Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Quidnose posted:

Did someone set ##vote e+ to go to f_v

That's lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
(Not you quid, the person who made the change)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm not letting meinberg hammer

##vote eplus

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: This game will be better without Epsilon Plus!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Final Votecount for Day 1

Epsilon Plus (7): fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie, Asiina, Pinterest Mom, Antivehicular, fiery_valkyrie, Pinterest Mom, Allen Wren, Rascyc, Kumbamontu, Quidnose, Pinterest Mom
Allen Wren (2): fiery_valkyrie, Pinterest Mom, Rarity, Allen Wren, Allen Wren, Pinterest Mom
Clockwork Gadget (1): Meinberg
Rascyc (1): Allen Wren, Allen Wren, mr.capps, Rarity, Allen Wren, Rarity, Allen Wren
Meinberg (1): Kumbamontu, Rascyc, Pinterest Mom, Allen Wren, Pinterest Mom, Allen Wren, Epsilon Plus, Rascyc, Kumbamontu
Quidnose (0): Asiina, Asiina
fiery_valkyrie (0): Epsilon Plus, Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom, Epsilon Plus, Kumbamontu, Kumbamontu, Quidnose, Quidnose

Not Voting (1): Clockwork Gadget

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 12th, 2015 at 10 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 hour, 27 minutes.

The theater lights dimmed as a spotlight shone down on Epsilon Plus and he was pushed to the center stage, the other tracks demanding an explanation as to why he didn’t try harder.

Epsilon shook his head and stammered out “T-this isn’t right, you aren’t the songs I’ve shared a mind with! Something is different, please, I just need a moment to explain. Aren’t we all friends?”

From the audience, Pinterest snorts. “What do you know about friends?”

The spotlight heats up until it begins to make an awful sizzling sound, and Epsilon melts away into a bubbling puddle of noxious vinyl.

The more observant among you notice a song playing as he goes, just at the edge of hearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE7MpzyfGkc

Epsilon Plus, Attention All Pickpockets, Town Oracle was lynched day one.

Twenty-four hours for night actions, sooner is better.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Everyone is there waiting for while before someone has the guts to say it.

“They’re not coming, are they?”

No one says anything for a moment.

“Well, they could be running late?”

“Time is meaningless here, if they could be here, they would be here!”

No one can argue with that. Their reduced numbers serve as reminder of how contentious the fight for the finale could be. John might lose an entire album by the time it’s through.

Pinterest Mom, Alpha Desperation March, Town Tracker disappeared night one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksP3--IpBbc

Quidnose, Genesis 19: 1-2, Town Vanilla disappeared night one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW18ujNGiN0

Liner Notes

Genesis 19: 1-2 1The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”

“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”

Day Two Begins

With ten alive, it is six to lynch. Deadline is, I dunno, Wednesday night? If you didn't submit your night action then nothing happened.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
##vote meinberg

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

:zombie: BOOOOOOOOOO :zombie:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Boo to double nightkills! Hopefully it's just a vig (although seriously, keep it in your pants), not an SK or other compelled kill.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Kumbamontu posted:

##vote meinberg

Any particular reason that you'd care to mention?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Clockwork Gadget posted:

Rarity's additions to the game so far.

Maybe don't have the majority of discussion just before deadline when it's 3am and I'm asleep :rolleyes:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Meinberg posted:

Any particular reason that you'd care to mention?

it was all mentioned yesterday

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Moreover,

1.) Meinberg has contributed nothing to actual casing despite being around at deadline, aside from the lurker callout he was already rightfully called out for.
2.) Does a me-too on EP but doesn't actually vote despite EP having been -4 at the time and at no danger of being hammered here. Agreeing with the thread while attempting to fly under the radar by not voting. After this, his posts are nothing but setup speculation and defending himself instead of actually trying to find scum.
3.) Additionally, stuff I said yesterday about his hedgy post and agreeing with me instantly.

Both of the deaths last night reveal next to nothing, as neither Quid nor PMom really said anything substantive about anyone other than EP. Quid called Meinberg town passively in one post.\

I would also vote Allen again.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
*crickets*

*tumbleweed slowly rolls by*

:dukedog:

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

Rarity posted:

Maybe don't have the majority of discussion just before deadline when it's 3am and I'm asleep :rolleyes:

Fine, but maybe don't complain about jokephase for days and then throw out random ME TOO votes on day one after the jokephase is over without contributing to the conversation, thanks. Real helpful town play.

I had picked out PMom as scum based on how they were playing yesterday, and obviously I was down for lynching E+, so I'm a bit lost for reads today. Meinberg, the way you were posting around hammer last night didn't make me feel any less easy about you, and I think it's interesting the way the vote swung away from you at the end of the day towards easier targets because "meta" is suspicious.

Antivehicular posted:

Boo to double nightkills! Hopefully it's just a vig (although seriously, keep it in your pants), not an SK or other compelled kill.

This is the kind of easy "oh no, night actions happened" post that always pings as pretty scummy to me! Would like to note that Antivehicular was on the "don't lynch Meinberg because reasons" team, and hopped on the train to go after the next obvious lynch candidate on what he admitted was the weakest possible reasoning.

On my list for today are Meinberg and Antivehicular. Would be willing to hear arguments for others if anyone else has a better case.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
busy today, will read tonight

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
deadline is tonight? fast game I guess, I'll make some time for sure

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh hrm, I think I had my days mixed up when I set the deadline. I'll extend it to tomorrow night. I hate to change a set deadline but 24 hours isn't as reasonable.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Kumbamontu posted:

Moreover,

1.) Meinberg has contributed nothing to actual casing despite being around at deadline, aside from the lurker callout he was already rightfully called out for.
2.) Does a me-too on EP but doesn't actually vote despite EP having been -4 at the time and at no danger of being hammered here. Agreeing with the thread while attempting to fly under the radar by not voting. After this, his posts are nothing but setup speculation and defending himself instead of actually trying to find scum.
3.) Additionally, stuff I said yesterday about his hedgy post and agreeing with me instantly.

Both of the deaths last night reveal next to nothing, as neither Quid nor PMom really said anything substantive about anyone other than EP. Quid called Meinberg town passively in one post.\

I would also vote Allen again.

Your timeline is a bit off. I'm still fairly suspicious of Clockwork, and was suspicious of him before the arguments on Epsilon begun. The arguments seemed sound, and I was willing to support them, but I wanted to give people a chance to discuss things first, rather than hammer immediately when he got to -1.

That said, you're right that I've been more reactive than proactive. Still, it was D1 and had a longer than normal jokephase. It's not like I had a whole lot of material to go off of. And so far today, there hasn't been a whole lot of activity either.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm currently in the process of moving and it is absolutely UNREAL how much junk accumulates over time

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

Rascyc posted:

I'm currently in the process of moving and it is absolutely UNREAL how much junk accumulates over time

I moved a few months ago after living at my last apartment for over 3 years. The piles of poo poo that went to either Goodwill or the dumpster were ridiculous.

And we still have way too much junk laying around the new place!!!! Thankfully we have a basement to shove it all in now. :cool:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Clockwork Gadget posted:

Real helpful town play.

Oh my god you guys I'm so town look at how town I am gonna rip into this lurker cause she's hurting town and town must win go town go town seriously i'm so loving town

##Clockwork Gadget

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Woops

##vote Clockwork Gadget

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Cool, add a rad OMGUS vote to the top of the neato high-level plays you're making.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm really torn on taking my two boxes of mail/documents to a shred service or if I should just do it myself and force myself to sift through it to see if there's anything important in there

pun not intended

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Rarity being lazy fits more in line with her usual town behavior from previous games, then again maybe 3p

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Asiina are we allowed to kill Meinberg on d2? Is the courtesy suspension over??? What do you think of meinberg now

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rascyc posted:

Rarity being lazy fits more in line with her usual town behavior

Well now I'm hurt :(

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Clockwork Gadget posted:

I had picked out PMom as scum based on how they were playing yesterday, and obviously I was down for lynching E+, so I'm a bit lost for reads today

I don't understand why this line had to be said at all here.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Rascyc posted:

Asiina are we allowed to kill Meinberg on d2? Is the courtesy suspension over??? What do you think of meinberg now

I think Meinberg is a pretty cool guy.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Rarity posted:

Well now I'm hurt :(
I'm just really reminded of this post everytime this comes up

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3641365&pagenumber=53&perpage=40#post431802691

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That was literally my third game of mafia ever :sigh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
And also capps was calling me scum there when I was town so it's not even true :argh:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
wow I never realized you were that new at the time, haha

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

At this point, trying to put actual effort in, my #1 candidate is Clockwork. For someone whose post history outside of jokephase is 90% "that's a bad post," they're not doing a lot of actual decision-making, in addition to, immediately after casing meinberg, recanting and going "oh but I don't think they're scum."

Clockwork Gadget posted:

Uh, as much as I think Meinberg is wrong, I don't think he's scum. Is there some reason rascyc or Epsilon Plus are on the vote list besides "posts youtubes" because uh

What?

Also the soft push on epsilon

Clockwork Gadget posted:

Would be down to lynch Epsilon.

In the meantime, though, lurker call out on Rarity who has only had really lovely bandwagon vote posts so far in the game.

but no actual vote.

I make lovely plays, but these are scummy plays.

##vote Clockwork Gadget

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rascyc posted:

Meinberg posted:

I think Meinberg is a pretty cool guy.

D2 is always fair game. For the record I only ever give leniency for D1 on either your first game or first game back from a hiatus, after that everything is fair game.

I honestly find Meinberg hard to read. I think that he does scummy things on a fairly regular basis, but he always acknowledges how his posts look bad, which only ever serves to solidify that they look bad and gives scum an easy thing to hang onto because "look, even he admits they're scummy!"

I've done it before as scum pushing Meinberg, so when he does it here I don't necessarily think he's scum for it.

So I'm feeling fairly neutral on Meinberg. He hasn't done anything particularly townie, but I don't see him as scum for his contributions.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What I know about Meinberg is that he's not actually trying to find scum and only seems to check in when someone says his name.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Asiina posted:

I honestly find Meinberg hard to read. I think that he does scummy things on a fairly regular basis, but he always acknowledges how his posts look bad, which only ever serves to solidify that they look bad and gives scum an easy thing to hang onto because "look, even he admits they're scummy!"

I have a certain sympathy for this, because I'll freely admit that, as town, I will sometimes do scummy things just because I'm not really thinking about it, and it always seems better to own up to it than not, you know? (See also: my lovely post right after night, which I'll acknowledge is lovely and generally scum-associated play. I was just legit surprised/unhappy at the two deaths) Sure, it pours wine, but it's better than acting scummy and being oblivious to it, I think? Or hope, anyway.

I agree with Ras that it's kind of suspicious that Meinberg isn't contributing except to occasionally pop up when mentioned; it could just be a lurky-ish town with nothing much to say, but it's also the kind of posting pattern I associate heavily with scum who took a little heat, managed to skate by, and are lying low waiting for people to forget about them. Allen's case on Clockwork also isn't bad, although I question why scum would stick their neck out to rolefish in a game where the flavor doesn't make power roles obvious.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Antivehicular posted:

I dislike this post, it feels like AV faking a townie perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Allen Wren posted:

At this point, trying to put actual effort in, my #1 candidate is Clockwork. For someone whose post history outside of jokephase is 90% "that's a bad post," they're not doing a lot of actual decision-making, in addition to, immediately after casing meinberg, recanting and going "oh but I don't think they're scum."

What?

Also the soft push on epsilon

but no actual vote.

I make lovely plays, but these are scummy plays.

##vote Clockwork Gadget

I think this is a good case and would vote CG as my #2.

• Locked thread