Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
Somewhere, there is a script of Edge's first segment in TNA with him taking 5 chair shots.

And a curb stomp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I want Edge to show up backstage at TNA with WWE contracts for the Hardys and tryout schedules for everyone else, along with the number of a lawyer well-versed in tearing apart lovely boilerplate contracts that TNA probably uses for their talent.

Edge will never even return an e-mail from them

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
gently caress "Haven," TNA could set him up with guest shots on prime Destination America programming like Bog Fuckers, Tooter's Truckin' Tales, and Swap Meet Soiree. Edge would be a fool to refuse.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I'd watch bog fuckers

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I'd watch bog fuckers

Are they people who live in bogs who gently caress a lot? People who fetishizes bogs? Bogs that gently caress people? I have so many questions to ask.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Are they people who live in bogs who gently caress a lot? People who fetishizes bogs? Bogs that gently caress people? I have so many questions to ask.

I wish WWECW was still a thing because a wrestler with a Swamp Thing gimmick named The Bog Fucker would probably get over.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

RZApublican posted:

I wish WWECW was still a thing because a wrestler with a Swamp Thing gimmick named The Bog Fucker would probably get over.

Swamp Monster in Chikara is pretty over, jack.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Current TNA World Champion Bobby Lashley is injured according to PWInsider. Nature of his injury is unknown.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Daniel Bryan posted:

Current TNA World Champion Bobby Lashley is injured according to PWInsider. Nature of his injury is unknown.

Brain Aneurysm from working in TNA too long.
Suicide from realizing that his career went from wrestlemania to TNA.
Fake injury so that he can come back as "Black Suicide"
Self inflicted to try to get Dixie to pay something, anything, please my kids are starving.
He hurt his ankle maybe?

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Trollologist posted:

Brain Aneurysm from working in TNA too long.
Suicide from realizing that his career went from wrestlemania to TNA.
Fake injury so that he can come back as "Black Suicide"
Self inflicted to try to get Dixie to pay something, anything, please my kids are starving.
He hurt his ankle maybe?

Trying to duck a Bellator fight.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I thought TNA was going to issue a press release on what the REAL ratings for IMPACT were? After all the confusion about them and Keller being "incorrect"?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Scared to fight the Colossus, JT

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cory Lidle posted:

Who are you talking to right now? Who is it you think you tweet? Do you know how many scoops I see a year? I mean, even if I told you, you wouldn't believe it. Do you know what would happen if I suddenly decided to stop being right about wrestling on the internet? A WordPress rumor blog big enough that it could be sourced on LordsofPain goes belly up. Disappears! It ceases to exist without me. No, you clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not being owned by PSP, Cultlife. I am the PSP. A guy opens his door and gets future endeavored and you think that of me? No. I am the one who scoops!

TNA and this thread sucks but this post doesn't :laffo:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The Jeff Hardy bump was mentioned during the news segment yesterday morning on my local morning zoo radio show I listen to while driving to work.

Congratulations Dixie! You've made the big time!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

super macho dude posted:

The Jeff Hardy bump was mentioned during the news segment yesterday morning on my local morning zoo radio show I listen to while driving to work.

Congratulations Dixie! You've made the big time!

Did they refer to him as a WWE star, or a former WWE star?

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Daniel Bryan posted:

Greg Savage said on last weeks Cheap Seats that it was a "hand Injury"....

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

TheCool69 posted:

Greg Savage said on last weeks Cheap Seats that it was a "hand Injury"....

People who strike and grapple fur realsies get injured hands fairly often so I'm not sure why you have it in quotes and followed it with an ellipse

Like that's Travis Brownes hand after a fight, it happens during sparring too

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ken Anderson looks like he wants to die.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

There are plenty of legit complaints against Anderson but I love his facial expressions.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
There's some parallel universe where Ken Anderson didn't gently caress up all his opportunities and has held the WWE title for several years as the main eventer son of Vince McMahon.

I'm glad we don't live there and instead live in the one where he's in a C-level promotion seen by nobody.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DJExile posted:

There are plenty of legit complaints against Anderson but I love his facial expressions.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

is there some sort of production rule that everything has to be so dark? It look likes a stage play.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

flashy_mcflash posted:

Interestingly, in the Middle East, pointing the sole of your foot at someone is a massive insult (hence that guy throwing his shoe at George Bush some years ago).

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

flashy_mcflash posted:

It looks like Dixie is having trouble keeping her eyes open due to all that poo poo she applies, probably with a putty knife.

And has she ever worn a different kind of shirt?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It looks like Dixie is having trouble keeping her eyes open due to all that poo poo she applies, probably with a putty knife.

And has she ever worn a different kind of shirt?

Or they caught her blinking, or she was tired

And I don't think it's a goon's role to question the fashion sense of a millionaire, hth

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Yuriy posted:

Or they caught her blinking, or she was tired

And I don't think it's a goon's role to question the fashion sense of a millionaire, hth

Agreed on the first line, lol wtf on the second. I guess having a lot of money automatically validates her taste. Like, running TNA like she does is alright as well, because how dare goons question the business decisions of a millionaire?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dixie carter isn't the hill i'm willing to die on but if i can't laugh at michael jordan's clothes then what's the point of living

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I give up, who is the Randy Orton/Diego lovechild on the left?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Faustian Bargain posted:

I give up, who is the Randy Orton/Diego lovechild on the left?

Hoppy McGee

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Grendels Dad posted:

Agreed on the first line, lol wtf on the second. I guess having a lot of money automatically validates her taste. Like, running TNA like she does is alright as well, because how dare goons question the business decisions of a millionaire?

tbf dressing yourself is a little less hard than running a wrasslin' company + based on the stories of her trolling the TNA Knockouts with her expensive clothes/jewelry, she's probably at least somewhat aware fashion-wise

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I mean, there's plenty of ugly yet expensive clothes out there

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

flashy_mcflash posted:

Did they refer to him as a WWE star, or a former WWE star?

:lol: it was actually brought up like this, "So remember the wrestlers The Hardy Boys? Well, one of them, Jeff, recently got dropped on his head after taking a nasty spill off the top of a steel cage in a recent match."

No mention of TNA, the other guys just laughed it off, and moved on to college football talk.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Yuriy posted:

tbf dressing yourself is a little less hard than running a wrasslin' company + based on the stories of her trolling the TNA Knockouts with her expensive clothes/jewelry, she's probably at least somewhat aware fashion-wise

Looking at the picture posted above, I'm inclined to disagree. What you're saying boils down to "what she wears can't be ugly because she is rich", which is a dumb and slightly disgusting sentiment to have.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer didn't like the end of Impact:

quote:

Lashley regained the title from Roode in 19:55. This was a good match, but not as good as their previous bouts. During the match they cut backstage as security tried to throw out MVP and King. But two masked guys beat up security. They were trading near falls. Lashley had a busted mouth. Lashley used heavy rain for a near fall. No, nobody recognized it. Lashley missed a spear into the corner and Roode countered with a spear for a near fall. MVP & King came to ringside with the two masked guys. Roode had Lashley in the crossface. Lashley got out. Roode hit the Roode bomb and Lashley kicked out. Roode went back to the crossface. Fans were chanting “tap” when King pulled ref Brian Hebner out of the ring and decked him. Angle came out, but King, MVP and the two masked men surrounded him. Roode went to help, but then they asked if he wanted some and he backed off, which is stupid unless he’s turning, and at this point, the last thing they need is more turns. There was no ref. The masked guys unmasked as Low Ki and Samoa Joe. Eric Young made the save with a chair. Of course Young then hit Roode with the chair and Lashley got the pin with a spear. It ended with MVP, King, Joe, Low Ki and Young all together as the new top heel group. They nearly put themselves out of business with this style of television, cut their audience down greatly and now they have almost disappeared from public perception and instead of learning from it, they only know one way. Nothing is more sad that constantly watching people run wrestling who have never studied wrestling, nor even pay attention to what works and doesn’t work, and I don’t even mean in other years, I mean this year and last year. But they know no other way because they honestly have no clue of how to engage fans nor have a clue how to make them care. When this was over, I didn’t care, which is the wrong emotion to have when trying to build an audience. When they said they were going to have a face lift and change things, all they did was change the lead announcer and darken the building because there were no fans. They didn’t examine for one second why nobody was buying tickets before and somehow hoped beyond hope that changing the announcer and making all the same mistakes would change their fortune. When it was over, it blew my mind. My five year old got in trouble at school and got punished. Guess what. She doesn’t get in trouble in school anymore. They follow the Vince Russo playbook of a million angles that make no sense that nobody can keep up with even with a notebook (and I promise you, nobody watches wrestling with a notebook but me), it fails for years, and instead of figuring out we got punished by losing our TV deal, but now we have to rebuild, they do the exact same thing. You spend umpteen times more than ROH and now they are beating you in the ratings and selling more tickets to their shows. Hello, is anybody home? What happens next week when somebody does voiceovers of two year old matches from Japan and goes even or beats you? Will you stick to your not learning the business and thinking this is what the public wants?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

quote:

You spend umpteen times more than ROH and now they are beating you in the ratings and selling more tickets to their shows.

So that's that confirmed. TNA is now only the second biggest in terms of money being spent.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Dave fantastically tore them to shreds, but I can't believe that AXS will get more viewers than Destination America. Is it AXS only available in HD?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Dave fantastically tore them to shreds, but I can't believe that AXS will get more viewers than Destination America. Is it AXS only available in HD?

There's no way the New Japan show on AXS will get better viewership than Impact.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Bellas can sleep easy now:
https://twitter.com/Kharma/status/555765943436333056

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Dixie's half page ad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

TNA's target demographic: Newspaper readers