Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

So, why would you vote for a vig?

If you were a vig you would have explained after that post, I think you're scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Well thanks for clearing that up. So you think I'm scum that sticks my head out when someone soft claims tracking or watching. I dunno man, I think that's kind of insulting.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Asiina posted:

If I consistently see 2 kills each night (plus mine N1) my mind will go to scum + SK rather than scum + 3 nightvigs, and that's not including the two dayvigs.

That's not a strange or unusual train of thought.

two nights is pretty early to start driving that discussion when we have a confirmed scum's history to continue poring over, especially when we're averaging at least 1.5 vigs per cycle thus far

note it's of course in scum's interest to find the sk

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

Well thanks for clearing that up. So you think I'm scum that sticks my head out when someone soft claims tracking or watching. I dunno man, I think that's kind of insulting.

merk is a strong player but tipped his hand :shrug:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tremendous Taste posted:

two nights is pretty early to start driving that discussion when we have a confirmed scum's history to continue poring over, especially when we're averaging at least 1.5 vigs per cycle thus far

the sk that... you don't think exists?

i've seen enough
##vote taste

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's also in the town's interest to find the SK, but I'd bet on it being Byers - so I think they already found him.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

that's a garbage and disingenuous vote

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

the sk that... you don't think exists?

i've seen enough
##vote taste

Nah man he's saying I think there's an SK and I'm hunting for it which makes me scum. He doesn't have to believe in it to meta case me on it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

It's also in the town's interest to find the SK, but I'd bet on it being Byers - so I think they already found him.

scum suffer more by the continued existence of a nonscum killing role than town

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

actually,
it's good.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Amoeba102 posted:

Nah man he's saying I think there's an SK and I'm hunting for it which makes me scum. He doesn't have to believe in it to meta case me on it.

how are you hunting for an sk

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

scum suffer more by the continued existence of a nonscum killing role than town

We can argue semantics: It hurts town more because it brings LYLO faster. Nonscum killing roles are only better for town than scum if town can win with them.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

actually,
it's good.

:tinsley:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

Hypothetically. He's wrong and stupid but not necessarily scum. He sounds like he honestly thinks he's a savant with a gotcha gambit.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

It was meant more at however this sk nonsense became our focus despite a flipped scum to examine all day long

Amoeba102 posted:

We can argue semantics: It hurts town more because it brings LYLO faster. Nonscum killing roles are only better for town than scum if town can win with them.

I'm assuming nobody can win with live SK but I haven't checked op to see if scum win condition is listed

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i'm going to try putting his thought process into a single post

-softclaim tracker or watcher on the byers kill
-amoeba says "that person is scum"
-taste turns that into "amoeba knows byers was killed by scum, either because he's scum, or a vig" (though not sk?), but votes amoeba
-taste then poo-poos sk spec in favour of a 4th and 5th vig theory

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm going to try putting his thought process into a single post

-softclaim tracker or watcher on the byers kill
-amoeba says "that person is scum"
-taste turns that into "amoeba knows byers was killed by scum, either because he's scum, or a vig" (though not sk?), but votes amoeba
-taste then poo-poos sk spec in favour of a 4th and 5th vig theory

note this dumb derail had already started

i wanted to take it in a particular direction and amoeba's phrasing is p sus

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

It was meant more at however this sk nonsense became our focus despite a flipped scum to examine all day long

What is this? You're the one who brought it up!

I have absolutely no idea what you're doing here.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm assuming nobody can win with live SK but I haven't checked op to see if scum win condition is listed

Scum win conditions are always pretty generic "Outnumber the remaining players".

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the sk discussion came up organically (i'm the first person who actually brought it up) as f_v gave her spec on uranus' posts, i don't know why you'd try to pin it on amoeba

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pinterest Mom posted:

the sk discussion came up organically (i'm the first person who actually brought it up) as f_v gave her spec on uranus' posts role, i don't know why you'd try to pin it on amoeba

mafiaedit: "posts" should be "role" here

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
SO MUCH IS HAPPENING :supaburn: Thoughts as I have them

1) Byers's play makes more sense to me as survivor than SK. He was so loud and aggressive on merk he drew a ton of attention to himself. The fact he's dead shows how risky that was, I don't see him taking that risk if he had a NK

2) Good job with the vig Asiina

3) I'm not down with this push for FV, I think her reactions at deadline are townie without a useful PR.

4) Taste's gambit play is silly and I can see it being an attempt to distract us from looking at merk's post history too closely

5) There's no way merk doesn't know derp is uranus but I think it's too obvious. It's WIFOMy as hell but I think it's to draw attention away from someone else who was scummy at deadline. Furthermore, Exakt is a really solid and enthusiastic town player but from what I remember he doesn't like being scum so I could see him getting scum and giving up. Therefore ##vote zzyxx

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm on mobile but if I wasn't Id have a long rant about me blowing a gasket over both pm and rarity saying I'm doing things that my posts *explicitly* counter

Pm I am saying its a thread focus and people buying into it are acting anti town, someone already suspicious for other reasons and acting anti town is worth a vote

Rar I am literally calling multiple times for people to examine Merks post history

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm on mobile but if I wasn't Id have a long rant about me blowing a gasket over both pm and rarity saying I'm doing things that my posts *explicitly* counter

Pm I am saying its a thread focus and people buying into it are acting anti town, someone already suspicious for other reasons and acting anti town is worth a vote

Rar I am literally calling multiple times for people to examine Merks post history

Your stated intentions do not line up with "fake soft claim as a gotcha". It works as a derail from the Derp/FV secret mason discussion but it doesn't go to discussing merk's port history.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

In response to my shitiness D2:

Chic Trombone posted:

See the problem with that is that, while you will flip scum, I won't.

This aint great.. mate. Similarly Chic's response after merk getting shot; it feels creepy. Someone earlier said they were playing this game questioning why players would post something. Why would Chic post just to say "Thank you?" I'm reading it as them immediately trying to latch onto someone who has just committed a positive action.

Chic Trombone posted:

Thinking about it, merk DID seem pretty reluctant to vote f_v until late yesterday when it looked like f_v'd be the only viable lynch candidate that wasn't him

So what, you think merk was trying to last minute bus f_v?

I think merk thought he was going to get lynched earlier, basically as soon as he used the vig and decided to push Chic. The result of it was Chic coming out looking as if merk had just pushed her really hard for no reason. Other players have been criticising his play as lazy so that could have been intentional? I'm not sure on that part I don't think I've played many games with him so I'm not comfortable judging what is lazy for him

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Merk's final "vote Chic after I flip!" does give me pause that it could possibly be a very, very aggressive bussing attempt, but I'd rather judge Chic on her own actions which I don't find particularly scummy.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also considering how hard he was tunneling her, I'd think that Chic's "thank you" is justified.

Rarity's on the other hand strikes me as fishy.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm trying harder to care now that the game's a bit smaller. TT's entire posting rings scummy to me. He's trying to push something and no one's buying but he won't give up. it's very scum TT. I think Merk was being supersilly near his demise and saying dumb things on purpose. (like not knowing who uranus is). I think him not accepting the FV case and trying to shoo it away by sheer virtue of his mafia status or whatever (this case sucks but my case on Chic is better because I am Merk) does not look good for FV, nor does Uranus' ability. Would vote FV.

Also I was around to lynch Merk. I just forgot about the game and watched ADGQ instead. Sorry. I tried though!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Asiina posted:

Merk's final "vote Chic after I flip!" does give me pause that it could possibly be a very, very aggressive bussing attempt, but I'd rather judge Chic on her own actions which I don't find particularly scummy.

I thought this too but it's not a train of thought worth pursuing. I think he was going after Chic a lot harder earlier than he was a shoo-in for lynching, so there'd be no reason to bus her that hard.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Rarity posted:

SO MUCH IS HAPPENING :supaburn: Thoughts as I have them

1) Byers's play makes more sense to me as survivor than SK. He was so loud and aggressive on merk he drew a ton of attention to himself. The fact he's dead shows how risky that was, I don't see him taking that risk if he had a NK

2) Good job with the vig Asiina

3) I'm not down with this push for FV, I think her reactions at deadline are townie without a useful PR.

4) Taste's gambit play is silly and I can see it being an attempt to distract us from looking at merk's post history too closely

5) There's no way merk doesn't know derp is uranus but I think it's too obvious. It's WIFOMy as hell but I think it's to draw attention away from someone else who was scummy at deadline. Furthermore, Exakt is a really solid and enthusiastic town player but from what I remember he doesn't like being scum so I could see him getting scum and giving up. Therefore ##vote zzyxx

D3 and the best you have is a meta vote?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Little Mac posted:

I thought this too but it's not a train of thought worth pursuing. I think he was going after Chic a lot harder earlier than he was a shoo-in for lynching, so there'd be no reason to bus her that hard.

Agreed. I don't see it as a bus on CT. I also don't see CT's play as a bus on merk at all.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

D3 and the best you have is a meta vote?

It's more based on zzyxx not voting merk at deadline than it is meta.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

Your stated intentions do not line up with "fake soft claim as a gotcha". It works as a derail from the Derp/FV secret mason discussion but it doesn't go to discussing merk's port history.

can you rephrase this post? I don't get what you mean

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If you wanted us to talk about merk's port history, then your soft fake claim did not serve this purpose as it started it's on derail. A derail that would have happened regardless because you soft fake claimed.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

If you wanted us to talk about merk's port history, then your soft fake claim did not serve this purpose as it started it's on derail. A derail that would have happened regardless because you soft fake claimed.

you make it sound as if one desired intent was subsidiary to the other

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What?

I'm saying that if you wanted to shift thread focus onto merk's post history, then saying "Hey, guess what I know *wink wink*" instead focuses the thread on you and any resulting discussion there of.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hey, guess what i know ;) ;)

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So what did Ernie talk to you about, by the way?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

What?

I'm saying that if you wanted to shift thread focus onto merk's post history, then saying "Hey, guess what I know *wink wink*" instead focuses the thread on you and any resulting discussion there of.

well yes I have Multiple Goals and Concurrent Aims

I wasn't going to very well go fishing after steering the conversation to where I wanted it to be and derail it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

imagine all of us investigating a house like in scooby doo

zoinks the lights go out and when they're back on ernie is missing!

some people decide to talk about how he ascended to heaven uh that's weird why don't we look for clues

well i guess since we're talking about rapture I can fish for a closet zealot by quoting scripture and then we can look after

• Locked thread