Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Rarity posted:

Not only did he allow town to no-lynch he passed the buck to derp to avoid responsibility as well

I was pretty up-front about the fact that I was okay with a no-lynch there because I didn't like the merk vote. In a game where you're looking for an informed minority that knows everybody's alignment, being wrong about merk's isn't a scumtell.

Unless your theory is that merk and I sat down and decided this was the most effective way for us to blend in, in which case you're obviously paying less attention than I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zzyzx posted:

I was pretty up-front about the fact that I was okay with a no-lynch there because I didn't like the merk vote. In a game where you're looking for an informed minority that knows everybody's alignment, being wrong about merk's isn't a scumtell.

Unless your theory is that merk and I sat down and decided this was the most effective way for us to blend in, in which case you're obviously paying less attention than I am.

I'll deal with that in a second but first what's your response to the second part of my post?

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
##vote little Mac

You've done literally nothing this game (except totally hammer merk, for reals guys he did). You have less posts than the loving mod. Today is the first time you've actually sort of taken a stance on anyone. What posts you do have are dithering and deflecting (except for totally hammering merk)

Get lynched.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Seriously your post deadline vote on merk is literally your only vote this entire loving game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I agree with the cases on zzyzx and Little Mac and think both of those guys are scum. I also think Dugong is scum.

He made several posts D1 about players (WO and EP in particular) where he talked around his opinion without providing it and had a light "wow that was a bad vig merk" comment, designed to look townie.

D2 he was almost non-existent, but did manage to turn up 2 minutes after deadline for the no-lynch on merk.

Today he's called YPM scum (who he's been sure is scum since D1) but hasn't voted him. Instead he voted KFC and then unvoted as soon as his vote got some pressure.

I'd be happy to lynch any of these 3 today.

##vote zzyzx

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Winged Orpheus posted:

##vote little Mac

You've done literally nothing this game (except totally hammer merk, for reals guys he did). You have less posts than the loving mod. Today is the first time you've actually sort of taken a stance on anyone. What posts you do have are dithering and deflecting (except for totally hammering merk)

Get lynched.
I agree with you about Little Mac, but I actually think zzyzx looks worse, especially with the posts that Asiina and Rarity just pointed out.

##vote zzyzx

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Juanito posted:

I agree with you about Little Mac, but I actually think zzyzx looks worse, especially with the posts that Asiina and Rarity (ed. And KFC BEFORE EITHER OF THEM) just pointed out.

##vote zzyzx

Yeah, this over uranus.
##vote zzyzx

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hi sorry i haven't been around much

grad school app deadlines are today~

bye

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
pintrest mom you havent moved in our game im going to win by timeout

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

zzyzx (6): Rarity, Amoeba102, Asiina, fiery_valkyrie, Juanito, KhyrosFinalCut
fiery_valkyrie (2): KhyrosFinalCut, Chic Trombone, Pinterest Mom, Your Personal Muse, Pinterest Mom, KhyrosFinalCut
Little Mac (1): Winged Orpheus
Tremendous Taste (1): Pinterest Mom
Amoeba102 (1): Tremendous Taste
Asiina (1): uranus
KhyrosFinalCut (0): Dugong, Dugong
uranus (0): KhyrosFinalCut, KhyrosFinalCut, KhyrosFinalCut, Juanito, Juanito, KhyrosFinalCut

Not Voting (4): Allen Wren, Dugong, Little Mac, zzyzx

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 15th, 2015 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 5 hours, 32 minutes.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos

Juanito posted:

I agree with you about Little Mac, but I actually think zzyzx looks worse, especially with the posts that Asiina and Rarity just pointed out.

##vote zzyzx

I'm not sure I believe zzyzx is worse, but he's definitely on the "scummy" list and we're drat close to deadline.

##vote zzyzx

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

oh whoops i had assumed Mac was a replacement

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

choosing between 2 low posters isnt great but its day 3

##vote zzyzx

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Guys if we don't lynch FV I'm going to start crying.

If you want to get some new developments, look at merk's interactions with FV. I said at the time it was happening that I thought Merk was trying to protect FV (although admittedly for different reasons than reality). The only reason his plan didn't work is because of the vig. Otherwise we probably wouldn't have lynched him and would have been stuck in a rut.

Please lynch FV guys, it would make my Christmas.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
##vote valary

my day one instincts are correct 2/3 of the time

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

We have 3 hours and zzyzx is at minus -1. You're going to have to do more than that.

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Rarity posted:

I'll deal with that in a second but first what's your response to the second part of my post?

Where you asked why I haven't gone through merk's history in any detail? Nobody's going to read it, which makes it kind of a waste of my free time. The votes on me aren't there because anybody thoughtfully decided that I'm the likeliest place to find merk's scum buddy (you've been around longer than that and you're not that dumb); it's the path of least effort after the no lynch yesterday.

I'm having trouble getting into the game, and my role's not particularly useful until later, and the town's in decent shape number-wise so far, so it's not the worst thing in the world. For whatever it's worth I'd still pick Chic along with KFC.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zzyzx posted:

The votes on me aren't there because anybody thoughtfully decided that I'm the likeliest place to find merk's scum buddy (you've been around longer than that and you're not that dumb)

If I'm not that dumb then why wouldn't I be voting for where I'd thoughtfully decided the likeliest place to find merk's scum buddy was?

As for what you said earlier, being wrong about alignment isn't a scumtell (no poo poo sherlock), it's the manner you handled the no lynch that is.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

zzyzx posted:

Where you asked why I haven't gone through merk's history in any detail? Nobody's going to read it, which makes it kind of a waste of my free time. The votes on me aren't there because anybody thoughtfully decided that I'm the likeliest place to find merk's scum buddy (you've been around longer than that and you're not that dumb); it's the path of least effort after the no lynch yesterday.

You literally refused to vote merk yesterday, preferring to no lynch over voting merk. That makes you a pretty good scumbuddy candidate there, guy, so don't try to pretend that you're the path of least effort when there is a drat good reason you're -1 right now

Is there anything left to discuss before I hammer this scumbo?

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Your Personal Muse posted:

Guys if we don't lynch FV I'm going to start crying.

If you want to get some new developments, look at merk's interactions with FV. I said at the time it was happening that I thought Merk was trying to protect FV (although admittedly for different reasons than reality). The only reason his plan didn't work is because of the vig. Otherwise we probably wouldn't have lynched him and would have been stuck in a rut.

Please lynch FV guys, it would make my Christmas.

I'd be happy to and I'll say right now FV being willing to jump on zyyzyx is one thing what's giving me pause, but Zyzzx' behavior is really inexcusably scummy --- it remains so.

zzyzx posted:

I'm having trouble getting into the game, and my role's not particularly useful until later, and the town's in decent shape number-wise so far, so it's not the worst thing in the world. For whatever it's worth I'd still pick Chic along with KFC.

So you still think Merk, under no real pressure, decided to balls out case a scumbuddy out of nowhere, who was also under no real pressure?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

So you still think Merk, under no real pressure, decided to balls out case a scumbuddy out of nowhere, who was also under no real pressure?

I wouldn't pass it off as impossible. Hypothetically, it'd be setting the ground work for later town cred. but hypothetically it could be just a case for the sake of appearing to contribute. Look at Chic to get a proper call on Chic.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Just as side chatter, what happened to Allen Wren?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Awful quiet in here with under an hour to the deadline.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
should i cause another nolynch? HMMMM

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Probably not. Look how it went last time.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I guess there's not much left to talk about today so ##vote zzyzx

Should be :redhammer:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 3

zzyzx (9): Rarity, Amoeba102, Asiina, fiery_valkyrie, Juanito, KhyrosFinalCut, Winged Orpheus, Dugong, Chic Trombone
fiery_valkyrie (2): KhyrosFinalCut, Chic Trombone, Pinterest Mom, Your Personal Muse, Pinterest Mom, KhyrosFinalCut, uranus, Chic Trombone
Tremendous Taste (1): Pinterest Mom
Amoeba102 (1): Tremendous Taste
KhyrosFinalCut (0): Dugong, Dugong
Little Mac (0): Winged Orpheus, Winged Orpheus
uranus (0): KhyrosFinalCut, KhyrosFinalCut, KhyrosFinalCut, Juanito, Juanito, KhyrosFinalCut
Asiina (0): uranus, uranus

Not Voting (3): Allen Wren, Little Mac, zzyzx

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 15th, 2015 at 7 p.m. EST -- that's in about 40 minutes.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
game could be over now?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
oh wait 16 alive not 9

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Not home until 7, no posting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Oh my god can lynches happen at 8? Crimeny. Not that I would have not voted zzztzfcfx.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Oh oops
Shhhhh

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The server was quiet for once. The time for a votekick was at hand; they were getting bored. Nobody seemed to know who to call the vote on until a courageous voice uttered into allchat, "Well, what about that tryhard?" Everyone took a moment to think about this, as they all knew exactly who the voice spoke of. He was untalented and he watched all the pro videos and never shut the gently caress up about them and was always giving tips to people who were better than him. It was agreed that they hated him, and so he was sent to hell via votekick without pomp or ceremony. Let it be said of the young man that before the server executed the votekick on him that he gave everyone a nice tip on how to improve aim through crosshair placement.

zzyzx, CS-Aligned Tryhard, has been votekicked off the server!

As tensions began to dissipate and the heat of the moment was lost to the bitter winds of winter, opinions started to fly that actually, that guy wasn't too bad. Sure, he was hopeless and stupid, but he was loyal. Loyal to CS. You don't find that everywhere. And the lag. The lag seemed to be getting worse! An anonymous kickstarter was made for the server indicating its anger. A regular quickly pledged a mousepad signed by Dignitas as tribute, and the kickstarter description language brightened noticeably. Time was running out.

It is now N3! You have 24 hours to submit your night actions!

e: for formatting

Diqnol fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 16, 2015

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The night phase goes without incident and the lag problems remain a constant. It seems absolutely no progress was made through the passage of time. Everyone is totally unhappy about this stalling of the blood sport. Someone must pay!

NOBODY HAS DIED N3!

:siren:IT IS NOW D4:siren:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (15): Allen Wren, Amoeba102, Asiina, Chic Trombone, Dugong, fiery_valkyrie, Juanito, KhyrosFinalCut, Little Mac, Pinterest Mom, Rarity, Tremendous Taste, uranus, Winged Orpheus, Your Personal Muse

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 20th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 days.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
hello

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Come at me, bro!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Feelin' good.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So scum team, how u doin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
##vote little mac

Another day, another chance to lynch the guy who has gone out of his way to avoid contributing to town.

• Locked thread