Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Tremendous Taste posted:

What would you say if i told you I know who killed Byers

That it is probably helpful information, especially since you've outed yourself with the soft claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That it is probably helpful information, especially since you've outed yourself with the soft claim.

naw i just went fishing and somebody bit

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Chic Trombone posted:

What did she say about merk and zzyzx in her thoughtspam or did she avoid mentioning them

I mentioned every single player. I will repost my comments tonight when I get home.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

derp why did you choose fv N2? You had been tunneling her since D1 so if you were going to pick her why did you wait until N2?

Also I suppose it's true if you are both confirming it, but that is a strange power, considering night lasted about 12 hours and not the full 24.

i wasnt really paying much attention day 1 and didnt have a clear understanding of what my role was. i picked ernie cause i think im pretty good at reading him and if i could get him to talk id figure him out. also hes a cool guy

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Lo, I've used two day actions already. If you think I have fig beyond that shed a tear for all the vanillas.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

naw i just went fishing and somebody bit

what

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the response "you should vote them because they're scum" depends on either amoeba

1) thinking scum had two kills
2) knowing scum had one kill and X party had another

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh come on

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Ok, let me try and address these points while I eat my breakfast.

1). I care who the player was but I didn't see what asking was going to achieve. I thought it better to be completely honest, reveal what I was thinking, and then see if the anonymous mason person felt comfortable enough to reveal.

2). I gave my thoughts on every player in the game because I had nothing to lose (and was trying to gain trust). I have nothing to lose because I'm town and my flip will vindicate me. When that happens, if the mason was town, he could reveal my thoughts honestly. If he was scum, then it was never going to matter what I said because he was never going to be honest anyway.

3). If you were scum and I was town right now, would you NK me? No, didn't think so.

4). What is suspicious about saying that I hoped the mason was someone I get with and who I think is good at reading me in a one on one setting?

1 and 2. what is blasting a bunch of opinions at me going to achieve when you can just post them in thread the next day if you really wanted to? this only serves as a way to try to 'act town' instead of trying to feel out my alignment and motivations and being suspicious toward me which is what a town player would do

3. whether its true or not is not the point. the fact that you brought it up feels scummy to me. lamist, whatever.

4. thats not the suspicous part. the suspicious part to me is that you would possibly think that i was asina or rarity, who you are friends with and are 'good at reading'

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

derp why did you choose fv N2? You had been tunneling her since D1 so if you were going to pick her why did you wait until N2?

Also I suppose it's true if you are both confirming it, but that is a strange power, considering night lasted about 12 hours and not the full 24.

Also, we didn't even talk for 12 hours. We had about an hour while I was on my lunch break. I was just posting my thoughts down as fast as I could.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

tone and phrasing matters :sun:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

anyway ##vote amoeba

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

uranus posted:

1 and 2. what is blasting a bunch of opinions at me going to achieve when you can just post them in thread the next day if you really wanted to? this only serves as a way to try to 'act town' instead of trying to feel out my alignment and motivations and being suspicious toward me which is what a town player would do

3. whether its true or not is not the point. the fact that you brought it up feels scummy to me. lamist, whatever.

4. thats not the suspicous part. the suspicious part to me is that you would possibly think that i was asina or rarity, who you are friends with and are 'good at reading'

I didn't say I was good at reading Asiina or rarity. I said I thought they were good at reading me.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

tone and phrasing matters :sun:

this is literally because amoeba said "scum" rather than "badguy"?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i had interpeted what you said to mean that you were friends with them outside of this game.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

the response "you should vote them because they're scum" depends on either amoeba

1) thinking scum had two kills
2) knowing scum had one kill and X party had another

Why would scum have 2 kills. That'd be ridiculous. The assumption is that Byers was an SK.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
why would that be ridiculous in a big rear end ridiculous game like this created by dick null

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is literally because amoeba said "scum" rather than "badguy"?

yes, adding that clause at all reveals the process of thought

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

uranus posted:

why would that be ridiculous in a big rear end ridiculous game like this created by dick null

Because 2 separate scum teams is more likely than giving a single team two kills. It would be lop sided.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I like that TT would call me a vig but be too scared to go whole hog and call me a Serial Killer. Weak call out, weak reasoning, weak vote.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

uranus posted:

You weren't even in the mason doc when I joined it. We weren't even in a position to be having a conversation. I was most of the way through posting my thoughts on players when you turned up. I asked you repeatedly if you had questions for me and the only one you had was "who do you think I am".

There was an hour after I had finished posting in the doc where I was waiting for derp to ask questions. I asked him to ask me questions. He didn't say anything during this period. Then I had to go to a meeting and that was the end of it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

we've seen a third of the players' flips and only one scum team. i don't think two scum teams is likely.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

uranus posted:

i had interpeted what you said to mean that you were friends with them outside of this game.

No, I didn't say that or mean that.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm not seeing it, Taste.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Not at this point, no. Byers was probably the SK and we won't know till the night.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

No, I didn't say that or mean that.

:(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

I like that TT would call me a vig but be too scared to go whole hog and call me a Serial Killer. Weak call out, weak reasoning, weak vote.

did the would be sk just chill n1 or what

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

Not at this point, no. Byers was probably the SK and we won't know till the night.

responds to:

Pinterest Mom posted:

we've seen a third of the players' flips and only one scum team. i don't think two scum teams is likely.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

What?

There were 3 kills N1.

I don't understand this conversation.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

What? there were three kills. And Asiina has claimed one. One scum kill one SK kill make up the rest.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

i think byers was a survivor. "last holdout still playing 1.6".

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Asiina posted:

What?

There were 3 kills N1.

I don't understand this conversation.

i was scanning kill methods and didn't see matches

but then again that would mean scum kills don't match either so eh

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

i think byers was a survivor. "last holdout still playing 1.6".

I initially guessed Survivor as well, but there's no way to know until we see night results.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

i gotta say tho pushing SK spec in a game with multiple vigs flying seems sus to me

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

i was scanning kill methods and didn't see matches

but then again that would mean scum kills don't match either so eh

Yeah they just look like flavour and aren't supposed to give information.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Asiina posted:

I initially guessed Survivor as well, but there's no way to know until we see night results.

Maybe. But a Noob team vs Old school SK seems possible. Rather meaningless.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

i gotta say tho pushing SK spec in a game with multiple vigs flying seems sus to me

we know of three vigs - two on asii, one on amoeba (won by merk)
either there are a fourth and fifth unclaimed vig, or an sk, (or second scum nk)

i think the likelihood of that are probably sk­>scum>4th+5th vig

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

If I consistently see 2 kills each night (plus mine N1) my mind will go to scum + SK rather than scum + 3 nightvigs, and that's not including the two dayvigs.

That's not a strange or unusual train of thought.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So, why would you vote for a vig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Go through this train of thought:
You lay a trap, the trap springs and you think you've found a vig. Not an SK, not scum, but a vig. You then vote for the vig.

Does this make any sense at all?

• Locked thread