite.

Lesson: Don't gently caress with Job at all, but especially don't make fun of him being a transvestite.

:swoon:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Well that episode certainly delivered. :suspense:

Also confirms my belief that the only thing more awesome than a scene with Job chewing all the scenery is a scene with Job and Sugar playing off of each other. :3:

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

"Ladies."
"Bitches."

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
i) the military base should have been opposite the Bar that Suger and Hood chill out in.
ii) the oriental guy should've been wearing a dress when doing danger hacking.

Personally the head shot bit was excellent (when Hood with a pistol).

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
We still calling unspecified Asians as Orientals in 2015?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Doesn't read like English is his first language.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Hoon Lee is American, but (I think?) of Korean descent.

"Oriental" sounds like something someone on the white side of my family would say.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
osietra is just a loving idiot, hth.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

We still calling unspecified Asians as Orientals in 2015?

It's still the normal term in the UK - because "Asian" means "from the Indian subcontinent" - different patterns of immigration and all that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Asia has 48 countries. It's pretty considered racist everywhere else.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 13, 2015

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Thank gently caress it's Friday: "Snakes and Whatnot"

quote:

Lucas and Carrie investigate the tunnels under Camp Genoa; Proctor and Rebecca become embroiled in a face-off with rival drug suppliers; Carrie tries to end a relationship with Colonel Douglas Stowe.

10 PM. Godzilla's on Cinemax right now if you want to kill time.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I was strangely hoping Neo-Nazi Keanu Reeves would get to join the BSD. He's so polite and (seemingly) sincere.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
That meeting though... :drat:

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
I really liked Chayton and Nola's talk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Mars4523 posted:

I really liked Chayton and Nola's talk.

"I Am The Tribe" sounds like a dumb thing to say but Chayton really sells it. Everyone this episode (and prehaps the entire show) is dealing with their own tribe. It may be family, hometown or tightly knit crew but it's all pretty much the same.
-Proctor literally steals his mother back from the tribe that exiled him
-Rebecca starts kneecapping fools when they insult her family
-Nola and Carrie greet each other as the lost daughters of their tribe
-Stowe laments the loss of his tribal brothers in Afghanistan
-Gordon and Deva are lost and seeking someone to connect with
-The Florida Nazi who tries to get rid of his old tribe and their tribal markings by coming back to his hometown

• Locked thread