Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

The link gets truncated, so in case people click without looking at the title text, that link is

lou reads ep 132 wet set a panty peeing pooping paradise

make an educated decision about what you hear today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Djeser posted:

The link gets truncated, so in case people click without looking at the title text, that link is

lou reads ep 132 wet set a panty peeing pooping paradise

make an educated decision about what you hear today

I'm so excited to play the "try to maintain a normal expression while listening to Lou on the bus" game on my commute tomorrow :allears:

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Tracula posted:

New Lou Reads episode and goddamn is it a rough listen. He loses his composure so many times.
http://loureads.com/2015/01/11/lou-reads-ep-132-wet-set-a-panty-peeing-pooping-paradise/
Jesus Lou, I mean it's appreciated and all, but you don't have to do this to yourself. It's not healthy.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Djeser posted:

the simulcast French/English thing with Acier and Isfahan(?) they did once

What episode was this?

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Sitting Here posted:

I'm so excited to play the "try to maintain a normal expression while listening to Lou on the bus" game on my commute tomorrow :allears:

Oh, that game is super easy!

Wait, your normal expression isn't a horrified grimace?

But seriously, expect the phrase "smelled like poop" to come up multiple times as a positive thing if you choose to listen to that episode.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

PubicMice posted:

What episode was this?

the MUD character bio one I think.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Tracula posted:

New Lou Reads episode and goddamn is it a rough listen. He loses his composure so many times.
http://loureads.com/2015/01/11/lou-reads-ep-132-wet-set-a-panty-peeing-pooping-paradise/

I think this one gave me more trouble than Cum On Food.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
That Lou Reads episode is magical. I listened to it when it was first posted but didn't think to link it here; I guess I dropped the ball on that.

Nothing tops the beginning, though. He should have taken some time and built up to that lovely story that totally happened.

PubicMice posted:

What episode was this?

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

Tracula posted:

One look at the accompanying picture is more than enough for me. Reading gross profiles on f-list and those other websites is :barf: enough, but this...

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Wet set dot net is a pretty cool url though, at least give them that.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Lou is hilarious when he's guesting on F Plus but I can't get into his show as much. It's not even the content being cringe-worthy so much as me wishing he had a co-reader or two with which to banter and laugh and express mutual disgust.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

kalensc posted:

Lou is hilarious when he's guesting on F Plus but I can't get into his show as much. It's not even the content being cringe-worthy so much as me wishing he had a co-reader or two with which to banter and laugh and express mutual disgust.

Yeah, the content really needs oter people to bounce off of and joke with and be disgusted alongside. Just it on its own is too much.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I sort of like the difference between The F Plus and Lou Reads. It's always great to hear the banter between them as they read something awful/disgusting/offensive/whatever but I really enjoy Lou being so matter-of-fact about this and doing everything he can to just keep a straight face.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
The joy of Lou Reads is that Lou sounds like loving NPR.

Isfahan's impression of him was magical.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
The F Plus is going out for beers with friends; Lou Reads is sitting alone in your room with a bottle of whiskey.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tracula posted:

I sort of like the difference between The F Plus and Lou Reads. It's always great to hear the banter between them as they read something awful/disgusting/offensive/whatever but I really enjoy Lou being so matter-of-fact about this and doing everything he can to just keep a straight face.

Yea there's for sure humor, for me at least, in a man just very straightforwardly and business like reading about people making GBS threads their pants and getting hard or whatever.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Ixjuvin posted:

The F Plus is going out for beers with friends; Lou Reads is sitting alone in your room with a bottle of whiskey.

And a revolver with one bullet, and it's a spin of the roulette after every other bit read.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, now I've become extremely confused.

Why did ProtonJon also show up on an episode?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

To read about COCK COMBAT! MAN ON MAN! BONE ON BONE! HEROIC HOMOSEX!

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

RareAcumen posted:

They used to have guests fairly often. That seems reason enough.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The best thing about Lou's show is when he cracks in the middle of a sentence and has to start over.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

To read about COCK COMBAT! MAN ON MAN! BONE ON BONE! HEROIC HOMOSEX!

Plague of Hats posted:

They used to have guests fairly often. That seems reason enough.

See, when that's the topic I have to imagine it's more like being conscripted into joining than being a volunteer thing.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The best thing about Lou's show is when he cracks in the middle of a sentence and has to start over.

It's either this, or reading the actually funny stuff, like lovely Christmas presents or groupie sex.

I realized today, while relistening to the F Plus quicksand and AHHHA episodes that some of the best jokes come from off-topic tangents. I've been giggling at "[Most Vertical Primate] does for monkeys on skateboards what Psycho did for showers. 10/10" all day.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

RareAcumen posted:

I asked him about that on the podcast he's in and he said that he knows (knew?) people involved with it and they asked him i he wanted to guest on an episode which he did. He didn't have any idea what the subject matter would be beforehand.

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I'm glad you guys are enjoying the latest episode of Lou Reads.

It's funny, I'm apparently so broken that I didn't find it so gross as much as just absurd. I do find the idea of someone wanting to simulate having a diaper full of fake poop because just can't do the real thing at the moment pretty funny though. The rest of it was just like "Come on..."

Thanks for listening, guys.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
So I'm listening to episode 148: "Exclusive Unoriginal Content", and I still can't figure out the pun behind "On the Tropes". What is it? :confused:

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
On the ropes?

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Nyarai posted:

On the ropes?
:doh: I was expecting something more :tvtropes:

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Dozerfleet episode is disturbing on so many levels. It's not as obviously disgusting as the plushy or adult baby episodes, but it's just... unsettling.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

The best way I can describe everything on that website is, like, think of a wood-paneled bedroom with a lovely HP prebuilt and a twin bed that smells like infrequent showering. You're not allowed to close the door, not even at night, and you can hear your parents snoring in the other bedroom.

It's that sort of sweaty, uncomfortable, lovely, undirected frustration that squirts out in unsettling ways.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Dozerfleet episode is disturbing on so many levels. It's not as obviously disgusting as the plushy or adult baby episodes, but it's just... unsettling.

I dunno. I'd guess the guy from the audiophile episode has him beat.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I wish the audiophile episode had been all about that guy, he was fantastic.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Sexual Aluminum posted:

I dunno. I'd guess the guy from the audiophile episode has him beat.

I don't know. Audiophile guy's thoughts on current events are "I like sound systems". Dozerfleet's thoughts are "I voted for Bachman, which is clearly supported by episode 10-04 of my show about ball-point pens saving the universe". Dozerfleet is rational enough to be a shithead, and is thus a way less pleasant person to think about. It's still a great episode, mind you. It just makes me laugh at him instead at the stuff he's writing.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Dozerfleet is Chris-Chan if he wrote that entire wiki about him on his own.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Are there people here dissing Patrick82? Because Patrick82 has achieved what many of us cannot claim, a thread solely dedicated to one poster. Patrick82 is the hero we need.

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad
There are so many questions about Patrick82. He seems deranged in an almost childlike way (e.g. not knowing that they have x-ray machines at airports, unable to understand the non-audio reasons for wanting a girlfriend), and yet he must have access to the tens of thousands of dollars necessary to have his over-the-top audiophile setup. Where does the money come from? What job does he have where he gets paid six figures a year while having such focused , unhideable crazy?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Squint posted:

There are so many questions about Patrick82. He seems deranged in an almost childlike way (e.g. not knowing that they have x-ray machines at airports, unable to understand the non-audio reasons for wanting a girlfriend), and yet he must have access to the tens of thousands of dollars necessary to have his over-the-top audiophile setup. Where does the money come from? What job does he have where he gets paid six figures a year while having such focused , unhideable crazy?

I'm guessing his parents, or other wealthy relative, died and left him a sizable inheritance, and he's never had to earn any other money to satisfy his lust for audio (I'm thinking that the 82 means he's just 32 or so).

Considering how askew his world view is, I doubt he spends much money on dinners out or gifts for friends or travelling or anything. Hmm, although he did go abroad when he brought back that massive rock I guess.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
If I had an impractically large amount of money, I'd probably just start throwing it at someone like Patrick82 just to see what would happen. Maybe that happened, he's just some rich weirdo's pet project.

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together
He should give some of that money to Bboy360 so he can make that movie rife with gamerscore-driven conflict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Get Innocuous! posted:

He should give some of that money to Bboy360 so he can make that movie rife with gamerscore-driven conflict.

This is completely unrelated, but whenever I hear a stupid person with an idea like that, I always find myself wondering 'is this, devoid of the guy coming up with it, a bad idea'? Usually the answer is 'yes', but sometimes you can see a pretty good idea in there if you feel it out.

I would totally watch Cheevos: The Movie if it were a stoner comedy. Maybe like, a Seth Rogen movie at its most expensive, but lowbrow comedy with complete putz characters nonetheless.