Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Kelly posted:

GTA is like LIFE, man. Don't you see that???

:lol: at the new avatar.

Hahaha. Holy poo poo. I hadn't seen that. Whoever did that--THANK YOU. I will love you forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Oh my god :allears:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

You're welcome. Seemed due.

I think heists will end up being the best thing ever or the thing that drives a lot of people away in frustration, no middle ground. I hope they are great but don't have my expectations set too high.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Heists are going to have some equivalent of the first turn in every race.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I want to host a heist, invite a pubbie, and give them a 1% cut.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I kind of wonder if you'll be able to set your desired cut in the menu, so people can look at a list of players and the cost to use them.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Slim Killington posted:

Heists are going to have some equivalent of the first turn in every race.

I prefer the third turn, after the prox mines are enabled.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Slim Killington posted:

I kind of wonder if you'll be able to set your desired cut in the menu, so people can look at a list of players and the cost to use them.

If so, I look forward to glitch where you can change your cut from 1% to 100% once the heist has launched.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Replaying the SP, I never actually knew you could get Michael's view of going to Ludendorff Cemetary. Open it up officially for MP shenanigans please.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
The part where he's driving up to the cemetery and there's voiceover from his past? Is there a different option for that scene, because it's the only one I've ever played each time through.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

The part where he's driving up to the cemetery and there's voiceover from his past? Is there a different option for that scene, because it's the only one I've ever played each time through.

Yeah, I thought that was the only version too. If you start that mission as Trevor, you skip the drive to the cemetery and right to Trevor digging up Brad's grave before Michael arrives.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Ah, gotcha. I know that can happen with a lot of heist missions and heist pre-planning missions, I didn't see half as much of that stuff in my second playthrough as I did in my first.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Hahaha. Holy poo poo. I hadn't seen that. Whoever did that--THANK YOU. I will love you forever.

Amazing.

On one hand I'd like to see a lot of what was promised added to the game. I already played the poo poo out of it on PS3, basically paid $50 to play online with you all on PS4. I agree with the open mic/white dot theory, it is fun. If I've had a lovely day I will come home, drink and or smoke, and unwind for an hour or two being a total dickhead. It feels like there is so much more that could be added to the game for fun but they just aren't and I have no idea why,

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Hockles posted:

So, March 24th is the PC release date now. I bet heists get pushed back to then too.

For point of reference that now means, as of today, it stands at :siren: 10 weeks :siren: until the PC version is released which means that we're looking at ~ 9.99 weeks until heists are released. This is after they made how many millions during initial last-gen release? And shark cards? And double dipping on next-gen? And more shark cards? And potentially triple dipping on PC?

:golfclap: R* y'all suck at deadlines AND game design decisions.

Duke Chin posted:

Heists are the new unicorn. :v:

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jan 14, 2015

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Goddamn 360 is dead now. On call for five minutes and nothing.

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

I miss the snow.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Well poo poo, then I'll NEVER play heists!

God drat it, why does it never pay to be a jerk!? WHY!?

Holy poo poo you actually did it, contact Sony they need to know the importance of PSN name changes. Also I'm taking full credit for this.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I would actually love to change my PSN because it doesn't match my user name anywhere else (also, it's really stupid :()

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

I would actually love to change my PSN because it doesn't match my user name anywhere else (also, it's really stupid :()

Same, but reversed. Better to be seen as a condiment than a Star Wars fan I'm coming to find :v:

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
I like my gamertag because its also the name of my old character from SAMP.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

circ dick soleil posted:

I like my gamertag because its also the name of my old character from SAMP.

Old rear end SAMP crew and the prison tree :reject::respek::v:

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I would actually pay to get a PSN name changed. Hell, I'd even pay Rockstar if that's what it took, because mine is a garbled mishmash of my normal username. Nobody can figure out a way to say "FlamingDarkness" where it doesn't sound dumb and awful.

Did they ever actually give a reason why they can't do this?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sony made some excuse up a few months ago that they don't allow name changes because they say people could troll other people then change names to avoid punishment, but I think Live and Steam both log your user names when you change them sooooo

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Microsoft's system just charged you like $8 per name change if you wanted them, purportedly to prevent people harassing with changed names.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Duke Chin posted:

Old rear end SAMP crew and the prison tree :reject::respek::v:

Aww yesss

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Nintendo Kid posted:

Microsoft's system just charged you like $8 per name change if you wanted them, purportedly to prevent people harassing with changed names.
And you didn't need to jump through tons of hoops either. It's safe to assume that MS kept records of your name changes.
http://support.xbox.com/en-AU/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/change-xbox-live-gamertag

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I changed my old XBL name at least 3 times when I was drunk. I gladly payed the $9.99. I also don't understand why they had us name our characters but that name doesn't show up in game.

Is anyone on in the AM EST ? My new schedule has me up early so I cant stay up and play vidja games like I'd enjoy.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah I don't get that either. Why do we name our guys but we still see user names on the player list? It should be character names by default, but with the option to show PSN names to friends and/or crew members.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

I forget, you went Bone instead of PS4, didn't you?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Nope, I'm on PS4. Hell, I think we've played together at some point last week or the week before.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Wee Bairns posted:

Nope, I'm on PS4. Hell, I think we've played together at some point last week or the week before.

Oh yeah durrrrrrrrrrr - long couple of days and haven't been on GTAO since last week.

ed: vvvv :laugh:

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 14, 2015

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

/tree

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

This is a really great shot. Props.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

Welp. The game stuck me in the Bad Sports lobby for killing people "the wrong way" (blowing up personal cars or hitting people in passive mode I guess, I'm not even sure), while the other 99% of the people in there are cheaters who teleport, spawn parts of buildings on people and explode the entire map 10 times per second.

It's amazing. I'm getting punished the same as someone who hacks the game, because Rockstar says I'm playing their game wrong.

I guess what I'm saying is Rockstar hates fun.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I've blown up a lot of cars in this game and have seen the warnings a lot but I've never once been in the Bad Sport Lobby. I assumed they more or less abandoned it as a punishment. The financial cost associated with blowing up a personal vehicle should be enough. I have a lot of money but I still don't like it when I blow up an Entity or Adder.

What platform are you on?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I blow up at least one player car per session. Rockstar's poo poo is incredibly arbitrary.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Reo posted:

Welp. The game stuck me in the Bad Sports lobby for killing people "the wrong way" (blowing up personal cars or hitting people in passive mode I guess, I'm not even sure), while the other 99% of the people in there are cheaters who teleport, spawn parts of buildings on people and explode the entire map 10 times per second.

It's amazing. I'm getting punished the same as someone who hacks the game, because Rockstar says I'm playing their game wrong.

I guess what I'm saying is Rockstar hates fun.

You can't kill people in passive anymore on the PS4 - are you PS3? If so there used to be an easy way to get out of bad sport. You have to get into a lobby and not do anything aggressive to another player for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes check your player status - you should be dodgy. You can rob stores and whatnot though, gang attacks etc.

Once you're dodgy, quick join a race. Finish the race and select free roam. You should be back into regular free roam.

If this doesn't work, try it again from the top. The hardest part is usually staying out of trouble in the bad sport lobby. Though they aren't usually crowded, the people that are there are super aggressive with k/ds of like 8.

Slim Killington posted:

I blow up at least one player car per session. Rockstar's poo poo is incredibly arbitrary.

I probably blow up more than five or so a session at least and it hasn't happened to me since they relaxed the restrictions.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Slim Killington posted:

From putting pieces together killing passive people is far more of a penalty than blowing up cars. I blow up cars pretty often, at least 2 or three every time I play and have never been dodgy.

FYI doing bad sport stuff in a bad sport lobby puts on crushing amounts of extra time to the point that you effectively never get out.

It's not like it doesn't warn you every single time you do it.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

If those recommended pc specs are accurate, my computer I built to play Skyrim is enough to play in beast mode. In that case, take your time, R*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I think I actually made my voice hoarse from screaming at the TV while trying to do races to unlock more parts. It's not that I'm bad, but everyone else has super-modded cars and is beating me. Seriously, the most frustrating part of the game. I had to stop out of frustration and then did some contact jobs with some of the worst pubbies I've ever played with. I think I've got some bad juju today.

• Locked thread