Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

franco
Jan 3, 2003
Richard Herring has a History degree...just sayin' :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

pentyne posted:

I think a blind- drunk David Mitchell trying to talk about history would be the greatest thing ever put to screen.

Mostly about Stalingrad

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Mostly about Stalingrad

Him trying to pick up a woman by talking about Stalingrad in Peep Show was probably entirely ad-libbed.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 15, 2015

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Give him a baldcap, a bunch of spirits and tell him to pretty much act out the darkest political hours of Winston Churchill. Instant hit.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
For better or worse, I'm watching this Cyberbully thing with Maisie Williams, so far it's pretty insipid stuff, and one teen just referred to another as "hack-man". :munch:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

WeAreTheRomans posted:

For better or worse, I'm watching this Cyberbully thing with Maisie Williams, so far it's pretty insipid stuff, and one teen just referred to another as "hack-man". :munch:

How many times middle aged people used the word 'troll' so far? I'm guessing 45.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Steve2911 posted:

How many times middle aged people used the word 'troll' so far? I'm guessing 45.

It's actually getting better, and no trolls so far

e: In probably the least unexpected twist of all time, Maisie IS THE CYBERBULLY. It works on so many levels

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

WeAreTheRomans posted:

It's actually getting better, and no trolls so far

e: In probably the least unexpected twist of all time, Maisie IS THE CYBERBULLY. It works on so many levels

Explain?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

It's really, REALLY predictable, and melodramatic, and written by someone who doesn't get the internet quite as well as they might think they do.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'm watching it too, due to my well-known taste for trash, and yeah, it's pretty awful. It's a shame, because Maisie Williams is WAY better than this.

It's essentially Reefer Madness for Facebook.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Casey Casey give me your answer do....

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I have fond memories of Killer Net from back in the 90s, so if anything you guys are just making me want to watch this.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
I've watched Bullseye the last two nights. I was expecting it to be laughably bad, which some of it (the prizes) is, but it's quite nice to see a gameshow host that's actually friendly and that people are happy to take home only a few hundred pounds and a fridge.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

Gorn Myson posted:

I have fond memories of Killer Net from back in the 90s, so if anything you guys are just making me want to watch this.

Was that the thing where there was a video game and people didn't notice it dialled out on the modem and it transmitted their details to some guy who murdered them?

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
I have a confession. I have been watching Celebrity Big Brother. Something I have never done ever. I can't stop. It's sort of like The Apprentice. I must see these horrible people bicker, argue and suffer.

Perez Hilton is possibly the most revolting person alive. His shameless and transparent narcissism has resulted in a personal moral dilemma. I now have no option but to support Katie Hopkins, someone who I utterly detest, because she puts him in his place without breaking a sweat. This is the power of television. Congratulations to Channel 5 for destroying my reality. I hope he gets evicted to the sun so I can go back to hissing at her.

8raz fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 16, 2015

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Swan Curry posted:

I've watched Bullseye the last two nights. I was expecting it to be laughably bad, which some of it (the prizes) is, but it's quite nice to see a gameshow host that's actually friendly and that people are happy to take home only a few hundred pounds and a fridge.

Countdown has only ever offered clocks, dictionaries, and some crystal thing possibly, and they're better for it. Maybe Susie Dent gives you a handjob when you win or something.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

8raz posted:

I have a confession. I have been watching Celebrity Big Brother. Something I have never done ever. I can't stop. It's sort of like The Apprentice. I must see these horrible people bicker, argue and suffer.

Perez Hilton is possibly the most revolting person alive. His shameless and transparent narcissism has resulted in a personal moral dilemma. I now have no option but to support Katie Hopkins, someone who I utterly detest, because she puts him in his place without breaking a sweat. This is the power of television. Congratulations to Channel 5 for destroying my reality. I hope he gets evicted to the sun so I can go back to hissing at her.
I've been watching it a bit and also found it very confusing and strange that Katie loving Hopkins is some sort of voice of reason in there half the time. I don't know why Perez is always getting morally outraged over stuff considering the poo poo he's done to people as well, what a plonker

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

8raz posted:

Ive lost so much respect for you

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Paperhouse posted:

I've been watching it a bit and also found it very confusing and strange that Katie loving Hopkins is some sort of voice of reason in there half the time. I don't know why Perez is always getting morally outraged over stuff considering the poo poo he's done to people as well, what a plonker

I came downstairs to make a coffee and overheard everyone ripping into him for asking her why she was a homewrecker and if she apologised and I found it really weird how everyone was acting as if he was out of order for talking about ashitty thing she did. One of the lovely things she did.

Don't loving watch Big Brother.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Crankit posted:

Was that the thing where there was a video game and people didn't notice it dialled out on the modem and it transmitted their details to some guy who murdered them?
Yeah. Almost everything about it was incompetently done but I enjoyed it a lot.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Szmitten posted:

I came downstairs to make a coffee and overheard everyone ripping into him for asking her why she was a homewrecker and if she apologised and I found it really weird how everyone was acting as if he was out of order for talking about ashitty thing she did. One of the lovely things she did.

Don't loving watch Big Brother.

It is a bit out of order though isn't it, to suddenly start attacking someone for no reason for doing morally bad things when he has done much worse

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Paperhouse posted:

It is a bit out of order though isn't it, to suddenly start attacking someone for no reason for doing morally bad things when he has done much worse

Then they should have called him out on his poo poo too and not blindly defend her behaviour before I went back upstairs because it's garbage TV filled with garbage people anyway.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Weird how Paperhouse seemed to not be posting when Ken Morley was in the house. Paperhouse can you confirm or deny rumours that you are in fact Racist Reg Holdsworth?

Fresh Meat has been confirmed to start filming for its final series this year. Whats the thread concensus on it? I find it a show full of unlikeable characters, particularly Josie.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I really like Fresh Meat because its funny and has a lot of heart and because Kimberley Nixon and Faye Marsay are the dreamiest.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Fresh Meat is garbage.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Just finished watching Cyberbully. It was dope. Maisie Williams owns.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Fresh Meat is great and each series has been better than the last.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Hollyoaks has managed to out-retard itself and its amazing to watch some actors try and say their lines with a straight face.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

The Big Taff Man posted:

Fresh Meat has been confirmed to start filming for its final series this year. Whats the thread concensus on it? I find it a show full of unlikeable characters, particularly Josie.

I like how dreadfully unlikeable and selfish they are, like most 20 year olds in real life. I also like how they're unafraid to make Josie the worst out of them all. In most normal comedy shows of this type she'd be the delightful lead girl that's always the voice of reason and sanity. It's much more amusing to have her be such a dreadful person.

I also love Greg McHugh as Howard. He's such a delightful character actor.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Total Meatlove posted:

Hollyoaks has managed to out-retard itself and its amazing to watch some actors try and say their lines with a straight face.

Please give me a synopsis of the plot because I can't imagine how Hollyoaks can be dumber than usual.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Mr. Squishy posted:

Please give me a synopsis of the plot because I can't imagine how Hollyoaks can be dumber than usual.

A serial killer has managed to escape from court, then went straight to his brothers, kidnapped three women and then recreated the boat scene from the dark knight despite the fact he was in a wheelchair and learned to walk again in prison.

"You're a wannabe Hannibal Lecter with a gammy leg"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Total Meatlove posted:

A serial killer has managed to escape from court, then went straight to his brothers, kidnapped three women and then recreated the boat scene from the dark knight despite the fact he was in a wheelchair and learned to walk again in prison.

I dip in and out of Hollyoaks to witness the more hilarious plots.

Looks like I'm suiting up once more because I need to see this.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've only seen the first two seasons of Fresh Meat, but it was great.

I had to stop watching it because it's ridiculously depressing to watch when you're not a student anymore. Even if Jack Whitehall is in his 40s.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Total Meatlove posted:

Beautiful :allears:

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
Watching the good life again who can beat Jerry and Margo??

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Is anyone excited for the forthcoming BBC Wolf Hall adaptation? I keep noticing more famous actors but I still just see a super long re-enactment from an old history doc.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
Based mainly on the recommendations of this thread, I finally watched Toast of London. Very glad I did - excellent stuff. Only seen the first season, so hoping the second is just as good.

Doubtful Guest fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Jan 17, 2015

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

Is anyone excited for the forthcoming BBC Wolf Hall adaptation? I keep noticing more famous actors but I still just see a super long re-enactment from an old history doc.

I will watch anything with Mark Rylance. He doesn't do just anything on TV.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
The Daily Mail has suggested that Wolf Hall could be 'the greatest period drama ever made'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed

Total Meatlove posted:

Also, the women are:
1. A girl who just got out of prison on a technicality (she murdered someone) where she was secretly pregnant with the brother's baby.
2. The brother's girlfriend, who is married to the brother's Dad and just had his Dad's :downs: baby.
3. The brother's twin sister, who the brother had accidentally had a daughter with when they were young. She's bat-poo poo crazy and had her brother handcuffed to a radiator for the last month.