Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The geometry on the stairs between the lowest and middle floors on the Lost City map is kinda bugged. I get a lot of guards getting stuck on that staircase in particular, and there's really nothing to do but put them out of their misery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Aww that's cute! She was in mourning for two weeks but she still had time to get matching uniforms made for all her thugs!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm sure the thug Robin shoved through the TV is fine, too.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Nihilarian posted:

I'm sure the thug Robin shoved through the TV is fine, too.

You left him to di- you left him to di- left him to d

I really like the DLC, though I wish it could have been harder, seeing as it is post-game after all, but I guess they are making you learn a whole new character. By the way, it kind of sucks that they never really tell you Robin and Nightwing's special combo moves and you just have to learn them via trial and error (unless I'm just missing some way to check them out somewhere). Speaking of which, that was a neat little exploit you found, using Nightwing's electric combo to give yourself invincibility from Mr. Sickle for a while.

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
Something to keep in mind is that in the comics there are normally less than 10 bad guys total for the story. So, in that case it is easy enough for batman to subdue and handcuff all of them for the police to pick up without the edge cases of them might sort of be dead by the time the anybody can get there.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Doc Morbid posted:

This thread made me reinstall Arkham City, and something magical happened as I was beating up random thugs:

I'm, uh, sure he'll be okay.

You think that's bad? This happened while I was playing Origins.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I once had a dude stuck waist-up in a wall ten feet up in City: his legs were just hanging down like he had been launched into the side of the building like a torpedo, it was amazing.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
One thing I forgot to mention in my last post is that I think the thing Gordon might be wanting to talk to Batman about might be Joker's death, and not just in the "are you okay" way. At the end of the story, Gordon's one of the people outside the gates when Batman carries Joker outside yelling for answers on what happened, but Batman doesn't talk about it then, and apparently (from the way this DLC treats it) still hasn't talked about it. And Gordon wants to know because Gordon needs to know, because even though Gotham has some weird semi-sanctioned relationship with Batman when it comes to vigilantism, everyone generally accepts that Batman doesn't kill. But if, like Harley's henchmen, no one really knows what happened in there, then it alters Gordon's perception of Batman, and possibly their whole relationship.

tl;dr: Gordon wants to talk to Batman to make positively sure Batman hasn't started killin' guys.

Oblivion4568238 posted:

You think that's bad? This happened while I was playing Origins.

Well yeah, but that's Origins. Origins does crazy poo poo like that all the time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

TwoPair posted:

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post is that I think the thing Gordon might be wanting to talk to Batman about might be Joker's death, and not just in the "are you okay" way. At the end of the story, Gordon's one of the people outside the gates when Batman carries Joker outside yelling for answers on what happened, but Batman doesn't talk about it then, and apparently (from the way this DLC treats it) still hasn't talked about it. And Gordon wants to know because Gordon needs to know, because even though Gotham has some weird semi-sanctioned relationship with Batman when it comes to vigilantism, everyone generally accepts that Batman doesn't kill. But if, like Harley's henchmen, no one really knows what happened in there, then it alters Gordon's perception of Batman, and possibly their whole relationship.

There's a tie-in comic that reveals Gordon and Batman performed an autopsy on Joker's body to make sure he was the real deal and cremated him once they verified it.

Joker also had some post-mortem "I'm taking you with me, Bats" death plan, too, because of course he does.

And Batman survives it with literally no explanation as to how other than the excuse that he's Batman.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

TwoPair posted:

tl;dr: Gordon wants to talk to Batman to make positively sure Batman hasn't started killin' guys.

Wouldn't this be confirmed by performing an autopsy on Joker and seeing that the titan poising did him in?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

Wouldn't this be confirmed by performing an autopsy on Joker and seeing that the titan poising did him in?

If I recall correctly, there's a reason they can't do it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

There's a tie-in comic that reveals Gordon and Batman performed an autopsy on Joker's body to make sure he was the real deal and cremated him once they verified it.

Joker also had some post-mortem "I'm taking you with me, Bats" death plan, too, because of course he does.

And Batman survives it with literally no explanation as to how other than the excuse that he's Batman.

That tie-in comic was, btw, terrible. People complaining about the writing of the game should really check it out to get some perspective.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GoneWithTheTornado posted:

I guess. That was just me theorizin'. It's probably a sequel hook like Scruffy said.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Onmi posted:

Seriously, you leave this goofy motherfucker alone marvel.

Every time Marvel takes Spider-man away from the angst, he becomes a loving great character,

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

That tie-in comic was, btw, terrible. People complaining about the writing of the game should really check it out to get some perspective.

I can vouch for this. It was pretty ridiculous overall.

zA Zombie
Dec 31, 2011

TwoPair posted:

Well yeah, but that's Origins. Origins does crazy poo poo like that all the time.
It sure does.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Time to put this one to bed.

Harley Quinn's Comeuppance/Polsy

Campaign Challenge: Ruthless Vengeance/Polsy with Catwoman

I did 100 percent. Despite my earlier claims to not be doing that. Time to uninstall this game forever! Maybe!

As for what's next, I'm going to be making a long trip and maybe getting a new computer (or replacing the hard drive at least), and then we'll go back to the future.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

So, how do you get Adam West Batman suit in this game?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Samovar posted:

So, how do you get Adam West Batman suit in this game?

All the DLC or pre-order skins came with the GOTY edition of the game, 1970s Batsuit was a pre-order thing from Toys R Us.

A much better Adam West batsuit is available in Arkham Origins but I believe that's a PS3 exclusive skin that never got skin DLC.

ConfusedPig
Mar 27, 2013

Do you get something specific for 100 percenting the game besides satisfying your OCD?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Achievement, so no.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

I found the whole "man, Harley sure is a big fat dumb idiot that's stupid, isn't she?" bit in this last bit to be oddly uncomfortable.

Good luck moving, man.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
I was going to say, I feel for Harley at that point, man.

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Yeah, the DLC really doesn't let up on Harley, does it? The only person she cares about is dead, she planned for a baby and lost it, and everyone in the game sees her as a laughingstock. And the writers keep giving her lines to showcase that, yeah, she's just an airheaded putz who doesn't learn, so you should beat the poo poo out of her.

Like come on, she lost her kid, and villain or no villain that loving sucks, cut her a break.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
I don't think she lost her kid as much as it was a false positive. It remains to be seen how she acts in Arkham Knight but I hope they crib at least some from Injustice Harley, where she realizes that Joker was a toxic influence on her and uses her training as a force for .. well.. if not "good" at least "Benign poo poo kicking of evil assholes"

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Conversely, I would be interested to see her take "my life was defined by the Joker" to an extreme, completely break from reality and transform herself into her own version of the Joker, tinted by her hero worship but completely separate from the Harley persona.

But yeah over and over this game seems to display a great dislike of Harley, and that saddens me because I liked her in the cartoon.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 13, 2015

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Kurieg posted:

I don't think she lost her kid as much as it was a false positive. It remains to be seen how she acts in Arkham Knight but I hope they crib at least some from Injustice Harley, where she realizes that Joker was a toxic influence on her and uses her training as a force for .. well.. if not "good" at least "Benign poo poo kicking of evil assholes"

Yeah, I don't think she miscarried, I think it was just a false positive. Either way, it was still the only bright spot she'd had in the aftermath of Joker's death and then it was taken away from her.

The DLC (and the entire game) really goes out of its way to poo poo all over Harley and I don't care for it. Fortunately, the one preview she's in for Arkham Knight seems to have her in a more chipper mood so hopefully she's moved on :unsmith:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Man, that robot head kick in the final fight sure was something. :allears:

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Do any of the background stories ever explain why Harley's logo is something from a medieval Japanese aristocrat family?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they were trading in diamonds?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Asehujiko posted:

Do any of the background stories ever explain why Harley's logo is something from a medieval Japanese aristocrat family?

They don't because it's got nothing to do with Japan. It's basically a harlequin check:

Here's what actual harlequins looked like:

See the similarity?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'd like to point out that, for all of the "Harley sure is dumb" talk that Rocksteady tries to put in, Harley managed to rig up Ra's al Ghul's century old robots to fight even though they were exploding and falling apart when Batman scanned their video data in Wonder City.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I wonder if that is actually a joke that those guys have done, i.e. everyone makes fun of Harley being thick, but she's by far the smartest person in all the games... but then I see the rest of the game, and I very much doubt that was deliberate.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'd like to point out that, for all of the "Harley sure is dumb" talk that Rocksteady tries to put in, Harley managed to rig up Ra's al Ghul's century old robots to fight even though they were exploding and falling apart when Batman scanned their video data in Wonder City.

She ain't dumb, but she sure is crazy.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
"We're gonna pluck you, Robin!"
Nice to see that lame-comeback henchmen is still finding work. :unsmith:

Also, the bomb disarming animation is hilariously similar to the one used in Saints Row 3/4 and I can't help but laugh at it.

ManlyGrunting fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 13, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I like how Oracle says in Arkham Asylum that the only way things could get worse is if there was a giant Joker robot.

And then, in this game, Harley builds a giant Joker robot. :allears:

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got
The part with Joker's origin being a multiple choice is a neat idea. Comic book writer Mark Waid played with the idea in the two page "villain origin" backup in the otherwise dire series "Countdown (to Infinite Crisis)".

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Just discovered and caught up with this LP in about a week. This has all been great, and I can't wait for you to start the next game!

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.

Or is it Sputnik posted:

The part with Joker's origin being a multiple choice is a neat idea. Comic book writer Mark Waid played with the idea in the two page "villain origin" backup in the otherwise dire series "Countdown (to Infinite Crisis)".

Actually, that comes all the way back to the Killing Joke, with Joker saying that sometimes he remembers his origin differently, but he prefers it to be multiple choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Lotish posted:

But yeah over and over this game seems to display a great dislike of Harley, and that saddens me because I liked her in the cartoon.

Too poop on your childhood. Paul Dini the cartoon's show-runner and her creator is the guy who defined her as a ditzy idiot who slept her way to her diploma and started that train.

Also she blows up poor children by giving away free exploding gameboys now in the Nu52.

• Locked thread