Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IRQ posted:

gently caress that, Avatar is not anime and does not belong in the pedophile forum, I will continue to not talk about that bad show (Korra) here thank you. :colbert:

Uh, isn't this the pedophile forum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

drat we got some Richard Armitage haters in this thread.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I remember I was mad keen on Spooks for a while, at least for the first four seasons.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Well, he did try to kill Captain America.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Aphrodite posted:

Uh, isn't this the pedophile forum?

Touche'.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

zoux posted:

I'd say I'm more of a Richard Armitage well-wisher, in that I don't wish him any specific harm.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Eddie Huang on Fresh Off the Boat - first his memoir, now a sitcom on ABC.

This gives me some hope the show will actually be good. Has good talent behind it and he seems to be pushing pretty hard to keep his vision in it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Amazon Studios has announced a February 13th premiere date on Amazon Prime Instant Video for its first original drama series "Bosch".

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I just noticed that G4 has finally drifted away from my cable provider's lineup. RIP G4, may 5-year-old reruns of Web Soup sing thee to thy rest.

I noticed it because I noticed that Esquire Channel has nothing but a marathon of the '70s Incredible Hulk show, followed by a marathon block of The Getaway, followed by infomercials to finish their broadcast day. Why were they in such a hurry to kill off two stations that at least seemed to have enough programming to fill out a day, only to replace them with a network that has like 3 original shows, none of which are anything I think of when I think "Esquire"?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Esquire is supposed to be another network directly catering to a male demo, ala Spike. Considering G4 was home to regularly creepy programming like Attack of the Show, I consider this a step up.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

hcreight posted:

Esquire is supposed to be another network directly catering to a male demo, ala Spike. Considering G4 was home to regularly creepy programming like Attack of the Show, I consider this a step up.

They still air reruns of American Ninja Warrior, so they're alright in my book.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

thrawn527 posted:

They still air reruns of American Ninja Warrior, so they're alright in my book.

Wasn't that, COPS reruns, Attack of the Show, and Bait Car the only poo poo on that network?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

IRQ posted:

Wasn't that, COPS reruns, Attack of the Show, and Bait Car the only poo poo on that network?

Maybe. I just know ANW the only thing I ever watched on it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

raditts posted:

Why were they in such a hurry to kill off two stations that at least seemed to have enough programming to fill out a day, only to replace them with a network that has like 3 original shows, none of which are anything I think of when I think "Esquire"?

At least The Getaway is really fun. I used to always watch The Layover episodes for anywhere I was going, and Getaway fills that spot nicely. Fun for Bourdain to produce but not host too.

Jenny Slate in Barcelona echoed so many of my experiences there, from my refusal to get on that cable car, the metro tickets, and a love of tomato bread.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

EL BROMANCE posted:

At least The Getaway is really fun. I used to always watch The Layover episodes for anywhere I was going, and Getaway fills that spot nicely. Fun for Bourdain to produce but not host too.

Jenny Slate in Barcelona echoed so many of my experiences there, from my refusal to get on that cable car, the metro tickets, and a love of tomato bread.

Wait, is there a show like The Layover? I loved that show.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

I think its more confusion about why a niche BBC actor would be considered a "big get" for an American network drama.

hcreight posted:

Considering G4 was home to regularly creepy programming like Attack of the Show, I consider this a step up.

My mother always told me to never accept a drink offered by Attack of the Show.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Irish Joe posted:

I think its more confusion about why a niche BBC actor would be considered a "big get" for an American network drama.

Especially one that already stars several much bigger movie stars

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, is there a show like The Layover? I loved that show.

It's not really like The Layover but it is a fun show. They follow a minor celebrity - some of the ones in season 1 were Joel McHale, Aziz Anzari, and Seth Meyers (and the twin brother he apparently has) - around for a week at some world location. I like it better than most of Bourdain's shows because you don't have to deal with Bourdain's know-it-all narration and general douchery.

If you need your Bourdain fix you've still got Parts Unknown on CNN, which seems more like No Reservations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

From AV CLUB:

quote:

VH1 Classic is hoping the warm glow of nostalgia will drive viewers to its new plan: airing all 433 episodes of Saturday Night Live in reverse order. For 19 days straight, the channel will run back-to-back episodes, starting with season 39 and working backwards to the very first episode, hosted by George Carlin, that originally aired October 11, 1975.

“The SNL Rewind: 2015—1975 Mega-Marathon” begins on Wednesday, January 28 and ends Sunday, February 15, in a nice bit of marketing synergy wherein that Carlin-hosted episode will end just moments before the start of NBC’s 40th anniversary special.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

raditts posted:

If you need your Bourdain fix you've still got Parts Unknown on CNN, which seems more like No Reservations.

It's actually a little bit better than No Reservations. CNN's giving him free reign that he didn't have with Scripps and it's the same production team so the photography remains impeccable.

raditts posted:

Seth Meyers (and the twin brother he apparently has)

Just his younger brother, not a twin. They're funny together when Josh is on Late Night.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

GreenNight posted:

From AV CLUB:

That sounds pretty dang cool. Until you get to the 80s, anyway. I wonder if they'll be the full episodes or the bullshit shortened versions.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

hcreight posted:

That sounds pretty dang cool. Until you get to the 80s, anyway. I wonder if they'll be the full episodes or the bullshit shortened versions.

There will still be a couple edited episodes. The Martin Lawrence one and the one with the pope tear.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

bobkatt013 posted:

There will still be a couple edited episodes. The Martin Lawrence one and the one with the pope tear.

Don't they also refuse to reair that one Nirvana segment where they refused to lip synch too? That pissed them off pretty bad iirc.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That happened on a British music show called Top of the Pops but I don't know about SNL.

What did Martin Lawrence say? Wiki just says it was something about "feminine hygiene".

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I could swear it was SNL but I could be crazy.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Bown posted:

That happened on a British music show called Top of the Pops but I don't know about SNL.

What did Martin Lawrence say? Wiki just says it was something about "feminine hygiene".

he talked about eating dirty unwashed pussy

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bown posted:

Here you go
http://snltranscripts.jt.org/93/93nmono.phtml

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Aye Doc posted:

he talked about eating dirty unwashed pussy

Naya Rivera?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

raditts posted:

It's not really like The Layover but it is a fun show. They follow a minor celebrity - some of the ones in season 1 were Joel McHale, Aziz Anzari, and Seth Meyers (and the twin brother he apparently has) - around for a week at some world location. I like it better than most of Bourdain's shows because you don't have to deal with Bourdain's know-it-all narration and general douchery.

I actually watch it for Bourdain's douchery. Guy knows a lot about travelling, he humbles me.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Bown posted:

Martin Lawrence posted:

Something else concerns me and it hurts, see I'm, I'm single, I'm a single man, I don't have nobody, I'm looking for somebody and- but I'm meeting a lot of women out there, and you got some beautiful women, but you got some out there that, uh, I gotta say somethin'. Um... some of you are not washing your rear end properly.* (laughter & applause) OK? Don't- don't get me wrong, not all, some of you, you know what I'm sayin', uh... I'm sorry, 'Cause uh, listen, now, I don't know what it is a woman got to do to keep up the hygiene on the body I know, uh, I'm watching douche commercials on television, and I'm wonderin' if some of you are reading the instructions. I don't think so. Y'know, 'cause I'm getting with some of the ladies, smelling odors, going "Wait a minute. (gestures with index finger) Girl, smell this! This you! Smell yourself, girl."

Smell yourself! I tell a woman in a minute, douche! douche! Some women don't like when you tell them that, when you straightforward with them. "Douche!" They, (imitating woman) "Forget you! You cannot douche all the time, you're gonna wash all the natural juices out the body." I say, well, I dont give a drat what you do, put a Tic-Tac in your rear end. Put a Cert in your rear end. Oh, oh, y'know, this look like a good drat place for a Stick-up up in your rear end.

I'm sorry, y'all. You got to wash properly. You know, and then, you know, 'cause I'm a man, I like to kiss on women, you know, I like to kiss all over their bodies, you know. But if you're not clean in your proper areas I can't... you know... kiss all over the places I wanna kiss. You know, some women'll let you go down, you know what I'm sayin', knowin' they got a yeast infection. (Some audience disgust) I'm sorry. Sorry. Come up with dough all on your drat lip... Got a bagel and a croissant on your lip. "Anybody got any butter?" I like jelly on mine.

Well look here, y'all, we got a great show for you tonight, cause I'm here. (Cheers and applause) That's right. I'm here, Crash- yo, yo! Crash Test Dummies are here so yo, we'll be back, hang on, we gonna be back, we gonna do our thing!

(removes shirt and conducts martial arts moves)

Somehow, Martin Lawrence's popularity was among the least strange things about the '90s.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Its going to be so great once Lorne dies and we finally get a chance to watch some of those old, classic SNLs.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

raditts posted:

(removes shirt and conducts martial arts moves)

SNL in the 90s was a strange, beautiful creature.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Hopefully with all the episodes being aired in full, people will actually realize that even the most memorable casts struck out as much as they hit it out of the park.

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
I'm watching Studio 60 (again, kind of, because I saw most of it when it first aired but I was like 15) because someone in my master's program said it was actually good, and it's been passable-to-decent until now. Now is when the poo poo between Danny and Jordan started up. Christ, it's even more cringeworthy than I remember.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

JohnSherman posted:

Hopefully with all the episodes being aired in full, people will actually realize that even the most memorable casts struck out as much as they hit it out of the park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE_Glg85-60

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

av club released the first part of their top sitcom episodes of the past 25 years for everyone who loves to argue about dumb poo poo like this

http://www.avclub.com/article/best-sitcom-episodes-last-25-years-part-1-213562

and that includes me. stash from the past should be way higher, gently caress you av club

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

raditts posted:

Somehow, Martin Lawrence's popularity was among the least strange things about the '90s.

Red Foxx had the original "You gotta wash your rear end" routine in his standup, this musta been some kind of tribute to him from Martin.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Aye Doc posted:

av club released the first part of their top sitcom episodes of the past 25 years for everyone who loves to argue about dumb poo poo like this

and that includes me. stash from the past should be way higher, gently caress you av club

If somebody made a Chrome extension that would block listicles and any post linking to them I would download it in an instant.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Aye Doc posted:

Yeah, that seems legit. Couldn't they have just left off the few that they found on other lists and just made it of the last 5 or 10 years maybe? 25 years ago was the tail end of Cheers and The Cosby Show and they have Girls, Modern Family, and How I Met Your Mother episodes on there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is there a Workaholics thread? New seasons starts tonight but I don't see one.

• Locked thread