Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

sorla78 posted:

Planet Athmosphere:

Wonder where the invisible wall of death is going to start...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Gerbil_Pen posted:

You can't gift poo poo that was purchased with credits anymore. It used to be that you could melt a ship, buy a new one, and sell it via gifting. Then early-mid last year that changed, so you can only gift something purchased with cash once. After a melt, or after it has been gifted a single time, it's account locked. That's when I essentially stopped trading - I used to purchase/sell credits which is no longer possible.

Well, it's mostly true, but a loop hole has been discovered, so it's not entirely accurate any longer (or until they change it).

You can buy an Aurora MR with a credit card. (It's giftable). You then CCU it all the way up to a Hornet Tracker using store credits.
Because the original ship was giftable, the whole ship is - even though store credits were used.

If this guy is smart (which he has proven he is not), he will follow that process to get that Idris and the useless 890 Jump off his ship at a 80% loss, then sell the Idris account to recoup what he lost and at least somewhat break even.

Jethro_E7 fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 13, 2015

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Is that a Freelancer-style docking/landing ring?

Bursk
Nov 12, 2007

Bank of Bursk
I had 1 (one) entry for GGGG IV. I think it's fair to say that the giveaways have run their course. This was the last one I was going to do anyway. I'll post the entry tomorrow.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bursk posted:

I had 1 (one) entry for GGGG IV. I think it's fair to say that the giveaways have run their course. This was the last one I was going to do anyway. I'll post the entry tomorrow.

It's probably because we're in a standstill and enthusiasm is hard to maintain.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

I can only speak personally, but to me the GGGG is about recruiting more people to join this insane asylum and anyone I was going to convince is already comfortable in their straightjacket.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bursk posted:

ill take it

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Bursk posted:

Yeah, there probably will be another surge in interest when the FPS module hits in March(ish). Definitely when multi-crew happens (if it doesn't blow).

Hell, possibly when co-op gets fixed and earning creds is a thing in this next patch

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

STAR CITIZEN is for WHITES ONLY!

:lesnick:

Bursk posted:

I can't send PMs, or I would have been right in there.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I'll sneak in an entry if it's allowed

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

"so, am I right in understanding that you're a bigot or aficionado of racist humor?

Capntastic posted:

I'll sneak in an entry if it's allowed

I think the thing might be over, unfortunately for people who have PM capability

Bursk
Nov 12, 2007

Bank of Bursk
It's 24 hours over, and I can't let anyone enter now because I had a late entry to GGGG III that wasn't allowed in, so it's not fair to change things despite the poor showing this time around. Sorry.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ill take it tho

Bursk
Nov 12, 2007

Bank of Bursk
I'm not sure what that means, but okay.

illectro
Mar 29, 2010

:jeb: ROCKET SCIENCE :jeb:

Hullo, I'm Scoot Moonbucks.
Please stop being surprised by this.
Someone spammed this gofundme link over all my videos - wanting $200 to buy a Constellation in Star Citizen - running a crowdfunding campaign to fund his contribution to Star Citizen's crowdfunding campaign.
http://www.gofundme.com/jvvri8

illectro fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 14, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

illectro posted:

Someone spammed this gofundme link over all my videos - wanting $200 to buy a Constellation in Star Citizen - running a crowdfunding campaign to fund his contribution to Star Citizen's crowdfunding campaign.

we're really through the looking glass here

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

Ha, that is nothing.

http://www.crowdsourcing.org/blog/deloria-space-pirate-2014-pinup-calender-campaign-indiegogo-crowdfunding-campaign/28071

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

illectro posted:

If too afraid to go poking around that site because I'm sure something that pathetic is barely scraping the iceberg.

captainhowdy
Jan 3, 2014

Now kindly undo these straps.

rockopete posted:

Wonder where the invisible wall of death is going to start...

Ahh so CiG artists also play war thunder (see screenshot)

*meh- quote fail

captainhowdy fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jan 14, 2015

Informed Consent
Feb 24, 2014

I <3 Imp Zone

captainhowdy posted:

Ahh so CiG artists also play war thunder (see screenshot)
Considering War Thunder is the only sim out there I know of that manages to be both (semi) realistic AND fun (minus the grindy parts), that is a good sign.

Good balance between nerdy details and a solid "feel" for your plane there. Something I tend to miss in AC so far, where it feels like only half of my ships movements are my input, and the other half is just random wobbling.
So the more they steal from WT, the better imho

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
hold onto your butts

https://plus.google.com/+DerekSmart3000ad/posts
https://www.facebook.com/bc3000ad

Broccoli Cat
Mar 8, 2013

might be as awesome as elite dangerous

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

From graphical apperances I think I can break out my 2006 intel duel core and my GeForce 7800.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

A remake is coming. There are no capital ship space combat games being made; so I have to - once again - carry the torch.

He has to carry it.

This is going to be possibly way more glorious star citizen ever was.

vvv: It was a decent tech demo, much like bc3k.

Truga fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jan 14, 2015

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Didn't Smart make a tactical XCOM type of game just recently that crashed, burned and resulted in his now standard meltdown?

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

We've been over this before guys if you say his name he will appear and bring doom upon us all, do not say Derek Smart. It's like a Bloody Mary thing, you say his name three times and he had a forums account.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

I had not thought of that name in a long time, since the early days of SA and making fun of his games on the front page.

Tangentially related: Community: Beetlejuice , Beetlejuice , Beetlejuice: http://youtu.be/19FMU3M7Jtk

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Derek Smart?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

SpelledBackwards posted:

I had not thought of that name in a long time, since the early days of SA and making fun of his games on the front page.

I was a big fan of Derek Smart's Desktop Commander.

Welmu
Oct 9, 2007
Metri. Piiri. Sekunti.

LCL-Dead posted:

Derek Smart?

Dead Like Rev posted:

do not say Derek Smart.

Fil5000 posted:

Derek Smart

And lo, the invocation was cast.

If you thought Chris Robert's games were ambitious and buggy, you never played Battlecruiser 3000AD. Which, all things considered, was a wise choise since that "game" was a terrible, terrible crock of poo poo.

Welmu fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jan 14, 2015

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Welp, more RAM, new videya card, and I cleaned the dirt off an off-balance fan, and I'm humming like a birdie.

Informed Consent
Feb 24, 2014

I <3 Imp Zone
Assuming this is not satire, I find it fascinating how folks like him can keep doing this stuff with a straight face. Did anyone say Transverse?

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!

A remake? Didn't his first game never actually get finished so technically this is just a technology refresh and re-release of his existing ongoing project?

Fil5000 posted:

I was a big fan of Derek Smart's Desktop Commander.

Haha I forgot all about that!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Welmu posted:

If you thought Chris Robert's games were ambitious and buggy, you never played Battlecruiser 3000AD. Which, all things considered, was a wise choise since that "game" was a terrible, terrible crock of poo poo.

Yeah, but:

captainhowdy
Jan 3, 2014

While we're bringing up other games, I recently read about an upcoming indie game that seemed very interesting but can't remember the name, object of the game was basically that you could dock/board other ships with your little raider ship and then from an iso perspective complete certain tasks like killing the commander or disabling engines etc.
Anyone here help me out with the game title? Wanted to keep an eye on that.. I thought I read about it on RPS..

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

captainhowdy posted:

While we're bringing up other games, I recently read about an upcoming indie game that seemed very interesting but can't remember the name, object of the game was basically that you could dock/board other ships with your little raider ship and then from an iso perspective complete certain tasks like killing the commander or disabling engines etc.
Anyone here help me out with the game title? Wanted to keep an eye on that.. I thought I read about it on RPS..

Heat Signature? http://www.heatsig.com/

captainhowdy
Jan 3, 2014

Yup, that was it, nice one, thanks! :)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Visited CIG Santa Monica today. Met a lot of awesome people (Chris was busy). Signed a NDA. Saw awesome poo poo. Can confirm game is not a scam.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 14, 2015

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Visited CIG Santa Monica today. Met a lot of awesome people (not Chris). Signed a NDA. Saw awesome poo poo. Can confirm game is not a scam.

:awesome:

I won't ask any questions though because NDA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Visited CIG Santa Monica today. Met a lot of awesome people (not Chris). Signed a NDA. Saw awesome poo poo. Can confirm game is not a scam.

Did you get the chance to light Skelton's hideous gold shirt on fire as you were promised?

• Locked thread