Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
I skipped the last page because everyone is like crying or something

when I said bad server I meant no one's on the servers I like (people that have an ok-level of skill) and now you're complaining about balance and poo poo. I don't want to hear about how targe or medic is OP or whatever. if you want a loving serious FPS to complain about, go to CSGO or something you nublets

now who wants to play tf2 with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

I skipped the last page because everyone is like crying or something

when I said bad server I meant no one's on the servers I like (people that have an ok-level of skill) and now you're complaining about balance and poo poo. I don't want to hear about how targe or medic is OP or whatever. if you want a loving serious FPS to complain about, go to CSGO or something you nublets

now who wants to play tf2 with me

I will at some point. There are several really good games out and coming out soon so I have to fit it into the gaming schedule. Luckily it's an easy game to drop in and drop out of.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I'm a f2p tf2 player who's terrible at the game but it's fun to dub around with for an hour here or there. It's fun to play with friends.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Eye of Widesauron posted:

I will at some point. There are several really good games out and coming out soon so I have to fit it into the gaming schedule. Luckily it's an easy game to drop in and drop out of.

this plus an already overwhelming backlog too

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
the game can still be fun so long as you play demoman with the basic loadout or a caber

eventually valve is gonna do a re release vanilla-only classic tf2 and make a killing

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Tf2 is a fun game and I always play on awful pub Valve servers

It's pretty fun playing RR, Wrangler engie and making GBS threads it your sentry in some really stupid spot, then see how long you can keep it alive against the pubbie horde

It can even make awful maps like hoodoo fun, as long as you're on red

Tf2 is a great game because there's a million loving dumb gimmick loadouts you can do, and once you've figured out how to dominate pubs with one and have gotten bored of it, you can move on to another gimmick

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

buddy and I went double engi and set up a murder room far away from the objective and the other team made it a point to come destroy us while we were dancing in there it was a lot of fun. Great troll potential

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

People who are obsessed with dominating "pubbies" have some pretty severe issues and probably should see a social worker.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I like doing the Rancho Relaxo taunt on CTF.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Wormskull posted:

People who are obsessed with dominating "pubbies" have some pretty severe issues and probably should see a social worker.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

valve servers are good because everyone else is garbage that exists to show off tf2s cool gib effects. killing everybody all the time is usually more fun than dying a bunch

i scum it even harder by only playing maps that favor scout

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just hit random when I play now, and only if one of my friends is playing cuz I can't stand it otherwise.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
pubstomping is like a good smack habit

you can enjoy it, just don't brag about it

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

i bought tf2 for $2.50 on steam but i would rather have my $2.50 back now

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos
R.I.P. 2fort2furious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmD4QU_18pE

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
My favorite TF2 gimmick is to play on a well balanced team that favors direct front line engagement with other team mates attempting to use the most optimal loadout to capture the objective.

It's pretty fun and I encourage everyone to try it :)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Powercrazy posted:

My favorite TF2 gimmick is to play on a well balanced team that favors direct front line engagement with other team mates attempting to use the most optimal loadout to capture the objective.

I think we as an Imp Zone team should all come together and agree that Powercrazy is the worst poster in Imp Zone and destroy him with flamethrowers and miniguns.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Come at me Bro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n049JQaXAPE&t=31s

Canned Bread
Feb 26, 2013

Best Thing Since Sliced!
I know someone w/ a backpack worht $2500-$3000 who p much only plays slenderman servers

but still TF2 is good and fun and I haven't played it in a while and now I'm in the mood to play again

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Have people gone back to playing the normal game again or is it still all mvm?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Powercrazy posted:

You're one of the psychopaths from the Games TF2 thread, correct?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Yes, I am.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Vargs posted:

valve servers are good because everyone else is garbage that exists to show off tf2s cool gib effects. killing everybody all the time is usually more fun than dying a bunch

i scum it even harder by only playing maps that favor scout

Are custom sound effects still disabled on Valve serves? I used to have sounds where crits made the homerun bat noise from smash bros and when the medic dropped an uber it did "ooo what you saaaay." They banned that because some guys use really loud decloaking noises and since then the game is not very fun for me. There are still non-valve servers which is a really not-fun experience.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

net cafe scandal posted:

Let me guess, anyone who doesn't sit in spawn and munch sandwiches is a "psychopath" or worse a "try-hard" to you right?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Powercrazy posted:

Let me guess, anyone who doesn't sit in spawn and munch sandwiches is a "psychopath" or worse a "try-hard" to you right?
You are the posting equivalent of a guy building sentries at spawn: not good.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

FactsAreUseless posted:

You are the posting equivalent of a guy building sentries at spawn: not good.

YourPostsAreUseless

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

*posts that he does what is the very definition of being a try hard*

"oh I guess now you're gonna call me a try hard :rolleye:"

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Powercrazy posted:

I'm pretty much done with TF2 because they smoothed out the burst damage from non-melee weapons. Without burst damage most game modes become slogs, sentry's and healing become too strong and of course the number of demomen who can actually demolish stuff is usually hovering near zero.

They've also screwed up the balance between speed and health, the charging targe was the beginning of the end, but now most classes can move faster then they were originally supposed to often without a downside.

Mm. Overwatch is shaping up to be pretty sick, though.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

being called a tryhard is actually a compliment

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

qnqnx posted:

I agree for the most part but the people you'd typically call that are the ones that room the communities in mobas because they rage when other people aren't as good as they think they are

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

qnqnx posted:

Yup.

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I agree for the most part but the people you'd typically call that are the ones that room the communities in mobas because they rage when other people aren't as good as they think they are

No one is mad bro.

net cafe scandal posted:

Mm. Overwatch is shaping up to be pretty sick, though.

I'm looking forward to playing it, I doubt it will be as good as TF2 but I'll give it a chance.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Powercrazy posted:

No one is mad bro.

So you don't complain at people that don't go to the right objectives or "sit in spawn eating sandwiches?"

You are a rare breed.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

So you don't complain at people that don't go to the right objectives or "sit in spawn eating sandwiches?"

You are a rare breed.

Depends. If i'm on a mario-kart instant respawn server, no I don't give a gently caress.

If there is a group of 3 players on my team essentially afk, I kick them to make room for people who want to play the class-based shooter team fortress 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

qnqnx posted:

• Locked thread