Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
NO loving WAY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neZrBvILyZA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I... what...

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

I was convinced it was a parody someone edited together. Turns out THIS IS A REAL PRODUCT THAT EXISTED IN 2014 AND THAT IS loving HORRIFYING :catstare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcuDiyfmmTA

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I don't think I've ever been more terrified

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

It's like serial killer summer camp.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I didn't even watch the video, but the thumbnail alone is just pure nightmare fuel.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I weep for society

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Imagine having a surprise birthday party for someone and ordering a bunch of their face for everyone to wear.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
I think I know who must be behind this. It's the only thing that makes sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJQnZZ-Wmao

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
The best part is grandma's birthday party. Like something out of Twilight Zone.

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 13, 2015

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

NBA Jam big-head mode IRL rules. gently caress the haters.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

McSpanky posted:

It's like serial killer summer camp.

Holt poo poo thats exactly what this reminds me of. The final scene in Sleepaway Camp, that freaky wide-open mouth stare :stare:

Vicas posted:

:golfclap:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

raditts posted:

If it wasn't for Wayfair commercials, this would easily be the whitest commercial on TV.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nODAfxSEEus

The thing I hate most about this is the shot of the couple making out while shoulder pressing barbells. How did they even get in that position unless they lifted them separately, then walked toward each other while holding at least 50 lbs over their heads to kiss? That poo poo is dangerous.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Not a Children posted:

The thing I hate most about this is the shot of the couple making out while shoulder pressing barbells. How did they even get in that position unless they lifted them separately, then walked toward each other while holding at least 50 lbs over their heads to kiss? That poo poo is dangerous.

Looks like they're doing snatches.

Why do they repeat ping fit pong fit?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Parachute posted:

Looks like they're doing snatches.

Why do they repeat ping fit pong fit?

Either way, it is super loving dangerous to lift weights that close to another person, let alone move towards them and give 'em a smooch.

And because that's what you do in the game. You ping and pong, a lot

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Vicas posted:

I would have said these guys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDfwUJzYQg

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'
I actually don't hate that frog insurance commercial. For one, I like that this man somehow thinks a credit card company will protect his frog, but more than that I love that he literally has a ton of possible fraudulent uses of his account listed in detail and somehow thinks that information applies to his frog.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That lovely McDonalds ad from the other page just showed up on my TV during Parks and Recreation. I don't think I've ever transitioned so rapidly between laughter and anger.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Both the Wedding Ringer and Mordecai are using Uptown Funk in their commercials.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Commercials that use "cute, precocious" kids in them can gently caress off.

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/75Gw/southern-new-hampshire-university-graduates

"Congwatuwations, daddy!"

:barf:

Seriously? I have very high doubts that kid even said the line. Sounds like some badly dubbed ADR

And then pretty miuch all of Care.com's lineup. Again, overly "cute" kids, usually with lisps.

And i saw one yesterday with a little girl making a spaceship out of a cardboard box...that's fine, but for some reason they stuck an N64 controller on it.

What 5 year-old kid in 2015 has an N64 just lying around?

Though I guess now that I think about it, her parents are likely my age, and therefore the controller could belong to the parents.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Those eHarmony ads with CEO Grandpa and his impossibly precocious granddaughter are the worst offender to me. Of course eHarmony caters to people who still have Norman Rockwell calendars and listen to A Prarie Home Companion so it probably works like a charm.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
As if the Rob Lowe commercials weren't bad enough I just saw a local car dealership commercial that parodies it.

Although I'd be lying if I said that Meat Head Rob Lowe's "This is my sound" doesn't make me laugh each time I see it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

McSpanky posted:

Those eHarmony ads with CEO Grandpa and his impossibly precocious granddaughter are the worst offender to me. Of course eHarmony caters to people who still have Norman Rockwell calendars and listen to A Prarie Home Companion so it probably works like a charm.

I met my current long term gIrlfriend on eharmony. :smith:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

vyst posted:

I met my current long term gIrlfriend on eharmony. :smith:

What's your favorite Norman Rockwell painting?

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

DrBouvenstein posted:

"Congwatuwations, daddy!"

:barf:

Seriously? I have very high doubts that kid even said the line. Sounds like some badly dubbed ADR

And then pretty miuch all of Care.com's lineup. Again, overly "cute" kids, usually with lisps.

And i saw one yesterday with a little girl making a spaceship out of a cardboard box...that's fine, but for some reason they stuck an N64 controller on it.

What 5 year-old kid in 2015 has an N64 just lying around?

Though I guess now that I think about it, her parents are likely my age, and therefore the controller could belong to the parents.

I've always thought that kid didn't say that line. It sounds like an adult making a kid voice going GLALATION DADAY while the kid is like wtf is going on here, I just wanna play with my goddamn hula hoop.

One commercial that pisses me off is the Kia commercial where the parents have killed their kid's fish and are rushing to replace it before the kid gets home from wherever. So this kid is so emotionally delicate that she can't handle the honesty of a death of a pet, but she's precocious enough that she can walk home alone from wherever the hell she's coming from while the parents dick around like idiots. Not only do the parents not know how to care for a pet, since they killed the first one--okay, fine, fish are hard to care for and they die sometimes--but then they dump the fish directly into its bowl--not even a tank, no filter, just a big ol loving bowl with some gravel in it--without leaving it in the bag first and letting it acclimate, which is RULE ONE OF FISH CARE (I mean seriously I don't have fish and i'm not even particularly fond of them but goddamn at least know the basics before you get your kid a pet). So they're willing to drive like maniacs (while their emotionally fragile little dear is bopping around the neighborhood either on foot or being dropped off nearby, but hey, safety's not an issue when you have a Kia!) to keep their precious little snowflake from knowing about death for a few more months but they're willing to kill any number of goldfish to keep that from happening.

gently caress, man, I don't even care for fish that much, but some assholes should just not have pets. I've also never been a big fan of PeTA, but I kind of wish they'd latch on to that loving commercial and never let go.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I liked Uptown Funk when I heard for the first time a few months ago. Now I want everybody involved with that song to jump into a fiery pit. Thanks, commercials.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

DerekSmartymans posted:

What's your favorite Norman Rockwell painting?

That one with the faces

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

Vanderdeath posted:

I liked Uptown Funk when I heard for the first time a few months ago. Now I want everybody involved with that song to jump into a fiery pit. Thanks, commercials.

Nah it's still good. Just nice to get a Parliament song released in 2014

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I see your Southern New Hampshire University and raise you a Build-A-Bear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI9vx0owZys

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

MrSlam posted:

I see your Southern New Hampshire University and raise you a Build-A-Bear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI9vx0owZys

I'll see your ad, and raise you THIS ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD8BkIgp9Fo

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Glenn_Beckett posted:

Nah it's still good. Just nice to get a Parliament song released in 2014

I'd argue it's more Morris Day and The Time but yeah, it's an amusing throwback. I'm sick of hearing it literally everywhere though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Vanderdeath posted:

I'd argue it's more Morris Day and The Time but yeah, it's an amusing throwback. I'm sick of hearing it literally everywhere though.

I would've said Prince but yeah it's closer to Morris Day. Shame it's becoming That Song like that Katy Perry firework song was a couple years ago.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
I've somehow never ever heard that. But five seconds of it sounded like Jungle Love.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Gonz posted:

I'll see your ad, and raise you THIS ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD8BkIgp9Fo

Well that's not fair because that ad is so bad that its darkly hilarious.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
There's a new commercial that starts with a dad cutting one of those rotisserie chickens and the daughter saying "not again" and then he looks everywhere and sees the plastic lids everywhere. So I thought this was gonna be for like make your own chicken at home sometime! But no, how naive of me. It was a commercial for.....wait for it......KFC!

Yes, KFC is trying to guilt you out of buying those delicious rotisserie chickens from the grocery store and instead buy a disgusting bucket of fried chicken from them.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

That stupid Chevy Truck commercial has been overplayed to death.

So loving sick of hearing "Back in Black", and they just recently played one that kind of dissed on Chuck Mangione's "Feel so Good"

gently caress you ad agency! "Feels so Good" is awesome, and King of the Hill made it so. :colbert:.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Mahoning posted:

There's a new commercial that starts with a dad cutting one of those rotisserie chickens and the daughter saying "not again" and then he looks everywhere and sees the plastic lids everywhere. So I thought this was gonna be for like make your own chicken at home sometime! But no, how naive of me. It was a commercial for.....wait for it......KFC!

Yes, KFC is trying to guilt you out of buying those delicious rotisserie chickens from the grocery store and instead buy a disgusting bucket of fried chicken from them.

I can't even express my rage for that commercial. They manage to make takeout rotisserie chicken look and sound like the grossest thing in the world. Seriously, the sound effect that opens the ad. :gonk:

"Kitty, get off my lap! You will only be allowed to snuzzle this bristly object from now on!"

Doctor Soup
Nov 4, 2009

I have nothing but confidence in you, and very little of that.
That loving "What's your reason?" Geico ad keeps playing on Hulu and it makes me want to jump twee pop with a baseball bat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Rwl3aXT30

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FuzzySkinner posted:

That stupid Chevy Truck commercial has been overplayed to death.

So loving sick of hearing "Back in Black", and they just recently played one that kind of dissed on Chuck Mangione's "Feel so Good"

gently caress you ad agency! "Feels so Good" is awesome, and King of the Hill made it so. :colbert:.

The stupidest part of that commercial is how the "badass" guy owns and drives a truck in the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Rahonavis posted:

"Kitty, get off my lap! You will only be allowed to snuzzle this bristly object from now on!"

I used to live with two cats. One cat would let you brush her and get all that spare hair off with that fancy brush that cost a lot of money. The other cat would react like the brush was a tool designed to cause him death and he hated it. Loved to nuzzle all sorts of non-human things, so he probably would have made such a device useful.