Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Really stretching it to call Louie a sitcom. Love the show but... yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You could call it a dramedy but dramedy sounds stupid as hell.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Was making predictions with a buddy about what'll be in the top 10. Here's what I had written down:

quote:

The Office
Community - Remedial Chaos Theory (maybe D&D?)
Arrested Development
Seinfeld - The Bet
The Simpsons - who knows man
Scrubs?
Friends? Would they bother?
30 Rock
Frasier
NewsRadio?
Always Sunny?

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
Arrested Development: Pier Pressure
Simpsons: Cape Feare

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Man, I hope they include Fresh Prince.

:sadfan:

I'll post this again if AV club doesn't include Fresh Prince. I also hope it includes Smart Guy and Sister, Sister. Man, the last 25 years was great for black people.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Marge vs The Monorail is my Simpsons guess.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ravane posted:

Man, I hope they include Fresh Prince.

:sadfan:

I'll post this again if AV club doesn't include Fresh Prince. I also hope it includes Smart Guy and Sister, Sister. Man, the last 25 years was great for black people.

Actually that poo poo is fake. Will is just a good actor.

http://www.projectcasting.com/news/the-real-story-behind-the-most-heartbreaking-scene-in-the-fresh-prince-of-bel-air/

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tumblr is the worst for tens of thousands of people swallowing obviously fake bullshit

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

I didn't know that. :triggered: drat you tumblr. First you tell me that pussy comes from the word pusillanimous, now this. When will you ever tell me the truth?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ravane posted:

I didn't know that. :triggered: drat you tumblr. First you tell me that pussy comes from the word pusillanimous, now this. When will you ever tell me the truth?
When the patriarchy has been completely dismantled.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So far Man Seeking Woman is pretty weird.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

av club released the first part of their top sitcom episodes of the past 25 years for everyone who loves to argue about dumb poo poo like this

http://www.avclub.com/article/best-sitcom-episodes-last-25-years-part-1-213562

and that includes me. stash from the past should be way higher, gently caress you av club

If itt doesn't have "SPEWEY and Me" from Get a Life, it's useless.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Bown posted:

Was making predictions with a buddy about what'll be in the top 10. Here's what I had written down:

The blurb at the end of today's list about an episode in the top 10 containing a trivia contest makes me think they're going to include "The One with the Embryos" from Friends, especially considering this article was published on AV Club a couple years ago:

http://www.avclub.com/article/why-ifriendsi-fake-game-show-epitomized-ensemble-c-84632

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
AV Club sure do a lot of lists these days.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

hcreight posted:

Marge vs The Monorail is my Simpsons guess.

Mine's Last Exit to Springfield.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

xeria posted:

The blurb at the end of today's list about an episode in the top 10 containing a trivia contest makes me think they're going to include "The One with the Embryos" from Friends, especially considering this article was published on AV Club a couple years ago:

http://www.avclub.com/article/why-ifriendsi-fake-game-show-epitomized-ensemble-c-84632

Chardee MacDennis :getin:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Metropolis posted:

Mine's Last Exit to Springfield.

I'm going with You Only Move Twice

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Nah that might make for an actually ok list. Instead they'll pick the family guy crossover episode as the only Simpsons episode and make it #9 just to generate maximum clickthroughs and unique page hits in the hopes of increasing their user retention.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

So far Man Seeking Woman is pretty weird.

It was kind of weird, but It really wasn't all that weird, it mostly just committed to a bit.

Being set up on a horrible blind date happens. And getting dumped, only to see your ex moving on to dating some douchebag, that also happens. They just cranked it up to 11, where the blind date was literally a troll, and the ex was dating Hitler.

It was a decent pilot, but it seems like it could easily turn into some SNL style bit where they have one joke and they run it into the ground.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

drunken officeparty posted:

Is there a Workaholics thread? New seasons starts tonight but I don't see one.

Out of my friends that watch the show (exactly two dudes), I don't know a single person who's looking forward to more Workaholics after the last season unfortunately. That season started out okay but I'm hard-pressed to tell you about the later half of the season other than I can't remember laughing all that much.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

thrakkorzog posted:

It was kind of weird, but It really wasn't all that weird, it mostly just committed to a bit.

Being set up on a horrible blind date happens. And getting dumped, only to see your ex moving on to dating some douchebag, that also happens. They just cranked it up to 11, where the blind date was literally a troll, and the ex was dating Hitler.

It was a decent pilot, but it seems like it could easily turn into some SNL style bit where they have one joke and they run it into the ground.

I think the biggest hurdle the show has is that some of the crazy stuff is actually happening (the troll and Hitler) but other stuff just seems to be going on in his head (the rain specific to him and the whole bit at the end.) Also it's kind of funny to see how between the filming of the pilot/first episode and the second Eric Andre filmed an entire season of his own show. You can tell because of his hair, in the first episode he has it long but in the preview for next week its a lot shorter. This is because for the recent season of The Eric Andre Show he chemically straightened it as a joke but this kind of ruined his hair so he had to cut it short afterwards.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Seams posted:

Well, they don't have much in the way of worthwhile content anymore.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Rarity posted:

I'm going with You Only Move Twice

False the best Simpsons episode is Two Bad Neighbors

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
You guys do realized they published part 2 of the list at midnight, right?

And here's a list of episodes that didn't make the, uh, list: http://www.avclub.com/article/best-sitcom-episodes-last-25-years-orphans-and-out-213497

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

USA cancelled Benched so it must've had like, legendarily bad ratings.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

lelandjs posted:

Amazon asked me to watch one of their upcoming pilots as part of the Amazon Previews program. I'm not sure how much I'm supposed to say or not, but I will say that the show was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be--except for the extensive amounts of full frontal nudity. So, uh, there's that.

The pilots are now up on Amazon, which means that I can now reveal that the show I was talking about is The New Yorker Presents. Not kidding.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

lelandjs posted:

The pilots are now up on Amazon, which means that I can now reveal that the show I was talking about is The New Yorker Presents. Not kidding.

You're right, I don't see how full frontal fits that at all.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Empire's second episode rose to a 4.0. That's a monster nowadays. Is it any good?

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ys-flat/350602/

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

IRQ posted:

You're right, I don't see how full frontal fits that at all.

One of the segments is about Marina Abramovic, if you're really curious why.

Also fans of Brett Gelman should check out the episode for the opening segment.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Empire is okay, but as I said before I'm really just watching for Cookie's scenery chewing and the music. It's definitely not "great" yet.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Seams posted:

It's a quick an easy way to get a ton of pageviews and attention for almost no effort. Case in point: the past two pages.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Here are my top 18 pages of this thread:

18: The last page
17: This page

Come back tomorrow for more.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Page 3 or bust.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hi, Amazon Pilot Season 2015 kicked off the first round today. Go watch and vote and talk about it here.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

MrAristocrates posted:

Page 3 or bust.

page 1 had some good concepts but the thread really hadn't found its voice yet. 3 is obviously great, but I think page 2 has a certain rawness and natural feel that is lacking later on

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

At least Will smith made the non-list list. :sadfan:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Aye Doc posted:

page 1 had some good concepts but the thread really hadn't found its voice yet. 3 is obviously great, but I think page 2 has a certain rawness and natural feel that is lacking later on

I think we can all agree that Page 9 is where it definitively jumped the shark.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

DaveWoo posted:

I think we can all agree that Page 9 is where it definitively jumped the shark.

I have faith that we'll do the thread finale right. We won't all inexplicably give up television for no reason whatsoever, and we definitely won't have all been on probation all along.

Also we'll all be leaving to go host The Tonight Podcast.

I couldn't figure out how to work in HIMYM without it getting weird

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Hi, Amazon Pilot Season 2015 kicked off the first round today. Go watch and vote and talk about it here.

What happened to the Chris Carter one from last year? I thought it was OK, but my wife keeps asking me about it and I don't remember if or when it's coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ariza posted:

What happened to the Chris Carter one from last year? I thought it was OK, but my wife keeps asking me about it and I don't remember if or when it's coming back.

It was canceled before they shot any more episodes.

• Locked thread