Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Lycus posted:

Not as long as old people exist.

It's not so much that only old people watch it as more old people watch it than normal. Generally speaking if you aren't the Walking Dead, more young people probably watch NCIS than your show too. It's just really popular, period. That's why they keep making a million of those shows. People watch them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
I'm just curious here, but what's everyone's take on Fresh off the Boat. I loved the book and I hope that it's pretty close to book.

McOgre
Sep 19, 2011

The Legend of Groose

screenwritersblues posted:

I'm just curious here, but what's everyone's take on Fresh off the Boat. I loved the book and I hope that it's pretty close to book.

I haven't read the book, but I'm pretty excited for it. I've been waiting to see it since it's been announced, which feels like was forever ago.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
The dad acted as Kim Jong Un and asian Jim on the office: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqgWXW4nVe0

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CW Renews:

Flash (S2)
Jane The Virgin (S2)
Arrow (S4)
Reign (S3)
Supernatural (S11)
The Vampire Diaries (S7)
The 100 (S3)
The Originals (S3)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Paledecki and Ackles are going to be the Wincesters until they're 80

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Rarity posted:

And they're going to spend their twilight years in a retirement home with random other residents insisting they go home and bang each other senseless

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Rarity posted:

They've said in the past that they'll make them as long as they're able to so yeah they could run longer than Gunsmoke.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

computer parts posted:

They've said in the past that they'll make them as long as they're able to so yeah they could run longer than Gunsmoke.

But what about the son of macgyver TV show?

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
CBS just announced that NCIS: New Orleans, Scorpion, and Madame Secretary have all been renewed for 2nd seasons.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

xeria posted:

CBS just announced that NCIS: New Orleans, Scorpion, and Madame Secretary have all been renewed for 2nd seasons.

God loving drat you CBS. Jesus Christ what the gently caress are you doing.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

uublog posted:

Making sound financial decisions.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Mo0 posted:

Yeah, the only one that's even remotely a surprise of the bunch is maybe Madame Secretary's renewal, but even that's usually hovering at ~1.5 in the demo, which is pretty much CBS average for things that aren't NCIS-related or Criminal Minds (or now Scorpion).

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA

Mo0 posted:

God loving drat you middle America. Jesus Christ what the gently caress are you doing.

(I forgot that if I want to criticize awful cbs shows I have to instead criticize the "vast millions" who watch them, though I don't know where they hide, the only people I know who enjoy the ncis'es are my grandparents and a psych teacher I had in high school :iiam:)

uublog fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jan 13, 2015

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

uublog posted:

God loving drat you middle America. Jesus Christ what the gently caress are you doing.

It's ok, it's ok. Just relax.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Deadpool posted:

CW Renews:

Everything

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

uublog posted:

Anything that gives CCH Pounder a chance to appear on TV is a good thing in my book.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I updated the schedule in the OP, although I couldn't find the timeslots for some of the new spring shows. But it is more correct now than it was!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I approve of World's Funniest Fails immediately followed by Glee.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Isn't Selfie dead at this point, hollylolly?

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Rirse posted:

Isn't Selfie dead at this point, hollylolly?

Yes, and I thought I'd purged it out of the schedule but I see I only thought about it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

uublog posted:

(I forgot that if I want to criticize awful cbs shows I have to instead criticize the "vast millions" who watch them, though I don't know where they hide, the only people I know who enjoy the ncis'es are my grandparents and a psych teacher I had in high school :iiam:)

Everyone's grandparents and psych teachers that they had in high school watch them. It adds up.

My dad would binge on CSI/NCIS/JAG reruns all evening on cable then switch to CBS at primetime.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jan 14, 2015

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Lycus posted:

Everyone's grandparents and psych teachers that they had in high school watch them. It adds up.

My dad would binge on CSI/NCIS/JAG reruns all evening on cable then switch to CBS at primetime.

Yeah, the interesting thing is that the vast majority of the viewers aren't from the traditional demographic. NCIS had about the same viewer percentage as Gotham this week, but the latter doesn't even crack the top 25 in total number of viewers. It is literally everyone's grand/parents watching it.

(e: Gotham is above NCIS Los Angeles in the target demographic but the latter is #11 in total # of viewers.)

computer parts fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 14, 2015

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

uublog posted:

You can criticize the *shows* all you want, just when it comes to asking why the network is keeping them around, the answer's pretty self-evident.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

NBC has delayed the premiere of S3 of Hannibal until summer.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/16/nbc-hannibal-summer/

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007

hollylolly posted:

NBC has delayed the premiere of S3 of Hannibal until summer.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/16/nbc-hannibal-summer/

Welp, that sure sucks. One of the few shows I still look forward to.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

EgillSkallagrimsson posted:

Welp, that sure sucks. One of the few shows I still look forward to.

Good news, then! You can look forward to it even longer.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

From a ratings standpoint, it's probably better for Hannibal to not go up against regular season heavyweights.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, Hannibal was really suffering going up against all those heavyweights at 10 PM on Fridays.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

From a ratings standpoint, it's probably better for Hannibal to not go up against regular season heavyweights.

Why? Is it not a very good show?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

BSam posted:

Quality has nothing to do with it when you're talking about ratings. It was up against Blue Bloods, Hawaii Five-0, and Shark Tank last season, all of which are doing really well right now. Giving it a softer time to air can only help its ratings, and I'm all for networks further experimenting with treating summer as an actual time to air shows instead of a loving wasteland.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
The CW is also moving towards putting scripted programming in the summer, so this may be something all the networks are trying now. Hannibal's audience will probably watch it no matter when it airs, so it's a good show to experiment with.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

BSam posted:

Hannibal is one of the best shows on TV, but very few people watch it. When we talk about ratings, we aren't talking a rating of quality, but rather Nielsen ratings which measure the number of viewers.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Empire, Gotham, and Brooklyn Nine-Nine just picked up season renewals.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Fox has renewed Empire, Gotham, and Brooklyn Nine Nine for next season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hannibal will really suffer regardless of where it ends up.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Just watched the Backstrom pilot. Stars Rainn Wilson and it's basically a cynical Dwight Schrute being a CSI/detective type guy. I enjoyed it, hopefully it gets a thread.

epsilon-6
Dec 25, 2002
Has anyone made a thread for the Showtime show Episodes (the one with Matt LeBlanc)? I'd be happy to whip together an op, since it's a goddamn hilarious show.

Sorry if there has been one posted already, "episodes" is a hard search on tv iv.

Edit: Same question about Web Therapy. Also one of my very favorite shows currently airing.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

epsilon-6 posted:

Has anyone made a thread for the Showtime show Episodes (the one with Matt LeBlanc)? I'd be happy to whip together an op, since it's a goddamn hilarious show.

Sorry if there has been one posted already, "episodes" is a hard search on tv iv.

Edit: Same question about Web Therapy. Also one of my very favorite shows currently airing.

I'm sure the first couple of seasons of each show had a thread, but there was never a great deal of posts for either. I enjoy both shows, just don't think there's enough of a following for either in TVIV for a thread though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

Just watched the Backstrom pilot. Stars Rainn Wilson and it's basically a cynical Dwight Schrute being a CSI/detective type guy. I enjoyed it, hopefully it gets a thread.

It's halfway decent so far and I'm an Oregon native so I want it to succeed. Is there really not a thread for it?

• Locked thread