Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013

Demp posted:

There's no rest for the weary:

I look forward to not getting Bad News Barrett!

I look forward to not getting Fandango.

Oh hey, the Legendary is a card I already have as a maxed pro! Hooray!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Let me know when I can get Bad News Brown.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Minidust posted:

Also, does the level of opponent I pick in exhibition affect anything? Like sometimes I'll see belt icons that are one + level lower or higher than me. I go for the higher ones, but I'm still picking from the same board at the end of the match regardless right?

I always pick whoever's in a lower tier, since I figure they have worse cards than me.

Regarding the new RtG, since I already know I'm not going to be able to win any matches once I hit Legendary tier, I may as well take my time getting there and farm all the 6-picks from easier wins. I shot through the first 6 tiers in less than a day using boosts last time and kinda wished I hadn't. If they're giving everyone 300 credits every time they start a new one I'm just gonna save em up for something worthwhile.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I know it's the same company and all, but it's amazing how much this looks like a mod for Injustice.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Hobo Clown posted:

I always pick whoever's in a lower tier, since I figure they have worse cards than me.

Regarding the new RtG, since I already know I'm not going to be able to win any matches once I hit Legendary tier, I may as well take my time getting there and farm all the 6-picks from easier wins. I shot through the first 6 tiers in less than a day using boosts last time and kinda wished I hadn't. If they're giving everyone 300 credits every time they start a new one I'm just gonna save em up for something worthwhile.

IIRC, the 300 credits were a once-off gift for everyone. I don't think they'll be giving them out for every RTG.

Also, looking at the dev's twitter he has said that the point of RTG is to get a card to help your deck and if you want the better cards then 'improve your deck'. In response to someone saying they were able to cheese their way to the Survivor Reigns cards with an Uncommon deck playing only +1 matches he said that 'uncommon decks should stall out in the rare tier' and they will work on fixing the matchmaking for RTG mode.

Now I know it's a f2p mobile game and they rely on people paying for better cards to make their income but just blatantly stating that they've introduced a game mode with which is actively set up to stop players from achieving at a certain point seems super lovely to me? I mean, my deck is at Legendary++ and I stalled out halfway through Legendary in RTG. I probably could have ground my way to the Legendary card with 1-point matches but what's the point? I already have a dozen L-tier cards that aren't doing anything useful until I get a duplicate to make a pro card out of so why play RTG at all?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

simosimo posted:

I need these for every match from now on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um3sF6_RSUU

Hunter Hearst Helmsley d. Bob Holly with two DDTs. Holly threw Helmsley out of the ring something like ten times with stiff suplexes. Helmsley threw about thirty knee strikes and then gave Holly his facebuster finish, they haven't given it a name yet. Holly kicked out at 2 and potatoed Helmsley for another five minutes. There's definitely heat between these guys and the story is Helmsley now has two broken vertebrae and is being taken off TV. ***1/2

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

He... he summons an APC. To run over his opponent.

You were never in the loving military, John. You played a marine in a movie.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

I also like how they make an Injustice clone where John Cena is loving Superman and Flash at the same time.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Fumaofthelake posted:

I also like how they make an Injustice clone where John Cena is loving Superman and Flash at the same time.

Superman is kind of already also the Flash.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

TheJoker138 posted:

Superman is kind of already also the Flash.

Fair point.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.
I see WWE 2k15 digital deluxe edition is on sale right now for $55.99 and includes the season pass. What does the season pass get me? I don't understand this at all.

:psyduck:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Doomsday Jesus posted:

I see WWE 2k15 digital deluxe edition is on sale right now for $55.99 and includes the season pass. What does the season pass get me? I don't understand this at all.

Showcases, which are additional story modes comparable to 2k14's 30 Years of Wrestlemania and 13's Attitude Era mode.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Showcases, which are additional story modes comparable to 2k14's 30 Years of Wrestlemania and 13's Attitude Era mode.

Meh. I think ill buy the game for $44.99 then get the moves pack , accelerator, and sting pack.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Doomsday Jesus posted:

Meh. I think ill buy the game for $44.99 then get the moves pack , accelerator, and sting pack.

The season pass also comes with Paige (and you can't make a CAW diva, so its the only way to get it).

Like, I don't think the season pass is a massively attractive set of content for retail, but for $10 on top total youre getting a good amount out of it, especially if you were planning on buying the accelerator anyway

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jan 13, 2015

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Blasmeister posted:

The season pass also comes with Paige (and you can't make a CAW diva, so its the only way to get it).

The accelerator is also already in the season pass. And the showcase modes are going to have some characters in them.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Doomsday Jesus posted:

An extra helping of disappointment?

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdM6kCXziw0

Someone uploaded a video of all the new moves in the 2k15 DLC. A lot of cool stuff in there, especially Nakamura's Boma Ye complete with "YeahOH" taunt. Although Nick Jackson isn't really thrilled with the Young Bucks moves in the game.

quote:

The Young Bucks @NickJacksonYB · 1h 1 hour ago
Let's try this again. Even the video game is stealing our stuff.

The Young Bucks @NickJacksonYB · 1h 1 hour ago
Sad that 8 yr olds playing the @WWE video game will see "more bang 4 your buck" for the 1st time and say "that's not possible in real life".

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
More Bang For Your Buck isn't even that impressive of aerial moves. You've got Adrian Neville busting out corkscrew moonsaults and imploding 450s on WWE programming.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

They should be annoyed with its inclusion because it looks so loving slow in that video. The big thing with the Bucks is that, even though they are the definition of video-game wrestling, there's never any wasted motion while in that video it looks way too slow.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

At least they're putting new and honestly better animated than last year moves in. It's a struggle to find convincing moves/head bumps in 2K14 and the game has a quadrillion boring-rear end clotheslines and back suplexes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My favorite thing about the new animations is that the ones taken from female wrestlers are obviously modeled for female wrestlers even though you can't actually create them in game.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

sticklefifer posted:

He... he summons an APC. To run over his opponent.

You were never in the loving military, John. You played a marine in a movie.

You're drat right. HE SHOULD HAVE SUMMONED A STEAM ROLLER https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XAt_a5H2CA

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Haha you can't make CAW Divas? I keep learning new, disappointing things about 2K15

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

triplexpac posted:

Haha you can't make CAW Divas? I keep learning new, disappointing things about 2K15

was that just dropped or has it been that way for a while?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
CAW Divas have been in every game since Smackdown! 2 on the PlayStation. (Which also had non-specific gender-neutral CAWs, too.) This is the first title since then to omit it.
There was a quote from a 2K PR guy saying that basically they wanted to fit more in but they ran out of time, which is also why many match types and standard options have disappeared. Again, this is why the DLC stuff is such a sore point, because they allegedly didn't have time to include basic modes and features but somehow did find the time to make six DLC packs or whatever it is.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I can deal with that sort of thing, but you'd think they'd realise how silly it is to include Natural Selection or her figure-4 headlock thing without being able to make a CAW Charlotte Flair. Like, Nikki Bella's move being in the pack is fine, because last year part of the point of the pack was to add moves people started using after the original cutoff.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANOqWQ8NTOw

The CPL busts open Hercules in the first 30 seconds!

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
Hopefully these moves are still in the game in future years, when they've (maybe) gotten better. Though yeah, it's disappointing how slow-as-hell the Young Bucks stuff looks. Hell, even the Hart Attack looks like it's half-speed.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

IcePhoenix posted:

My favorite thing about the new animations is that the ones taken from female wrestlers are obviously modeled for female wrestlers even though you can't actually create them in game.
Which diva uses the strong style knee?

A thing about the move preview is that there's a noticeable slowdown a lot of the time, which isn't necessarily there in gameplay (but often is in tag matches)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

pressedbunny posted:

CAW Divas have been in every game since Smackdown! 2 on the PlayStation. (Which also had non-specific gender-neutral CAWs, too.) This is the first title since then to omit it.
There was a quote from a 2K PR guy saying that basically they wanted to fit more in but they ran out of time, which is also why many match types and standard options have disappeared. Again, this is why the DLC stuff is such a sore point, because they allegedly didn't have time to include basic modes and features but somehow did find the time to make six DLC packs or whatever it is.

"We admit we're shipping this incomplete game for full price, but we're going to charge you extra for the stuff we didn't have time to include anyway, even if you bought a season pass" has to be among the worst content delivery system I've seen in a video game.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

publishers pushing out unfinished games is becoming a pretty big problem

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Cardboard Box posted:

publishers pushing out unfinished games is becoming a pretty big problem
I'm pretty shocked that Alien: Isolation wasn't a bugged half finished product when it was released. Especially since it was from Creative Assembly

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

It showed in the human animations and AI but they clearly put everything they could possibly give into the environments and the Alien and it was the Right Choice.

Publishers are definitely stingy, but the scale of a AAA game is only increasing over time and thus so are the demands of project management. The more you have to put into something to make it work, the more often you have to cut things for time and budget, even when your programmers are good and your management is organized (Yuke's is probably lacking on both fronts, to put it mildly). The latest Deus Ex came out years ago but if you listen to the director's commentary, it feels like every conversation revolves around the massive amount of stuff that had to be cut. 2k15 stands out primarily because it feels so drastic, but also because it's a production that required a lot of work in a very short time frame, and as a yearly franchise it typically accumulated more and more bells and whistles with every iteration over the years.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Basic Chunnel posted:

It showed in the human animations and AI but they clearly put everything they could possibly give into the environments and the Alien and it was the Right Choice.

Publishers are definitely stingy, but the scale of a AAA game is only increasing over time and thus so are the demands of project management. The more you have to put into something to make it work, the more often you have to cut things for time and budget, even when your programmers are good and your management is organized (Yuke's is probably lacking on both fronts, to put it mildly). The latest Deus Ex came out years ago but if you listen to the director's commentary, it feels like every conversation revolves around the massive amount of stuff that had to be cut. 2k15 stands out primarily because it feels so drastic, but also because it's a production that required a lot of work in a very short time frame, and as a yearly franchise it typically accumulated more and more bells and whistles with every iteration over the years.
I know Rope kid has had many a tale about the stuff that was cut from Fallout New Vegas so yeah I know how much cool stuff or gameplay gets cut because of the deadline and money running out.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Demp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdM6kCXziw0

Someone uploaded a video of all the new moves in the 2k15 DLC. A lot of cool stuff in there, especially Nakamura's Boma Ye complete with "YeahOH" taunt. Although Nick Jackson isn't really thrilled with the Young Bucks moves in the game.

Who does the bridging package powerbomb irl?

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

super macho dude posted:

Kevin Steen/Owens, it's called the Steenalizer

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

super macho dude posted:

kota ibushi

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I was wondering if that was what that was. It looked a lot like what he was trying at WK9 before Nakamura headbutted him to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Basic Chunnel posted:

Which diva uses the strong style knee?

Judging by the scream preceding it I assumed it was a Paige move