Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This just occurred to me but, has Netflix cancelled a show yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

zoux posted:

This just occurred to me but, has Netflix cancelled a show yet?

HEMLOCK GROVE, ending after S03. Originally they were committing to two seasons of each new show for reasons, which I think really helped sell the perception of their content's value.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Netflix released this David Faustino vehicle a couple years ago, did little to advertise it, and hasn't acknowledged its existence since then. I'd say that counts.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

soapgish posted:

HEMLOCK GROVE, ending after S03. Originally they were committing to two seasons of each new show for reasons, which I think really helped sell the perception of their content's value.

Is that the unprofitable kind of cancel or the just ending kind though? I know it gets horrible reviews but it seems popular.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Bown posted:

Holy gently caress, Woody Allen is doing an original series for Amazon.

Reminder that Woody Allen raped his then-seven-year-old stepdaughter, then felt like it was a swell idea to attack her via an editorial

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jan 13, 2015

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

Aphrodite posted:

Is that the unprofitable kind of cancel or the just ending kind though? I know it gets horrible reviews but it seems popular.

It's impossible to tell how popular the show actually is because Netflix doesn't release any of its internal viewing data.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Toxxupation posted:

Reminder that Woody Allen raped his then-seven-year-old stepdaughter, then felt like it was a swell idea to attack her via an editorial

Reminder that it's not quite so simple as about 50000 pages of discussion in CD will show you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rule 3!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Decius posted:

Reminder that it's not quite so simple as about 50000 pages of discussion in CD will show you.

The argument lies in whether or not one can or should enjoy the works of a rapist, not if woody Allen is a rapist

Since he's a rapist

A child rapist, in fact

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Toxxupation posted:

The argument lies in whether or not one can or should enjoy the works of a rapist, not if woody Allen is a rapist

Since he's a rapist

A child rapist, in fact

let's leave the nice people alone now, occ

go drink your special medicine juice

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Decius posted:

Yeah but how many of those were from a certain former TVIV mod?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

Since he's a rapist

A child rapist, in fact

Coooool!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Jane the Virgin get's much better in the second episode I just wish they would lose the narrator,

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aww poo poo Netflix's contract with the BBC is ending at the end of the month. Watch Black Mirror while you can!

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

That's apparently not a new thing. It happened last year, only to reverse direction right before the deadline would've hit. The BBC seems to be kind of dicks about licensing.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Black.Mirror is not from BBC so that one should be fine.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Mo0 posted:

The BBC seems to be kind of dicks about licensing.

It's time to change the thread title back to "gently caress You England" or whatever it was before the new year.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Happy New Year, Avatar nerds, I made a thread in ADTRW for Americanime, like Avatar. Beef Waifu approved!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Senerio posted:

Happy New Year, Avatar nerds, I made a thread in ADTRW for Americanime, like Avatar. Beef Waifu approved!

FYI, this means you can talk about it all you want as long as you do it over there and not here. I'm glad it found a home somewhere else that's not here. Let us never speak of it again!

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Is there a thread for the new season of Face Off that I'm not seeing?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mu Zeta posted:

Black.Mirror is not from BBC so that one should be fine.

Maybe it's licensed to BBC America for the U.S.? Happens with a few shows. (I don't have NF so can't check).

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Bown posted:

Holy gently caress, Woody Allen is doing an original series for Amazon.

Amazon is making a Father of the Bride TV show?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh poo poo, Hannibal has cast Richard Armitage as Francis Dolarhyde from Red Dragon.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Deadpool posted:

FYI, this means you can talk about it all you want as long as you do it over there and not here. I'm glad it found a home somewhere else that's not here. Let us never speak of it again!

gently caress that, Avatar is not anime and does not belong in the pedophile forum, I will continue to not talk about that bad show (Korra) here thank you. :colbert:

IRQ fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Jan 14, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Oh poo poo, Hannibal has cast Richard Armitage as Francis Dolarhyde from Red Dragon.

That's a massively high profile casting for a Fuller show.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

EL BROMANCE posted:

Maybe it's licensed to BBC America for the U.S.? Happens with a few shows. (I don't have NF so can't check).

Actually, it's DirecTV exclusive in the US.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

sbaldrick posted:

Jane the Virgin get's much better in the second episode I just wish they would lose the narrator,

:gay gasp:

Sacrilege!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

That's a massively high profile casting for a Fuller show.

I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Toxxupation posted:

Since he's a rapist

A child rapist, in fact

welp, never mind about reasonable doubt, that guy who reviews doctor who has it alllllllll figured out

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm going to start probating people for breaking rule three in this thread.

Also, in order to not probate people for rule three in this thread don't post here anymore Toxxupation.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Who is Richard Armitage? He's famous in the same way as Sam Worthington or Jai Courtney.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
He was the guy in Robin Hood, the sheriff's right hand man. What's his name, Guy of Guiseborne or however it's spelled.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sober posted:

He was the guy in Robin Hood, the sheriff's right hand man. What's his name, Guy of Guiseborne or however it's spelled.

Well, high quality pick up indeed.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He was Thorin (the head dwarf) in The Hobbit movies.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
He was in Strike Back as well.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
He was also in Spooks

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah he just made three huge movies in which he played a major role

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

muscles like this? posted:

He was Thorin (the head dwarf) in The Hobbit movies.

Was he really? I didn't recognize him, but it's been a lot of years since that cheeseball Robin Hood show was on.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

zoux posted:

Alongside a cast of other former TV actors destined to be future TV actors. It's not that big of a coup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

zoux posted:

Yeah like Sam Worthington and he's made 0 impression on the world.

• Locked thread