Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Also, the first on-set pictures from the season have been released!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
They're fake. Look how bright everything is.

Edit: also laughing that there isn't a single person under 30 on this show about a college.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Dec 11, 2014

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Irish Joe posted:

They're fake. Look how bright everything is.

Edit: also laughing that there isn't a single person under 30 on this show about a college.

Did you know that the people in 90210 weren't actually in high school?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

swickles posted:

Did you know that the people in 90210 weren't actually in high school?

I know. Its just funny that with all the new additions to the cast, they didn't think to hire someone who could play, you know, a college student. The cast of Community is on average older than the cast of Big Bang Theory despite Community being about college students and BBT being about people who had long graduated graduate school.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Except people of any age can go to a community college?

e: gently caress, bait taken

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
gently caress you MUSIC/BAND is the greatest. :colbert:

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

I know that Irish Joe is bad at understanding things, but the average age of a community college student is around 30, most of them work full time, and most of them have at least one kid.

Community colleges are different from major universities... if only the show had acknowledged it in a comic monologue in the pilot about how community colleges hew to a much wider crowd in terms of age and life experience...

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Republican Vampire posted:

I know that Irish Joe is bad at understanding things, but the average age of a community college student is around 30, most of them work full time, and most of them have at least one kid.

Community colleges are different from major universities... if only the show had acknowledged it in a comic monologue in the pilot about how community colleges hew to a much wider crowd in terms of age and life experience...

He also assumes that the 2 new additions are students? I assumed they were faculty.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

So when this comes back on yahoo, how do I watch it? Do I have to make a yahoo email address or something?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

So when this comes back on yahoo, how do I watch it? Do I have to make a yahoo email address or something?

I'm sure you'll figure out what buttons to press when the time comes.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

You have to subscribe to Yahoo Premium for $44.99pm, and add on Yahoo Video Plus for an additional $29.99pm

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
Real Talk, tho: Yahoo! Screen is a totally free service. And it's like the best place to watch SNL sketches, because all you have to do is type in "What's Up With That?" and you get every single "What's Up With That?" sketch. That's all I use it for though, so your mileage may very in terms of enjoyment.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
Yahoo is a piece of poo poo company, whose products are sub-par and hard to use.

I should know. I've used their email for over a decade. :suicide:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

adhuin posted:

Yahoo is a piece of poo poo company, whose products are sub-par and hard to use.

I should know. I've used their email for over a decade. :suicide:
That's why I still use Alta Vista.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's why I still use Alta Vista.

Why does everyone in this town use Alta Vista? Is it 1997?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

El Tortuga posted:

Why does everyone in this town use Alta Vista? Is it 1997?
Actually, yes. The seventh season will get into this in detail. Didn't you ever wonder why you never see post-1997 celebrities outside of Pawnee?

FactsAreUseless fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Dec 13, 2014

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

There's going to be secret Community features for people who still have a 15 year old Rocketmail account.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Actually, yes. The seventh season will get into this in detail. Didn't you ever wonder why you never see post-1997 celebrities outside of Pawnee?

You Britta'd that joke.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Meatwave posted:

There's going to be secret Community features for people who still have a 15 year old Rocketmail account.

Secret features include a chance to finally watch this.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Senor Tron posted:

You Britta'd that joke.
I was distracted by this delicious bagel.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Dan's back on adderall :woop:

Train Surgeon
Jan 14, 2012
I'm kinda reserved about Keith David's character having zany inventions, this didn't really work for pierce in the early episodes (apart from his trouser seat).
also the promo / 100th ep pics look incredibly empty :(

Anyhow, still excited how this will turn out. Paget Brewster's reliably awesome and apparently episodes won't have to be cut down for length anymore.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Irish Joe posted:

Dan's back on adderall :woop:

Ahahaha I was just going to post this, season-two quality here we come!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

El Tortuga posted:

Real Talk, tho: Yahoo! Screen is a totally free service. And it's like the best place to watch SNL sketches, because all you have to do is type in "What's Up With That?" and you get every single "What's Up With That?" sketch. That's all I use it for though, so your mileage may very in terms of enjoyment.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SaturdayNightLive/search?query=what%27s+up+with+that

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

'Kay.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
SNL actually has a great presence on YouTube now and it seems like its being properly curated with playlists and stuff. There's gaps still but there's a gently caress of a lot of stuff up.

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.
Community comes back on March 17th!

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

This is the longest I've ever waited for October 19th.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
That's a bit later than expected, but I hope that means that they had plenty of time to write a solid finale and give each episode a bit more time for production.

I know they haven't announced anything about Donald Glover coming back for a cameo but I hope that Joel McHale wasn't serious about LeVar Burton eating Troy while being held as hostages by pirates when he guested on Harmontown. It sounded like that was a real line that Dan wanted to keep under wraps, though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Personally I'm kind of glad they pushed back the premiere because I hadn't even started the OP yet and the last announced date was in two weeks.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Emerson Cod posted:

I know they haven't announced anything about Donald Glover coming back for a cameo but I hope that Joel McHale wasn't serious about LeVar Burton eating Troy while being held as hostages by pirates when he guested on Harmontown. It sounded like that was a real line that Dan wanted to keep under wraps, though.

That would be incredible.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Reminds me how much they used death as a punchline in season 3 (Pierce's father, Ted off-screen, Star-Burns) and how much it hosed up the tone of the show. :smith:

Basically I hope they don't do that.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Well, if the other rumors are true Pierce may have elaborately faked his own death. That, or we'll be seeing more holo-Pierce.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Emerson Cod posted:

Well, if the other rumors are true Pierce may have elaborately faked his own death. That, or we'll be seeing more holo-Pierce.

They're not.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Source/proof?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It was based on a comment from Harmon that he's somewhat contradicted since (which I hadn't read when I made that post), so I won't bother. It's a maybe, but I still don't think it's likely.

Arist fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 15, 2015

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

https://screen.yahoo.com/community-101-season-1-freshman-135500209.html

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Well that's certainly a collection of clips with narration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
So... I seem to have inadvertently binged through the first 3 seasons in the past few days. This show is (intermittently) entertaining.
What's the verdict on season 5? Is it really a return to form? I started looking back in the thread but just started encountering spoilers.

e: I'm basically trying to work out whether I should bother going forward seeing as season 4 doesn't sound too hot. And I should probably be working.

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Feb 9, 2015

• Locked thread