Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Dash

"So you expect me to just hover over there and dodge melta blasts?"
Dash frowns. "I'd thought you'd never loving ask. A pity it sounds like they got armor. I kinda wanted to try to beat my record." He picks at his teeth. "Three ground targets impaled on the nose antennae on one pass, granted those were just the Hydra crew standing on top of a building. Reasonably flat ground and a VTOL can run people over just as well as a russ at 10 times the speed. In theory."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Xanatova

Xanatova looks at Jaizon, Boli, and Pierre. "Ra'tut'seh has had ten millennia to develop a self.preservation instinct. Unless there's something major we don't know about going on, I doubt he expects to actually receive the orb as it is." No servant of Tzeentch that had managed to stay alive since the Horus Heresy could possibly be that naive. "And remember, it is still conductive to our continued aliveness to not make an enemy out of Aethun. I'm on general principle opposed to plans that go out of their way to get us on a daemon prince's poo poo-list for no discernible gain."

If we're going into combat, spending my xp on Precognitive Strike for 300xp (had 50 banked). Picking Daemonic Mask as the phenomena from earlier. Furies couldn't have passed my TB, but I think a corruption point is a more fitting consequence than a fear test.

Waci fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Dec 22, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Boli

Boli rubs his hands together excitedly, "I know! That's what will make it so entertaining. Hopefully we get to watch the fallout."

When Dash mentions his hope for entertaining piloting, Boli nods, "Young man, if you have that great a desire to throw the guncutter through high-gee turns I am sure there will be a rooftop where you can set down those of us who would rather not. As long as I'm not liable to be cornered by ladies with flamers I am unconcerned with from where I fire off my grenades."

Am at my folks & away from books for at least another 10 days. Will spend XP later, it probably wouldn't be on anything relevant anyway.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hashim

"I have no issue with assaulting at night, sorcerer. Perhaps if the Sisters were willing to engage us in melee willingly the answer would be different, but dodging multitudes of melta blasts has never truly been a worthy test of skill. Our objective is their annihilation, and doing it efficiently will work fine. Those of us who can drop out of the cutter midflight should, and take the sentries, while the rest land or keep watch for any milling reinforcements with its weapons."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Ra'tut'seh is as silent as his war-host as those of the Sovereign lay out their battle plans. As they finish their discussions, he finally comments on them. "This isn't a bulding made of matchsticks you know. It's a solid stone building carved out of the side of a mountain. I don't know how likely it will be that Mr. Jaizon will be able to just be dropped through the roof, but I'm interested in the results of him trying. I think you're all over-thinking this, and that's coming from a Thousand Son Sorcerer!" He punctuates his last sentence by flashing his hand out to his sides quickly. "I and my merry band of eight will make our way up the perilous mountain trail up to the Monastery. Once we've engaged the sororitas guarding the gate, you all come in and do whatever. You should just be able to land the guncutter right in the courtyard, all of you pile out, and just attack from there, but if you wish to go through all the trouble of bouncing Jaizon off the roof and having your other two marines jump out of the damned ship while the humans watch, well be my guest. Now I would like assistance in getting my squad at least to the base of the mountain."

The group obliges and drops Ra'tut'seh and his rubric marines at the base of the mountain, and they begin to make their way single file up the mountain on a very narrow pathway, forcing them to march single file at first, with Ra'tut'sehat the lead of his rubric marines. The crew leaves the guncutter there, and wait an agonizing 12 hours until Ra'tut'seh gives vox that he is within range and about to attack. What took his squad 12 hours takes the guncutter less than ten minutes to climb. The ship raises up and over the walls to see the foot path, much wider nearer the compound, held by Ra'tut'seh and his marines in a diamond formation. Bolter fire rains on them from the main gatehouse, which they return with their infernal Tzeentchian bolts. Ra'tut'seh Seems to have put a kenetic shield in place, aiding his "men" out in the open.

Seeing so few sisters in the actually defending the place, Dash feels comfortable landing the guncutter for a quick touch and go. allowing everyone except Jaizon to quickly disembark. As soon as everyone is on foot, Dash angles the guncutter up to try and get as close to the main cathedral as possible to allow Jaizon to step off, as opposed to fall off the Guncutter.

okay, everyone give me initiative, roll on your online roller of choice/acolytedice.

Ronwayne, also roll me a +0 Operate Aeronautica check to see if you can get close to the cathedral to let dyne off without him taking damage/you crashing the guncutter, since this thing has like two big towers Notre Dame style.

If your minion is with you indicate they are, or else I assume they are on the gun cutter.

As usual post your actions for several turns and I will post whenever anything major happens, like catastrophic wounds or you kill everyone.

Blue and yellow stuff are the thousand sons. Pink circles are normal sisters, pink diamonds are heavy weapons sisters.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash

"Ladies and gentlemen this is yer captain speaking. We like to welcome you onboard infernal flight 666 to non stop to Ironbitch pain station. Flight duration is around 120 seconds and we are expecting a fairly smooth flight today with occasional bursts of vehicle melting plasma and radiation. Please refer to the emergency complementary voidsuits in the alcove above you and remember this is a nonsmoking flight until the moment we get hit. Thank you for your patronage and enjoy the flight." It was important to demonstrate you brought something to the table when on your first mission for a warband. Dash hits the afterburners after aligning with a more or less 90 degree angle with the planets surface from orbit and the team is treated to a short, blissful 2 minute long 9 G pull. Dash is not going to push his luck this time, and he pulls up with nearly 50 meters to spare on the ground. Retrorockets fire as he dips over the courtyard. "Have fun!" The last person out feels the tail of the cutter blast centimeters past their head as they hop out as it careens upwards to the two towers. "Okay Father, uh, YOU away." He opens the door and a half ton of icky poo marine sails directly toward the imperial structure.

init 17

And a friggen 1 on my flyer roll. That's 7 base dos+1 from adroit+1 from copilot, for 9 DoS :frogc00l:

Going to strafe targets of opportunity until something else comes up

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Corvax

Firing wildly at the large group of Sisters that were attempting to hold off the plodding advance of the Rubricae, Corvax attempted to force them to take cover before making his way over to the largest building where Jaizon had just landed. When the inevitable attempt to escape from his sorcery came, he would be ready to rout them with a decisive display of violence. His proxy had received her orders before landing: put down any Sisters bearing weapons that could harm Corvax himself, then cripple their leadership. Take them alive if possible.

Corvax Initiative (Add 3), then Lucretia Initiative (Add 8, best of 2):: 3#1d10 7 1 7
Corvax 10, Lucretia 15

Giving Jaizon my +10 for the turn before he goes out of sight/hearing, and then giving it to any PC trying to kill the melta-bearing sisters.

Corvax will spend the first turn suppressing the sisters in-between the gate (Hits under 10)
and then wait in front of the large building delaying until anything comes out. He will then interrupt their walking out with a TN70 swing.
Corvax's Priorities: TN80 swings at High-Ranking Sisters (The cannonesses, et cetera) > Hordes of Sisters > Normal Sisters
Lucretia's Priorities: TN 60x2 (BS 40 + Single Shot 10 + Red Dot 10) at Heavy-Weapons Sisters > High-Ranking Sisters > Normal Sisters

Willing to spend IP to re-roll the first swing above, and the usual "not die" stuff.

pre:
     WS   BS   S      T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
     60   30  (9)50 (8)40  30   40   30   40  55(+5) 51, 5/5 IP

Wounds: 18/18         Armour: 10 Body, 8 All Else. +20 STR
Dodge: 30, Parry 90      Corruption: 30

Legion Bolt pistol  30m  S/2/–   1d10+9X    Pen.4  8/8  Full Reload | Tearing
The Void Harvester  Melee —      1d10+20E   Pen.8       Balanced, +10WS, Legacy of Excess 
							Power Field, Terrorizer
Relevant Traits/Talents
Power Field - +1 "Damage" to Horde Magnitude
Terrorizer - User gains Fear (1) for the duration of the fight after killing an enemy.
Helmet Auto-Senses and CSM Heightened Senses = +20 to hearing/sight, fast called shots.
Chain Legguards
pre:
     WS   BS   S   T   Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
     05   40   10  20  40(8) 20   40   35   40(8) 

Wounds: 4/4   Dodge: 50  Armour: 9 All (2 Synskin, 5 Ablative, 2 Natural)

2x Q'Sal Crystal Caster  15m  S/-/–   1d10+6E  Pen.5  5/5 Rld:Full.
Qualities: Razor Sharp, Crippling (6), Shocking (-20) test if absorbed/deflected
Add-Ons: Silencer, Red-Dot Sight

Relevant Traits/Talents
Ambidextrous/2WW/Gunslinger, Quick Draw, Hip Shooting. Mighty Shot (included above)

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Father Jaizon

Standing at the open doorway of the guncutter as it takes off from dropping the rest of the group off, Jaizon turns his head towards Dash, grinning from ear to ear. "Take me right up to the buttress, Captain! And I expect with your incomparable flying expertise that you will have a button to extend a red carpet for me once we have made it up there, yes?"

And Jaizon was right; with the skills of Dash behind the helm of the guncutter, Jaizon finds them perfectly aligned parallel to the side of the cathedral and slightly above it, which is perfect for the plague marine's entrance. He laughs heartily and turns again, giving Dash a little salute. "My many thanks to you, O Captain, My Captain! If you will be so kind, before me lies a church with my flock that has yet to hear my gospel, and what sort of preacher would I be if I were to simply skip mass?" With a grin, he turns, and jumps from the side of the vehicle to land on the walkway on top of the cathedral.

Werix said this place is basically Notre Dame but buried partway in a mountain.

I'm imagining that Dash can put me right up top between the two spires there.

Once he has landed, Jaizon checks himself over and dusts himself off. With a simple rite, he disables the environmental sealing on his power armor that had so far kept the others safe from his miasma, but now? Now he had some preaching to do. The very thought brought a smile to his face, and with a litany on his lips he makes his way through the arch to seek the bell ringer and, from there, stairs down to the sancturary.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent lands in a crouch which quickly turns into a sprint taking him towards the cathedral. With little cover between himself and the gates, he figures his best move is to get inside and start slaughtering the inhabitants. "Jaizon," he voxes as he runs, "I'm headed in the ground floor. I will try and connect up with you inside. Keep me appraised."

Taking Run actions until I get inside, then quick drawing my sword and killing some people. Will attempt to ascend to meet Jaizon as he comes down.

Initiative = 10

pre:
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
60     31     50    30    40     25      30      40     30

Wounds: 12/12      IP: 4/4
Armour: All 6

Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special

Good Bolter      100m   S/3/-   1d10+5X   4    24/24    2     Full    Tearing

Power Sword      Melee          1d10+5E   5                           Power Field, Balanced

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)
- Dodge +10
- Parry +10
- Sure Strike
- Disarm

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Pierre Loubieres

"Lucien, keep those heavy weapons busy," Pierre says as he rushes directly toward the gate. He was hoping that Ra'tut'seh and his marines outside would distract the Sororitas long enough to get within sword's reach before he was noticed.

Lucien will suppress the heavy weapon sisters (BS 30 to hit). Charge or run toward the gate sisters.

pre:
Pierre

WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Per  Int  WP   Fel  Inf
50   35   30   30   40   30   35   30   63   50

Wounds: 11/11            Dodge: 50
IP:     5/5              Armour: Head 7, Body 7, Arms 7, Legs 7
CP:     27               Refractor Field (30/10), Beguiling Gem (Opponents in melee must pass WP -10 test to make actions)

Laspistol  30m  S/2/-  1d10+2E  Pen.0  30/30  Reliable, Good-Craftsmanship
Sword      Melee       1d10+4R  Pen.2         Balanced, Best-Craftsmanship, Toxic (0), Cursed Metal
pre:
Lucien

WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Per  Int  WP   Fel
10   40   20   40   40   40   10   40   10

Wounds: 12/12            Dodge: 60
                         Armour: Head 8, Body 8, Arms 8, Legs 8

Heavy Stubber  100m  -/-/8  1d10+5I  Pen.3  75/75

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hashim

Hashim frowned as he observed the mere five defenders at the gate already being hard-pressed by the Tzeentchian marines. With that small a force, he'd rather just ignore it and find something worthier. In fact, with one of their number already ignoring the gate, he might as well make it two. As the cutter, lifted off again, he stayed by the door and glanced at the Plague Marine. "I think I'll be joining you in the Basilica, Jaizon. There should be worthier foes there. That said, I'll go before and rouse the rabble to hear you." With that said, and as Dash brought the cutter around in its final approach to the top, he jumped out the open back before lighting his jump pack and crashing straight through that colorful window displaying their corpse Emperor and into the room beyond.

If there's not actual window similar to that, then I guess I'll be boring and go up to the buttress as well. If there is, looking to land on someone if possible, or just land as far in as I can if not.

Monastery Initiative: 2#1d10+4 11

pre:
     WS   BS   S      T     Ag   Int   Per     WP   Fel  Inf
     55   40  75(11) 45(8)  40   35  25[35*]   50   35    31

*Sight, Hearing

Wounds: 20/20   IP: 3/3  Armour: 10 Body, 8 Elsewhere    Toughness Bonus: 8
Dodge: 50, Parry 80      Corruption: 34

Legion Bolter        100m  S/3/5;   1d10+9X     Pen.4  24/24 Tearing
Best Legion Flamer    20m  S/-/-;   1d10+9E     Pen 4  6/6   Flame, Spray, Reliable
Legion Power Sword   Melee -;       1d10+17E    Pen 6        Power Field, Balanced 
Good Lightning Claw  Melee -;       1d10+17E    Pen 8        Power Field, Proven(4), Special 
Best Forearm P.Blade Melee -;       1d10+13E    Pen 4        Power Field, Balanced, Defensive, Exotic

Relevant Traits/Talents/Equipment
-Chain Bandoliers: Any non-Power Field melee attack that hits the body must check to see if
 it is damaged as if being parried by a Power Weapon.
-When inflicting Zealous Hatred, may choose to reroll the crit result. Second result stands.
-Trophy Rack: Melee attacks directed against wearer take a -5 penalty to WS(subject to GM discretion).
 +10 on Intimidate checks, -10 on Stealth checks
-Illusion of Normalcy: Gain Unremarkable Trait; enemies are always Surprised when you attack(GM discretion).

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 31, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli and Ron

Boli gingerly climbs down from the guncutter and then runs for the shadows of the courtyard fringes, hesitating only momentarily to look toward the sound of breaking windows up above. Once he reaches the reassuringly solid wall, he kneels and spins one of the frag canisters of his grenade launcher. It had a kick, so hopefully he wouldn't have to move much.

Ron, by contrast just squats down in the middle of the courtyard and fires off a burst at the southern heavy weapon tower. Perhaps a suitable mass of sisters would appear, or some stragglers would pass by. Perhaps those more interesting targets would force him to move, but for now he assumes his role of distracting turret.

Assuming map is compass aligned. Boli moves to the nearest shadows from the drop off point and attempts to hide himself and brace his grenade launcher. Stealth is effective 60.
Ron stays exactly where he was dropped and suppresses the south tower. BS vs 15

I can't remember my orokos password and invisible castle seems dead. Please roll my intiative, or just put me at the end, tia.
I am at home now: Initiatives: 2#1d10 2 2 That's 7 for Boli and 5 for Ron

pre:
Boli
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel    Inf
45     25     32    30    30     52      25      50     60     40

Wounds: 10/10        InfP: 4/4      Movement: 3
Armour: 0 (Holo-suit)     Toughness Bonus: 3
Dodge: 15, Parry: 75 with best balanced sword), Awareness: 25

Holo-suit: All attacks against Boli are at -20 to WS/BS. +30 concealment when stationary and another -20 to BS tests

Displacer Field: Protection 55, Overload 15
   ~~ Displaces 3d10 metres, 1d5 rounds "away" and 1 CP if a triple

Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen  Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special
Flame Cannon      30m   S/-/-  1d10+4E    2    6/6    2/2   2Full   Flame, Spray, Recharge
CPR Grenade Lchr  60m   S/-/-                               2Full   Requires bracing
        ~~ Frags (loaded)      2d10  X    0    6/6    1/2           Blast(3)
        ~~ Krak                2d10+4X    6    6/6    0/1           Concussive(0)  
Good Laspistol    30m   S/2/-  1d10+2E    0   30/30   2/2    Half   Reliable
Best VenomSword	  ---   ---    1d10+4R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Toxic(0)
pre:
Ron
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel    Loyalty
01     35     20  30(6)   30     10      35      13     01       70 

Wounds: 12/12        Movement: 6
Armour: 7 All (3 flak plates + 4 Machine)    Toughness Bonus: 6 
Dodge: 40, Parry: 01          Awareness: 40 (50 visual, darksight)

Weapon         Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Ammo    Clips  Reload  Special
Multilaser     150m   -/-/5  2d10+10E   2   100/100   2/2    Full   Reliable

goatface fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 4, 2015

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Outside

The gunship quickly takes off having dropped off it's ground based cargo, and then quickly moves to drop off the other two marines, one flying through a window, while the other starts to make his way down the stairs of the cathedral's bell tower. With that Dash pulls the gunship back to be able to begin strafing runs. Those that hit the ground move quickly. Corvax and Lucretia fan out, Corvax takes a position at the door to cut down any sisters that run outside, while Lucretia drops to a knee and starts to let loose at the Heavy bolter wielding Sororitas in the tower, nailing the north one.

Boli begins to take off towards the building for cover while Pierre begins to run towards the Sororitas, while Ron and Lucien try to suppress the sisters wielding heavy weapons, having no luck in overcoming the indomitable will of the Emperor. Over the next several seconds a very important question is asked by those taking part in the operation, and that one question is, "why are we even here?"

The reasoning for said question is that Ra'tut'seh and his Rubric marines clean up the soritas in but two volleys of fire. their first volley of Tzeentchian Inferno bolts rip through the sisters like they are not there, their bodies wracked with the micro explosions of the mass reactive rounds, covering the area between the two towers in bits of blood and bone. The next salvo eliminates the two sororitas in the tower; while another follow-up shot by Lucretia makes the job a little easier, there is no doubt in anyone's mind that as their warp-infused weapons pass through the tower ramparts as if they were nothing, the rubric marines could have handled it fine on their own.

With the paltry resistance at the gate crushed, everyone looks at each other for a few seconds and begin to make their way towards the main chapel while Dash begins to bring the guncutter in for a landing. That landing is quickly aborted when the large doors on the far side of the complex open up and a multi-metla equipped immolator tank flies out, a squad of sisters on foot behind it. A stern looking Sororitas in the middle of the formation yells out, "How dare you defile this holy place Chaos Scum! We have destroyed daemons greater than you, you shall not be a challenge!"

Inside:
Hashim crashes through the giant stained glass window, letting in shards of glass and the cold night air. Inside he finds a massive stone cathedral, very much typical for the Imperium. Tapestries and purity seals hang from the walls, and the dim place is lit by candles. It takes little time for Vincent to make his way inside, leaving the others outside to destroy the paltry defense forces. It becomes quickly evident that the portion of the Cathedral that sticks out from the mountain-side is but a small portion of the building, as most of the grand chamber is carved out of the stone. Jaizon makes his way through the bell tower in short order and exits from a side door, to join the others in the middle of the space. No sisters can be spotted, and the only visible exit is a large set of double doors behind the ornate altar at the end of the space.

Okay, so 8 rubric marines wreck face. Warp weapon is a good special weapon quality, must remember to throw some of those at you later.

First sororitas group is down, but their big sisters are here! The circles are standard sororitas, the squares are heavy weapons. The black ones are Heavy bolters, and the orange are multi-meltas. the Immolator has twin-linked multi-meltas. Star is the slightly better looking sister talking poo poo.

Two bad most of the astartes are inside, it's on you to tank this poo poo Jolinaxas! Combat order/stats:
Dash
Lucretia
Corvax
Lucien
Ra and rubrics
-Rubric 1 26/30
Boli
Pierre
Ron
Sisters

Red and purple diamond-Corvax
Red and purple circle-Lucretia
Red and yellow circle-Pierre
Red and orange circle-Lucien
Red and grey circle-Boli
Red and grey star-ron

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash

Having dropped the cathedral stormers off, Dash flips the cutter around and hurries back to the court yard. He can see the Sisters pausing as they set up for the shot. Oh hey, it looks like the Imperials are monolouging again. A storm of stubber rounds cuts short whatever bravado they were engaged in.

Surpressive fire on that wad of sisters in the court yard. With the twinlinked MIU stubbers, that's -20wp due to full auto to avoid being pinned. BS50-20surpressive fire+10miu=40+whatever penalties due to strafing (not holding still when people have friggen plasma and melta)

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 7, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli and Ron

Tanks, being largely immune to the effects of a leading conversation and a well placed heretical text, are not in Boli's remit. He takes one look at the great machine with the weapons that would mist him without effort, and moves in the opposite direction. On his way to cover he sends a few commands ordering Ron to head south-west at speed, sisters using the tank as cover shouldn't be a significant concern, but he'd been told flanking was always beneficial.

Boli is running 18m North-East to get out of the sister's sight behind the large building. Ron is running 36m South West towards the lower building.

Boli's total penalty to anything shooting at him is -40 (-20 from holo-suit, -20 from running), Ron's is just the -20 from running.

edit - If more turns are run, Boli will brace and then fire his grenade launcher at any groups of Sisters he can see while peeking round the corner. Ron will half-aim and lay down suppressing fire.

pre:
Boli
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel    Inf
45     25     32    30    30     52      25      50     60     40

Wounds: 10/10        InfP: 4/4      Movement: 3
Armour: 0 (Holo-suit)     Toughness Bonus: 3
Dodge: 15, Parry: 75 with best balanced sword), Awareness: 25

Holo-suit: All attacks against Boli are at -20 to WS/BS. +30 concealment when stationary and another -20 to BS tests

Displacer Field: Protection 55, Overload 15
   ~~ Displaces 3d10 metres, 1d5 rounds "away" and 1 CP if a triple

Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen  Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special
Flame Cannon      30m   S/-/-  1d10+4E    2    6/6    2/2   2Full   Flame, Spray, Recharge
CPR Grenade Lchr  60m   S/-/-                               2Full   Requires bracing
        ~~ Frags (loaded)      2d10  X    0    6/6    1/2           Blast(3)
        ~~ Krak                2d10+4X    6    6/6    0/1           Concussive(0)  
Good Laspistol    30m   S/2/-  1d10+2E    0   30/30   2/2    Half   Reliable
Best VenomSword	  ---   ---    1d10+4R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Toxic(0)
pre:
Ron
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel    Loyalty
01     35     20  30(6)   30     10      35      13     01       70 

Wounds: 12/12        Movement: 6
Armour: 7 All (3 flak plates + 4 Machine)    Toughness Bonus: 6 
Dodge: 40, Parry: 01          Awareness: 40 (50 visual, darksight)

Weapon         Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Ammo    Clips  Reload  Special
Multilaser     150m   -/-/5  2d10+10E   2    95/100   2/2    Full   Reliable

goatface fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jan 6, 2015

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent doesn't break stride as he takes in the empty cathedral. His sword occasionally flickers out to sever a candle or slice through a tapestry. He clicks open a channel to Boli as he moves, "You'd love it in here, Father. Perfect place to put a stack of Sister skulls."

Gonna keep on trucking towards the big ol' doors.

pre:
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
60     31     50    30    40     25      30      40     30

Wounds: 12/12      IP: 4/4
Armour: All 6

Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special

Good Bolter      100m   S/3/-   1d10+5X   4    24/24    2     Full    Tearing

Power Sword      Melee          1d10+5E   5                           Power Field, Balanced

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)
- Dodge +10
- Parry +10
- Sure Strike
- Blademaster

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"Mr. Dimarco, there is a loving melta tank out here. Have they got the good incense with the opiates in, or the cheap stuff that smells faintly like compost?"

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hashim

Plowing through several pews as he landed, Hashim noted the lack of any resistance with annoyance. Still, secondary goals and all that. The double doors leading further in looked promising though, and so that was where he headed at a run. Even if they had taken the convent by surprise, there was no reason to give this group of the Emperor's Whores a moment to recover, and so speed was their friend. Still, there was always the possibility of a trap, and so he 'opened' the doors with his bolter before crashing through their remains.

Unless those doors look like more than simple wooden doors, or there's any trap inside/behind them, which given I'm shooting them repeatedly should be readily apparent, I'm just charging straight through. Probably penalties for shooting at it this way, but really, it's a double door. Shock tactics, don't give them a moment to regain their balance, etc, etc.

Also, tank? What tank? I certainly don't see or hear one. :v:

pre:
     WS   BS   S      T     Ag   Int   Per     WP   Fel  Inf
     55   40  75(11) 45(8)  40   35  25[35*]   50   35    31

*Sight, Hearing

Wounds: 20/20   IP: 3/3  Armour: 10 Body, 8 Elsewhere    Toughness Bonus: 8
Dodge: 50, Parry 80      Corruption: 34

Legion Bolter        100m  S/3/5;   1d10+9X     Pen.4  24/24 Tearing
Best Legion Flamer    20m  S/-/-;   1d10+9E     Pen 4  6/6   Flame, Spray, Reliable
Legion Power Sword   Melee -;       1d10+17E    Pen 6        Power Field, Balanced 
Good Lightning Claw  Melee -;       1d10+17E    Pen 8        Power Field, Proven(4), Special 
Best Forearm P.Blade Melee -;       1d10+13E    Pen 4        Power Field, Balanced, Defensive, Exotic

Relevant Traits/Talents/Equipment
-Chain Bandoliers: Any non-Power Field melee attack that hits the body must check to see if
 it is damaged as if being parried by a Power Weapon.
-When inflicting Zealous Hatred, may choose to reroll the crit result. Second result stands.
-Trophy Rack: Melee attacks directed against wearer take a -5 penalty to WS(subject to GM discretion).
 +10 on Intimidate checks, -10 on Stealth checks
-Illusion of Normalcy: Gain Unremarkable Trait; enemies are always Surprised when you attack(GM discretion).

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent breathes deeply in through his nose before he responds, "Oh you know Sisters, they don't spare any expense to worship their corpse-god. Especially if it has anything to do with fire." He chuckles, "But I guess you knew that. Tactica Imperialis doesn't recommend infantry fighting tanks head on. Might want to get to cover and let the Rubrics handle that."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

"Yes, the Codex Astartes recommends the same. Thank the Gods we have these wizened texts to assure us not to engage in close combat with a melta-tank. Everyone into the church! They'll either be forced to enter on foot, or destroy their own edifice to bring their tank to bear. Dash, you're about to be the only non-Rubricae target, I suggest maneuvering around to the gate side of the church. I'd hate to lose our exit strategy."

Giving Dash my 10% to GTFO if necessary. Moving into the church.

pre:
Statblocks are above

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Jaizon

The plague pastor hums to himself as he strolls up the center alleyway of the church, looking around to take in everything around him. He was mildly annoyed the others had arrived, particularly since there was no one else around him, and had seen to it to re-seal his suit so as to not horribly infect the others; he wasn't sure they had chosen to maintain the environmental seals on their suits or not, which, in contrast, was somewhat ironic and amusing. Here, the nurgle, keeps his suit's seals intact to prevent from killing and infecting his comrades, who, on the opposite side of the token, had not seen fit to keep their suits capable of filtering out diseases and poisons.

Finally arriving at the altar, he takes a moment to inspect it, only looking up as Hashim begins firing with wanton abandon at the double doors, before crashing bodily into it like some sort of Khornate madman. Jaizon tilts his head; WAS Hashim a Khornate, or did he worship another god? He realizes he hasn't really gotten to know the others and where they stand on the roads to damnation as well as he would like, and makes a mental note to share some downtime with them to learn their particulars.

No combat actions from me yet, but defensive wise, I've got 65 Toughness, Unnatural Toughness +5, Stuff of Nightmares, AG 32, and WP 50.

Also you guys in here with me may wanna put on your respirators or environmentally seal your suits, cause I am actually infected with Nurgle's Rot and Festering Shroud, and I'd like to get it up in the sisters when they show up without killing you dudes.

Festering Shroud - infects people within 7m, they must make a toughness test or suffer 1d5 on the impact crit table, adding +1 to the roll for every DoF beyond the first

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Luckily for me, my suit actually does have an active Osmotic Gill. One reason I agreed to go with you. :)

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Doesn't do anything if your helmet is off! Stop trying to show off and let me fart my plagues! :v:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli isn't wearing armour. YOLO etc. Maybe I should get him flesh-shaped into something that can resist poisons and things.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Fluff picture is fluff. Hashim believes in the value of a well-worn helmet, with hat bolted to the top. He's no dumb Space Marine Captain. :smug:

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Admittedly, Corvax is the type to usually go helmetless, but since their plans involved turning Jaizon into a walking biological weapon, I'm going to go out on a limb and say he brought his.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Yeah wanted to be sure you guys weren't gonna be hosed by me just airin' out and all that.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Not sure if my carapace armor's helmet is sealed enough, so, Werix, I'll be maintaining my distance from the gross goon.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just as a slightly meta-gamey aside: Tzeentchian inferno bolts only have warp weapon against living targets, they're actually less effective against tanks than normal bolter shells are. This is a situation where huge buffmen with power-weapons who could get on top of a tank (perhaps with a jump-pack), murder the gunner and then smash their way inside would probably be useful.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Was going to update, but I seem to see a little break in battle plans here. Is it the intent of the outside team to run inside into the church while leaving Dash and the Thousand Son's to get murdered by engage the Immolator? Half the team is inside, and it looks like Jolinaxas plan is to go inside too, though some of the humans seem to want to stay outside.

Just want to be sure, since that Immolator will outright kill folks if it hits well, and I'd hate for goatface and maliciousonion to be killed outside by that thing while all the marines are inside.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Well, judging by the map posted previously, if we all head in and Dash temporarily hides, they'll have to move the tank around the corner and forward to bring it to bear against the rubricae. Plus, if we're in there drawing mustaches on the Emperor icons or whatever, maybe some of them will be stupid enough to follow us in.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli was going to stay outside and hide himself behind some decorative masonry, unless you really want him inside in which case he'll either follow people in or smash a window and climb through round the far side of the building. He's not going to try and fight a tank, and he'd rather not have to personally fight any power-armoured sisters.

Ron is going to do as I previously said, so the round after he can renew suppression.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
well i guess we will wait to see what MaliciousOnion posts for his action. If he also wants to stay outside then you two can brave it, but if he also goes inside then i would highly suggest you follow.

Anything left outside will be fired upon and likely killed, including minions.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Can I try to steal the immolator?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Waci posted:

Can I try to steal the immolator?

due to your posting I'd actually just written you off as out of the game.

You can try to steal the immolator if you can close distance and get your way through a locked side hatch while a squad of sisters shoot at you.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I'd rather not go up against a tank without marine support. Pierre is pragmatic. Also, hiding outside and not really doing anything doesn't seem like much fun.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If someone (Boli in this case, though someone with an actually good BS would be better) ran out of the gate and down the path, is there a vaguely safe place where he could get aboard the guncutter and man the autocannon?

Alternatively, could he just lock it in the forward position and pull the trigger whenever Dash swings the cutter in the right way and said "Bang"? With his eyes closed, while trying to ignore the G-forces.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Chaos Divided
Upon the sight of an Immolator tank rounding the corner, the forces of Chaos trying to hold the outside scatter. Corvax, takign a page from his Chapter's "hand's off" strategy makes a mad dash for the still open door of the Imperial shine left open by Vincent. Lucretia is hot on the heels of her master, and dashes into the edifice of the cathedral. Pierre and Lucien just as keen to remain alive as the astartes retreat into the church as well.

It is Father Boli and Ron who are not inclined to retreat, at least not into the unknown quantity that is an Imperial cathedral. Boli makes a run for the rubric marines, while he sends Ron on a last ditch effort to try and suppress the Sororitas. As fast as he runs, he cannot make it even towards the gatehouse before the sororitas round the corner. Dash flies by the compound and lets loose a hail of stubber fire, but the sororitas see the guncutter's fast movement and they know that they are not at substantial risk of actually being hit, seeing through the obvious attempt to scare them into cover.

The Sororitas Immolator, apparently not concerned with the concelt of "overkill" takes aim at Boli with the twin-linked Multi-meltas on top. Boli's skin begins to blister as the shots fly past him, but the Gods apparently are smiling upon his hubris, as the shots go wide; scorching the ground on either side of him. The Sororitas remain in formation, marching steadily forward, the vanguard not even rounding the Cathedral. The Sororitas in the center points her sword at Ron, "It offends the Emperor and likely the Machine Cult. Do not underestimate it." All save the Multi-melta weilding Sororitas open up in the direction of Ron. There is a monumental series of explosions as a couple dozen bolt round impact on and around the spider-bot. As the dust clears all the remains of the Machine is a scorch mark indicating where it finally exploded.

Not stopping to morn his machine, Boli continues to run, barely making it around the corner of the gatehouse before the Immolator moves forward some more and fires at his direction. During this time Ra'Tut'Seh and his Rubric marines remain stationary, not firing for risk of hitting the old priest, valuing his life for some asinine reason. he gets onto the Vox "Mr. Dash, I believe myself and Mr. Boli would like some extraction! The rest of your little cadre has thought it wise to corner themselves in the Imperial Edifice!"

Inside:

Corvax and Lucretia Slam the doors of the cathedral shut behind them as the group that had entered earlier is already on the far side near the back door. Hashim shoots at the door before crashing through it. On the other side he finds a large common room/cafeteria. It is deserted, which given that it is the middle of the night is not a surprise. Besides countless rows of tables with benches at them, the room has a few methods of egress. On each side of the door are two spiral staircases plunging down into the rock. Besides the stairs, a door is on the right of the room with a sign above it that reads "Kitchenarium". Otherwise there is one door on the north wall, and another on the left, heading roughly in the direction of the small building that he glimpsed outside.

Okay, that was rough. The only reason Boli is not burning infamy to not be dead is because that holosuit saved him both times. Ron however, was not so lucky. Rip Ron, our first minion death. Ronwayne; if you are going to land to let Boli and the Rubrics on it's essentially three turns; one turn hovering and lowering yourself, another turn for everyone to load up, and one more turn to VTOL off to flight height.

As for everyone else, Lordkoth and dyne are in the back common room, vincent is more near the center of the cathedral, and Malicious onion, Corvax, and minions are just inside the door.

Dash
Lucretia
Corvax
Lucien
Ra and rubrics
-Rubric 1 26/30
Boli
Pierre
Ron
Sisters

Red and grey circle-Boli

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Xanatova

The recent past:
When most of the team disembarks form the guncutter, Xanatova remains onboard. The sororitas would probably try to get a message out describing what attacked them, and they couldn't have that. Fortunately, or by the blessing of Tzeentch, nobody had thought to dismantle, sell, or recycle the vox jammer they had built for the train heist on Scintilla. Hoping to get the machine powered and running in time to prevent tales of their misdeeds from being spread, Xanatova plugs herself in to the jammer, and opens her mind to the warp for guidance on hwo to make it work well and make it work fast. A layer of frost starts forming on the bulkheads around her as the warp bleeds through into the materium, but with it come the answers she was looking for. The gods provide to their faithful.

Now:
Having moved from the jammer at the back of the guncutter to the gunner's seat, Xanatova reconnects her MIU to the ship just in time to hear the Thousand Son's request. "Hold on, support incoming." She switches the vox to an internal channel to speak to Dash. "Could you come in on the Immolator from the west? Its rear armour should be thin enough for us to be able to destroy or at least disable it in one pass." Her mind linking with the machine spirits of the guncutter's weapon systems, she brushes aside the veil between the physical world and the warp. Tracking the Immolator with the autocannon's sights, Xanatova notes that the guncutter has become engulfed in a dark cloud, localised narrowly around it. When Dash brings them up behind the Immolator, she fires, aiming at where the currents of the warp told her the vehicle would be.

Glimpse to boost Tech-Use: pushed at PR 5, TN 75.
(04:26:19) Hashutbot: Waci1, focus power: 11 [1d100=11]
(04:26:32) Hashutbot: Waci1, psychic phenomena: 83 [1d100=83], 3 [1d100=3]
13: Hoarfrost.

Tech-Use to get the jammer running and set up for the correct frequencies:
63+10(skill)+10(MIU)+10(combi-tool)+25(Glimpse)= TN 118.

Precognitive Strike, pushed at PR 5. TN 65.
(04:27:38) Hashutbot: Waci1, second focus power: 61 [1d100=61]
(04:27:48) Hashutbot: Waci1, psychic phenomena: 17 [1d100=17], 76 [1d100=76]
27: Veil of Darkness.

Half action aim, full auto burst at the rear of the Immolator.
30+25 (precognitive strike) +10 (MIU) +10 (aim) +20 (size) +10 (range) -20 (vehicle movement) -10 (full auto) = TN 75.
Infamy point reroll if I miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash

"Roger that, X, you got one shot at this."

Okay, flying Xanatova over to do her thing shooting at it. If that doesn't work, picking up the Marines. My base flying tn before penalties is TN 70 (agility 60+10 MIU), +free reroll on failure+1d0s on successful roll. Not sure if that's 3 or 4 actions, but there you go

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 18, 2015