Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I'm hoping they'll do the theater release at the beginning of the actual season again. That was a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Reset Smith posted:

That looked completely amazing!
Do we have an eta yet on when the rest of the season is coming out? Or is it still a vague "sometime in 2015"?

2015? What are you smoking? This is Venture Brothers, not "The Simpsons".

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This special is the finale of season 5. We'll probably get season 6 in 2018.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
To give you an idea of when we're getting a new season remember: this special was probably supposed to be done last October.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
For some perspective:

Pilot: Feb 2003
Season 1: Aug-Oct 2004
Season 2: Jun-Oct 2006
Season 3: Jun-Aug 2008
Season 4: Oct 2009-Nov 2010
Season 5: Jun-Jul 2013

:smithicide:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
It's worth it for the quality. Episode to episode, Venture Brothers is one of the best shows on TV.

Speaking of Venture Brothers and long wait times, did anyone else pre-order the Dark Horse artbook on Amazon? You can't do it anymore but my order is still in for 20-ish bucks so I'm hoping they make it a lavish, expensive thing when it's released in 7 years.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Cloks posted:

It's worth it for the quality. Episode to episode, Venture Brothers is one of the best shows on TV.

Speaking of Venture Brothers and long wait times, did anyone else pre-order the Dark Horse artbook on Amazon? You can't do it anymore but my order is still in for 20-ish bucks so I'm hoping they make it a lavish, expensive thing when it's released in 7 years.

Thought this was cancelled?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Cacafuego posted:

Thought this was cancelled?

Amazon lists November, 2016 as the publishing date but that could just be a place-holder for cancelled.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I had also heard that the book was cancelled.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/lists/dark-horse-comics-extended-forecast-for-01-07-2015

Cancelled 10/22/14 Art Of The Venture Bros HC

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I saw this whole show a good six months ago or so, I am so glad I finally get to see it as it comes out and it starts off with this beauty. :allears:

This is the most amazing show with the most worst release schedule. Get ready to wait with the rest of us..

Hedrigall posted:

For some perspective:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Hedrigall posted:

For some perspective:

To be frank it only got really bad after season 4, before that I'd say two years between each season isn't that bad(which means of we get season 6 this year, things go back to the normal time between seasons)

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Hedrigall posted:

For some perspective:

Adjusted for inflation it's now "gently caress you! gimme $1.26"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Comrade Quack posted:

Adjusted for inflation it's now "gently caress you! gimme $1.26"

In pennies?

Eat the pennies.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

twistedmentat posted:

In pennies?

Eat the pennies.

There needs to be more Augustus St. Cloud. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34gATGTDp38

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

deong posted:

This is the most amazing show with the most worst release schedule. Get ready to wait with the rest of us..

I'm ready, for now at least. I mean, surely season 6 will be just around the corner after this season finale finally airs, right? 2016 tops.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm ready, for now at least. I mean, surely season 6 will be just around the corner after this season finale finally airs, right? 2016 tops.

Oh, to be young and naive again. :allears: So full of hope. So full of trust.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
The more I see the utter stupidity humans do, the more I think cats are awesome.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There will be a new season of Twin Peaks before season 6. A new season of a show that has been canceled for 20+ years.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Sweet summer child ...

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Back when the pilot aired, I posted to a cartoon newsgroup on usenet inquiring about whether or not it had been picked up, nobody knew. And now it is the far-flung year of 2015 and this is still a thing and who even knows what usenet is.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Figure George R. R. Martin is posting bitterly on his blog about when the 6th season of Venture Brothers is coming out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

johntfs posted:

Figure George R. R. Martin is posting bitterly on his blog about when the 6th season of Venture Brothers is coming out.

GRRM: What the gently caress do these guys even do all day? :mad:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Oh, to be young and naive again. :allears: So full of hope. So full of trust.

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Sweet summer child ...

I mean, it's been almost two years since the last season proper, I figured I was doing the waiting thing right expecting it to come out later this year when it's been actually two years. Should I start counting the two years after the special episode/season finale?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I mean, it's been almost two years since the last season proper, I figured I was doing the waiting thing right expecting it to come out later this year when it's been actually two years. Should I start counting the two years after the special episode/season finale?

Yes.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The thing, we just don't know. You will never know until the episodes actually air. As I said earlier, this special was originally supposed to air in October. Then there was no word for a while and now it's airing next week. They could have the new season done in three months, they could have it done in three years. There is no way to know so don't even expect anything until you know it's gonna happen. It's easier that way.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Sometimes even after episodes start to air, like when the second half of...what was that season 2's finale I guess fell off the boat from Korea or whatever

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Sash! posted:

Sometimes even after episodes start to air, like when the second half of...what was that season 2's finale I guess fell off the boat from Korea or whatever

That was a thing that happened?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
Goddamnit Adult Swim just spend a loving dollar on animation already, jesus.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

axleblaze posted:

Then there was no word for a while and now it's airing next week.
Speaking of, don't we usually get a little bit more of a heads-up on new episodes?

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets

X_Toad posted:

Speaking of, don't we usually get a little bit more of a heads-up on new episodes?

next week's hour-long special was announced December 12th and was mentioned in this thread. The announcement of the special coincided with the revealing of Venture Brothers bedsheets and us being goons, we spent 2 pages discussing the bedsheets instead of the Gargantua-2 special.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

johntfs posted:

I honestly had to go see if that was true

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Kesper North posted:

That was a thing that happened?

It's been almost ten years so I don't remember exactly but I think there was a two week lag between the two parts airing. Of a two parter. In the same season. At the end of the season.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
Venture brothers special coming this Monday at midnight is it new? am I dreaming? somebody pinch me

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

6-year plan man posted:

Venture brothers special coming this Monday at midnight is it new? am I dreaming? somebody pinch me

GIFSoup

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Goddamnit Adult Swim just spend a loving dollar on animation already, jesus.

Seriously. This and Megalocalypse just need some dough so they can finish already at this point. Whatever grand schemes have been planned won't ever come to fruition as long as [adult swim] keeps its penny pinching ways.

Kristofenpheiffer
Sep 12, 2004
The Hemogoblin
I don't want them messing with the magic that makes this show amazing. It works already, stop trying to fix it. Just wait patiently for its glorious return.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I'm in favor of making Doc and Jackson thousandaires even if it takes them 2 years+ to make a season.

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

I'll do my part to keep them rolling in "Dad money," absolutely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Heh, as pointed out in the CBB thread, Netflix has detailed content warnings for shows.

"Brock is a bodyguard with no boundaries and a deviant sexual appetite; Dr. Venture is a manic depressive with a nasty disposition" and "Brock always has a cigarette clenched in his teeth; Dr. Venture is addicted to prescription painkillers and drinks a lot" sound like they could be a DVR description of like half the episodes.