Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

IRQ posted:

we definitely won't have all been on probation all along since page 15.

Only the sideways pages took place in probation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Ariza posted:

What happened to the Chris Carter one from last year? I thought it was OK, but my wife keeps asking me about it and I don't remember if or when it's coming back.

It's dead, and some people in the thread that saw it were like "good riddance".

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MrAristocrates posted:

Page 3 or bust.

A short-lived late night talk show on Fox News, hosted by Kelvin MacKenzie to compete with Piers Morgan on CNN.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here's Thomas Jane looking goofy as hell in space. If you're into that sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X5gXIQmY-E

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Here's Thomas Jane looking goofy as hell in space. If you're into that sort of thing.

Man I hope this is good but my expectations are mega low.

The book that it's based on is really good and we need some straight up space sci fi on TV real bad.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hopefully The Expanse and Dark Matter are decent.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Deadpool posted:

At around 35 seconds, some douche is having zero-gravity sex; previously it was thought to be physiologically impossible. After all, some men can't achieve erections on earth, what chance do they have in space? But it turns out, space sex is a very real thing: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/r62jp/iama_nasa_astronaut_that_recently_returned_to/c437nfi

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Deadpool posted:

Here's Thomas Jane looking goofy as hell in space.

That hat. Give him an apple to eat and he'll be both an anus and an rear end in a top hat.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

we need some straight up space sci fi on TV real bad.

Do we really?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Deadpool posted:

Do we really?

It's been a decade since Galactica. We do need a space tv show.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

zoux posted:

The book that it's based on is really good and we need some straight up space sci fi on TV real bad.
Remember how the trailer for Ascension looked pretty cool?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

IRQ posted:

I could swear it was SNL but I could be crazy.

I am pretty sure SNL you are suppose to do it live, as people have gotten in trouble for lip synching and also changing songs midway through.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ravane posted:

At around 35 seconds, some douche is having zero-gravity sex; previously it was thought to be physiologically impossible. After all, some men can't achieve erections on earth, what chance do they have in space? But it turns out, space sex is a very real thing: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/r62jp/iama_nasa_astronaut_that_recently_returned_to/c437nfi

I thought the soviets did experiments to that effect 50 years ago?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
How do you keep your prostate healthy if you can't blow your load in space?

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
Did anyone else watch Man Seeking Woman?

It's an interesting concept I guess and I like Baruchel, but it's not really funny. At all.

edit: Oops, missed the conversation on the last page.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

The rest of it might be okay but I have zero expectation that Syfy is able to make the Venus stuff from the end of the first book look good.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Xandu posted:

It's an interesting concept I guess and I like Baruchel, but it's not really funny. At all.

Jay Baruchel is the Don Knotts of his generation and should similarly be relegated to supporting roles.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

zoux posted:

USA cancelled Benched so it must've had like, legendarily bad ratings.

Eliza Coupe can't catch a break. Neither can poor Jay Harrington at this point either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She deserves it for Scrubs.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Just saw the Man Seeking Woman pilot. The first act was just okay, but I think things really picked up by the halfway point of the episode. Not totally on board but it's a decent enough start.

Also whoever picks the music for the show really really likes Crystal Castles

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Xandu posted:

Did anyone else watch Man Seeking Woman?

edit: Oops, missed the conversation on the last page.

It had it's moments. Josh quietly getting drunk in the corner at the world's most awkward party, until he just starts yelling that he's better than Hitler, until he gets kicked out of the party made me laugh, but it might just be because I've been there. Without the Hitler, of course, but with a shitton more whisky.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Jan 16, 2015

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Trailer for the US remake of Les Revenants is here and it's practically a shot for shot remake. Actors who mostly look like their French counterparts play characters with the same names in the same clothes going through the same events.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2eug36_the-returned-remake-les-revenants_tv

I'm not sure it's going to work. Victor is not nearly as creepy and a lot of the cast don't seem to be the type they are playing. Sandrine Holt as Julie, Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Adele, Mark Pellegrino as Lena and Camille's dad, all I've seem them do is entertaining but light stuff.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Bleurgh. Season 2 of the original can't come soon enough.

I finally watched the first episode of Togetherness and it was really good! I've only ever seen 'Jeff, Who Lives at Home' by the Duplasses but if all their stuff is on this level I may have to check em out.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

bobkatt013 posted:

I am pretty sure SNL you are suppose to do it live, as people have gotten in trouble for lip synching and also changing songs midway through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26CN2Q_d8EU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Ravane posted:

It's been a decade since Galactica. We do need a space tv show.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2015/01/14/battlestar-galactica-anniversary-decade-33-pilot/

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

you've convinced me. it's time for a rewatch!

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
So, Amazon's The Man in the High Castle is loving incredible and you need to check it out and vote for it to go to series.

It's free to watch for anyone, right now. Don't wait. Just go. Schnell!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Ravane posted:

you've convinced me. it's time for a rewatch!

Why would you do that to yourself. If any show has ruined itself by the ending it BSG

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bro you are the most underrated worst opinions dude itt. Don't sleep on sbaldrick yall

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

sbaldrick posted:

Why would you do that to yourself. If any show has ruined itself by the ending it BSG

Not if you consider Exodus Part 2 the finale, and pretend the rest doesn't exist.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sbaldrick posted:

I think HIMYM can take that spot now. (not that I agree with you on BSG)

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

sbaldrick posted:

Started watching, thought it was great, then got to the beginning of S03 and it was a brick wall. I don't think I've ever seen a show become so farcical, so immediately. I couldn't manage past the first few episodes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't know when this is from but it's great.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/126486

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

zoux posted:

I don't know when this is from

Details posted:

From Season 35 Episode 14 | Aired on 02/06/2010

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

zoux posted:

I don't know when this is from but it's great.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/126486

He said it's entering it's fourth season. Burn Notice ended in 2013 on season 7, so it's from 2010.

Edit: damnit ^^^

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Bown posted:

I think HIMYM can take that spot now. (not that I agree with you on BSG)

I agree with him on BSG, but as stupid as that was, I have to give the crown to HIMYM because they actually did put together a good ending then deliberately went with the lovely insulting one.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think people put waaaay too much emphasis on finales.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
I liked the BSG finale. It remained spiritual to its roots and at the same implied that the cycle of cylons may just continue until one side or the other is wiped out completely.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Guys, the Netflix detailed content warnings are hilarious.

"Social Behavior
We are told Mario and Luigi are the "good guys," but their methods of conquering the "bad guys" (namely, force and trickery) are no different from the methods the villains use. The show also trades in Italian stereotypes, with nonstop references to spaghetti, pepperoni, and the like."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

zoux posted:

Bro you are the most underrated worst opinions dude itt. Don't sleep on sbaldrick yall

I"m coming for you Irish Joe.

What's really sad is I loved BSG right to the last two episodes.

HIMYM is the grossest ending, not the worst one.

• Locked thread