Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Heh you're right, I never looked at them that way. I liked the Winfield Branding in '99 ('98 less so) but I am used to White/Blue Williams.

It's actually a perfect Brabham tribute because it's even sponsored by a computer company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Helicon One posted:

McLaren Orange and Honda Pure White would be a sexy looking combination.

You can tell it's January because people are wanking their mind-cocks over a possible, but never going to happen orange McLaren.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Linedance posted:

I want to see some E-cig company sponsor a Formula-E car.

There's been a couple in Indycar, GRC and BTCC so it's only a matter of time.

Different thing but way back Williams carried Nicorette for a while.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I'm very much a minimalist which is why I think the BrawnGP car will always be my favourite looking car. It just looked so gorgeous. Added to the fact Button was driving it I pretty much spent 2009 with a constant boner.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I'm very much a minimalist which is why I think the BrawnGP car will always be my favourite looking car. It just looked so gorgeous. Added to the fact Button was driving it I pretty much spent 2009 with a constant boner.

You couldn't be more right if you tried.

In the same vein, the 91 Jordan was a looker too.

(Edit, here's a copy of the bacon briefcase video)

Brainwrong fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jan 13, 2015

NicktheNorse
Dec 30, 2004
Make it Fly!
I always like this:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/renault30thanniversary4.jpg

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

You're biased!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Alain Post posted:

I don't know if it shows up in photos, but the shade of blue the Prosts used in 1998-2000 was amazing.

Too bad they were terrible cars.

they were a much nicer shade of blue than the Ligiers, I have a 1/18 of one of those cars and it's a beautiful blue.

[edit] the old 2009 Toyota wasn't too bad either, I always liked the red/white and Panasonic of those a little.

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013

Oooooh yes, green is clearly the sexiest colour on an F1 car. This one is the best but I even quite like the Caterham livery :shobon:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

cgfreak posted:

Oooooh yes, green is clearly the sexiest colour on an F1 car. This one is the best but I even quite like the Caterham livery :shobon:

helps that that's possibly the most aesthetically pleasing car design in Formula 1 history, certainly for the last 25 years or so.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

That's my favorite F1 car ever.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

hi nick. the 2010 one was better

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

El Hefe posted:

That's my favorite F1 car ever.

You're such a closet Button fan.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

So clean, so pure...

It's like watching a video game that didn't pay for the rights to use sponsors.

CratSock fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jan 13, 2015

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Brainwrong posted:

You're such a closet Button fan.

I am.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Brainwrong posted:

You couldn't be more right if you tried.

In the same vein, the 91 Jordan was a looker too.

I liked the yellow hornet Jordan.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I'm looking forward to a non dicknosed martini livery Williams which will unquestionably be the best looking car next year.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

The fluorescent wheel covers were the icing on the cake for the BGP001, then they added a sponsor with a different shade of yellow and it all went downhill

:barf:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
That sponsor was only for Interlagos I think.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I unironically like the Honda earth car, not the first one, the second year one... 2008 I think?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

enri posted:

I unironically like the Honda earth car, not the first one, the second year one... 2008 I think?

hubba hubba

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the RA107 owned bones too and idk how people hated it

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I liked it so much I literally put my name on it

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010
I actually did quite like the livery and the concept, but I would have liked it a drat sight more if I'd been able to see it moving at the speed of a real F1 car.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tsaedje posted:

I liked it so much I literally put my name on it

Your real name is Myearthdream.com? mine too.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

No, his real name is            8           

Shiruan
May 25, 2012

Terribly clever.

Tsaedje posted:

hubba hubba

Yeah, everyone hated that at the time (mostly because the idea was stupid as gently caress), but I always particularly dug the red ring around the airbox. Kinda' visibility-warning-stripe-thing-ish. This is also one of those "I know this opinion is objectively wrong and indefensible, but..." things, but I kinda' liked the grooved tires too. To me they just looked more abstract and sci-fi and generally... future... than slicks.

Yes I'm aware I'm dumb.

Also god those front wing spoons and organic-curve rear wings were sexy.

On that note, it's funny how people's sense for these things works. I remember--at least where I was hanging out at the time--before the 09 cars came out, everyone talking about how ugly the cars were getting with all their areo bits and whatnot, the F1.07 and F1.08 in particular. There were a lot of threads in forums where those two cars caught a lot of flak aesthetically. Now you often hear the F1.08 mentioned as one of the favorite cars of the era.

Shiruan fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 13, 2015

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

https://www.myearthdream.com now redirects to a not-dodgy-at-all looking German motorsports news website that looks like it was designed with a template for "generic financial services".

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

There was that promotion where you could donate or something and the livery is made up of all the people's names or whatever.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

be nice wicka posted:

the RA107 owned bones too and idk how people hated it

it looks like a livery that the hippie dude in the iRacing group made for his car.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

BAR 005 is one my favourite modern cars

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
What's amazing is how the cars from 2004 to 2008 still look extremely modern day sort of machinery. All current. But the 2009 to now cars just look dated already.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

What's amazing is how the cars from 2004 to 2008 still look extremely modern day sort of machinery. All current. But the 2009 to now cars just look dated already.

you may be alone in this opinion

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

also, mclaren teased the mp4-30 launch on instagram with a photo of an mp4/4 front wing. so let's all read too much into that and assume it's going to be red and white.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I never liked all those little winglets and giblets.

I am in favo(u)r, however, of 1,000-horsepower cars with non-sequential mechanical gearboxes and 3 pedals.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Wirth1000 posted:

There was that promotion where you could donate or something and the livery is made up of all the people's names or whatever.

All you had to do was sign up to some 'make the earth a greener place' thing and you got your name on the car in 0.5pt font

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
this is actually the best japanese engined f1 car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

IceAgeComing posted:

this is actually the best japanese engined f1 car

5 minute lap time.