Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

sbaldrick posted:

Do people like Jane the Virgin, maybe I just didn't get it but it just didn't feel natural.

Yes, a lot of people like that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's an award winning critical smash, if that's what you're asking.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Regy Rusty posted:

Depends what you didn't like about it. For me what I didn't like about the end of Season 1 was how the mystery isn't so much solved as stumbled onto. That's not going to be an issue for season 2 since it's no longer about a mystery

You must've missed when they introduced the mystery surrounding Tennant's previous botched case (involving Shaun Dooley's character) with the flashbacks and burglary at his home and such.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

less laughter posted:

You must've missed when they introduced the mystery surrounding Tennant's previous botched case (involving Shaun Dooley's character) with the flashbacks and burglary at his home and such.

I didn't miss it I just figured the trial will be the main focus.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

sbaldrick posted:

Do people like Jane the Virgin, maybe I just didn't get it but it just didn't feel natural.

If you're like me and were turned off by the premise it supposedly isn't like it sounds.

I haven't watched it though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think Gawker is enjoying the rear end eating scene from last night's Girls a bit too much.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

IRQ posted:

If you're like me and were turned off by the premise it supposedly isn't like it sounds.

I haven't watched it though.

Jane the Virgin is basically a spiritual successor to this.

So if you liked that, you'll know if you'll like JtV.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

zoux posted:

I think Gawker is enjoying the rear end eating scene from last night's Girls a bit too much.

I don't watch that show but it seems apparent that Gawker has never given/received cunnilingus from behind, or is even aware of where an anus is in relation to genitals.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ugh NCIS: NO, Madam Secretary and Scorpion all get second seasons.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I read more Gawker stuff than I'd care to admit to and that site has some weird fascination with rimjobs in general.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

zoux posted:

I'm okay with a bad TV show getting renewed if it means Scott Bakula gets a steady paycheck

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

It's not like CBS would produce anything better to take the space so why care?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I'm just waiting for CSI: Superhuman Syber Squad or whatever they're calling the spinoff that had that hilariously bad backdoor pilot a year or two ago.

sbaldrick posted:

It seems to be well received in TVIV at least and it got a second season so I assume people are watching it. I'm with you though, I couldn't make it through a single episode.

raditts fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 13, 2015

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

raditts posted:

I'm just waiting for CSI: Superhuman Syber Squad or whatever they're calling the spinoff that had that hilariously bad backdoor pilot a year or two ago.

Agents of SHIELD?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

raditts posted:

That was CSI: Cyber and it was cancelled

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Toxxupation posted:

That was CSI: Cyber and it was cancelled

Nope, but we sure as heck wish it was

Look at that fuckin' cast list, Patricia Arquette, James Van Der Beek, and Peter MacNicol all deserve better

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mo0 posted:

Look at that fuckin' cast list, Patricia Arquette, James Van Der Beek, and Peter MacNicol all deserve better

I don't wish it was, it's our only hope for a scene dumber than NCIS's infamous "2 Idiots 1 Keyboard".

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

raditts posted:

I don't wish it was, it's our only hope for a scene dumber than NCIS's infamous "2 Idiots 1 Keyboard".

It has to at least beat the bar its late sister show CSI:NY set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkDD03yeLnU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

OTOH Charley Koontz is gonna be main cast on that show, and he deserves it since he did incredible work on Community and this'll run at least 5 seasons, during which he'll pick up a paycheck

and lets be honest Koontz is realistically gonna have a career as a character actor so landing main cast on CSI is a p big get for him

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The undisputed king will always be Life's files in the xbox copy of prince of persia, which might be the single most incredible thing i've ever seen

remember the part where the gamer agent says he'll have no trouble beating level 6 because he's got a "star trek costume in his closet"? remember the part where the female agent lady ghost plays the game? remember the lovely papyrus font overlay they put over gameplay of PoP to signify "levels" had been beaten? remember the insanity of the idea of keeping files in an xbox, not only that but having them unlocked via beating part of a video game?

that scene is like five minutes long but is so ludicrous one has memories of different parts of how dumb it is

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Sophia posted:

Ravane is correct. NCIS is deeply stupid but it is competent in a way that people don't always appreciate. When you watch an episode of that show, you aren't sitting there going "well I wonder if they're going to gently caress this episode up" because they don't. Every episode is an almost identical level of quality. Whether or not you like what's in the package is personal taste, but it's not the roller coaster ride that more ambitious shows have. It's actually pretty remarkable, really, that they're still churning them out after all this time.

If someone wanted to watch a procedural NCIS wouldn't be first on my personal list (*cough* Elementary *cough*) but there's a reason a zillion people watch it. You are getting into a very comfortable boat.

I like NCIS. Yes it's dumb, when it comes to computers it has roughly the level of comprehension I expect from a 90 year old, and Gibbs is magic, but these things are all net positives if you actually like the show. That said, Sophia is basically right, it's just a scary competent show that rarely stumbles. It's also got pretty well realized characters for a procedural, and the cast has genuine chemistry, both of these aspects I feel it really excels at. My biggest problem with it are the occasional hideously saccharine RAH RAH SUPPORT ARE TROUPES episodes but it's kind of to be expected.

It's like the Applebees of tv. You can do better, you'll be hungry an hour later, but it's easy, good enough, and you know exactly what you're going to get every time.

Incidentally, house buying/selling shows are the Arbys of tv.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Hey now.

That's unfair to Arby's.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mo0 posted:

Hey now.

That's unfair to Arby's.

I was about to say the reverse.

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat

sbaldrick posted:

I only gave Jane the Virgin a shot based on all the positive feedback it gets, and you know what? It's actually pretty decent. One of the best new shows to premier this season, by my standards.

It maintains a respectable level of humor which never gets as vulgar as the premise might suggest, and the cast is affable & attractive. Also, it's an hour long show that feels like a 30 minute comedy.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Deadpool posted:

I was about to say the reverse.

Look, man, curly fries are the best.

Their sandwiches suck out loud, though.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Mmm Arby's roast beef.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

soapgish posted:

I don't watch that show but it seems apparent that Gawker has never given/received cunnilingus from behind, or is even aware of where an anus is in relation to genitals.
According to Lena Dunham and Allison Williams, there was at least rear end motorboating: http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/09/girls-cast-lena-dunham-allison-williams/

Dunham: You got your rear end motorboated in the season premiere!
Williams: Which I can’t wait to see…. I had a couple of days talking to wardrobe and makeup to get ready to rig the thing that I wore for the rear end motorboating.

I mean, you could still be performing cunnilingus while rear end motorboating, but I can see why you would think it's just salad tossing.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mo0 posted:

Hey now.

That's unfair to Arby's.

Perhaps. I couldn't think of anything worse.

Maybe gas station sushi in South Dakota, but that would be Flea Market Flip. Yes, that exists, idiots buy crap at flea markets, glue poo poo to it, and sell it to other idiots at a flea market. That show was my entire xmas day. It is worse than Arby's. I love my mom but dear sweet satan it's like she saves the worst poo poo possible to watch when I visit.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Manos del Sino posted:

I only gave Jane the Virgin a shot based on all the positive feedback it gets, and you know what? It's actually pretty decent. One of the best new shows to premier this season, by my standards.

It maintains a respectable level of humor which never gets as vulgar as the premise might suggest, and the cast is affable & attractive. Also, it's an hour long show that feels like a 30 minute comedy.

I've only watched the first episode and I'll watch the second to make sure, and while I find it very charming maybe the telenovela parts don't work for me.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Toxxupation posted:

The undisputed king will always be Life's files in the xbox copy of prince of persia, which might be the single most incredible thing i've ever seen

It's pretty drat incredible, but I dunno about undisputed. The explanation of how IRC works from Numb3rs is up there as well for, if nothing else, the hilarious graphics they came up with to illustrate their weird boat analogy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2rGTXHvPCQ

Features your usual collection of random unrelated computer terms, leet speak as a strange and mystical language (featuring the line "Luckily I speak leet") on a show officially called Numb3rs, and hurriedly taking a screenshot of some chat before it magically disappears into the ether.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Togetherness was very enjoyable if you're into the Duplass brothers and what they do. They manage to walk the line between silliness and heartbreaking pretty well. It's nice to see Amanda Peet getting work again as well. Ken Marino shockingly plays a weird rear end in a top hat.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Mo0 posted:

Yeah it's not cancelled ('yet', of course), and they're actually kicking Stalker off the schedule to air it. So Stalker's basically dead in the water (getting bumped + not being included in today's renewal batch) and CSI: Cyber they might not have terribly high hopes for if they're holding it til March to start airing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kyle MacLachlin has officially signed on for the new season of Twin Peaks.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Toxxupation posted:

remember the part where the gamer agent says he'll have no trouble beating level 6 because he's got a "star trek costume in his closet"? remember the part where the female agent lady ghost plays the game? remember the lovely papyrus font overlay they put over gameplay of PoP to signify "levels" had been beaten? remember the insanity of the idea of keeping files in an xbox, not only that but having them unlocked via beating part of a video game?

that scene is like five minutes long but is so ludicrous one has memories of different parts of how dumb it is

Nope, nope. The king is from a dead Fox show called Mental, where a shrink had to cure a bipolar boy by figuring out how to beat the video game in his head. It shat on like... 5 fields all at once. I constantly think I'm the only one who ever watched that show.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Ariza posted:

Togetherness was very enjoyable if you're into the Duplass brothers and what they do. They manage to walk the line between silliness and heartbreaking pretty well. It's nice to see Amanda Peet getting work again as well. Ken Marino shockingly plays a weird rear end in a top hat.

I liked it too. Your mileage may vary specifically on how much you like their movies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

Nope, nope. The king is from a dead Fox show called Mental, where a shrink had to cure a bipolar boy by figuring out how to beat the video game in his head. It shat on like... 5 fields all at once. I constantly think I'm the only one who ever watched that show.

The only thing I remember about that show is that it had a really poorly timed episode, guest starring David Carradine right after he accidentally killed himself.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

hcreight posted:

I liked it too. Your mileage may vary specifically on how much you like their movies.

Did they do that movie with Elizabeth Moss and couples therapy, I think I remember the male lead having that last name at least?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

savinhill posted:

Did they do that movie with Elizabeth Moss and couples therapy, I think I remember the male lead having that last name at least?

The One I Love, it wasn't made by them but it does star Duplass.

I really like that film.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Penny Dreadful season 2 trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YdeSNcAWos

Also guess what show this is a remake of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKoe2B1lZ4c

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress, Woody Allen is doing an original series for Amazon.

• Locked thread