Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
That's as close as they'll ever get to the Neilsen ratings column

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I don't know why we are criticizing or making fun of TNA for taking out a big ad in USA Today. WCW did it and look where it got them. :smug:

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Taking an ad out is the least stupid thing they've done in a while

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

spike tv never took out ads for them

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I'm going to laugh so hard when Impact loses viewers this week.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

I'm going to laugh so hard when Impact loses viewers this week.

Isn't this the taping where there's like 350 people in the building, and they decided to light the crowd more than last week?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

dsriggs posted:

That's as close as they'll ever get to the Neilsen ratings column

hahaha

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rovert posted:

Dixie's half page ad:

Is it really a good idea to put the TNA ad next to the section on Nielsen ratings

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
So, it's a one day ad? Premieres TOMORROW

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DEAR RICHARD posted:

So, it's a one day ad? Premieres TOMORROW

Newspapers aren't generally known for having shelf lives longer than a day...

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They self-destruct after twenty-four hours.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

rovert posted:

Dixie's half page ad:

Looks like something a bird left on the hood of my car

The ad, too :downsrim:

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Not even a good newspaper. The loving USA Today.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Luigi Thirty posted:

Looks like something a bird left on the hood of my car

The ad, too :downsrim:

damnit

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Not even a good newspaper. The loving USA Today.

Dixie likes their crossword best!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
If that was some small indie promotion I'd say 'hey cool, good for them' but holy hell how does anyone in charge of Impact think something that looks like that in USA Today is their silver bullet?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
TNA, much like print media, will never die despite being huge money sinks.

How is Panda Energy doing with the huge fall in oil prices?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm looking forward to the debut of Egde.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Tatum Girlparts posted:

If that was some small indie promotion I'd say 'hey cool, good for them' but holy hell how does anyone in charge of Impact think something that looks like that in USA Today is their silver bullet?
"We just need an ad in USA Today"

I'm pretty sure TNA is like cockroaches, Game Boys and Nokia 3310s and will survive a nuclear apocalypse. Impact will still get a 1.1.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jan 16, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Doc Morbid posted:

"We just need an ad in USA Today"

I'm pretty sure TNA is like cockroaches, Game Boys and Nokia 3310s and will survive a nuclear apocalypse. Impact will still get an 1.1.

No it wont. Not anymore.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

He will feud with Side and Corner.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Well, obviously not now, but in the post-apocalypse people might be desperate enough for entertainment that their ratings will improve.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Doc Morbid posted:

Well, obviously not now, but in the post-apocalypse people might be desperate enough for entertainment that their ratings will improve.

It will be like in that one brief vision of the future in Terminator, where a family watches flames flickering in a burned-out TV. Just with TNA.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

RZApublican posted:

Is it really a good idea to put the TNA ad next to the section on Nielsen ratings

Well I mean, it's beneath the fold, on the back page of a section, which in turn would be on the left page on the full paper, removed from any headline or high footfall page underneath industry news.

It's a half page ad for sure, but its about as horrible a placement as they could get for one.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's so perfect it would be in USA Today. Especially since the WCW birdshit ad was also after the product had a coat of paint and crappy new logo thrown on it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

Well I mean, it's beneath the fold, on the back page of a section, which in turn would be on the left page on the full paper, removed from any headline or high footfall page underneath industry news.

It's a half page ad for sure, but its about as horrible a placement as they could get for one.

So basically the best they could afford

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Chris James 2 posted:

So basically the best they could afford

Hey man this was a DESTINATION AMERICA thing that was a HUGE selling point for TNA

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Maxwell Lord posted:

"Tazz! That's the Other Edge! Not the one in U2! I think we know him!"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Well Jeff Hardy's staying

https://twitter.com/JohnGaburick/status/556149329476333568

John Gaburick ‏@JohnGaburick
Proud to announce that Jeff Hardy will be staying with @IMPACTWRESTLING.

Watch Impact tonight 9/8c on DA!

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
The only way I would be ok with Jeff Hardy back in WWE is if he worked limited dates, so I guess he might as well stay in purgatory.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
So who's going to be the first to die in a TNA ring, Hardy or Angle or Samoa Joe's dignity?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Answers Me posted:

So who's going to be the first to die in a TNA ring, Hardy or Angle or Samoa Joe's dignity?

That last one died a long, long time ago.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Every major name star that re-signs with TNA you can almost guarantee they checked with WWE to see if there's any interest first. Even if its something as back channel as calling Vince or HHH and asking for a job.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Great White Hope posted:

That last one died a long, long time ago.

How so? Its not like they would ever make him draw a penis on his face.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Answers Me posted:

daniel bryan

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Answers Me posted:

Dixie Carter

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

fwiw I've had IMPACT promoted tweets on twitter for the last few days, though I don't know if that's targeted (lol) or what. Probably far more effective than a newspaper ad at least.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Vertical Lime posted:

Well Jeff Hardy's staying

https://twitter.com/JohnGaburick/status/556149329476333568

John Gaburick ‏@JohnGaburick
Proud to announce that Jeff Hardy will be staying with @IMPACTWRESTLING.

Watch Impact tonight 9/8c on DA!

Not a real surprise. Granted Jeff could sell plenty of merch, but he still has his drug history, and what good is a guy in Jeff's pay range when he can't even participate in the WWE's international tours.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
If he likes teaming with his brother, that's also something he can probably only do in TNA (as far as "major" promotions go). I can't see WWE ever hiring the Hardys back as active wrestlers, but I could see them getting put in the WWE Hall of Fame someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Tato posted:

If he likes teaming with his brother, that's also something he can probably only do in TNA (as far as "major" promotions go). I can't see WWE ever hiring the Hardys back as active wrestlers, but I could see them getting put in the WWE Hall of Fame someday.

No question that they should be in the HOF. That's a no-brainer.

Did Matt burn bridges? I can't remember his last departure from WWE; I just remember the fun times like MVP best friends/enemies storyline.

• Locked thread