Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Memories...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

Count Freebasie posted:

I think I actually made my voice hoarse from screaming at the TV while trying to do races to unlock more parts. It's not that I'm bad, but everyone else has super-modded cars and is beating me. Seriously, the most frustrating part of the game. I had to stop out of frustration and then did some contact jobs with some of the worst pubbies I've ever played with. I think I've got some bad juju today.

Platform?

I'm sure someone would trade races with you.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

A c E posted:

Platform?

I'm sure someone would trade races with you.

PSN 4

trainwreck708 is my handle. Anyone who wants to trade wins, let me know.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
I hope heists come out this month.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Count Freebasie posted:

I think I actually made my voice hoarse from screaming at the TV while trying to do races to unlock more parts. It's not that I'm bad, but everyone else has super-modded cars and is beating me. Seriously, the most frustrating part of the game. I had to stop out of frustration and then did some contact jobs with some of the worst pubbies I've ever played with. I think I've got some bad juju today.

Yup me too. I haven't won a SINGLE race since the ps4 launch, and I have 100 driving. I remember when online first came out I won like 60% of the time or so, now there's always some lv 199 who is at the finish line 2 minutes before everyone else. And since this is a totally new character, I have 0 unlocks.

I've just been doing the parachuting all the time. Calming.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

How do you know when you're in the bad sports lobby?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

What's the general consensus on the various motorcycles you can buy online? I've always been a fan of the Akuma(back on PS3) because of the way it looks but I'm open to suggestions regarding performance and all those various things!

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Count Freebasie posted:

Host races yourself and turn custom cars off?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

BitBasher posted:

Host races yourself and turn custom cars off?

^^^ This. Host, nix customs, turn OFF catchup and only race on courses you really really know (again: host advantage).

Failing that, race trade.

Failing THAT: drive better. :smuggo:

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Lyer posted:

How do you know when you're in the bad sports lobby?

You have a Dunce hat on.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Thin Privilege posted:

I've just been doing the parachuting all the time. Calming.

Parachuting rules, no shame there. And golf.

I played for the first time in ages recently and was terrible in free roam. I couldn't even remember how to zoom my sniper rifle.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

shmee posted:

And golf.

I played for the first time in ages recently and was terrible in free roam. I couldn't even remember how to zoom my sniper rifle.

Golf owns. Although the change from Xbox to PS4 controller has thrown my drive off a bit as I get used to the change of angle since the L analog stick is in a slightly different place. Ended up having a great game with some pubby dude with a thick rear end southern accent. Dude just wanted to golf and drink and we traded birdies back'n'forth where he finally beat me by one stroke on the 2nd to last hole. (we both birdied the 9th).

Please give me golf DLC damnit. :argh:

Also they moved scope zoom to the Dpad UP/DOWN on nextgen so you can move yer body with the L analog stick if you haven't figured it out already. :v:

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Duke Chin posted:

Please give me golf DLC damnit. :argh:

:hfive: this would be great.

Duke Chin posted:

Also they moved scope zoom to the Dpad UP/DOWN on nextgen so you can move yer body with the L analog stick if you haven't figured it out already. :v:

I hadn't gone back to it since to find out so thanks.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Count Freebasie posted:

Here's how to rack up race wins for parts easy:
1) Buy or find a Vapid Sadler pickup truck, and apply all the mods you've unlocked. It's cheap and it's basically the best possible Utility class vehicle AND most people won't have one, let alone a highly customized one.
2) Find a race that has the utility class available, and run it solo to doublecheck that its not locked to a subset of utility. If you can't find any, make one yourself.
3) Run that race/races with the utility class and your sadler until you've got 50 wins and therefore every run-count-locked upgrade unlocked. You will pretty much always win, because that truck is way faster than the golf carts and lawn mowers and poo poo that people will have to choose

And while you're doing this, go ahead and bet $10,000 on yourself each race and then $100 on another person to guarentee bets go through. It's an easy bonus $3900 on every race because your chance of success is like 99.9999%.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

What's the general consensus on the various motorcycles you can buy online? I've always been a fan of the Akuma(back on PS3) because of the way it looks but I'm open to suggestions regarding performance and all those various things!

Akuma is still the best for a pure street bike and its weight makes jumping easy enough to clear trees and rocks and poo poo if you leave the road for a moment. I have one and do pretty well with it, I'm terrified of adding a turbo though.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Sorry for bailing right when you got there pootbarn, I had to go and I was in a separate private chat so I couldn't say anything.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:
Just want to make sure it's not just me. The texture for the men's "Red Checked Untucked" shirt looks loving terrible, right? As if it was ripped directly from the last gen version and not upscaled at all.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
funny number page

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Count Freebasie posted:

PSN 4

trainwreck708 is my handle. Anyone who wants to trade wins, let me know.

Send a friend request to me, faktory4. I don't need any wins but I'll be happy to let you run Criminal Records at least a few times for some victories. I'm usually on after 8:30 p.m. eastern time. My playtime will be sporadic in the coming weeks though.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Cute as heck posted:

Just want to make sure it's not just me. The texture for the men's "Red Checked Untucked" shirt looks loving terrible, right? As if it was ripped directly from the last gen version and not upscaled at all.

You're not kidding. The last gen version (the smaller one in the photo) looks much better than the current one.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Aardmania posted:

You're not kidding. The last gen version (the smaller one in the photo) looks much better than the current one.

That's awful. Does it look any better when you come out of the clothing selection screen? I changed my character from a man to a woman, and I noticed a lot of the women's clothing looked terrible - I thought it was just women's clothing maybe.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
That wasn't from the clothing selection screen. The pictures were taken in free roam with the Snapmatic. I just posed it inside the store to try to keep the light levels the same for both pictures.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

me your dad posted:

Send a friend request to me, faktory4. I don't need any wins but I'll be happy to let you run Criminal Records at least a few times for some victories. I'm usually on after 8:30 p.m. eastern time. My playtime will be sporadic in the coming weeks though.

Quite literally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBHJG_CcwbA

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...
Seriously, everyone I know traded wins at some point. Ps4? Add 'digitist' and holla the next time you see me on.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Same with digitalprophet on PSN. I don't need wins but I'll let you get some. I need a rally race win!

Dirty Karma
Jul 3, 2007
I'm in the same boat, except on the forgotten 360.

GT: BarneyStintson

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Haha that was last night(?) I realized I had zero chance in my Sultan so I refilled my beer and took a piss.

me your dad fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jan 15, 2015

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

me your dad posted:

Haha that was last night(?) I realized I had zero chance in my Sultan so I refilled my beer and took a piss.

That makes it all the more hilarious that you suddenly started driving again and careened right into a lightpost

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Kelly posted:

That makes it all the more hilarious that you suddenly started driving again and careened right into a lightpost

:guinness: Business as usual

Further car chat: What are the current top dogs in the sports class and super class? I see so many people driving Zentornos in races that I feel like I'm missing out in my Entity. And my sports cars consist of a Carbonizarre and two Sultans and both make terrible choices in races.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!

omg chael crash posted:

The Hakuchou can't corner for poo poo and is a fat bloater of a bike, but despite this has incredible highway speed, wheelies like a dream and is amazing for stunts and jumps.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

me your dad posted:

Further car chat: What are the current top dogs in the sports class and super class? I see so many people driving Zentornos in races that I feel like I'm missing out in my Entity. And my sports cars consist of a Carbonizarre and two Sultans and both make terrible choices in races.

Massacro for Sports, get a Massacro (preferrably a racecar version) because it's like the Carbonizzare but better.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

me your dad posted:

In my opinion, it doesn't matter what the "top choice" is in either class. I race a maxed out Infernus in super, and a maxed out Sultan in sports. And most times, I'll beat any pubbie. Pick a car that suits your driving style and work with it. I don't WAN'T to race a Zentorno and I don't WAN'T to race a Massacaro because everyone else has them. It makes me beating those cars all that much sweeter.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

me your dad posted:

I still rock a fully modded Entity and do just fine against the crop of newer super cars. I usually lose due to being wrecked or wrecking myself.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I still prefer a Carbonizzare, and have no problem winning races with it.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Hell, when I used to race a lot I'd beat Entities and Adders just driving my Voltic, even though its top speed is piss poor in comparison. Not because I'm a good driver, but because there are somehow a lot of people out there who are even worse than me. Some are so bad at driving that they can crash on a straight road with no traffic.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

I like the feltzer in sports class but its not really the best car to use. Also I pretty much never do super races because they are boring and have no variety.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I prefer the Rapid GT in Sports

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
The Zentorno is the best super for racing, but if you're racing in gen-pop the entity, adder, turismo, and other cars can work.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

The Massacro Racecar (or the normal version, there's only a minor difference) is best for tracks with a lot of straights, the Elegy is best for really technical tracks (which pubbies avoid like the plague) and the Jester Racecar is somewhere in between. The Zentorno is pretty much the flat out best at everything in its class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Bobtista posted:

I've set myself a target of getting to rank 100 to unlock and mod up a Dubsta 6x6 and then I'm going to shelve it until the next content update drops.

Yeah, I want to Platinum it so I gotta reach rank 100 too--I'm not even at 25 yet ;(

MrLonghair posted:

Replaying the SP, I never actually knew you could get Michael's view of going to Ludendorff Cemetary. Open it up officially for MP shenanigans please.

That and interiors should be playable in Online, smh

• Locked thread