Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Holden: You're on an exchange, watching the graphs, when all of a sudden you look down...
Leon: What one?
Holden: What?
Leon: What exchange?
Holden: It doesn't make any difference what exchange, it's completely hypothetical.
Leon: But, how come I'd be there?
Holden: Maybe you're fed up. Maybe you want to be rich. Who knows? You look down and see the price falling, Leon. It's shooting toward zero...
Leon: Price falling? What's that?
Holden: [irritated by Leon's interruptions] You know what going to the moon is?
Leon: Of course!
Holden: Same thing, but upside down.
Leon: I've never seen the moon... But I understand what you mean.
Holden: You reach down and you remove the bitcoins from your order, Leon.
Leon: Do you make up these questions, Mr. Holden? Or do they write 'em down for you?
Holden: The bitcoin price continue to fall, weak hands are fleeing the market, hodlers posting about how bitcoin is a just discounted, trying to raise the price, but they can't. Not without your help. But you're not helping.
Leon: [angry at the suggestion] What do you mean, I'm not helping?
Holden: I mean: you're not buying bitcoin! Why is that, Leon?
[Leon has become visibly shaken]
Holden: They're just questions, Leon. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test, designed to provoke an emotional response... Shall we continue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

'get me a hodl copy right there'

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

ridley scott has blade runner 2 in the wiki.

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
a several month old poll on where the bottom is

http://strawpoll.me/2593959/r

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

197 days before free money. This is the fastest SHA-256 miner per dollar that you can currently get (~2.3 Gh/s per $). If you're considering purchasing multiple specialized units, get this one instead. Antminer is reliable and at 590 stock watts... you will get $912/yr. with electricity factored in!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Subjunctive posted:

are any of the trading platforms that handle short sales of BTC reputable?

usually the sense that one is smarter than all the people on the other side of a trade foretells doom, but have you seen the people on the other side of that trade I mean jesus

all trading platforms that handle short sales of bitcoins are bitcoin exchanges

so no, there is no way to short bitcoins without entrusting your money to bitcoiners

it's very unfortunate but such is life

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=922591.0

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
ponz my neg hole

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Erenthal posted:

well, no surprise about new hampshire, but utah?

for the same reason that herbalife and other mlms are huge there

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
hr just came in and told me I have to stop rubbing one out, I showed them this thread and now it's a big circle jerk in here

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
[–]BRAlN[S]
The illuminati don't want bitcoin Its part of the new world order plan to make truthers and prepares poor so we are easy to control (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 15 minutes ago by BRAlN

[–]herzmeister 2 points 5 minutes ago
The making don't sense reddit Its part of the new world order plan to make commenters and looks stupid so we are easy to control

[–]BRAlN[S] 1 point 2 minutes ago
sometimes i do think reddit is part of the new world order as new world order articles never make it to the front page.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

Holden: [irritated by Leon's interruptions] You know what going to the moon is?

Leon: Of course!

Holden: Same thing, but upside down.

:golfclap:

Bruce Snare
Feb 7, 2013

This is just too good! How do they not realize that this exactly what the whole bitcoin system is?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bruce Snare posted:

This is just too good! How do they not realize that this exactly what the whole bitcoin system is?

they view ponzis as a good thing because they know when to get their money out

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
lullllll

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

RubberJohnny posted:

[–]BRAlN[S] 1 point 2 minutes ago
sometimes i do think reddit is part of the new world order as new world order articles never make it to the front page.

every time I read a post by a NWO/truther I desperately want to make a forum for conspiracy theorists on TOR or whatever and then just randomly delete posts and ban posters for no reason to see if I can feed into their paranoia

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

:captainpop:

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

he can only afford to lose $10 right now

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Brass

Balls

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

PleasureKevin posted:

he can only afford to lose $10 right now

monthly allowance

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:suspense:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

JFairfax posted:

Brass

Balls

"you are indirectly scamming by giving me negative trust" LMBO

sinekumquat
Jun 12, 2005

the most dangerous philosopher in the west
College Slice

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

:pusheen:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I guess this ponzi is either run by a princess from the future, or some pervy German dude in Japan

ElectricMucus
Feb 9, 2013
Looks like thermos just pulled the plug.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

maybe titan is ready?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
thermos deploying his super hardcore homebrew forum soft

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
paging barbarianbob

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

ElectricMucus posted:

Looks like thermos just pulled the plug.

more like tripped over it his haste to sell off his donations

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

soumis an hour ago par devraps
I feel like an asshat.

Sucks to put 25k into BTC when it was 1100, should waited and bought now. Here's to holding forever.

quote:

Calm down bro, this is good for you. You probably would have blown that $18k you lost on video games and bubble gum anyway, so be glad bitcoin saved you from being such a wasteful consumer.

quote:

This advice made me laugh, I'm a 52 y/o lol

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

how many people has Bitcoin saved from their retirement savings

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

so i've been without internet for the last 5 days

anything happen while i was away?

*stares at price*

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Greyhawk posted:

*stares at price*

someone was running a money doubler and is cashing out their millions of dollars they earned with the scam

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

evilweasel posted:

someone was running a money doubler and is cashing out their millions of dollars they earned with the scam

oh same old same old then

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Greyhawk posted:

*stares at price*

A lot of morons fell for another double your coins scam,

Bitstamp appear to be out of bitcoins

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Greyhawk posted:

*stares at price*

-cex.io announced they were "pausing" their cloud mining at $275 because of the difficulty
-cointerra got sued by their data center. They would be making $2,221 per day right now on $12,000/day electricity http://www.scribd.com/doc/252434502/C7-Data-Centers-v-CoinTerra
-network hashing power dropped by 100,000 th/s, or about 1/3, there is currently one block being found every 15 minutes or so, at this rate the next adjustment will take over 3 weeks to happen.
-the price of bitcoin jumped all the way up to $230
-BFL is paying out refunds from wallets that were active and sending coins to bitstamp when their assets were meant to be frozen
-someone started a bitcoin doubler that was totally legit and paid everybody out.
-until it stopped paying out when people started sending bigger deposits because their small "test" deposits worked
-this might have happened before you left, but roger ver was denied entry into the US 3 times because they said he doesn't have any ties to st kitts where his purchased passport is and they're worried he might not leave the country once he gets in.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 13, 2015

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

it was roger ver who can't get back into the us after abandoning his citizenship

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Powershift posted:

-cex.io announced they were "pausing" their cloud mining at $275 because of the difficulty
-cointerra got sued by their data center. They would be making $2,221 per day right now on $12,000/day electricity
-network hashing power dropped by 100,000 th/s, or about 1/3, there is currently one block being found every 15 minutes or so, at this rate the next adjustment will take over 3 weeks to happen.
-the price of bitcoin jumped all the way up to $230
-BFL is paying out refunds from wallets that were active and sending coins to bitstamp when their assets were meant to be frozen
-someone started a bitcoin doubler that was totally legit and paid everybody out.
-until it stopped paying out when people started sending bigger deposits because their small "test" deposits worked
-this might have happened before you left, but andreas antonopaopopolus was denied entry into the US 3 times because they said he doesn't have any ties to st kitts where his purchased passport is and they're worried he might not leave the country once he gets in.

well i came

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

evilweasel posted:

it was roger ver who can't get back into the us after abandoning his citizenship

sorry, sometimes i get my bitcoin jesuses mixed up, especially when they both have such punchable faces.

• Locked thread